main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming The Last of Us

Discussion in 'Community' started by ManaByte, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Aren’t they filming it at the moment? I’m pretty sure I’ve seen pics of Tom Holland as Drake.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  3. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Its... the guy who isn't Joel! He gets a bit more development in the sequel though. At the least he's a solid exposition buddy.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2021
  4. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    As a younger brother for a character being played by Pedro Pascal it's a great bit of casting. Really liked him in Agents of SHIELD.

5. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    So there's a fancy performance patch for anyone who has this on a PS5

which I don't but still looks great on PS4Pro

Anyway, me el finito Last of Us 2

I should have seen coming based upon the bookened scenes that the final section of the game would be a lot longer than after you finish the Abby section but yah the ending is a wee bit longer than expected but still powerful. (I've stumbled across spoilers for the game unintentionally, this was a pretty spoilered game)

As for the Abby stuff, it is a way to get you to root for her after she straight up murders Joel at the start. I'm still not sure I like her however it's hard to say by the end you really like Ellie either. It's a whole revenge is hollow theme that runs through the game which is a bit different message than the first game. Also the Abby stuff is way more difficult which makes you root for her. Funny thing was I was super conservative with my ammo supplies with her last section and then you lose your ammo pack! I could have flamethrowered all those jerks but no I was still sniping them with my crossbow to get out.

I still think you can beat the 1st game without killing any of the doctors (I definitely popped the 1st one who pulls a scalpel on you I believe which retroactively turns out to be Abby father). I saw a funny reddit post that you can shoot the first doctor on the foot which would make Abby's whole mission of revenge really silly, "You blew off my father's toes, I'll kill you!"

I did do something I never do which was look at a walkthrough before one section. It's that freakin' Ground Zero level and the Rat King. Holy goddamn cats!

Like it was so tense I figured, okay, I'll have some gamer shame about spoilering it than having an Actual Goddamn Heart Attack. Damn thing still ripped my head off anyway. Like 10 times. Played on normal so it took like a whole flamethrower to take it down and then still more. Hellova boss fight of basically Patient Zero infected. Well it's a mash up of original infected that have been sitting in a room for 2 decades. Although I like to think the dang thing that broke off and ran away and you kill separately is actually Patient Zero. Abby yelling "%@%^ YOU! $T%$ BOTH OF YOU!" while shotgunning is kind of hilarious cathartic action moment.

Honestly the Rat King is more traumatizing than Joel be Negan-homage'd to death. Actually I'd say Last of Us II owes a lot to Resident Evil 2, inasmuch that you play two different characters over the same section of game again (basically) in parallel narratives. We need more games to do that, why only LoUII and RE2? It's a cool idea!

Anyway, great video about the evolution of the infected

The final Ellie section I had some interesting moments, like the house with the two bloaters and two stalkers. I tried running out which I did but they killed the hell outta me in the backyard. So I manged to fight them off. Whole lot of explosions and traps, somehow did it. And then clean up and upgrade my gun. Back into the backyard and I could have crawled out and escaped easily. Dammit.

then the resort finale I basically managed to funnel the humans into a choke point and pick them off all at once, you have enough ammo supplies to make it through. But in the end I actually had some guy backtrack me into the resort so it was a stealth kill that was my final in-game kill, not a big kablewey. Interesting notion!

Great game too. Revenge is bad, don't do it. You'll just end up like Ellie, alone and unable to play your guitar cuz you got your dang fingers chopped off on a pointless revenge quest. Big idea for Ellie to let Abby go but I can dig it. Finally learns something. Was Joel an irredeemable jerk for saving Ellie? Not really but murdering him wasn't a thing that was good anyway and all the crap that happened afterwards wasn't a good thing.

Dunno if the show will ever get to Last of Us II if it makes it that far but it would be an interesting thing to attempt. (which is why I'm glad I finished LoUII before the show came out) But let's just see if they make it out of S1 first. I mean the first game has SUCH A good ending, I don't know if they'll stretch it out to be the S1 ending or S2 ending.

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    TX-20 likes this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Marlene cast in Last of Us TV show! Played by the same actress from the game!

Ok now that they opened that can of worms gotta get Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson in there somewhere. And they straight up already had Jeffrey Wright in Last of Us 2 anyway. (I know he wouldn't show up in the first game timeline but c'mon)

Last edited: May 27, 2021
    solojones likes this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Happy 1 year anniversary to The Last of Us Part II! Definitely gonna need to replay both games before the series comes out.

TX-20, BigAl6ft6, solojones and 3 others like this.
  8. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    Have they released a PS5 version yet? I'll certainly return to it once that happens.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yes, it came out in May and it's free if you own the PS4 version. 4k 60.

10. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    hell to the yes, thanks sj!

Jedi Knight Fett and solojones like this.
  11. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    Of course! Enjoy.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah, I downloaded that already to my PS5. I’ll probably start my TLOU replay next weekend. If that remake of the first game ever materializes I’ll probably play it again.

13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm interested in how much they'll stretch out the adaptation. Like the ending of the game is fantastic, will it be S1 ending too or S2? It's such a good ending why would they say "Maybe we'll get to it in S2 finale" And if they adapt the game across two seasons, where would they split it? Random guess

when Joel in injured and Ellie takes over could be a S1 ending

You'll know they're playing long game if they announce casting for Abby

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Filming has begun! the little Girl has a bright future ahead of her, cant wait!

chrcharcor2 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  18. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I hope they don’t try to stretch the first game out to cover more than one season. It’d be great if we could just have two solid seasons based on the two games. That said I’m sure they’re going to stretch it out so I wonder where in the story the first season will end. Maybe…

…after Joel gets shot.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  20. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Love that image, looks like something out of the game. hell I thought it was a screenshot of the game

If S1 is just half of the game that's a solid place to end it, on the flipside the end of the game is so good would they want to keep that for a Just in Case Season 2?

However, I would wager this will probably be pretty popular and they will get a S2 so yah they can have an amazing S2 ending.

Also read that Neil Druckmann is going to be directing an episode so that could be neat.

Semi-related this Ellie cover of "Take on Me" has entered my regular youtube playlist rotation, even taking over the acoustic version from Deadpool 2 as my favourite

Kind of why I love Last of Us, you get these tender emotional moments and then lots of mass carnage and super gross zombie monster stuff.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
    TX-20 and darthcaedus1138 like this.
  21. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Recently came back to this game to do a new playthrough, saw they added a bunch of new gameplay modifiers, infinite ammo/resources, one hit kills, bullet time, a la Uncharted, so that's a lot of fun. Today I powered through Seattle Day 1 and into Day 2. Gotta say, that whole Hillcrest chapter is one of the most intense in any videogame. The sheer wave of relief when it ended is unlike anything else I've experienced. Loving the replay so far.

darthcaedus1138, TX-20 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  22. darthcaedus1138

Oct 13, 2007
    Certain games get my adrenaline up and I feel like I've been transported into the environment with the character. The inherent danger that right around the corner could be 3 or 4 people who could seriously do damage to Ellie and how I might get out of that situation had my entire body in the fight. Such an incredible moment, and the ensuing car section is one of the best action setpieces in video games period.

darkspine10 likes this.
  23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Just got done filming.

25. solojones

Sep 27, 2000

I think that just means they finished filming the episode he directed. But I'd wager they might be close to series wrap.