main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Senate [I Want to Believe] UFOs/UAPs/probably not aliens

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Apr 27, 2019.

?

UFOs/UAPs!

1. Aliens!

28.3%
  2. U.S. military!

18.3%
  3. Other military!

5.0%
  4. Time travelers!

3.3%
  5. Swamp gas or meteor or something!

1.7%
  6. Beings from another dimension!

5.0%
  7. Your mom!

18.3%
  8. Chris Carter's writing just keeps getting worse!

16.7%
  9. Equipment malfunctions and such!

3.3%
  1. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    It's probably just an experimental weather balloon powered by swamp gas.

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    ... on a pleasure cruise at night through eel infested waters.

3. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    It’s been going on since before the first Spanish Sailing Ships vanished. The Maya knew of the strange happenings and built a religion around it.

Just kidding. I think it’s advanced secret human technology or mundane human technology misidentified.

My favorite humans are using UFO tech ‘proof’ is fiber optics. (It’s not alien) The story goes fiber optics just appear ready for use in the late 1950s with no direct link to earlier technology. That’s because it’s technology recovered from crashed UFOs. The aliens used it in everything, even to transmit power. Our human scientists were able to recreate a basic version that uses light to transmit information.

Sarge likes this.
  4. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    David Bowie was an alien tho , right?

5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    But remember, it was the Nazi's and Hitler who supposedly had contact with extraterrestrials and had access to their technology. And then the US brought in all the former Nazi scientists to ramp up their space program.

Does that mean Hitler is responsible for the greatest advancements in human engineering? Ancient astronaut theorists...say yes.

Sarge likes this.
  6. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Unless those in charge of documenting the alien visits chose not to tell Trump for that reason.

The Goa'uld wouldn't want Trump.

7. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Abraham and Franck? Damn them!

8. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    [​IMG]

More pyramidal spaceship sightings of the comic-book-variety

9. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
    Not for the first time, I really don't know WHAT to think.

(1) If the US government is saying that these UFOs/UAPs are "real", I can't see them saying that if they thought for a minute they were something developed/reverse-engineered by another government. They'd be openly admitting that someone.... Russia? China?... had tech that completely outclassed the US's best military capability.
    (2) Given my feelings on #1, I'd have to say that if the US government really DOES believe UFOs/UAPs are "real", the UFOs/UAPs would probably either be some super super duper top secret US tech OR something truly mindblowingly weird, like aliens/from another dimension.
    (3) I can almost talk myself into believing that if the US government had info that UFOs/UAPs are "real" , but they aren't secret US tech, and we don't have the first clue where they come from or why they are here, the government is willing to shrug them off (in the sense of not freaking out) because they have been here a long time and (apparently) don't seem to be into doing anything destructive/harmful/militarily of concern. Basically yeah, they are real, no we don't know where they come from or what they want, but we DO know they have been buzzing around for at least the last 80 years or so and ... they seem harmless. Not that we could do anything about them if they weren't, but... they just don't seem to be a threat. So...SHRUG.

I will say it still kind of boggles my mind that you have some elements of the US government more or less saying that there is SOMETHING zipping around our planet that we can't explain, and it causing so LITTLE public reaction.

10. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    The people trying to hide the truth are getting desperate!

In 2017 I helped solve a UFO case. Using a hi-tech infrared camera, the Chilean navy had recorded video of a mysterious object in the distance. The black-and-white footage showed a bizarre black shape flying across the sky, and at one point it seemed to emit plumes of hot gases. A special group was formed of military personnel, scientists and other experts. Over two years they carefully studied the case, eliminated all mundane possibilities, and finally concluded that this object was a “genuine unknown”. A real UFO, certified by a national military.

The research group released their conclusions and published the enigmatic video. The writer Leslie Kean wrote an effusive article in the Huffington Post lauding the development as a “groundbreaking” and “exceptional” discovery based on video and accounts from, her Chilean government sources said, “highly trained professionals with many years experience” and the “full participation” of academia and the armed forces. The UFO community rejoiced.

Three days later I, and others, identified the plane as Iberia flight 6830, departing Santiago airport. The “hot gases” were just contrails, and the odd movement was the result of a low viewing angle and a powerful zoom factor on the infrared camera. The glare from the engines obscured the plane and created the unusual shape. Radar data confirmed that the exact location of the plane matched the UFO. Case closed. UFO enthusiasts were annoyed.

I am annoyed!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    Vaderize03, Juliet316, Rew and 2 others like this.
  11. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Anybody else wondering if UFOs are just billionaires from other planets?

15. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    If they exist, it's what Douglas Adams theorized - that they are the obnoxious rich kids of the galaxy that are coming to troll a primitive backwater planet.

16. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    Well. Someone has to keep us in galactic quarantine.

Vaderize03 likes this.
  17. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    can someone tell me what is going on this conversation about UFOS please

18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You're not cleared to know. But, the truth is out there.

19. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I am beginning to suspect the mods on here are aliens. ]-}

20. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The real aliens were the friends we made along the way.

Sarge likes this.
  21. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  22. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
  23. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Who titled a non-X-Files thread this way? Sigh.

24. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Mind you if I was the government and I was hiding alien aircraft I would absolutely let a few cranks who didn’t know about them release approved statements claiming we were as a sort of Zhuge Liang-style double bluff, “making weak points appear weak.” Have any top Pentagon officials been spotted carrying a copy of Mastering the Art of War?

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
  25. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I like how they try and sound sciency by using the phrase "non-human origin."