main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Animated Shorts Star Wars: Visions - General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Cyber Spark

Cyber Spark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 27, 2020
    Guys, what would you think if Studio TRIGGER did an episode?

2. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Just watched Promare, which I found to be excellent (though I am admittedly not very well versed in anime, having only seen a few various films – I know I need to start remedying that), so I would absolutely be down to see Trigger take on one of these.

Cyber Spark likes this.
  3. Cyber Spark

Dec 27, 2020
    TRIGGER's style is admittedly over-the-top, but then again, so is SW. TRIGGER has a penchant for aliens and outer space(case in point, Space Patrol Luluco) so TRIGGER would go well with SW.

Also, what would you think of Production IG working on one? They made the Ghost in the Shell anime adaptations as well as the anime Psycho-Pass, both of them very fundamentally Cyberpunk.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  4. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    Durge is one of those characters I thought was really cool when I was 10, because I was 10.

5. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I was so engrossed in that show. I would have taken a bullet in defense of its awesomeness. And then they went and created Durge.

6. Cyber Spark

Dec 27, 2020
    So, back on topic. What Japanese anime studios would you like to see work on this?

Seerow and clone commander bossk like this.
  7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Gainax and/or Production IG. Bring Anno into Star Wars.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    Seerow and Cyber Spark like this.
  8. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Trigger

9. Cyber Spark

Dec 27, 2020
    Yes...YES!
    YESSSSS!

10. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    Mappa would also be great but there becoming the Overworked go to studio having to balance attack on titan , Jujutsu Kaisen and the upcoming CHAINSAW MAN

11. Cyber Spark

Dec 27, 2020
    Cannot wait for the upcoming CSM adaptation.

Darth Corydon likes this.
  12. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  13. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    More details:

Low key jazzed for this. Really hoping for some original stories and characters here, and not just retellings of existing narratives.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  14. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I'm hoping we get some brand new protagonists for at least one of these shorts.

Although I'm sure there'll be the inevitable Ahsoka/ Samurai adventure in there too.

15. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Nice, this is really exciting. Can't wait to find out more about this.

16. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Excited for this!

Just hope the shorts are not too short. Hope the whole thing is at least hour long.

Also nice to have some new SW in the second half of the year before Boba Fett in December.

juanw and clone commander bossk like this.
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Hopefully not only will we get new characters but a wide range of different eras too. Very excited for this!

juanw and clone commander bossk like this.
  18. Cyber Spark

Dec 27, 2020
    [Nope]

Language /TCF

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2021
  19. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I would probably find Visions more exciting if there turns out to be an actual Anime studio animating this instead of Disney Animation or Lucasfilm Animation or whatever. Disney outsourced work to Japan in the 90s for many of the Disney Afternoon cartoons. An Anime composer would be cool too. It would be really cool if different episodes were animated by different studios almost like a showcase. It already sounds like each episode will be through the lens of a different Re:Creator. Hah, Troyca get on this.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Well, the original announcement of the show specified that some of the best Japanese anime creators would be making it, so it sounds like it's going to be pretty much what you're hoping for.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I took creators to mean directors, writers, producers working on an episode. Like Shinichiro Watanabi for example. Rather than the studios like Geno, Studio Bones, Sunrise, Madhouse all of which Watanabi has worked on series for.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  22. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    Ah, got it. Yeah, that could be it of course.

23. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It's fine if this is a beginning. I think what would really be fire is a manga version of this getting different mangaka to draw and write for parts of a story. Imagine Star Wars story and art by Gosho Aoyama, Boichi, Hiromu Arakawa, Tite Kibo, Yusuke Murata, Kohei Horikoshi. Yeah I know this list is overwhelmingly Shonen. Sue me.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
  24. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    The beauty of SW is that it has drawn from the many different cultures of this planet and subtly weaves aspects into the Saga. I have a feeling that this project might not take that into consideration.

25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    TBH, I was kind of hoping it would be like Netflix's Love, Death + Robots, and feature many different animation styles. It appears its only anime based, which I think is quite limiting. Can't wait for the new look at the series, though.