main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MOD A Brief Interruption In Your Scheduled Modding (a sorta away announcement)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Mira_Jade , May 11, 2021.

1. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Hello fellow fanficers!

This is just a brief announcement to let you know that we are going to be a little short-staffed on the mod side of things for the next month or so. Our very own Briannakin had a slew of DRL hit her all at once, and she is going to be MIA besides checking in here and there whenever she can. Likewise, mavjade has had her own RL matters that have kept her away more often than she would like as of late. Things seem to be leveling out for her, however, and she should be around more. (Seems to be and should be are the key phrases there.)

Between mav and I, we'll undoubtedly be able to hold down the fort while Bri is gone. Yet, should you find yourself in need of a modly presence and neither of us are online, the following mods have graciously volunteered to help keep a watchful eye on the goings on hereabouts. @Adalia-Durron is a fanfic regular you already know and love, and I know you are pleased to welcome back @A Chorus of Disapproval as a fanfic mod pro tem. (Come on guys, look pleased.) @Jedi Master Scorpio has also generously offered his assistance, so let's be our best selves and impress a newcomer to our corner of the boards. (Hear me? Don't scare him.)

In all seriousness, though, we know that you guys are a fine group of folks who are capable of handling this maturely. There's really nothing for us to worry about. Or, at least, that's what we assured Bri. So, um . . . let's not make liars of us if at all possible. ;) [:D]

[​IMG]

2. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    We will be fine! No stressing and lots of us know enough to answer questions for newbies. Plus honestly this is the quietest friendliest community (Stares at Reddit)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    All of this is correct. I'm just here to help you hide the bodies.

4. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Here to observe, and to help keep the chaos to a minimum. :) (Read: I might not have a ban hammer, but... what Chorus and Kit said. :) We'll be fine.)

Last edited: May 13, 2021
  5. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
  6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I need your help in hiding the body of my boss... and also probably the co-worker that brought all this on. At this point I'm honestly looking for a new job because this poop-show is just ridiculous. I'm actually done for the week because I have run out of hours they are willing to pay me for (but now I have to do all the other stuff in my life that has stacked up).

Anyways, thanks Fan-Ficcers! Y'all are awesome!

7. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Stands in corner attempting to look scary but failing miserably.

Should I bring my bow and arrows along?

Take Care @Briannakin and rest up. Do what you have to do, its's all good ;)

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Always! You never know when a rabid plot bunnies will swarm and it's our sworn duty to protect.

9. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    If they are within 30 meters, they're done for! ;) :p

10. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Sorry. Probably a silly question (but those who know me realize those are the only type of question that I ask:p) but if I am interested in hosting an event this summer, should I contact just @Mira_Jade by PM or should I include other mods in the message?

Don't want to bother anyone who is already swamped with other stuff in their lives and careers, but also don't want to be rude and leave anyone out who should be included. Or am I overthinking things as usual[face_thinking]

11. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Send a PM to a mod. Yep. Totally. :)

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'd send Mira a PM. The FanFic mods have a private forum where they discuss stuff like this. She can bring it up there for the other mods.

13. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Great. Thank you both! I will do that:)

14. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I was wondering the same thing, because I have a sort of ongoing PM thread that includes all three mods where I send them my mod-type questions. But I can do ones just to Mira for the time being. Thanks for the clarification! :)

15. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Yep! You can definitely still PM me and I will make sure mav and Bri will be able to see your message when they are able. Mav is still trying to check in fairly regularly, and we'll be able to get back to you on things like challenges and what not without too much delay. So if you have ideas for anything fun this summer, please don't hesitate to share just because we are a bit short-staffed. We're still here for you. [:D]

Last edited: May 22, 2021
  16. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Thanks, @Mira_Jade. [:D]

I really appreciate all the work you and the other mods do to make this one of the friendliest and most fun places to post on the Internet!

17. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
  18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Please still include me on your PMs if you would send it to all of us at the same time. I should be around and that way it still is who ever sees it first can answer or start any discussion. And for an even bigger reason, that way it's not so much all on Mira. (The only reason I didn't say this earlier is I literally couldn't log on, the board glitch was killing me.)