main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Need some opinions:

Nephew broke my Logitech headset a while back( the arctic white Best buy one :( )and i want to get a new one. I’d rather stick to logitech but for some insane reason they don't work wireless on Xbox’s despite being wireless on pc.

So I'm doing my research on wireless headsets and I need one that works wireless with PC/XboxSX/PS4-5/ Switch/Phone. I literally game on everything and when I play loud shooting type games at night my wife gets nightmares sometimes.

So far the only ones I’ve been able to find that work on all of the above wirelessly are Steelseries Arctis 1 or 7X ( would prefer the PS version as its blue white but doesn’t work on xbox, so green/black it is)

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding headsets that meet the above purposes from any other brands i can compare? Biggest complaints i can find about the SS Arctis’ are some time after first few months they lose wireless signal easy which sort of defeats the purpose.

Edit: If they say works Bluetooth it’ll work with iphone i presume?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
  2. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I just finished the Gearbox Showcase.

And...

I feel like I didn't get anything, but I certainly miss my time...

Ramza likes this.
  3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Embracer Group has been putting on some almost transcendently bad shows this E3. It's honestly a little impressive.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    The2ndQuest likes this.
  4. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    So, I'm going to delve into trying to record my gameplay on my phone for when I do PUBG Mobile. This is just a highlight of today including the Godzilla intro on Erangel when they had the event a few weeks back. I'm not sure I'll talk a lot in these but it I'm giving it a shot.

Speaking of games -- I've found out how to record on my laptop for such a purpose. On one hand if I make an escape room here I'm trying to experiment on how to record it. But I'm also learning how to do this so maybe I can do reaction videos or something. Unsure how to use it yet, but I'm learning technical stuff as I go.

But big thing is games. I don't really have games on my laptop, I use it for writing which I will mostly still do. But here and there something to play would be fine. And I'm going to experiment with it for the first time this week in playing Doki Doki Literature Club. Why? Because a "plus" version was just announced so I want to get prepared for that. Multiple reasons why. 1. Again, the effect it had on me with its story on what I was dealing with at the time. 2. I've written, rewritten, and probably rewrite my script based on it again. If I could make it and helps one person turn away from suicidal thoughts or anything then its worth it. And now that I'm in a play on trying to prevent suicide among soldiers it only makes sense.

So not sure what I'll all do in the future, but here's to it.

5. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    What the hell is wrong with Trails of Cold Steel II? It keeps doing these wildly unbalanced missions where you'll go through an area, use the enemies to assess how your party is doing, see what tricks they use, to work out equip set-ups, get a sense of if you're ready for the boss. The problem is you cannot accurately assess how you are doing because the area boss will be utterly different to the previous enemies you've faced, thus you have no way to prepare - and even if you did? It wouldn't make much difference because in the boss fight I had, much like the one with two super hounds, the single enemy spawns loads of others - if you kill them? It creates more. Those in turn give entire enemy party massive boosts and after that? You're screwed because the enemies are so spaced out you can't kill them fast enough, they of course will hit you hard - oh and the boss has OHKO attack too.

It feels lazy, crude, unimaginative and utter, utter rubbish that is getting to the point of discouraging me from playing the game. I'm starting to wonder if I wouldn't be better off watching a collection of cut-scenes on YouTube. The solution here? The crudest one possible - have character use S-Break, have next character use S-Break, switch out for new characters, use their S-Breaks, then finish with the heaviest spells possible. Did it work? Even with a party wipe previously, because I decided I did not care anymore, which allows you to weaken the enemies, it was still incredibly goddamn close.

And after this? There was a Divine Knight battle where I hooked Reyn up with Sara, used her debuff attack and beat the crap out of the boss at ease! It shouldn't be possible to have two polar opposite experiences sequentially. The difficulty in this game is all over the place and I don't recall the first game being like this. It's as if they got too many tweets and emails from the "this is too easy" crowd, all of whom deserve numerous horrors inflicted upon them. Even a guide summary gave very little save for "equip confuse resist accessories", which you're given no indicator of ahead of the fight. The boss fights are doing this game a lot of damage by being either long, drawn out but survivable, but end with the boss declaring they're done playing, so why waste my time with that bullcrap? - stupidly hard without warning, even on Easy; with nothing inbetween the two extremes, except Divine Knight fights that tend to go towards being too easy, if you use Sara. Except, too often now has one of those followed a goddamn terrible boss fight and I just want to get through the Knight fight so I can save and not have to play any of that rubbish ever again.

6. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Managed to destroy the Rubicator star dragon in Stellaris by parking a 91K fleet and building a 40K space station in orbit before excavating.

Titans are awesome.

7. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I exploited the fact that Laura is bonkers overpowered. Loaded up on strength on both her and Rean (I’m serious here, like neither of them had any arts equipped.) made sure I had overdrive available and just went to town with spirt unification, armor breaker and S-Crafts. Alisa helps too because she can give cp with her crafts.

8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I use wired Razer Manowars, for 7.1 surround. They have a wireless version of this too, and for games like PUBG, the directional hearing has been a massive asset for me and @Point Given.

ZanderSolo likes this.
  9. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  10. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    So I've made my first let's play... of Doki Doki Literature Club. First vid is about 30 minutes which im.notvsure I'll do that again as it took literally all night to upload. All. Night. [face_plain]

So I'll break future videos into parts and make them shorter.

Also does anyone know if Fall Guys works on a MacBook pro? I'd like to get it if so

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021
  11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I also highly recommend the Arctis 7 series. I have the 7P for PlayStation. But they have other editions that work with other consoles and PC.

They're fantastic, and the mic sounds great too.

ZanderSolo likes this.
  12. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm enjoying Mad Max's parry system - on par with Sleeping Dogs.

13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Oh, man, Sleeping Dogs. One of the most underappreciated games, IMO. I love it so much.

14. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    “You’re a habitual flirt...hm hm hm hm hmm hmm...”

15. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    It still alludes me how Sleeping Dogs never expanded to a franchise, yet there's room for two outright bombs from the Mass Effect franchise.

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Gang, I scored big today.

Was able to get another PS5 (my fourth, this one for my brother), as well as a series X for me. My first Xbox!

I got Gamepass already. Let me know what classic Xbox games I should play that I've missed out on the last 20 years.

darthcaedus1138 and Jedi Ben like this.
  17. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    As a Giant Bomb fan I am legally obligated to say Crimson Skies.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  18. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Eludes?

It was technically a True Crime game, so there's that...

19. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Erm first off Andromeda is decent. Secondly Three is great. The ending is mediocre but that doesn't destroy the entire good game. And people whined way too much about the ending.

Jedi Ben and Adam of Nuchtern like this.
  20. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I mean, it wasn't, really.
    It was an independent game that for a hot second was rebranded in a failed attempt to revive the True Crime franchise.

21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I considered that there is a possible effect of every game feeling a bit crap after Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart, but on examination, these games are still rubbish, with one perhaps working better for others....

Your Games Suck: Fight'N Rage, Dangerous Driving, Danger Zone, Danger Zone 2, Rime

So, the first of these is a beat 'em up that has been much praised but what isn't said about it in all the reviews I saw is:

1. You have to complete it in one sitting.
    2. It's hard.

1 + 2 = Dead game. Even something as smart as Nex Machina died due to the requirement of completing it all in one go. No, you stupid bastards I'm not able to do that.

It's kind of a shame because there is a half decent fighting game here when it isn't obscuring your view of the action with lots of graphical clutter, or by opting for a black background for the arenas wrecking your sense of horizontal alignment to your enemies and the sense of their movements.

A defence offered is that, save for the music, this was all done by one guy, to which my view he should have gotten some help. The biggest sin is this replicates all the bullcrap of the 90s beat 'em ups, all enemies have longer reach than you, all of them like to hide off the screen, all outpace you when you move towards them, all have invincibility aftger you batter them done - it's all crap that should have stayed in the 90s. That a load of people seem to love that kind of crap tells me a lot of gamers are just far too forgiving. I paid just under £9 and, if there was a refund mechanism worth a damn in PSN, I'd be using it. Instead, many other games will be paying for the sins of this one.

Dangerous Driving - and the next two games - are "from the makers of Burnout". What it doesn't say is the lot who made Burnout then aren't the lot who made this. Play either Burnout Paradise or Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit Remastered and there's speed sure, but there's also heft, weight - you can't just tap a car to transform it into a misile as you can here. The graphics are OK, but the handling doesn't feel right, the sense of speed is off, the AI rubberbands blatantly and the ide of having previously wrecked vehicles staying on the track works better in theory than in practice as they are too indistinct to easily avoid.

The next two mimic the much loved crash mode from the early Burnout games. There's one problem - it's 20 years later and games have moved way, way on from that. Still, by taking off the restraints, embracing the full insanity potential, these games could have worked. The first doesn't because you can see it restraining itself at every second, as soon as you crash you lose all aceleration and control, but often there just won't be enough traffic present to really tap into the potential. You don't have enough vision to really plan and the load times for these crash environments are terrible. The second at least has the sense to move you from an AI simulation to the real world but it then hamstrings itself in multiple ways from setting objectives that appear optional but are mandatory and often hard to do in the time and space you have, to inconsistent physics - that crash barrier is papier mache but the steel pole next to it is indestructible, to a danger zone requirement that gives you no time to work what to do and you have to repeat the boring process again. There is so much video game bullcrap in these games for its own sake that it is stunning. Lesson of the trio? "from the makers of" means sweet feck all.

Onto the one substantive, major disappointment of this lot - Rime. I should love this, it has a great art style, looks neat, but it just doesn't play neat. What I can do varies from place to place with little consistently. The actions available are very, very limited; the signposting vague and opaque. But it was when it combined hazy throw mechanics with timed puzzles requiring more precise coordination than I have with an unhelpful camera that I concluded I did not want to spend any more time playing this game. Also, games like this, but games generally, need a sound indicator on screen. I know there is a more forgiving audience that will be willing to overlook all of its flaws, all of its vagueness and opaque idea of clues, but I can't be among it.

22. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Ratchet and Clank is true next gen and it shows. Can't wait for more games like it.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  23. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Well, almost manage to beat Stellaris. Managed to defeat the big endgame menace... and then got trounced by the "War in Heavens" event where two of the Fallen Empires decide to Awaken and go to war with each other, mangling all the little people (like me) in between. :oops:
    Still, it was a good run and managed to do a bunch of things I had never done before, and played on the huge galaxy for the first time.

Probably going back to finish Assassin's Creed: Unity and do some Fallout 76.

24. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    The best bit of War in Heaven is if you don't side with either it goes full Babylon 5 and you can lead the rest of the galaxy in an alliance against both. Hard, but very satisfying.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Point Given likes this.
  25. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    That's the path I took. :cool:
    .... but I blew it when I sent my major fleet against of theirs without waiting for my backup fleet, and got completely destroyed. Since I'm playing Ironman, I'm giving up the ghost. It's going to take too long to pull out of this hole, considering he aced my two Titans. Also, I didn't take the perk that gives you +33% against Awakened Empires because I thought that once you have a particular endgame crisis, you can't have another one. Boy, was I wrong! Live and learn...