main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Zelda Fans Come Hither...

Discussion in 'Community' started by alpha_red, May 11, 2004.

1. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Fighting Ganon at the moment.
    Meh, it's pretty frustrating.
    I understand that it's intentional, but still... Making him immune to weapons in the second half seems a bit too much to me.

InterestingLurker and Jedi Ben like this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Well there's a technique and a particular item that helps, but I don't want to ruin your fun.

InterestingLurker and 3sm1r like this.
  3. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Thanks for not spoilering.
    I have noticed that Urbosa's fury still works. We'll see, sooner or later I will succeed.

InterestingLurker likes this.
  4. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Done. I'm looking at the end credits.
    It has been quite an adventure.
    Always impressive the number of people involved in these huge games.

5. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Congrats! Did you find all the memories?

6. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    Thanks!
    Well, I actually didn't, so I don't understand now what: I waited until the end of the end credits, expecting the gameplay to return, whereas you see the king and the other four gods disappear and then I find myself to the title page. I didn't even save after killing Calamity Ganon lol

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    There's no postgame. Once you beat Ganon it'll just return you to your last save point. But there's a ton of sidequests (you can buy and renovate your own house, help build a new town, teach a guy how to make the most delicious cake in the kingdom, etc), completing every shrine (which nets you a special outfit), and if you complete every main quest and defeat Ganon again you get an extra scene after the credits. And of course there's two DLCs, one of which unlocks a fifth "divine beast" (it's a friggen motorcycle).

8. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    How did people manage to use the bow of light outside the battle with the Ganon ultra beast ? Did they just left the fight while the beast was still alive ?

9. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    It's a glitch apparently. There's a lot of legit wacky **** you can get up to in this game, but there are a few glitches that can be exploited that were definitely not meant to be exploited.

10. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I don't know whether I'd buy the expansion pack, but there are few things I still need to do, such as
    1) kill a Lynel
    2) conquer all the towers
    3) get all the memories

Then I guess I could google the total number of shrines, to see how many I didn't find yet.
    In any case, the completion of the game already feels satisfactory enough.

11. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    Well that's good, having a fun experience is the most important thing to get out of it. That said it is extremely satisfying when you get to the point where you can kill lynels. Also did you get the Master Sword? I know it's not essential but it's one of the most iconic parts of the franchise, it feels wrong not to get it, plus it gives you a power boost against all guardians, the Blights, and Ganon.

12. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    There are 120 shrines total. If you do the math on your current heart containers and stamina bars, you should be able to figure out how many you have left. If you go shrine hunting, I definitely recommend using the Shrine Sensor.

13. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Also make sure to get all 900 korok seeds for the ultimate surprise.

Yes…..surprise…

14. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I'm at about 50 shrines and I don't have the power sword yet. There's no way I'll ever get even close to 900 seeds. In fact, I think I have less than 50

15. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Seriously, this is one you want to spoil yourself on. Just look it up, you'll understand why when you have.

16. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    My god, on YT you can really find a universe about this game. Insane stuff.

17. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Yeah, BotW is truly an amazing game and a little daunting so talking about it and watch YT videos probably helps. Personally, I feel like I missed a lot of stuff because when I would travel from A to B, I would travel in a straight line aka the shortest distance. That distance may have included climbing mountains or hills or crossing/swimming over water. It wasn't until much later on that I noticed that there's actually a "road" or path that you can follow between the mountains/hills where if you actually stay on that path you'll meet NPCs that provide information about said area or hints on where to get gear or how to make food to protect you from the elements of that area. What makes this game so unique is everyone's play experience will rarely be the same (unless you're a speedrunner and follow the same path each time).

BotW greatly encourages exploration and experimentation over its predecessors. It's definitely not your traditional Zelda of (a) explore and find dungeon (b) find item in dungeon (c) use item in dungeon to solve puzzles and defeat the boss (d) collect important artifact (e) use item to help progress to next area and repeat. This doesn't make BotW better than the others, just different. And if that isn't a person's cup of tea, then it's probably best to pass on this game or revisit another time. There are some people who disliked the game a lot on their first play through, but then decided to play it a year later and fell in love with it, so to each his/her own.

I really hope we are treated to a good look at BotW 2 on the 15th.

Nobody145, darthcaedus1138 and 3sm1r like this.
  18. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
  19. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Did you actually beat the game in the lead-up to the recent trailer for BOTW 2 being shown?

Because that's pretty cool.

:cool:

20. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    No, I was playing the game for the first time and the fact that 2 is coming out is a lucky coincidence.

Concerning the trailer... floating islands was kind of expected (putting myself in the creators' shoes it feels like the most natural element to add) but I'm super curious about the ability to move through solid objects. That can really lead to amazing stuff if they did it well, and I'm sure they did.

21. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    New trailer looks awesome. Although you could tell this is some early processed work. Digging the guardian-tech gauntlet.

Can't wait to not beat another Zelda game in favor of wandering and exploring lol. And I still hold out hope that you might be able to play as Zelda herself someday.

22. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    Am I the only one who was bummed out with BOTW being an old school Zelda fan?

Rew and TCF-1138 like this.
  23. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    No, I agree. BOTW is a good game on its own, but it's not a particularly good Zelda game IMO.

EDIT: To be fair, I think the series peaked with A Link to the Past.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    Rew likes this.
  24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    So did Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker & Twilight Princess. ;)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  25. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I wouldn’t mind a more dungeon-centered approach to the next Zelda game. I want to see full-length dungeons like the previous games had. The shrines were fine for what they were, but there were just too many of them. I say keep shrines in the next one, but drop the number to about 25% of what BOTW had. Even the Divine Beasts, while dungeon-like in their conception, were still too simplified for my taste.

Rew and DarkGingerJedi like this.