main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V AHSOKA Lit Thread - All Spoilers Under TAGs!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Oh I think those characters are gonna be replaced with Ashoka, Din, Boba and possible Ezra.

It's TTT but with those characters.

2. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I think it’ll be a Thrawn Trilogy adaptation in the fact that it’ll be about Thrawn returning 5 years after RotJ and leading the Imperial Remnant to attack the fledgling New Republic, but that’s it.

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Oh totally agree

It's as much a adaption as most Marvel Cinematic Universe movies are adaptions of the comics which are very broad strokes but then everything else is different.

Like Civil War.

4. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    To be fair, the article says the show is "not in active development", not that the show is "no longer in active development". That could mean it has been cancelled. It could also means that this show is on the shelf until Boba Fett, Mando S3, and Ahsoka are farther down the road (they can't make everything at once).

5. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah Civil War style adaptation of Thrawn Trilogy would be interesting, although makes you wonder if they'll dip into Deranged Jedi Clone C'Boath which could be maybe. But even though Civil War sort of just took the title and Team Iron Man vs Team Cap, it did make a point to crib a very specific shot/imagery with the Iron Man blasting Cap's shield in the finale. I'm sure if it turns out to be Filoni-sourced characters in Thrawn Trilogy, we may see a few settings and scenes repeated. Although how big a threat Thrawn could be you'd figure eventually Luke, Han, Leia and Lando would show up. Well maybe not Luke, he's sorta busy (I'm still not sure what he's doing at this timeline point, picking up Grogu seems to indicate he's started his training temple but that only happened when Ben was like 10 or something)

6. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    The actual Thrawn/Imperial scenes and imagery could probably translate pretty well without too much hassle.

It’s mostly the stuff with the OT trio that would be irksome given canon and real world factors. But like I said, I don’t expect the series to really touch on that aspect of the novels.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Honestly minus Rulkh you could probably recreate the first scene of Heir to the Empire with little changes.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Just have a different Noghri there :p

BigAl6ft6 and Dream-Thinker like this.
  9. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Eagerly awaiting the Pellaeon casting.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Riv_Shiel

Apr 12, 2014
    If the crossover event really is a Thrawn thing (I'm not convinced), it would be cool if they got Shannon McRandle to do a cameo.

Irredeemable Fanboy likes this.
  11. Irredeemable Fanboy

Irredeemable Fanboy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 27, 2020
    Along with Tim Zahn and Michael Stackpole.
    [​IMG]
    Just like this, in the background.

12. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    I think since we have so little to go on, it's too early to know anything for sure. It's a big assumption that this "event" will even involve Thrawn at all, let alone if it will be at all similar to Heir to the Empire.

But . . . if it is . . . it means the revised Disney timeline goes as follows:

• After ROTJ, the complacent New Republic believes it has defeated the Empire. But the long lost Grand Admiral Thrawn returns to cause trouble.
    • When Thrawn is defeated, the New Republic is certain that this time the Empire is kaput. But little do they know that a clone of Palpatine is building more planet destroying super weapons.
    • Leia tries to warn the New Republic about a looming threat, but in spite of her high station she is ignored.
    • The son of Han and Leia becomes a Jedi but turns to the dark side, and becomes head of state for the galactic government.
    • Jaxxon is a character who exists.
    • Also Boba Fett survived the sarlaac.
    It would be wonderfully ironic. Now we just need the Vong to show up, and Legends and Canon will become identical!

13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean in some ways a lot of Canon is sorta a remix/adaption/re-imaginging of Various Legends stuff right?

Like Rogue One is the combination of "Lets Steal the Death Star Plans"

The Sequels are the Legacy of the Force mixed with Dark Empire remake with a sprinkle of Jedi Prince and Jedi Academy for good measure.

Solo takes influence from his Dark Horse comics

Like that's sorta what Marvel did with the MCU and what Star Wars has been doing.

14. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    So far it’s looser than what Marvel/DC/Fox/Sony has been doing with their comic book movies.

15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I suppose since its taking concepts and not really characters or direct events.

Thrawn perhaps being the notable exception

16. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    We’ll see what happens here. If they are doing Heir to the Empire, then I think pretty much most of Thrawn’s various manuevers could carry over with little change, like the laying siege to a planet using cloaked asteroids and all that. That would probably make it more of a direct adaption, compared to say, Dark Empire and the Rise of Skywalker.

17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I will be curious to see how massive they allow for Thrawn's campaign to be .

I mean they could easily ignore the Bloodline decades of peace thing since onscreen stuff now dominates lit stuff now.

But even then the idea is the Republic is suppose to get complacent. Unless of course they spin it as...Thrawn is (At least in the New Republics view) The last gasp of the Empire

when obviously Clone Palpatine and the First Order are doing there thing

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2021
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    like this one bit didn't seem relevant to the story of Mandalorian Season 1 or 2, like, at all

It's total, kinda blunt but I'll take it, franchise teaser building. Heck the last time we saw Thrawn he got zipped away by space whales.

Unless they tie in Gideon to Thrawn. Hell I was half expecting Thrawn to show up at the S2 finale. But we got Luke instead. I can dig it.

Also the problem with Thrawn showing up in Mandalorian is It's suddenly "Gideon who?" And he's being set up as the main show big baddie. "Long. Live. the Empire." C'mon, you can't just toss him aside from that. even if it's Thrawn. It's Giancarlo Esposito!

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean Giancarlo did some interview back in Season 2 that indicated maybe Gideon is working for someone or has contacts.

20. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    We still don’t know who the villain for The Book of Boba Fett will be either.

21. Riv_Shiel

Apr 12, 2014
    You have to keep in mind that the episode was also intended to kick off Ahsoka's series. I took the Thrawn thing as being set up for her show, not development for Mandalorian. I can't think of a single other thing in The Mandalorian that looks like it is building towards Thrawn. That is why I'm skeptical that he is the crossover event.

BigAl6ft6, JediBatman and Golbolco like this.
  22. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I can't imagine what act would follow Thrawn as a villain. Mando Season 3 will probably just have more teases, rather than have him be the antagonist straight away.

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Ahsoka willonly be reintorducing Thrawn as a villain and mandalorian will be busy with finding other clans and uniting them and season 4 is the battle of mandalore. We will get more teases of the first order and Snoke, But Thrawn will be presented as the big bad. I think there an imperial blockade on mandalore. I think Thrawn will serve as this temperory villain as Palpatine and Snoke works from the shadows.

24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    If the Hutts don't make an appearance, I'd be shocked.

25. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Definitely makes sense. This is the perfect era to get in the weeds with the Hutts post-Jabba.

Last edited: May 22, 2021
    Riv_Shiel and JediBatman like this.