main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Altair You a New One: The Assassin's Creed Series

Discussion in 'Community' started by Valyn, May 14, 2010.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think his ideals even when working with their brethren threathened their own ideals.

2. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I found it very interesting that they kept him away from it, given his ties to the Freemasons and if I remember correctly the Freemasons were influenced by the Knights Templar. Also The Truth missions in AC:2 and Brotherhood implied that he was tied to the Templars (or I might be remembering it incorrectly).

I hope to play Origins and Odyssey soon as I have a better PC and recently bought them on sale.

Only Rogue and Valhalla remain for me after that :D

Gamiel and blackmyron like this.
  3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    The historical antecedents aside, in conspiracy stories the Founding Fathers are almost always tied to one secret society or another. AC had not only Washington, but pretty much all the Founding Fathers outside the Assassin/Templar Orders.

The Truth missions in AC2 indicated that Washington had one of the Apples of Eden at one point, which was explained in the AC3 DLC.

4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Which feels very strange. Having most of them as Templars would have been most fitting with the whole Freemasons thing. And it could have been an interesting thing if some of the FF were Templar agents while some other was Assassin agenst

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    See you in 300-350 hours then.

blackmyron and darkspine10 like this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A bit old by now but could still be a fun watch for people, a youtuber that specialize in vikings react to the Assassin's Creed: Valhalla trailer:

7. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    ... and Rogue is down.
    It's a fine bridge between III and IV, and has some novel concepts (like the assassins waiting in ambush that you have to detect), but plotwise it required "Assassins act like complete irresponsible idiots". And it doesn't make sense from the perspective that Shay's story ends well before AC III's does - and we apparently never find what happens to him and why he doesn't show up when Connor is destroying the Colonial Rite.
    Also, nothing really new in the Abstergo Entertainment building to see.
    On to Unity!

darkspine10 likes this.
  8. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Just started playing Wrath of the Druids, and after reaching Ireland and meeting

Eivor’s cousin and spending the night in Dublin, I was given a Lynx!! It is so cute!

Think that alone just made this entire DLC worth it :p

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  9. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    We saw the entirety of Ireland, me and that animal you mentioned.

Jedi Knight Fett and Moll like this.
  10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Any reasons given ingame for the apperance of the "druids" on Irland?

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    So a second season pass? That's different.

How has the Druids DLC continued the present day story? Full spoilers are encouraged.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  14. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Druids didn't do anything with the present day story as far as I could tell

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    There’s no present day content.

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Thanks, that's surprising given how open ended it was in the main game, which via its twist, assassinated my interest in playing the DLCs.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think New announced dlc Will present day.

18. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    I was hoping that the Wrath of the Druids DLC would have some present-day elements, as it was that component that really made me want to continue with the story. Bit disappointed to hear there isn't any at all, although the DLC is still pretty fun, nonetheless.

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  20. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Finished the Wrath of the Druids DLC last night, the final boss battle was very fun. I did find that they didn't really scale the levels of the enemies too well, so it was too easy to beat the opposition. However, it was nice to have a straightforward fight at the end where I didn't die heaps of times! It was basically a mash-up of all the Sisters of Lerion abilities, but a different colour (at least imo) xD

I might try out this new mode tonight or tomorrow to see how it is, it looks interesting, but the stealth one will probably cause me a lot of aggro, stealth really isn't my strong point! [face_laugh]

Jedi Ben and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  21. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    133 hours and 30 minutes later, I finally completed the main storyline of Valhalla (also wiping out The Order). I really didn’t expect to enjoy the game as much as I did. The game world is vast and offers plenty of contrast and variety. I particularly enjoyed Jorvik and the north, but Glowecestrescire was haunting and atmospheric. The storyline was very engaging, but I feel it became a little frayed towards the end. I was invested in many of the characters and I enjoyed the moral choices Eivor was forced to make.

I rather liked Ceolbert, so Ivarr went straight to Helheim. I also convinced Halfdan to execute Faravid, purely as a punishment for waging war against the Picts.

I’m definitely buying the season pass, but I might give myself a little break before I start Wrath of the Druids.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
    Moll and darkspine10 like this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    How did you find the story's major endgame twist?

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I've been wanting to replay Valhalla again. Hopefully it's patched up enough now that it doesn't crash every 4-6 hours. I'm considering doing an Ancients Trilogy playthrough while I wait for PS5s to become easily available.

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You definitely want to play Valhalla on a PS5.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2021
  25. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I found it genuinely surprising. Though, to be honest, I don’t think that it was properly built up to in the storyline and it was never really fleshed-out.

There wasn’t enough background information to explain Basim’s betrayal. We were given a couple of references to a son, but that was it. We’ll undoubtedly be seeing more of Basim in future games (possibly the DLCs)

Jedi Ben likes this.