main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Tom Veitch's original plan for Anakin Solo

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediAvatar, May 27, 2021.

1. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    One thing I wondered and think might've made the sequel trilogy better. Why did it have to be a Skywalker to fall to the dark side? Why not make Kylo Ren some unrelated brat that Luke and Leia found and helped raise but he got grumpy cause he wasn't a Skywalker? How would the sequels have gone if Kylo Ren wasn't Ben Solo?

2. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    I’m quite interested in thinking about alternate storylines for the Skywalker grandchildren, so I love that this thread exists.

Recently I’ve wondered if the EU should’ve just had either the twins or the single child but not both. The conflation of all three clearly came about from lack of communication, and until the NJO it always seemed a bit discordant. Even then, they just ended up killing Anakin, so I suspect the storylines could’ve been more cohesive if they’d only focused on one version. It often felt like they kept them separate and yet also tried to avoid having separate storylines that were too similar. Ideally they would’ve focused solely on one of those stories and told another one years later, as they did with Ben Skywalker.

In any case, Lucas certainly seemed to be interested in the idea of having a story with two siblings, and I do think that could’ve been a way to provide interesting parallels to Luke and Leia. But Veitch certainly seemed more interested in a story with a single child. Dark Empire focuses pretty much just on Anakin (despite mentioning the twins and briefly showing them in Luke’s vision). And the end of this story does have Palpatine come close to taking over Anakin’s body. So there could’ve been over time a lingering doubt about whether some of Palpatine was able to attach to him.

Another alternative would be to explore the unique nature of a Jedi family. In the prequels Lucas explained that Jedi were supposed to forego attachments. But clearly Leia and Luke were not raised as Jedi, and so they would’ve struggled with attachments themselves and with the new generation. So Leia’s children would’ve been far more like a regular child in the real world. How do you train a child who is otherwise raised in a secular society to attain the selfishness of a monk? I don’t think Leia would’ve felt comfortable making that choice for her children, and I suspect that although she would’ve trained them to be more disciplined and selfless than most people generally are, they would not have gotten full Jedi training until they were old enough to make that choice. And thus as Jedi they would’ve always had a tinge of the materialistic world in which they were raised, especially in contrast to other Jedi who may have been trained from a much younger age.

My suspicion is that something like this would’ve been what Lucas would have explored. Because it results in a story with characters who are much more similar to their audience and who also serve as a possible model for them. In other words, by seeing these kids who were raised as regular children go through the training of a Jedi, the audience (also kids) would’ve seen what it takes to become a more selfless being, to learn to attach importance not to one’s own material needs (what society teaches) but to the greater needs of not just all peoples but also all life. I think it could’ve been quite a journey, and undoubtedly a controversial one. But I would’ve loved to see Lucas’s approach to teaching the ethical value of ecological thinking in a post-Imperial era. It almost goes without saying that it would’ve been quite relevant to our day and age.

But as far as Anakin Solo goes and Veitch’s own story, I do suspect we would have seen something closer to Ben Solo’s story. Perhaps Palpatine’s spirit could have maintained some continued influence in his life, and his struggle would have been to move away from that darkness and to find a way to obtain the light. It’s a more fantastical version of the storyline I proposed for the twins, with the Emperor’s darkness being the source of conflict as opposed to the cultural effect of being raised as a regular child. I feel like there’s even something of Children of Dune in this potential story, with Anakin struggling to find a way to not let the demon in him overcome his personality and take over his actions, and thus potentially reach the great heights his grandfather never did.

Last edited: May 29, 2021
    Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  3. JediAvatar

JediAvatar Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 11, 2020
    I think originally the books (Zahn) and the comics (Veitch) were gonna go their separate routes, so one universe with the twins Jacen and Jaina and the other with the only child Anakin. But then Kevin J Anderson decided to include Dark Empire into the storyline, which I’m glad he did. You could say that it would’ve worked better if it were just the twins or the only child but I think the authors did a good job balancing them out.

I get what you’re saying with the Jedi family thing but I don’t think that applies here since this is Luke’s Jedi order not the prequel Jedi. Which is a good thing cause I’m not a fan of the prequel Jedi.

Yes you’re right Anakin would be similar to Kylo Ren in this regard. Although I would keep Palpatine’s spirit out of it personally. I’d say the internal conflict works better if it’s solely coming from Anakin. Also if you include dark side spirits then Anakin could come across as another Kyp Durron.

On a side note I find it interesting that Veitch had something in mind for Anakin similar to Kylo Ren because originally he wanted to set Dark Empire about one year after Return of the Jedi which means that Anakin Solo would have been born in 5ABY, the same year Kylo Ren is born in the new canon.

AusStig and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  4. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hmmm this is a good point. It's unlikely Veitch would bring back Palpatine yet again following Empire's End, so presumably something else would cause Anakin's fall. Unless he was tainted to begin with, from Palpatine. Although considering Veitch was one of the first to develop the ancient Sith, it seems more likely the influence would have come from there.

Actually, this brings us to KAJ: Why did Veitch fall out of the picture after the mid-90s, with KAJ finishing the TOTJ stories about Uliq and Nomi? It was also KAJ who wrote and co-authored most of the novels following Empire's End for the next several years, including the ones about the Solo children. If Veitch had previously worked on projects with KAJ, then what happened there? Did Veitch ever tell KAJ about his initial idea to make Anakin Solo go dark?

Nom von Anor, AusStig and JediAvatar like this.
  5. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    Well yes that's literally the point of this thread

Xammer and JediAvatar like this.
  6. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    I think in one of the interviews Veitch gave recently he mentioned that there were behind-the-scenes contractual issues that interfered with a few projects and eventually led to some of the people he was working with (like TOTJ artist Chris Gossett) from no longer working on SW. I can’t remember whether he said something similar happened with him, but it makes sense that those of issues might eventually push him to leave. In that case, I imagine he may have discussed some of his ideas in a general sense with other writers, since he was disappointed they didn’t follow through, but likely nothing specific. I’m very curious for this upcoming book of his regarding his time writing for the EU, so I hope it really does make it to print.

And I agree, I don’t think Palpatine’s spirit would’ve necessarily been a thing, but the possibility of it might be enough to seed doubt in Anakin’s mind. I do agree that Veitch wasn’t afraid of playing with Sith spirits, so I also would’t totally discount it as a possibility down the line. But other Sith spirits could work well, though ancient Sith spirits were more KJA’s thing, to be honest. Veitch’s work seems more focused on revisiting the personal ghosts of the more recent past, but I’m curious what sort of enemies he would’ve wanted to see these characters face in the future.

As for the Solo twins, I agree the EU would not (as they did not) follow ideas of the Jedi established by the prequels. But I think the Lucas sequels might have, and a not-inconsequential point of that would be to dispel some of the negative impressions people got about the Jedi in the prequels. It is still very common among the fandom to attribute great fault to the Jedi’s perceived dogmatism and arrogance for Anakin’s fall and their own destruction. Which is something I think Lucas has been trying to clarify ever since. So I think seeing the Jedi Order rebuilt from scratch would’ve given him the opportunity to show why that training is the way it is. Because it does make sense from a philosophical perspective at least, but of course Luke and Leia demonstrate there can be other options too.

Which brings me back to Veitch’s Anakin. He shows that he does pay attention to Joseph Campbell’s seminal ideas, and so it’s interesting and true in a sense that the character ideally starts from a point of darkness, or at least of the absence of light. I would need to reread some of Campbell’s materials, but he does focus on the hero’s journey being largely about their having encounter with the divine, with bliss, and bringing back the boon of their findings to the profane world. The post-Imperial world would not have been dark the way the OT was, but it would’ve been a traumatized world, tired of war and conflict, with its ideologies and idealism exhausted and wounded. It would’ve been a gray world where ideas of truth and good would’ve seemed outdated, and reforging the harmony of true democracy would’ve been a true challenge. If the ST hadn’t been so afraid of world-building, we may have gotten some of that more clearly, as I remember the opening passage of TFA’s novelization had an excerpt from the Journal of the Whills that talked about the “dissolving of the gray through refined Jedi sight.” So I think some early EU authors, and perhaps Veitch especially, were on a similar wavelength to Lucas when it came to their vision of what would happen next, at least in a general sense.

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    Riv_Shiel and Barriss_Coffee like this.
  7. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    Bruh "boxy rebel ship" that is in-between Jaina and Anakin or Jacen is so a World Devastator.
    [​IMG]
    This has been a Fleet Junkie Moment

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    I think that some measure of angst over his name makes perfect sense, especially at the time he experienced it. It's really the JJK that explores the idea of his struggle with his name and heritage, and it's that point in his life -- a child reaching the age at which he struggles with the notion of becoming an adult, growing up -- where he would be most vulnerable to the fear that his name (and even if he didn't have the name, his family heritage as the grandson of Darth Vader) symbolize a burden of inescapable destiny, the fear that he could end up going wrong like his grandfather.

These are struggles anyone in his position has to face: grappling with the legacy of being the grandson of one of the most evil figures in the history of the galaxy -- but one who started out heroic, too, so it's not as if he can simply reassure himself that he'll be fine because he's a good kid. It would be madness if he didn't struggle with being the grandson of Darth Vader. Indeed, every Jedi character should struggle at some level with the knowledge that they could go wrong, could fall to the dark side, the burden of knowing that it might be only one bad decision away.

But it makes especial sense that Anakin would struggle with the issue of his name at time he did: old enough to finally start grasping just how devastating and dangerous his heritage is, young enough to still feel that sort of childhood superstition we're so prey to, that pull of childlike fear that the name means something, that fear that he could be somehow doomed to repeat the first Anakin's sins.

And this is where I disagree with Veitch's premise: it's good that Anakin did struggle with the burden of his legacy via his name, but it's not a good premise for the character's overall arc. As an adult, having a character named after Anakin Skywalker somehow repeating his struggle with the dark side but without fully falling (Veitch, in the quote, seems a bit vague about what his idea for an actual narrative is but it seems to be the sense) feels a bit pat. "Anakin, but when push comes to shove he doesn't fall," is a concept worth exploring, but probably not with a guy literally named Anakin. It's also the general basis of the story that Veitch already told with Luke in Dark Empire, so he's really just repeating himself again but for some reason feeling it really important that the character literally be named Anakin, which I guess fits Veitch's obsession with repeating the same story beats from both the films and himself over and over and over.

Also, Veitch seems to be relying on secondhand descriptions of Anakin Solo's arc, because his concept seems to be that Anakin struggles with the pull of the dark side but stays on the light side. Obviously, the NJO didn't go for this as a full central arc, but we still have the fact that Anakin Solo did struggle with his legacy before making peace with it and growing up into a confident Jedi hero, one who did show concern about the dark side but didn't worry about it overmuch. I think that's a preferable arc for him, because it deals with this interesting question, but doesn't get into this sort of formulaic rut of the guy whos' named after Anakin having the narrative role of being a reflection of Anakin's arc who spends all his time worrying about being a reflection of Anakin. Instead, the NJO sort of split the kind of arc Veitch seems to be talking about between the twins. Jacen's arc was to really delve into the philosophy and struggle almost to the point of paralysis with the meaning of the dark side, the possibility of temptation, and have that sort of deep inner struggle with his legacy, before overcoming it and becoming a confident and moral Jedi Knight who has processed these questions. And Jaina got the arc of being someone who dances along the edge of the dark side, flirting extensively with anger and despair in her wartime experience, without ever really catastrophically crossing the line, before coming through the storm and emerging as a confident and strong Jedi Knight. I think the decision to process Anakin's legacy more through the twins, while allowing Anakin to ultimately reflect more his uncle Luke's legacy as a hero who found his confident embrace of the light early, holds up well and is probably better than trying to make Anakin's arc one of being Anakin 2.0.

(To an extent, I think the kind of arc Veitch is suggesting is actually played out most analogously in one of the only LOTF arcs to come near to working, Ben's. Ben undergoes an extended temptation by the dark side, struggles with his soul in the balance, and ultimately comes out on the right side, but continuing to have to confront this personal legacy of his period with his dark mentor and his knowledge of his own potential fallibility afterward. LOTF's attempt to toy with prequel concepts was generally a big old misfire, but there were two elements of it that were on the right narrative track and had the potential to work profoundly well in a better series: Ben facing the dark mentorship of Anakin but rejecting his Palpatine figure without falling, and Luke avoiding the mistakes of the prequel Jedi by facing a complex galactic situation but remaining focused on uncovering the Sith rather than picking a side in a galactic civil war.)

I think it's ultimately a reflection of the odd but understandable dualistic way that Anakin/Vader is seen. Obviously, naming her son Vader Solo would have been a super badass name but totally unjustifiable on Leia's part. But Anakin Skywalker wasn't an Adolf Hitler who went through life with one name and symbolized nothing but evil; Anakin Skywalker was a great and shining hero of the Clone Wars, who was corrupted by evil and became Darth Vader, one of the great figures of evil. There's this sort of bifurcation of his personas that's fairly unique. Naming a child Anakin is, I think, representative of Leia's (and Luke's) desire to reclaim the positive elements of their father's legacy -- his heroism as Anakin -- and to sort of ward off the negative aspects of his legacy as Darth Vader. It rejects the Vader aspect and stakes a claim to the primacy of the Anakin aspect. Obviously Luke and Leia have to grapple with the fact that their father did these evil things, that he was that man, but you can also see a throughline in one of the ways they process it being the desire to claim the primacy of the Anakin persona. This is their father, this is who he was, this is who he reverted to at the end, this is who approaches them as a Force ghost supernaturally validating this identity, and Darth Vader was a temporary corruption, not the "true" representation of their father. It's a way of saying to their children, "Don't think of yourself as Darth Vader's grandchild, think of yourself as Anakin Skywalker's grandchild."

It's still a bit messed up for Leia to give her son the name, but it's also arguably messed up on a similar level for Luke and Leia to have any kids at all, since they will inevitably have to grapple with the legacy of being Darth Vader's grandkids no matter what name you give them. There's a reason why Hitler's relatives all decided not to procreate. But Star Wars, I think, inevitably must take a more hopeful approach to the issue, the idea that Luke and Leia, and for that matter Anakin Skywalker himself, can redeem the sins of the past. That the heritage Luke and Leia will hand to their children is more positive than negative, that their kids can be heroes and need not be burdened with some kind of generational sin. On some level it wouldn't be Star Wars if Luke and Leia didn't have kids and pass on a positive legacy (one of the many points the ST misses completely). So they're going to have kids, they're going to deal with their heritage no matter what, and so in that respect the name isn't all that much more of a burden.

I agree that from an outside, objective perspective, Leia's putting an unnecessary burden on her son. But I do think it makes a lot of sense in character because of the bifurcated way the characters see the Anakin/Vader duality and the attempts they make to understand and formulate an approach to accepting their parentage. Leia, especially, underwent a long and complicated struggle to accept that her father was someone who, to her, was simply Darth Vader; she didn't have the positive associations to heroic Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker that Luke did. It was a profound shock to realize that her biological father was not only one of the most evil men in the galaxy, but someone who had wrought profound, personal, direct harm on her, her cause, her world, her family. Her path to forgiveness and acceptance was much longer than Luke's (and significantly underexplored in the literature, let's be honest), but it's important that she got there. In that respect, I find naming her son Anakin a really interesting character note, because it indicates more clearly than anything else her ultimate acceptance of Luke's vision of their father, his paradigm. She, too, can now see the positive aspects of her own legacy and claim them for herself, rather than seeing her family purely in terms of a burden and a darkness. She can find a personal peace by seeing her father as Anakin, not Vader. In that context, I think it makes a certain in-character sense for her to celebrate this release and stake her claim to a positive rather than negative legacy, by reclaiming the Anakin name. For her especially, it makes sense almost as an act of aggression against the idea that Darth Vader is her father, a way for her to actively reject his legacy and assert the primacy of good in her family.

It's still a little messed up, but it makes sense in the context of the psychology of the character and makes for incredibly fascinating subtext, which is something the EU was so serendipitously good at giving us.

ViariSkywalker, jSarek, Cynda and 4 others like this.
  9. I prefer an EU with Ben Skywalker and Anakin Solo than Jacen and Jaina

10. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    So just those two and no other kids?

11. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    Can we have an EU where the Solo children and Ben Skywalker live and don't put up with a Yuuzhan Vong invasion or a useless trip down the path to the dark side of the Force?

Oh, I'm writing an EU very similar :)

12. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Veitch's Anakin Solo would've been more conflicted but overall would remained still good following his own hero journey is basically all there was to it. Kasdan/Abrams made the Dark Side win with Ben Solo, while his Anakin Solo would seem to be have more inner conflicts perhaps more akin to Lucas' Anakin Skywalker of TCW. Veitch pretty much states that he would've remained good basically & not consistently like the EU portrayed him out to be by later writers as. I think thats probably the reason why he had Leia name him Anakin, was supposed to be prophetic and knowingly or unknowingly, the Force working through Leia kinda thing. Probably in other ways Ben Solo is more akin to Jacen Solo. Likely Veitch's Anakin Solo would've had similarities to that character's personality originally.

Also remember Veitch wanted to do a post Clone War era story with Vader hunting down surviving Jedi, but Lucas rejected it back in the late 80's. So its likely he would've explored Anakin there as well. Anakin Solo in his mind may of been a kinda reincarnation of Anakin Skwyalker of sorts hence the name and bloodline, but this time he remained good like Luke and Leia or Han.

Veitch's idea's for Anakin Solo came at time when there was nothing on Anakin Skywalker, there was no prequels or TCW or whatever - just Kenobi's varying memory and dialogue from the original films and whatever bits were in the novelizations - which changed since Lucas made Anakin into Vader.

Sauron_18 and AusStig like this.
  13. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    Ben Solo/Kylo Ren is nothing like the original Solo children. It's clear that Ben was old when he was young and really just a broody lonely child with no siblings (because it was written in the new canon that Han and Leia were TOO busy to have more kids, compared to Legends when they made the time -- if they knew what to do with Han).

14. JediAvatar

Jun 11, 2020
    I don’t think Anakin Skywalker’s fall was done very well in the prequels. Also it’s not very original.

I don’t think Veitch’s arc for Anakin Solo would be a repeat of something we’ve already seen. As @Vorax pointed out, he would be similar to Kylo Ren, except more conflicted and less dark. As we know, Kylo Ren didn’t exist at this time so it’s not really a rip off.

Others may disagree but I think Tom Veitch does a good job coming up with a concept and bringing it to life. Take Qel-Droma for example. According to Veitch, the idea behind Ulic was that he would start off as a Luke Skywalker type character and then eventually fall to the dark side, and he did this very well in my opinion, Ulic is one of my favourite characters.

Now Veitch planned to have Ulic stay on the dark side but KJA changed that when Veitch left, though I think this is a good change because TOTJ Redemption is probably my favourite Star Wars comic.

AusStig likes this.
  15. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
    Do be fair, the vast majority of human families in Star Wars stories have 1 or 2 children. And with that, I'm scratching my heading; how has the human race expanded across half the galaxy, including the Outer Rim, when fertility levels don't even reach replacement levels?

Last edited: May 31, 2021
    Vthuil and AusStig like this.
  16. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Clones!

As for the Rim, human slaves were bred by their Varlian masters and not allowed to follow human custom of family and loyality or marriage, hence they fathered many more children with many more people. Cue Slave revolts and freed Rim humanity could continue as they preferred in some regions at least.

That aside, humanity is a master of interbreeding with other species and even if that created plenty offshoots and crossbreds, over time it enriched the human genepool and enlarged humanity as occasional "aliens" in the family tree may have been ironed out by the subsequent generations keeping it with humans. Humanity spread its wings but in the long run stuck to the main gene pool with the alien components it added thinning yet nevertheless being responsible for their survival as they apparently did not require much to come back and thin the alien part generationally.

17. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Yes I love redemption, it is a great and unique story in Star Wars with having someone redeemed and alive.

JediAvatar likes this.
  18. Sauron_18

Apr 1, 2005
    This makes so much sense. I think you’re probably right on the mark. With no writer being allowed to explore Anakin Skywalker’s story at the time, yet having the general idea of it so intriguingly presented by the first three movies, I can see why Veitch would want to explore Anakin Skywalker’s story instead via parallelism. And because he is so conscious of the mythical dimension of these stories, I agree that Veitch may have seen the sharing of a name as not merely the sort of tribute we see in the real world but as something much more symbolically and mythically important. Or, like you said, prophetically meaningful.

In that sense, Anakin Solo would’ve been a way for EU writers to explore a sort of alternate version of who they imagined Anakin Skywalker to be, yet in the form of his grandson, who was accounting for the evils of the past and also ultimately choosing a path toward the light that would redeem his grandfather’s sins even more completely. There is something powerful about the mythical image of the next generation becoming and improving on the previous ones, not merely as separate beings but in a way as a continuation of them.

Indeed, similar ideas were at least played with by concept artists like Iain McCaig during the making of the sequels. McCaig made several works that explored what it would be like if Anakin’s spirit returned and were still struggling with light and darkness, even after death. Veitch’s Anakin Solo could’ve explored something like this, only in the physical realm, as a reincarnation (out-of-universe) of his grandfather who completed the journey back to the light in his place.

Xammer, Vorax and AusStig like this.
  19. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    A lot of those planets have populations akin to that of a mid-size Earth city.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  20. Jeff_Ferguson

Jeff_Ferguson Force Ghost star 5

May 15, 2006
    It was a directive from above --- DE was always going to be a part of the novels' continuity, even if Zahn wasn't crazy about it. Veitch says as much in this interview:

"At the time, there was a lot of interest in how your work fit with The Thrawn trilogy of novels. Did you talk with Timothy Zahn to organize yourselves and put the whole story together?

TOM: In terms of the creative timeline, our Dark Empire series was proposed, accepted, and scripted about six months before Tim was recruited to write his novels. In fact, Lucasfilm first proposed to Bantam Books that they do a novelization of STAR WARS: DARK EMPIRE. And they said they would rather ask one of their novelist to create a new story. Tim Zahn was hired and he worked very fast. As I recall he finished his book in about two months. (Don't forget, it takes a lot longer to draw a comicbook series than it does to write a novel!)

So HEIR TO THE EMPIRE came out, was an instant best-seller, and LucasArts said to me, "See if you can make the comics fit with Heir to the Empire." I rewrote the introductory rollup to make them fit together. Later, when creating Dark Empire II, we took Zahn's work more fully into our plotting.

Another interesting fact, generally unknown by the fans, is that Tim was asked to critique the DARK EMPIRE plot and I was asked to critique his book. This led to a spirited exchange which someday may see print. Tim hated the idea of Emperor coming back (and probably wasn't aware that George Lucas had proposed the idea to us). As for me, I found his book curiously uncinematic. I felt (and still feel) that all Star Wars novels need to be highly visual and give you the impression you might be sitting in a theater. I told him Heir to the Empire didn't feel at all like watching a movie. Tim took that criticism to heart and his subsequent work was a definite improvement."

He goes more into his critique of Heir and his back-and-forth with Zahn here.

From a quick googling it seems like Veitch has only given hints at the most about why he dropped out of the picture:

"As you know, there came a point in the mid-1990s when I dropped out of doing Star Wars. Kevin wanted to continue, as did Chris Gossett."

"Ultimately, in any collective business enterprise, the creative side begins to suffer, in one way or another. Let me sum it up by saying, 'As Star Wars once again became a cultural phenomenon, I felt my freedom begin to slip away, and so it was time to do other things.'"

21. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    Idea for a Disney+ special: Tim and Tom debate Star Wars. I'd pay a premium to watch that.

22. JediAvatar

Jun 11, 2020
    Here’s another idea: Matthew Stover and Troy Denning debate about Vergere.

Nom von Anor, Daneira and QuinlanSolo like this.
  23. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    If it's hosted by Jerry Springer and ends with them throwing chairs at each other, I'm on board.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  24. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    I'm getting flashbacks to that time Denning fought Allston over the ending of LOTF...

(especially the last minute)

AusStig, JediAvatar and QuinlanSolo like this.
  25. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Pitty Alston didn't win the fight.

Tragedy as a final ending is over rated. And not something I enjoy honestly.

Bel505, jSarek and JediAvatar like this.