main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Destiny & Destiny 2

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    The corrupted Expunge mission is a bit of a treat. Speedrunning them is not as easy since there are a few more taken hazards to consider (exploding blights, bumpers, and the more than usually annoying Taken ads).

All signs so far (including leaked content that pretty much gave away the conclusion of the current season) lead to a conclusion of the Dreaming City story...and possibly the Dreaming city itself. @Jedi Ben you might want to try to get all Forsaken content over and done with as soon as you can, since I strongly suspect all that content will be vaulted come Witch Queen to make room for new areas.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, I offed the Rider. It sounds like Forsaken worked better when there wasn't a set order to the missions.

Still, Witch Queen is 2022, yes?

3. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    Early 2022. Jan or Feb, give or take.

solojones likes this.
  4. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    My money would be on late January or February. Season 15 looks like it'll be long regardless, maybe even longer than Season of Arrivals. At least this time it's not because of a late unexpected delay to the subsequent expansion. Hopefully they've got some late season content drops to help pace out the story somewhat. Cross play can only go so far.

Darth_Invidious likes this.
  5. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    How much you wanna bet that the seasonal activity will be a revamped but still mostly the same Blind Well? [face_laugh]

6. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I actually wouldn't mind if they did something with the Blind Well. It was quite fun at first and the escalating difficulty levels were a nice throwback to the Court of Oryx. It just needed more variety, better loot and/or the ability to matchmake. I really enjoy Override this season, but if it didn't have good loot and I was relying on people in the world to join it it'd be awful.

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I like Blind Well and I would love to go to Dreaming City more!

But Ben yeah the Expunge mission took about 20 mins my first try and trust me I'm not great at platforming at all. So now with the glove upgrades I'm down to sub ten.

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yay! Sword trick worked!

Darth_Invidious and ZanderSolo like this.
  9. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    See? It's not so bad. After awhile you 'll find yourself switching to first person if only because equipping a more suitable heavy weapon is usually the best play.

The Quria taunts you get on your feed as you begin to run the corrupted mission make the experience so awesomely spookier.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm often fine with using the heavy weapons, either sword or rocket launcher. I think there was a jumping bit in an early campaign on Nessus, I probably used the third person view but it had been ages so forgotten about it.

Swords are frequently damn cool to go nuts with.

What also happened last night was the sort of thing that only tends to happen in D2, in no other FPS do I pull off, somehow, four headshots in succession!

11. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    You get plenty of good swords in the world loot pool now. Fallen Guillotine is one of the best as far as dps burst damage is concerned. But if you're looking for a monster of a sword, get the Lament as soon as you dip your toe in Beyond Light content. It's a pretty soloable quest and provides one of the most unique swords so far. If old school shooting is your thing, try to get a couple of mates together so you can run the Presage quest. Besides a pinnacle world drop you get a random rolled Dead Man's Tale scout rifle, possibly the best kinetic scout in the game at the moment (before it's nerfed because, yeah, it's pretty broken in pvp).

12. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    If you like swords and are a Titan then try and get a Crown Splitter with Vorpal Weapon. Chuck on the Energy Accelerant from the seasonal artifact and you can one-shot champions with the heavy attack. It's replaced my Fallen Guillotine and Lament.

13. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    The reveal for The Witch Queen and season 15 is tomorrow. A huge number of leaks are out there, some seem highly accurate, others more dubious. Not gonna lie, I've got no willpower whatsoever and read them all. I actually quite like where they're going if true.

I'm very ready for a new season. I've loved Season of the Splicer, but I've taken the last month off of Destiny apart from checking in at reset. Looking forward to having some new content to sink my teeth into.

14. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    I have avoided all the spoilers I think...

15. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005

Well, I'm gonna be poor both in terms of money and time going forward...

16. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Yep. Gotta get that deluxe edition. Gjallahoooorn

17. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    Yep i knew it.

Gonna buy it all and barely play, but damn it always looks enticing.

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Is anything getting vaulted?

19. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Good question. Doesn't look like it, but if Nessus and/or the EDZ went I wouldn't complain.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  20. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    No I don't think so. Just adding the new throne world, dungeons, guns... And most excitingly perhaps is fragments and aspects for light subclasses so you can actually just customize your build. And gun crafting! RPG stuff!

I already preordered the deluxe edition + 30th anniversary bundle

Jedi Ben likes this.
  21. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I’d hate to think how much memory this game would take if I loaded now. I’m glad I’m free of it! I looked at this Witch thing and I was so lost after being almost 2 yrs out of the game. Nothing I saw is any kind of temptation to get me back.

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Destiny 2 PS5 is a pretty compact 60-70GB. Not small but nowhere near a monster.

solojones likes this.
  23. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    With all the current dlc?

I was thinking it be a few hundred.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
  24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Nope. The pre-vault PS4 file was nearing 100GB but the current version isn't as heavy.

solojones likes this.
  25. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Well they removed The Red War, Curse of Osiris and Warmind, as well as a few planets (Mars, Io and Titan). That shaved a few dozen GB off the file size.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

solojones likes this.