main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Shado Varmiri: Fan Club of the various Force Sects in the Galaxy

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth_Elu, Feb 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I was wondering if its possible to join Shado Varmiri as an Altisian Jedi? Since they are not recognized by the Jedi.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  2. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    *tilts head with a smile* In my little fan creation, In World (RPing), as it were...yes, I would think so. Though it would definitely cause a stir. The backstory had for the Varmiri has many of them distrust any with titles of Sith or Jedi. But their differences would nevertheless be welcome and allowed to integrate. :)

As for the Fan Club itself? I certainly don't mind you joining the Varmiri with your persona being that of an Altisian Jedi who has come to join the larger group. ;) Though, you'd still have to state the phrase in the opening post if you wish to join the group formally. :) Not sure if this is what you meant however?

Been so long since anyone had any potential interest in the Fan Group itself that I hesitate to think it. [face_laugh]

greyjedi125 and Kato Sai like this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    But they themself say that they are jedi, so I would say no.

Darth_Elu likes this.
  4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I Seek the Truth and embody the Justice of The Force. I am One from many.

The Altisian are rejected by the Jedi Order as a Splinter Faction [a number of members of an organization, political party, etc., who split from the main body and form an independent association, usually as the result of dissension] because they allow non-Force sensitives to join, families, and more than one apprentice per Master.

Above all I love Djinn Altis’ simple advice, “I teach being good, doing good, and asking good questions. That's about it, really.”

Djinn Altis’ teachings were considered heretical, “Altis gathered a following of pupils who came to be known collectively as the Altisian Jedi by the Coruscant-trained members of the Order. There, he educated his students in not only the techniques taught to mainstream Jedi, but also powers thought of as arcane or heretical; such as the ability to preserve one's consciousness after death by transferring it to an inanimate object.” (Djinn Altis, Wookieepedia)

:)

Last edited: Jun 26, 2021
    Darth_Elu likes this.
  5. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Welcome to the Shado Varmiri officially, @Kato Sai. ;) It is nice to see one join the ranks again after all these years! :D Please tell me, by what name shall we know of you here, in these Halls?

Reveal your Persona amongst the Shado Varmiri! *torches light up amidst the circle they find themselves in ceremoniously*

I shall have to think of your first task soon outside of this, I daresay. ;)

As for the current discourse between you and @Gamiel. It is a good debate, you could go with either. Strongly identifying themselves as Jedi would lean them that way, but with the main branch as it were disassociating them as well, you could argue the other way. I would think it almost comes to personal opinion at that point. The Altisian were definitely a source of inspiration when I came up with the idea of the SV, but I ultimately decided against adding them into my personal lore...for reasons. ;)

6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Thank you Potentate,
    *Bows with respect*

I have decided to abandon the Altisian Jedi idea in favor of a Force Tradition known as The Blackguard.

The Blackguard Philosophy is what compelled me to adopt their mantel, and beliefs. They believe that to understand the Force, one must explore the various traditions and groups, which I feel is the Spirit of Shado Varimir!

In addition the Blackguard do not believe there is a light side or dark side of the Force, There is the Force, and the light and darkness is in us, and we must temper it, balance it within ourselves. Of all the Force philosophies and traditions, this makes the most sense to me. So in truth we then must own our actions, we cannot blame The Force; claiming the dark side made me do thus.

Another reason I was drawn to the Blackguard is they are one of the few Non-Jedi and Non-Sith organizations to use lightsabers. I am duelist, and so being able to wield a lightsaber is important to my Force rites and rituals.

The name I adopt is in the Sith tongue: Kinta Zirgas, which means in Galatic Basic: Black Knight. :kylo::kylosaber:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2021
  7. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Indeed, and the Blackguard methodology works well with the Shado Varmiri who also take, as a whole, a more...practical and pragmatic view of things. Focusing greatly on the physical plane of the universe more than anything and then reflecting upon how one feels afterward, while keeping certain core precepts in mind. Of course, not all SV are the same in my mind, some can be far more 'spiritually' attuned, shall we say? And there is room for individual interpretations of The Force as a whole, with the Varmiri encouraging debate and discussion amongst their ranks rather than strict uniformity and adhering to any 'side'.

That being said....Welcome Kinta Zirgas! Your presence enriches these Halls without question and I am honored to accept you formally. :) *bows low*

While I still deliberate upon your first task, tell me some more of yourself. What is your favorite Non-Jedi or Sith Force Sect, whether Legends or Canon? Is it the Blackguard or another? I am quite curious. :D

8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Indeed, what I respect about the Blackguard is they do not genocide other points of view like the Jedi and Sith are prone to do in their pogroms of each other. There is room for all perspectives, not just one dogma to dominate all others. Again I believe this echoes Shado Varimir. :)

My favorite non-Jedi and Non-Sith sect was initially the Disciples of the Whills, who adopt a holistic view of the Force, embracing both light and dark side. The Disciples are considered Canon, they are seen in red robes with masks that are cube shaped, and holding a religious staff on Jedha in Rogue One. Unlike their contemporaries The Guardians of the Whills who seek to feel the presence of the Force, The Disciples were more contemplative, seeking to listen and understand the Will of the Force.

i recently became acquainted with the Guardians of Breath. I admire they're devotion to Oral Tradition and passing on teachings from one mentor to a disciple.

Ultimately, The Blackguard are my definite favorite. I am thrilled I can wield a red lightsaber without being a Sith! I also admire their devotion to relics and protecting them; especially holocrons. I am glad The Blackguard have a hierarchy that mirrors the Jedi and Sith, as well as the three classes of Marauder, Trinity Assassin, and Ravager.
    TAG: @Darth_Elu

Bernael Edit: Thread locked by moderator due to inactivity. Should you desire the thread reactivated please contact Sinrebirth, darthbernael, or Bardan_Jusik.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2022
    greyjedi125 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.