main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I also like the idea of OCs or even established characters in stories having their own "theme song" within a story to add to atmosphere--does not necessarily have to be SW either, just any song that fits them.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  2. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    Start with one and hope for the best. I can relate to laundry frustrations though. In my happy student days I lived in a room without access to any washer so I did most of it in a bucket of water. Jeans, towels and bedlinen were the exceptions. Had to travel across the town to get to a public laundry (one bus and one tram ride between me and the laundry).
    When I finally got myself a small appartment with common laundry out in the yard I was literally in heaven.

amidalachick likes this.
  3. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    I love character 'theme songs' and playlists for stories! 99% of the things I write are either directly inspired by music or I'll think of a Springsteen song song that fits with the characters/story that I end up associating with that particular story. [face_laugh]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    gizkaspice likes this.
  4. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    Kylo being chased by Hank Hill in his lawn mower yelling, "I'm gonna kick your ass, Kyle, I tell you hwhat!" definitely has the background music of "Monkeys Spinning Monkeys" by Kevin MacLeod.

Okay, can somebody please just write this. I'm too lazy. :p

Nehru_Amidala and amidalachick like this.
  5. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    I'm officially crazy. Today my SUP arrived. Is it normal that a middle aged woman in not overly good physical shape actually buy a SUP just because she wants to try it? For those who live by the sea, please stay away from shore (minimum 0,5 m above sea level...) when I try it. I do not guarantee the height of the tsunami if (or more likely when) I drop off.

6. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    I'm in the middle of a project at the moment where the sound track is actually Bill Engvall, or I would try it, despite not having watched any king of the hill... ;)

amidalachick and gizkaspice like this.
  7. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I've been curious about trying one myself. Let us know how it goes!

amidalachick likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I really need to get my hair cut

9. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    I WANT THIS, GIMME!! [face_laugh]

@CaraJinn that's so awesome, good for you! I'd like to try someday too, I tried surfing once and failed miserably but it was fun to attempt it at least. :p Enjoy, and can't wait to hear how it goes! :D

gizkaspice likes this.
  10. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    It's in the plot bunny donation thread now! :D *hint hint, nudge nudge*

amidalachick likes this.
  11. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Millicent's theme song is "The Last Stand Of Growltiger" from CATS.

gizkaspice and amidalachick like this.
  12. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh I wish I could! But this sums up the state of my creative abilities lately:

[​IMG]

[face_laugh]:p

I hope somebody picks it up because it needs to happen, I tell you what! :D

gizkaspice and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  13. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    All right, all right! I'll write something. A drabble, in fact. Where do you wanted it posted?

14. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    I think both I and @amidalachick and anyone else would find it AMAZING :D That's a good question....Maybe this is more of a question for the Scribble Pad forum but is non-SW combined with SW considered an overall Non-SW fanfic? Well, I guess it doesn't matter as long as it exists or something :p

amidalachick likes this.
  15. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    Let me finish the second chapter in my Narnia fanfiction and post that before I get started. It's going to be a short one, the KOTH one.

EDIT: It's up! Everyone pertinent has been tagged.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  16. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Do it! I found it to be weirdly fun.

amidalachick likes this.
  17. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    It would be.

amidalachick likes this.
  18. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    We used to have like a "Writer's Block Buster" thread. I don't have the brainpower to go searching for it right now but that would be a better spot for some of this sort of stuff.

@jcgoble3 I'm a bit late to the laundry discussion but that really sucks! My thoughts would just be to risk it at a laundromat, just to get caught up. Just watch it closely? I can see theft being a concern if you have to regularly use a laundromat, but what are the chances of it happening the one time you go?

But I'm the crazy person who bought a ton of shorts last week when the weather was super hot (I only had 3 pairs and was changing out of one pair and into another when I got home from work and I got tired of doing laundry so I ordered 5 more pair, plus some sleep shorts). The weather has thankfully cooled off but I now have so many shorts for this summer! I don't even like wearing shorts.

SUPs are super popular here and we actually have adapted ones at work with foam seats! I haven't been able to try one out yet but they look like so much fun!

I'm going on Friday AND I AM SO EXCITED! I love having a mohawk but the sides have gotten like "escaped from somewhere" long. I was getting my sister to buzz them but I figured I might as well hold off this time for my appointment. I made this appointment back in early may and I should have just gotten her to cut them then and then they would have been ready to trim again now anyways.

amidalachick likes this.
  19. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    ...okay, why did I have a saved draft of a post dedicated to not being behind on my laundry but still needing to do it? Hee.

jcgoble3 likes this.
  20. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Um, sorry? :p [face_laugh]

DaenaBenjen42 likes this.
  21. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Last night I finally put away my bucket of clean laundry that has been sitting in my bedroom for awhile. Pretty sure it had something to do with this discussion.

Bah, I'm just having one of those days at work where everyone is annoying me (and pissing me off, but I think I'm the problem) and I keep getting interrupted by phone calls (and I'm expecting one more) and I have zero motivation to work. To be fair, I'm working on a project that will probably take me several months, so no one is really going to know I've gotten very little accomplished today.

Which is a really bad attitude to have. I really need a vacation.

amidalachick and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  22. Nehru_Amidala

Oct 3, 2016
    I have loads I need to do on my bedroom floor. Am I slob? No, but I take it one day at a time.

amidalachick likes this.
  23. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I got a work email at 9:45pm last night asking if we could come in and support an OR with cases using our product (for those who might not know, I'm a clinical educator for a medical device company). I didn't see the email until 9am this morning because I refuse to check emails outside of work hours unless I'm already working (I sometimes I have very early appointments and will check then). So by the time I replied, I guess it was too late. But I was really ticked off the guy emails at almost 10 at night and apparently expected someone there at 7am the next day. Is it just me or is that really rude? It's not an emergency. They have the product and people there have been using it for years, maybe not those doctors, but there are others that have. I was furious.

I completely relate to this statement.

Nehru_Amidala likes this.
  24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Ummm, yeah, I'd be furious too. Thats completely unreasonable! I think it's maybe a negative side effect of this new normal "working from home" that we are expected to reply at any hour. I also refuse to check emails outside of work hours unless I am working anyways.

On a similar topic, my boss facebook messaged me at 5 pm last Sunday. I immediately archived the message without even reading it (it ended up being something stupid she wanted me to share on works' social media) because I was so pissed off and didnt want to be tempted to start cursing at her (I was in the middle of a very frustrating medical equipment repair and just in a mood not to be disturbed). But like seriously, unless I can LITERALLY SAVE A LIFE (which is highly unlikely for me and my job) don't contact me outside of business hours. She's done some other really infuriating things lately that have really ticked me off.

Like this long email about how the recent discovery of 215 childrens bodies at a former Residental School in this area was affecting her personally as a Catholic. She sent this to me and a few other people. but the kicker is, both my grandfather and uncle were Residential School survivors. I didn't reply but I very nearly quit that day (and I screamed so loud in my car).

Anyway. I got my hair cut and dyed today and I feel so much more like myself!

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
  25. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    I live near the Northsea and many of my friends are using SUP's. Some like the high waves but others only the baby-waves. Some are using it as a canoe. I like high waves using a bodyboard. (a little sufrboard where you can always lie down. My brother has a SUP and last trip we used it and a huge flamingo (6 meters across) to float on the Flevolake near Zeewolde.

amidalachick likes this.