main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Final Fantasy Saga (FF7 Rebirth Spoilers TAGGED)

Discussion in 'Community' started by jedi_john_33, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    By most accounts, it's not 15 you should look to for confidence on 16 but 14, as that's what 16's creative team is known for.

2. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    So it’s going to be terrible for 100 hours but after that it’s the best Final Fantasy ever?

I kid, I kid. I hope.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
    mnjedi and Sinrebirth like this.
  3. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Haven't ever looked at it so.... FF16 can't be more impenetrable than Warframe. Maybe.

4. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Basically the consistent narrative on FFXIV is that once you get past a ****ton of mediocre-to-bad content it gets better (admittedly, that hurdle is from the old devs, not the XVI devs). Reviewers I like split on how much better; all I know is that set up is not for me.

5. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I tend to stay far away from MMO’s

Have passed on both FF’s so far as well as Elder Scrolls. Are they that good? Must play?

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    If you want a freebie try out, Warframe is a MMO. Like Destiny 2 there's a definite gameplay loop, but it's nowhere near as user friendly as D2. An optional MMO in a way is Monster Hunter World but you can the bulk of that solo and offline.

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  7. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    It’s free so yeah I will probably go ahead and download it at some point soon. Won’t get to it for months still most likely till I finish up Cold Steel series.

I imagine there is probably hundreds upon hundreds of hours of stuff in store for players but I burn out on MMOs fairly quickly if history if any guide.

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You can generally identify the gameplay loop quite quickly on MMOs, the bigger Q is does it appeal enough to keep you playing?

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    TiniTinyTony , FatBurt and Jedi Ben like this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    SquareEnix are being crapbags on the free PS5 FF7R upgrade.

Unlike others, FF7R will not show a 'free upgrade' in the box on the right, instead displaying the full £69.99 game to buy!

Instead, boot up PSN, click on the FF7R game, it'll bring up four options, the last is the free upgrade.

Oh, and the Yuffie DLC is £15.99

11. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Yeah, it took.me a while to.find it this.morning.

Its all downloading now though

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, stuck the PS5 in rest mode a while back for its 90GB banquet.

13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    90gb is the full game right, not just the DLC?

14. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Playing Final Fantasy vii remake and this is exactly what I thought when Mako Reactor number 5

Was kinda hoping there was a full parody song of it ahaha

15. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    A question on FFXIV. I'm playing the trial version on PS5 and I'm wondering when the game opens up. I seem to be doing a lot of fetch quests, which I know is fairly standard for MMO's, but how long does it take to get to the great story I've heard so much about? Should I just focus on the main quests for now?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Now admittedly I'm saying this squarely as someone who doesn't play FFXIV but I've literally heard numbers like "100 hours."

Sinrebirth likes this.
  17. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    [​IMG]

Ramza and Sinrebirth like this.
  18. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003

Yeah I read similar after I'd put in about 5 hours.

I then deleted it

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Apparently despite the powers-what-is at SE deciding to not show off anything about these upcoming FF1-6 sprite remasters, they’re putting in some serious work:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2021
  20. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Who else had no idea you were meant to be looking over a village in that bit?

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Lot of screens are starting to come out now that preorders have gone up. These remasters look great.

... Other than that ****ing font holy God.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2021
  22. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    I was expecting these to be priced annoyingly high, but I'm still shocked. Curious to see what the "improved gameplay" consists of since it's rather heavily implied that I and II are not remasters of the Dawn of Souls edition.

Amazing.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I still own FF Origins for the original PS and have yet to play it. I and II are among my list of backlogged games; going back at least 20 years or so.

24. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Mostly sounds like they added some fast-forward and autobattle options to help with grind, and if I had to guess the switch to an MP based magic system probably stuck around.

FFI is a pretty solid game if you’re willing to make allowances for age (somewhat mitigated in some ports). II is… … well, they had some ideas.

25. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016
    These new versions seem to be pulling a Disney Lucasfilm and declaring the 'expanded universe' additions to the old releases non-canon.

Rearranged soundtracks could be good, bad, or a mixed bag. More often than not it falls under good/mixed bag.

I can take or leave the redrawn sprites in comparison to the 2D GBA and PSP releases. It's not necessarily better or worse...just different and more true to the original platform releases. Overall an improvement over the existing mobile/PC versions and the plastic playdoh sprites.

I can't abide by that font. It's terrible. This is nothing like the fonts of the original games. These are also supposed to be 'pixel remasters', yet they use a small, narrow, hi-resolution, HD typeface which is hard to read and ruins the aesthetic. It's even worse if you've seen the screenshots where the text is red on that blue background like in Final Fantasy II for keywords, just awful.

GameSpot - Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Series Teaser Images Are Out, And The Font Is Ugly
    At least it's not comic sans?

People are really ****** at Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster's ugly fonts | PC Gamer
    The curse of the Final Fantasy remakes lives on.

IGN - The Questionable Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster Font is Today’s Twitter Discourse
    They were so close.