main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming In a grim dark far future there is only war - A thread for Warhammer 40k

Discussion in 'Community' started by Gamiel, May 23, 2020.

1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    :oops:
    I had in mind to mention sword decorations and a preference for power-swords, but forgot it, thanks for reminding me. They do also have the DA's robes, even if they are saffron (a wink to how Buddhist monks are often depicted).

Also, like the DA do they dislike abhumans and will not fight alongside them or spend any resources to aid them.

Will also ad all this ^ to my master text

Realised that I have not really thought about how to do with the Ravenwing, it feels that Errantors should follow the DA Chapter organisation (when possible, they don't have enougth Terminator armour for the whole 1th Company e.g.) but don't know if the Ravenwing counterpart should be marked out in any way (colour, hussar "wing", or other)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  2. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    Have the robe go over a single shoulder, here are depiction Guan Yu legendary late Han period Warrior. He wears a cloak over armor but his sword/spear arm is not covered.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The deathwi g sergeant from the 6th edition starter set has this

[​IMG]

May even go green with the 2nd company to tie them to the Mother Chapter a bit more the other companies.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    Gamiel likes this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Beside the HH-era Emperor's Children, Knights of Byzantium, and Sons of the Phoenix, have we seen any Chapters that have purple as their main colour / as part of their main colours?

4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    The Hawk Lords.

https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Hawk_Lords

Gamiel likes this.
  5. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Got a bit of Gaunt burn out going. Even though I’m loving this series barring 8&10 I’m finding myself just not reading for any length really lately. Like I’m lucky if I can blast 3 or 4 pgs a night the past few weeks.

So I’m setting Gaunt on the minor daily read priority while I focus on something else for the major daily read. Just to get a bit of recharge.

Gamiel likes this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    We also have the old Index Astartes colour sheme for the pre-Heresy Alpha Legion
    [​IMG]

That's not unusual to my understanding when dealing with longer series.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    Iron_lord likes this.
  7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Started reading Siege of Terra: Saturnine this afternoon - pretty good so far. White Scars are one of my favorite Space Marines.

Iron_lord and Gamiel like this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Some fun fan-concepts:

Xenarite Miniatures Showcase by Jchrispole on DeviantArt
    [​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    So I just made a big order from GW - Ravenwing Accessory Pack; White Scars Bike Squad Upgrade Pack; White Scars Primaris Upgrades & Transfers; Kor'sarro Khan; Legio Astorum Transfer Sheet; Dark Angels Primaris Lieutenant Zakariah; The Sabbat Worlds Crusade (Hardback); Blood Angels Primaris Lieutenant Tolmeron - all in all 1 740 kr / 171,84 € / 205,18 $.

For most of them I have no plans to use them right now (I need to be better with my paints) but like to have them for the future, if they go they way of some of the other things I was thinking about but is no longer available

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Got myself some old Chaos Space Marines Transfer Sheets
    [​IMG]

And while I have no plans to paint CSM:s do I like the idea of using the symbols that are not showing Chaos glypeses as Chapter symbols for a DIY Chapter, and was thinking it would be fun to hear what armour colours people think should be used togheter with the symbols for the Word Bearers, Iron Warriors, World Eaters, Thousand Sons, Emperor's Children, Alpha Legion and Night Lords respectively?

And yes I know the Iron Warriors symbol is already used by the Silver Skulls.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    There is also the original colours of the Death Eagles Chapter
    [​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I don't know if they count since they were abandoned for the Tome Keepers and not developed beyond colour scheme and name, but the Astral Hounds are purple
    [​IMG]

There seems to be more purple marines than I first thought but we could have more of them

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A follow up question to the one about purple Marines, in a way: what chapters do we know that have orange as their main colour or as one of their main colours?

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I just saw a dress that made me want to see a force (Wh40k or AoS don't matter) painted in green and gold.

Iron_lord likes this.
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I had forgotten I had a fanmade spreadsheet with images of many of the established Chapters colours. Based on that we have for orange:
    Celebrants (maybe, their colours are red faded down to yellow and orange is there in the middle)
    Knights of Gryphonne
    Hammers of Dorn (orange is their secondary main colour)
    Covenant of Fire

And some not jet mentioned for purple:
    Imperial Stars
    Soul Drinkers
    Emperor's Scythes
    Invictors
    Liberators
    Silver Guard

So a lot more purple, but only four orange Chapters all in all. Orange really need to get some more love.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2021
    Iron_lord likes this.
  16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    So we got some new Death Korps of Krieg and Ork Kommandos, tagging @Anedon since if I remember right did he like the Death Korps

We got a new warzone, hinting at that we may see some Tyranids updates in the near future

We not only get to see tha final Beast Snaggas models, and not just them: there is a big overal update for the orks

And finally, it seems like the Black Templars are going to be next Chapter geting an update

17. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    I see GW wants to alienate the fanbase even further... [face_frustrated]

Just saw the TTS announcement, can't say I am surprised...

18. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  19. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    If the Emperor had a Text-to-Speech Device

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    "A Living Miracle for a New Era – Meet the Emperor’s Champion in All His Glory

[​IMG]

It is the belief of many within the Imperium that ardent applications of faith will be rewarded. Well, Black Templars fans, what can we say? You have waited patiently, and you have received your just deserts.

Wreathed in divine light, descending from the cold darkness of space with righteous fury, please be upstanding for the living miracle himself – the Emperor’s Champion.

[​IMG]

Now that’s a champion, alright. For the Black Templars, perhaps the most pious – and pernickety – followers of the Imperial Faith, the Emperor’s Champion is the holiest of all.

No one knows how or why, but every so often, a Black Templar of any rank starts receiving visions from the God-Emperor – and when the Lord of Mankind makes you that kind of offer, you can’t just refuse it.

Wracked by these visions, a newly anointed Emperor’s Champion is confirmed by the Chapter’s Chaplains, leaves their old life and rank behind, and is tooled up with a whole chapel’s worth of relics and raiments. These include a Black Sword, a rare power weapon, the first of which was wielded by Sigismund, First Captain of the Imperial Fists.

[​IMG]

Emperor’s Champions also wear the Armour of Faith and an Iron Halo, artefacts of such sacred power that the Black Templars have been known to launch entire crusades to recover them if a Champion falls in battle. This is a Chapter that does not mess around.

[​IMG]

Just look at all those heirlooms, just begging for a lick of the Emperor’s holy paint.

All of the sacrosanct wargear is present in magnificent detail on this stunning miniature. It’s so fine, you can almost see the light of the Emperor shining down and wreathing him in glory.*

This new Emperor’s Champion is actually a careful homage to a classic model from antiquity – Warhammer 40,000’s third edition – which honours Chapter tradition by retaining an iconic pose.

[​IMG]

The Emperor’s Champion is a paragon of faith and fury whose appearance on the battlefield strikes fear into the hearts of those who oppose him. And, rest assured, he won’t be standing alone.

Stay tuned to Warhammer Community, where the faithful are sure to receive further blessings very shortly.

* Portable spotlight for tabletop encounters available separately."

From https://www.warhammer-community.com...-meet-the-emperors-champion-in-all-his-glory/

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
    Iron_lord likes this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    @anakincol any plans to turn this bad boy into a Dark Angel?

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Anybody else know about + Some Things Are Best Left Forgotten + (warofthefalseprimarch.blogspot.com) ? It's a fan project based on the War of the False Primarch, of which we know nearly nothing about for something that seems so big, and I have decided to do a Kill Team for it as a personal chalange and as a way to get my to paint more.

I plan to do a SM kill team of at least five marines and have decided on Soul Drinkers (using some parts from the Blood Angels upgrades kit), and the Nemesis chapter (using a skull shoulder pads from the CSM set), was thinking of using the Sons of Jaghatai as a third one. What other chapters should I do (don't want to pic any of the big ones)? I plan to try to customize each of the figures to give them more personality so if a chapter suggestion could be followed by a suggestion on how to easily kitbash something that says that chapter would I be extra happy.

I did take the time and I like it with its 80's/early90's anime feeling.

Iron_lord likes this.
  25. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I’ll confess I’m much more of a lore-fiend than gamer for the franchise… but what’s your guys’ thoughts on other “lost” Primarchs returning to the “modern” setting, to join or confront Guilliman?

It feels like Vulkan kind of has to reappear eventually just because of his inability to stay dead. El’Jonson is basically pulling his own “King in the Mountain” trick like Papa Smurf did. Corvax and Russ are both missing in the Eye of Terror, while Khan disappeared in the Webway. And even on the other side (or both, whatever) there’s a hell of a lot of ambiguity about which Alpha Legion Primarch was confirmed KIA by Dorn, and whether or not the other one actually died at Papa Smurf’s hands, *and* the lore is ambiguous about how fallen-to-Chaos they are/were in the first place.

The Primaris Marines almost have to have some chapters fall to Chaos soon, at any rate, and it feels like that kind of faltering on the Imperium’s resurgence in the lore would best be accompanied by something else groundshaking, and another “son” returning to complicate Guilliman’s place as the current “Augustus” would be right up that alley.

Corvax, Russ, or Kahn could all emerge either corrupted, ready to serve, or in a disagreeable mood for the Galaxy as is. El’Johnson feels like he could very well be treated like an explicit rival to Guilliman given their similar incapacitation and the way the lore has built him up as another one of the more strategic thinkers in the family.

And while I’d don’t think I’d want Alpharius/Oregon emerging as either a straight-forward Chaos Primarch or “Secret Loyalist”… I’d absolutely love it if, like everything else with them and their Legion, we got an ambiguous set of returns, with different potential Alphariuses emerging with different goals and motives, making use of both his tendency for decoys and his birthright from the Emperor (an ability to manipulate how other perceive him) possibly emerging among their ranks.