main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - PT Then the dreadful night shall break [Fallen Obi-Wan - Post Zygerria arc]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Blue_Daddys_Girl, May 8, 2021.

1. Blue_Daddys_Girl

Blue_Daddys_Girl Jedi Youngling

May 8, 2021
    I was definitely making stuff up... I'm sure the order doesn't require that much perfection, but it's the way Obi-Wan lives it and suffers it. A dysfunctional order asking a lot of its dysfunctional members, what could possibly go wrong!?
    Thanks a lot for tagging along all the way, reading your reactions was a joy! :-3

Kit' likes this.
  2. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    I'm still trying to formulate a response from my current space of "I love how you've written this" and "grumpy that you didn't show my Obi-wan ripping Palpatine's head off".

I might be a while...

3. Blue_Daddys_Girl

May 8, 2021
    It's alright, I'm just happy you read along and enjoyed most of it one way or another :-D
    No one seems to appreciate me ending this before the confrontation! Maybe one day... But I didn't want to... Originally this fic was only about the first chapter. I was badgered into continuing it, but TBH it only became about the consequences of his fall. I didn't feel like I had to continue past the point where he recovers some hope.

Kit' likes this.
  4. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Excellent story! I love the ending. I'm sure it doesn't go the way Obi-Wan thinks, or hopes it will, but in the end he made his decision.

5. Blue_Daddys_Girl

May 8, 2021
    Ooooh, that is amazing to hear! I think you might well be the very first one to ever explicitly like the open ending, so I'm very happy to hear you say that!
    ( ꈍᴗꈍ)
    The benefit of such ending is that you're right, it goes as you say. And it can go as anyone else prefers... He definitely made his choice, and personally I feel like it's proof that he never *truly* fell. He brushed the dark side, sure, broke his code, sure... but he's still a self sacrificing good guy, who was ready to run at the big bad Sith alone and weaponless, like he had no other choice. Because Obi-Wan can't really do anything else...

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  6. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I don't always have to have everything tied up with a shiny bow. :D I think you did a great job leaving it where the reader's own imagination has so many places to go. For me, that is also a prefect ending. So, congrats on that. Looking forward to what you publish next. :)