main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. MajGeneralGezlin

MajGeneralGezlin Jedi Master

Jul 30, 2008
    Telos would be interesting, if there is still any artifacts left there after KotOR II (I could see it being used as a new academy/enclave by the Jedi, and maybe a way to visit the HK factory!). But, I also like the idea of returning to Dxun, since it's strong in the Dark Side, thanks to Freedon Nadd's tomb. And if they did it as a separate daily area, it's an way to continue the Hidden Chain arc, Since Dxun is a important planet in their history,
    and Dxun could be a way to bring back Khem Zash (If you sided with her in the class story, which I am going to keep asking for for as long as possible.).

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  2. Gerak

Gerak Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2019
    Telos or Dxun would be great to revisit. Dxun specifically would actually make a fun PvP/Battleground Arathi Basin style map, insofar as PvP matters to a story based MMO.

And if not Telos itself, imagine traveling to Citadel Station in the SWTOR era, could be cool.
    I do worry about Malgus. That stupid Ilum expansion villainbatted him once before and I'd rather he not receive the Garrosh treatment a second time around (being the arbitrary villain for both both Empire and Republic storylines).

Last edited: Apr 30, 2021
    Sinrebirth , kalzeth and AusStig like this.
  3. Hydrosphere13

Hydrosphere13 Jedi Padawan

Nov 9, 2020
    I would definitely love a Dxun pvp map or for it to get the Darvannis treatment.

Last edited: May 3, 2021
    AusStig, Sinrebirth and Gerak like this.
  4. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I've been collecting datacrons, and I'm stuck at one on Taris that requires two people to grab it. If anyone can help me out, send me a PM? I've been playing this game strictly solo so far so I don't really have a group.

AusStig likes this.
  5. Gerak

Gerak Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2019
    Replaying through the Zakuul saga on my agent and I just got to the companion recruits. For whatever reason on my first playthrough I didn't notice Rusk's dialogue.
    He mentions part of the "Makeb treaty" allowed the Republic to declare sovereign land on Nar Shaddaa. Thought that was a neat callback to the expac.
    There's also this:
    https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9852722#post9852711
    With Boyd clarifying that Onslaught's story taking place a whole 16 years after the beginning of the class storylines. And a whole 26 years after the treaty of Coruscant. That's insane, but I love his attention to detail. With MMO graphics, it's often difficult to capture the passage of time----which is why I think a meta reason for the Zakuul expac was to give the designers an excuse to age up/update some key characters. Still, I prefer an elongated timeline rather than a contracted one. It avoids WoW's current problem of having like 15 apocalyptic events, the near extinction of the human race, and multiple dramatic political realignments all happening within the span of 35-36 years. Overall neat little lore tidbits.

[​IMG]

Darn, I wish I saw this earlier. I would've helped out!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    kalzeth, AusStig and Sinrebirth like this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It’s been over fifty years since the Sith first invaded! It’s insane when you think the era is as detailed as the Old Sith Wars, or nearly as the main Skywalker Saga era (Clone Wars to FotJ).

7. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    WOW been a long time.

I wonder what comes next.

I also think the Hutts got out from the tight Republic control post-Zakuul due to just buying their way out. So they are likely happily neutral agin.

kalzeth and Sinrebirth like this.
  8. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I do wonder if the Republic's inability to bring the Rim under control and prosper in any era will play into TOR's decline of the Sith Empire in that it is not the Republic or Jedi but rather the Fringe and Hutts cutting them to pieces out there with Jedi only picking off the remainders.

kalzeth likes this.
  9. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    A lot of the Rim seems to be under Sith control. So could be a lot of left over arms and history of not liking the republic.

10. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Indeed, less the Republic and more uprisings within Sith society paired with Hutt and Fringe interests or fueled by them could kickstart this rebellion kinda and subsequently splinter enough to not have a strong unified Rim faction, neither under Hutt or anybody's control.
    Like the Paecian Empire, a maybe enlarged Tiion influence sphere, a Huttese sphere, Bothan sphere, etc. all capitalizing on carving up the Sith. And with the Rim showing that much independence and power, the Core might fear them for that very reason, Sith or no Sith there, and either withhold help in the future or easily cut them off holonet and BoSS services like in the NSW when the Republic once more let the Rim handle itself which it did.

11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    There seems to be a Republic salient running through Generis to Dubrillion and Dantooine, and also in the Anoat Sector. I’m not sure about the Tion to this day.

So a lot of the Outer Rim is Sith but enough isn’t.

12. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Didn't Dubrillion get razed by Zakuul?

Also Dantooine is under light Republic control with limited ability to deploy forces, at least they couldn't when the pirates attacked.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Dantooine was described as near the frontline so it’s a bit vague. I’d say the Republic is making inroads in the north at very least.

Dubrillion was sacked by Vaylin, yup. Risha spend some time hiding there, but it’s not Imperial seemingly.

kalzeth and AusStig like this.
  14. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I recall it being described as a 'staging ground' but since both the Sith and Republic could deploy a large force on short notice (depending on your class) suggests it might be 'in flux' shall we say.

Her reign ended before it began.

Though not Republic either, at least not any more.

But more generally it seems like the Sith have more support in the outer rim than the Republic, at least compared to say the core.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I don’t think the Sith have any territory left in the Core if the Bormea Sector falls, which seems to have been ceded to them during the Treaty more than anything (ditto Kiffu).

16. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    They were fighting on Balmorra before the treaty.

I mean I think the in-game map still as the Sith holding some of the core and the Republic still holding parts of the heart of the Empire, so I think the map is out dated.

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    We have the battles of Loronar and Alderaan in the Core pre-treaty, and Balmorra in the Colonies, yup.

I would argue there is a salient snaking around the Core through Bormea to Balmorra, but it’s not clear as they don’t have a lot of Inner Rim presence.

18. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I do wonder... after the TOR MMO era, where Sith and Jedi ventured into the Unknown Regions, unlocked hidden worlds, ancient species and their superweapons and technology and ancient horrors... how will all that be forgotten and locked away aside the coming Dark Age of the NSW? I could see the Republic rounding up technology or threats and lock them away Belsavis style including to get rid of any prison keys or wards so the place will be forgotten to time again, likewise mine and destroy any access routes into the Unknown Regions dangers.

That might also help with the Chiss widespread in the Sith Empire returning to their space and being kinda cut off from the Republic since they mined and destroyed routes behind them. Could such a purge happen? WIth merely Hutts and few others hiding some tech and knowledge from these times in their private stashes and safehouses?

MercenaryAce and kalzeth like this.
  19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean with how little resources there are to spare, there’s no guarantees that there won’t be a mild Dark Age after the Galactic Wars are done.

kalzeth, Golbolco and AusStig like this.
  20. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Maybe we can get into that after the current arc. Since we seem to be into jedi stuff now.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    Golbolco and Sinrebirth like this.
  21. Gerak

Gerak Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2019
    All good questions. I could also see the Sith under Acina doing the same ---- her very first quest was about trying to contain the legitimate threats posed by the Seeds of Rage. If the Empire does win the war, priorities should shift from war-machines and weaponry to governance and ruling. It might not happen overnight, but in that potential future all of those Sith weaponry/tech would probably be phased out and eventually locked away in the Arcanum(or some similar facility).

On a similar topic, I'm also curious about the Meridian Complex. I'm assuming it was reverse engineered from, or at least inspired by, Iokath right? Maybe something about those technologies was inherently unsustainable, or worked for a few centuries before collapsing Infinite Empire style (or just due to the lack of resources needed to update/maintain the fleet).
    It was never outright confirmed as far as I know, but I think Iokath was implied to be a project the Infinite Empire. Or maybe a relic of it that outlasted the Rakatans' collapse
    Honestly no matter who ends up winning, I suspect that either the Empire or Republic will be so weak that the Outer Rim would become relatively anarchic. Both factions still rely on the Alliance to make any headway in the war after all.

Also, the Paecian Empire! I completely forgot that was a thing. Maybe it ends up forming in the aftermath of SWTOR's conflict.

22. JediAvatar

JediAvatar Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 11, 2020
    I mean considering SWTOR takes place between 3700 BBY - 3600 BBY and the NSW doesn’t start until 2000 BBY, I don’t think they need to make any connections. Unless they do something where the the Republic are going to beat the Sith Empire and the last Sith makes a holocron to preserve his teachings and philosophy, and this holocron is then found by Phanius, which leads to him becoming Darth Ruin or something like that.

kalzeth, AusStig and Sinrebirth like this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Holocron that Phanius uses is undefined, after all.

kalzeth likes this.
  24. JediAvatar

JediAvatar Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 11, 2020
    Wait he actually uses a holocron? I had no idea lol.

25. Hydrosphere13

Hydrosphere13 Jedi Padawan

Nov 9, 2020

Expansion time!