main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Identity

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by RX_Sith, Jul 3, 2021.

1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    [Star Trek] Identity
    Author: RX_Sith
    Fandom: Star Trek
    Characters: All of the crew of the Enterprise and more
    Genre: Action, humor, and bromance
    Summary: The Enterprise crew continues its voyages of discovering strange new worlds and boldly going where no one has gone before.
    Disclaimer: Nothing belongs to me, but I can still at least kick the doors.
    A/N: This is for the 2021 Fanfiction Olympics found in this thread: https://boards.theforce.net/threads/2021-fanfiction-summer-olympics.50056228/

I will be doing the 400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character, couple, family, or friendship with any theme.

110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, couple, family or friendship aren’t mentioned.

And last will be the 1500 Word Dash: A 1500 word story about your character, family, friendship or couple with any theme.

This first part will be the 110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, couple, family or friendship aren’t mentioned.

Identity

I saw a glistening yellow flower after the morning rain. It's petals were fully open to the world that it was greeting. I plucked one of the precious flowers from the flower bed and brought it close to smell it. It had such a sweet and beautiful smell to it.

I affixed it to my lapel and strode merrily along the way skipping and hopping almost with a very peculiar bounce to my steps. This morning I was once again on my way towards Starfleet Academy for more courses that I would have to take to eventually become a member of Starfleet. This had been my life's asperation for a long time.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  2. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    What a happy, hopeful beginning! I love the image of the flower and this character's enthusiasm. Great start!

JediMaster_Jen and RX_Sith like this.
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful. I can vividly picture this serene exuberant moment =D=

JediMaster_Jen and RX_Sith like this.
  4. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    What I love best about this is that this beautifully captured moment could have belonged to so many characters, eager to embark on that first step of their journey. It was a stroke of brilliance to leave the event not only nameless, but open to interpretation so that we could fill in the rest ourselves. [face_love]

Well done! I look forward to reading more. :D =D=

5. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Part two will be the 400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character, couple, family, or friendship with any theme. I am still going to keep the Identity of this character ambiguous until the final part which will be the 1500 Word Dash.

Identity: Part Two

I remember back in my childhood always looking at the stars saying to myself that one day, one day; I would be journeying from star to star. When I started doing short little excursions as part of my Starfleet training, the giddiness and happiness of being able to travel from planet to planet never faded with each small adventure that I was able to be a part of.

It was upon one of those adventures that I knew that I was falling in love with the one that I was meant to be with. I could tell because I was sneaking in quick glances at them and then pretending not to notice when they reciprocated with quick glances at me. Ah, the fallacy of falling in love.

Pretending to not be in love, when actually you can't stop thinking about them. What are they doing? Wouldn't it be nice to be doing something with them? When are you going to summon up the courage to talk to them? These questions and more proved beyond a doubt that yes, I had fallen in love, and sooner or later I was going to have to do something about it.

When it came time to pick three ships which I wanted to go to once my Starfleet training had concluded, I merely listed the Enterprise three times. There was no other ship that I wanted to go to besides the Enterprise. Besides, you can't settle for second best, so I knew just like I knew that I was in love that the Enterprise was the only ship for me.

As the day drew closer and closer, I was anxious more and more to get the assignment that I wanted plus start the relationship that I wanted. Doing both at the same time was merely practical due to the fact that I knew that my soon to be significant other was already assigned to the Enterprise. So, no matter what, we were going to get together and start a relationship.

The day before graduation, I went up to them and asked if they would mind meeting for dinner to celebrate getting through Starfleet Academy training. I told them that others from the class would be there even though really it was only going to be me. I told them to meet me there two hours after the last class had ended.

I made sure that I was there first and that I could see them coming in so that I would be more than ready for our first dinner together. It might have been rather deceiving doing it this way, but I was determined to make a lasting impression upon them that they would never forget.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SQUEE! out loud at the character signing up for the Enterprise three times. Talk about knowing what you want... And whom apparently as well.
    Pretending to not be in love, when actually you can't stop thinking about them. OTP pairing(s) in one sentence defined. [face_laugh] [face_love]

RX_Sith likes this.
  7. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Loving this so far.:D The excitement, wonderment and enthusiasm of the character is infectious. Well done!=D=

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love this and eager to see who the character is.

9. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] !!!!

This was just absolutely GORGEOUS! Again you've really captured that spirit that surrounds the Enterprise, and how she seems to call her own crew to her time and again. I loved reading this update, and can't wait for more. =D=

10. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Dipping my toes into Star Trek fanfic for the first time in a looooong time and this was lovely. I love how you entwined your character-narrator's life with Starfleet and the Enterprise, and I find that keeping their identity ambiguous is a very nice idea. This could fit so many ST characters! I have a guess about who it could be, but I'll sit over there waiting for the grand reveal in the final entry!

11. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Posting 700 words to complete the story.

Identity: Part Three

Well, now that I am officially a member of the Enterprise, I am growing accustomed to the various duties and stations that I now have to learn. Being an officer on the ship, I of course got my own quarters, but I actually spend more time in my fiance's quarters than my own.

We get to see each other often and since I actually work in the same general area as they do, I of course sneak in little sprinkles of affection their way any time that I can do so. I have been on numerous planetary surveys and other special tasks sometimes with them and sometimes not.

Each time that we get to have some special time included with regular duties only helps to bring us closer together. We have gotten pretty used to almost always being around each other and it definitely helps since we are sharing common experiences and doing similar duties.

Each day that gets closer to our wedding date, I often wonder what exciting excursions that we can partake in that entails us being together as much as possible. These little extras as I call them, only help to make me love them more and more.

Well, tomorrow is the big day that I finally get married. It is going to be super hard to try to get some sleep tonight as we are officially off duty for the next couple of days. Even though we cannot go anywhere on our honeymoon due to the mission that we are currently on, we have scheduled a special honeymoon later this year once we are in Spacedock for normal repairs and upgrades.

Everyone who is not on duty has gathered in the common rec-rooom area for our wedding. The Captain introduces both of us and we meet together in front of the Captain as he gets ready to marry us. He starts the ceremony and then suddenly, without warning, the Red Alert klaxon starts blaring.

My wedding to Robert Tomlinson has been interrupted. I, Angelia Martine, run to my quarters, switch quickly into my uniform and man the forward phaser control room. Robert, mans the aft phaser control room as we enter the Romulan Neutral Zone. We have now officially declared war on the Romulan Empire. We are going to be engaging the Romulans in battle any time now.

As the battle commences, everyone performs their duties greatly and we take some damage from one of the Romulan's plasma weapon. Apparently, a phaser coolant leak started in the aft phaser control room and now the man that I was supposed to marry, Robert Tomlinson, has died.

I am bereft with so many emotions now as I cry into the Captain's arms that life is not fair. He counsels me and then I am taken to sickbay to get proper counseling due to the loss of his life. It is a very weird feeling going to his quarters and him not being there as I gather my belongings from it.

We were so, so close to being married and now I feel an emptiness as vast as the space that we are traveling through because of his death. It will take some time for me to gather my thoughts and rejoin my duties, but for now, all I can think of is the what might-have-beens. It is a rather dreadful experience to recollect now as the days and months go by without him with me.

Many years later, I still have never met anyone like Robert. He is still in my thoughts as I get ready to retire from Starfleet. I have advanced as far as Commander, but because I primarily have taken land based assignments and duties rather than ship ones, I knew a long time ago that I would never be a Captain of my own vessel. The memory of losing him still haunts me to my final days, but I know that eventually, I will meet him again in the afterlife.

Until that time, I will continue to always remember him and the times that we had. It is all that I have left of him, but surprisingly, it is all that I need.

The End

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Superb and incredibly intriguing revelation of who the narrator was. =D= Very poignant conclusion.

Kahara and RX_Sith like this.
  13. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    It sure brings depth to that episode, revealing the thoughts of the main character.