main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    I'm definitely on team baby waves - or rather team flat sea. [face_tee_hee] With the wonderful coastline we have I'd really like to have a sit-on-top kayak but I don't have space for storing one so I have to stick with inflatable water "toys".

amidalachick likes this.
  2. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Now I had to google. Didn't find the lake but I found Zeewolde. That's a part which has "popped up" from IJsselmeer, right? Fascinating place. I still remember a trip to Holland many years ago when we drove the road over a huge dam "over" IJsselmeer. Half way over we could only see see on both sides of the road. It was magical. (From the looks of it on the map I guess it must have been Breezandijk. )

3. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I'm guessing these are somewhere in Holland?

4. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    My dog and I were on a walk in the park near my apartment this morning and we saw a guy walking his cat. Which is fine, just not something you really see every day. My dog was so confused. He didn't bark or growl or anything, I think he was just really curious and wanted to say hi. I had a hard time convincing him the cat probably didn't want to say hi to him. LOL.

Yeah, I don't blame you. People can think something is horrific and not make it about them when it's not. It's really not that hard. It really sucks when it's your boss doing something like that because you feel like you can't say anything.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes, that's where I am living. I am Dutch

6. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    @mavjade I recently got a kitten and decided to purchase a cat harness especially for a kitten. It was advertised as "Unescapable". I got it on and that cat was out of the harness in less than a second...literally! I started laughing hysterically at the ease that my little Houdini got out of that harness. It was ridiculously easy. He was the runt of the litter and is tiny, so maybe when he gets bigger the harness will hold my little escape artist. I haven't came up with a name yet. Any good Star Wars names for a black kitten?

7. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    Vader?

amidalachick, CaraJinn and Gamiel like this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Kyloren, Kylo, Ren, Blackhole, Inquisitor, Darkside, Sheev, Palpatine, Darth, Sidious?

9. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    How about Millicent?

10. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    I do that sometimes. And if I'm on the balcony, he's always on the harness! Because one time a bird flew past the window, and he was so sure he could get it...

You might have to adjust it so it's more snug. And of course, he'll grow. He'll get used to it, though. Make sure to give him cuddles & treats so he associates it with good things.

I saw a black kitten up for adoption at the pet store (local rescue groups will put cats in the display cages for a week so people can see them and contact them about adoption, they're not sold), and his name was Luke. I also think Solo :han: or Lando :lando: would be good cat names. Name him Vader or something Sith-ly and you are just asking for misbehaviour. I'm superstitious like that. :D:D:D

Last edited: Jun 13, 2021
  11. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    My husband was calling him Dart Vader for a while because he would chase shot Nerf darts and then carry them back. I considered Kylo because the kitten is hyper and reminds me of Kylo stalking about in his little black outfit. Unfortunately, I am not a fan of the character. He killed Han!!! :( I would rather call the kitten Matt the Radar Technician. :p

12. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I feel bad for any kitty named "Kylo" because that guy is a weenie IMHO. If you want some non-Star Wars names, here's a list I found:

[​IMG]

Oh, look. Blackie. Where have I seen that before...:p

13. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Turtle!!!! (Don't mind me, I've been watching Lilsimsie's Nightmare Legacy LP...)

14. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    Nowhere on that list do I see the name of my dad's late black cat: Ebony.

Or as my dad sometimes called him, Ebenezer Scrooge McDuck McGoble. :p

15. Jedi_Lover

Nov 1, 2004
    I like Loki, Shadow, Spooky, Lux, Odin, Dante, and Diablo. Originally I was going to name him Stormy, but then one of my friends said, "Like Stormy Daniels?" I said, "No, not like Stormy Daniels! Now I can't use that name." I then thought I would name him Strum after Karrde's Vornskr, but my kid said, "You are going to name him after the sound a guitar makes?" I am fairly sure it is not pronounced that way anyway.

My two boys got into a long discussion about naming the cat after a great military leader. One is adamant I name the cat Alexander, but his cousin is named Alex, so that is just weird. The other son said Alexander the Great is overrated and we should name him after Hannibal or Sun Tzu. My younger son shot back that Sun Tzu is only famous because he wrote a book. They went back and forth for a long time listing battles and details of conflicts like two historians. I was actually impressed that they knew their history. I stopped their argument by saying, "I'm going to name him General Cuddle Buddy."

They just shook their head. Now whenever I send them cute photos of the cat I say, "Here is General Cuddle Buddy." My husband wanted to call the cat Gilligan...which I vetoed because I am positive if I was trapped on a island with Gilligan I would have murdered him and tossed his body into that cave with the giant spider (Google that if you want to see the amazing special effects of the 1960's). He said he wanted to call him Gilligan because he is his 'little buddy'. I told him we should then just call him Buddy. We already had a cat named buddy and I was hoping for a unique name, but it will probably end up Buddy since we were using that name as a placeholder until we came up with a good name.

I will run by the name Sparta to my husband. This way we can point to the kitten and say, "This is SPARTA!"

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    While I do like Pluto do it feel like you are asking for a drinking problem if you name you black cat that.

As a horse name maybe? It was Black Beauty's original name if remember right and what Alec Ramsay, in Black Stallion, call the Black Stallion, when not calling him The Black.

And since we have stopped with SW based names, what about Shetan/Shêtân, the real name of the Black Stallion.

amidalachick likes this.
  17. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I love black cats! I think Sparta is a really great name too. Lucifer is also fun, or Luna (from Sailor Moon). I name my cats after famous authors, so my all-black cat is Agatha Christie. I was supposed to adopt an all-black male cat and his name was going to be Sir Arther Conan Doyle... but I ended up falling in love with a tuxie and naming her Lucy Maud Montgomery.

Ugh, so another complaint about my work. I'm only part-time, so I normally don't work Mondays (with my disability and not having any support, I just need my 3 day weekends). I'm fairly flexible with my hours so I don't mind working some Mondays (and sometimes I will choose to work a Monday so I can take a Friday off). But I really would like the decency of being asked to alter my schedule instead of just assuming I will. I get a text at 9:30 this morning from my boss "are you logging into zoom?" I HAD NO IDEA I WAS WORKING. So I crankily got out of bed and logged on. I'm so mad because she sent the meeting invite Friday afternoon after I had already run out of hours for the week.

Anyways, so now I'm trying to decide if I should just finish the work day crabby and take Friday off, or go back to bed. Think I'm going to finish the work day (after eating lunch which will really be breakfast). But I'm not going to feel guilty about not being productive.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
    amidalachick and Nehru_Amidala like this.
  18. CaraJinn

Jan 8, 2018
    Luna actually has a SW reference too. (Captain Andor - aka Diego Luna). After reading "Lucifer" I almost began to giggle. In Norwegian "pus" is nickname for a cat or kitten (something like the John Doe among cats) so with a small adaption of pronounciation and spelling the poor little guy might have ended up as "Pusifer" in my home. [face_tee_hee]

amidalachick and mavjade like this.
  19. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    We called our dog Buddy so much, the people in our building thought that was his name, so we had to stop calling him that. His nicknames keep evolving, right now I call him Bub most of the time when I'm not purposely using his name (like to call him, or get his attention). We talk to him constantly, so if we kept saying his name he'd be so confused.

Ugh, that's so annoying, and the kind of thing that eventually makes people quit. (Like that old saying, people don't quit jobs, they quit bosses. Which I don't think is entirely true, but certainly has merit.) But yeah, I think you should take Friday off since you ended up having to work today, even if it wasn't very productive. I always find I'm not very productive when I'm caught by surprise.

20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Oh my goodness. I have never heard that expression but that will likely be the case for me with this job.

My day kinda just went down hill (kinda literally) - technically I do work Monday since I have a cycle with clients. Anyways normally I am the "safety bike" (making sure everyone is seen and safe) on a handcycle, but today we were short a volunteer so I was on a tandem recumbent trike with a small kid (oh my god she talks so much, but fairly light to cycle with) and the chain like snaps (this bike has had chain issues for a while). The lead volunteer and I tried to fix it but we couldnt. So the lead volunteer had to push us back while I steered. Thankfully it was mostly downhill so I was pretty much just coasting. BUT THEN it started to rain and it was an absolute downpour. So, yeah, broken bike, crying kid, and soaking wet. Not fun.

And then, when I got home, turns out I didn't have as much leftovers as I thought (I still ate what I had). Tried to boil some frozen dumplings and failed miserably. So I am now drinking a rum and coke while I wait for a veggie burger to be delivered. Because I have given up.

But yeah, I am totally taking Friday off and I might even turn my phone off and be completely unreachable.

amidalachick and Mistress_Renata like this.
  21. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Lilsimsie? I've been watching her 100 Baby Challenge. :D

22. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I've managed to learn how to negotiate with a cat and will now be sharing with you all this secret.

Me: *sees cat sitting on bed lying on item of need* I need that back
    Cat: No.
    Me: Okay. *puts random piece of hard plastic/another book/a piece of clothing/something extremely uncomfortable*
    Cat: Oh, that looks interesting *moves fat butt to sit on that thing instead*
    Me: *successfully takes back item without upsetting cat*

Mileage may vary depending on cat.
    :p

23. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Old BlueTooth keyboard. Works every time.:p

Mistress_Renata and jcgoble3 like this.
  24. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    On Monday, I spent four hours barefoot in the waterpark at my nearby amusement park.

Yesterday, I wondered why my heels hurt when I walked for the past 24 hours. I looked closer and discovered I had a huge blister, almost an inch in diameter, on the bottom of each foot on the heels.

Now I'm stuck in the hell of trying to make bandages stay in place on my heels. Nothing wants to stay for more than an hour or two, regardless of whether I wear shoes.

25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Ouch! Get a huge roll of moleskin and stick a huge patch of that over the bandaids.

I woke up with a headache (I think I need a new pillow), so I took the morning off work. It's not bad enough to completely drug myself and give up for the day... but I am being fairly useless. Trying to decide if I just call it a day early and work for a half day Friday, or just battle through.