main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - Legends "Strong black vine" (SW Summer Olympics Decathlon stories)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by AzureAngel2, Jun 14, 2021.

1. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    This thread contains the following contributions to the Star Wars Decathlon of the Summer Olympics:

= “Beautiful madness” (1500 Word Dash, Star Wars Decathlon)
    = “Girl” (Single Sentence Shot Put)
    = “Cover me in sunshine” (110 Word Hurdle)
    = “I, too can command the wind, sir!” (400 Word Cross Country)
    = “(I just) Died in your arms tonight” (4x100 Relay)
    = “Pali sikkhāpada” (100 Word Sprint)
    = "Moon hunt" (Fantastical Fencing, at least 100 words)
    = “Lost place” (200 Freestyle)
    = “Blackbird” (Prime Time Coverage)
    = “Good-bye, cousin” (Water Polo)
    = “Once upon a time...” (AU Archery)

All those fanfics evolve around my OC Cassandra, a clone and the adopted daughter of Director Orson Krennic. And due to her Palpatine DNA also a cousin of Lord Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith.

Enjoy reading!

Title:Beautiful madness” (1500 Word Dash, Star Wars Decathlon)

Author: AzureAngel2

Co-editor and muse: @DarthUncle

Main beta editor: @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Length: 1.500 Word Dash

Summary: To say good-bye is never easy. It does not matter whether you bid farewell to a person, an idea, your life style or a place.

For the SW Decathlon 2021 I will write about my OC Cassandra Morrígain Krennic and Darth Vader, Dark Lord of the Sith. Both are linked by a strange twist of fate plus Palpatine DNA.

Time frame: 4 ABY

Places of choice: The Executor, the Second Death Star, Endor and Jakku

Reader warning: Please excuse my weird English! I am German. English is only my Second language!

Disclaimer:
    SW is owned by George Lucas, Lucas Ltd. and now The Walt Disney Company

Every inch of me is trembling
    But not from the cold
    Something is familiar
    Like a dream I can reach but not quite hold
    I can sense you there
    Like a friend I've always known
    I'm arriving
    And it feels like I am home

I have always been a fortress
    Cold secrets deep inside
    You have secrets, too
    But you don't have to hide

Show yourself
    I'm dying to meet you
    Show yourself
    It's your turn
    Are you the one I've been looking for
    All of my life?
    Show yourself
    I'm ready to learn
    Ah ah ah ah
    Ah ah ah ah ah

(Here my 1.500 word count starts!!!)

The Executor, Imperial Star Destroyer, hyperspace:

The dreamer stirred uneasily but did not wake up. Not even when a lone figure, clad all in black, approached her and looked down at her.

The unlike pair stood side by side in the desert. An arrogant youth with clear dress issues and a walking mummy, leaning on a stick. With a sepulchral voice the latter said, “If an Empire cannot protect its Emperor then that Empire must be deemed a failure. It collapses not only because its central figure is gone, but because it must not be allowed to remain!”

In the real world the dreamer's name was spoken. That pulled her away from the World between Worlds.

Cassandra sat up straight in bed, licking her dry lips. Strangely, there were grains of sand on them.

“A nightmare?” a measured baritone inquired. “Tell me.”

Not long ago, the two cousins had reached the point where lying to one another proved impossible. And so she answered the Dark Lord straight away, “Your master has a contingency plan in case he dies.”

“Why am I not aware of such a plan?” he barked, deadpan.

“Jolly good question, Darth. Add it to the already existing, growing list.”

The Second Death Star in the orbit above the forest moon Endor:

They stood in a dark corner of the main hangar bay like a pair of lovers, meeting in secret. Hopefully, Moff Jerjerrod would not spot them or even worse, overhear their intense conversation to tell the Emperor about it. But they were both too exhausted with one another to use telepathy.

“If I don’t make it back, you’re the only hope for our Empire.” His gloved hands clenched and unclenched, making the leather squeak. “The Force is strong in my family.”

Cassandra was done listening to her stupid cousin. Being much older than her did not make him any wiser. “Family means no one gets left behind or forgotten.”

“And you have a child to think about.” He took another step into her personal space. “Bay needs you.”

She stared at him incredulous. “It’s not fair to play that sabbac card now, Darth. You never had the chance to be a parent.”

“I was not always a Sith lord.” He placed a hand on her shoulder. “Once I was a jedi knight by the name of Anakin Skywalker.”

She fought the instinct to kick into his cyborg shin. “This is so rich. So frecking rich, Darth.”

Imperial Outpost, Endor:

By now, the base resembled nothing more than a startled anthill. Military discipline had collapsed together with the structure of the battle station above them.

Apart from gazing up to the sky, Cassandra was not sure else to what to do. She felt numb. A piece of her had died together with her cousin.

“The Sith of Old might have been a deviously creative bunch,” she muttered to herself, “But it would have been wiser not to turn kyber crystals into super laser canons. That was asking for trouble.”

And it was a mistake that the Emperor, her biological uncle, had not committed once, but twice, underestimating the rebels each time.

Suddenly, the young woman noticed a person squeezing past her. Simply for a better view of the disaster above.

Sinjir Rath Velus, of all people!

Luckily, the loyalty officer was too occupied with his pals to notice her.

Her self-preservative drive kicked in.

This was neither the time nor the place to moan the dead.

Cassandra gathered the Force around her like a cloak. On detours, she sneaked to an unattended 74-Y speeder bike.

With the rebels she would be much safer than with the remnants of the Empire. For now anyway.

Bright Tree Village, also Endor:

The infamous Ghost crew was there, but the very crew member that Cassandra had hoped for with all her heart, was missing from the celebrations. No Sabine Wren.

“This is impossible!” she cursed.

After all the ISB reports that she had read on them, she had hoped they would stay together as a family unit. Even with Kanaan Jarus dead and Ezra Bridger missing.

Exhausted and barely able to contain her disappointment, Cassandra leaned against the wooden balustrade behind her. Her flight ticket off-world was no more available. Now she would be forced to play a charade to escape. Darth would hate her feeble plan straight away.

“Hello – what have we here?”

Half startled and half annoyed Cassandra stared at the speaker. It was no other than Lando Calrissian. Luckily, he did not seem to remember her from Cloud City. She leaped from instinct to improvisation and back. “Margo, just Margo,” she heard herself say in a perky way.

Interest piqued, the rebel general took her hand and kissed it like a Coruscant dandy. “A true forest nymph.”

She blinked. “What?”

The dark-skinned man fished a leaf out of her hair, that she must have caught during the speeder ride. “As long as it’s not debris raining down on me,” Cassandra chuckled.

He smiled at her. “I suspect that most of the station came down on Kef Bir or one of the other seven moons.” For a brief moment he paused. “The only thing you should fear are the Emperor’s robes.”

“His robes?”

He winked at her. “I once happened to steal his private yacht. Therefore I can tell you that his sense of fashion was none-existent. All those dark robes. Dreadful!”

At least, Lando Calrissian was not an empty air-head, but seemed to have a jocular and witty personality. Therefore she took his offered arm.

Soon, the young woman got introduced to a lot of people, who had no clue that she was the enemy in their midst. She even met Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa and Han Solo. To talk to those three drew a lot of energy from her. She felt guilty for the bad times that had befallen them, including the destruction of Alderaan.

But then Cassandra had to shake a hand, she could not touch lightly. All her childhood memories came back to her at once, overwhelming her. There were unwanted tears in her eyes.

“Alexsandr Kallus,” her godfather said casual, his own face giving nothing away. As a former ISB agent he knew too well what a blown cover meant. Especially for somebody on the run.

The holy village of Tuanul, Jakku:

While they walked towards the little settlement, the boy complained non-stop about the sand. At least, he did not let go of her hand and acted otherwise well-behaved. As if he could feel her distress through the Force. Which would be no real surprise given his genetic pool. He was a Palpatine after all.

A tall man came to greet them, when they entered the village campus. Even without his homespun fantabu-wool coat and his necklace she would have recognized Lor San Tekka by his blue eyes.

Namaste!” she beamed, really glad to see him again after so many decades. “I have come home!”

“Do we know each other?” the seasoned historian asked her carefully, scanning her features.

“We once met on Chandrila. At the Hanna Institute of Antiquities.” She could not help grinning like an idiot. “There was this particular exhibit piece from the Tion Hegemony.”

He nodded to that. “You are the young lady that was interested in the pirate Xer and his booty. I remember now.”

“And then Uncle Alex interrupted us rudely,” Cassandra added.

“How is your uncle?” he asked immediately, old sorrow in his gaze.

“He was never my uncle, but, but... my godfather.” Her well-structured introduction plan collapsed, just like that. “Daddy, well Orson, I mean… anyway he thought… that it would be better, if… you know.”

Now Cassandra really had to cry.

For Nagina, the woman she had been in another life.

For Zevulon Veers who had followed his own ideals all too easy.

For her cousin, Anakin Skywalker, even though he was one with the Force and she should be happy about that.

For Uncle Alex who had forgiven her.

Blinded by her own tears, Cassandra managed to fumble out the message that her godfather had written for her. Just in case. It was the most dangerous document in the entire galaxy and would need to be destroyed.

She felt how Lor San Tekka took the flimsi role from her.

After a long time, he spoke, his voice a soft whisper in the desert wind. “Nagina?”

“No,” she felt a pang of regret. “But for you I could be again.”

“I don't know about that,” the historian said. “But why don't we start with a fresh cup of tea and a new nappy for your son?”

And this was, when Cassandra started to fall in love with a man who was much, much older than her.

(Here my 1.500 word count ends again!!!)

Source:

The song “Show yourself” from the Disney movie “Frozen II” (2019)
    A quote from the Walt Disney movie “Lilo and Stich” (2002)
    Wookieepedia – The Star Wars Wiki
    Hidden quotes from SW movies and the SW universe

Last edited: Nov 1, 2021
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    You are superb at the varying and diverse moods and tones! =D= I am glad to see you writing for this event. @};-

Kahara and gizkaspice like this.
  3. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    The adventures of Darth Vader and Cassandra are always intriguing! And yes, totally agree--the way you set the mood and tone is almost poetic to say. So happy you are writing again!

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    So happy to see you again in these difficult times. Vader and Cassandra great discussions.

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  5. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: I hope I can keep it up. Of late, there was much sorrow and trouble on the private front. And next week I will have my surgery with a delay of about 7 months...

@gizkaspice: And I am always happy to see you comment on my stuff.

@earlybird-obi-wan: Thanks for also taking the time to comment! I had to little online time the past months. The things that I need to read and comment to dangerously pile up here on the fanfic boards.

Anyway, here is a little treat for you guys:

Title: “Girl” (Single Sentence Shot Put)

Author:
    AzureAngel2

Length: one sentence

Summery: As the SW Decathlon 2021 demands I will tell a story told in a single sentence about my OC Cassandra Morrígain Krennic and, by a strange twist of fate & Palpatine DNA, her cousin, Darth Vader.

Time frame: 4 ABY

Planet of choice: Mustafar

Further reader warning: Please excuse my weird English! I am German. English is only my Second language!

Disclaimer: SW is owned by George Lucas, Lucas Ltd. and now The Walt Disney Company

There was no where to go, let alone to hide in his bacta tank, and so the Dark Lord tried to stay as dignified as possible when being confronted with that impossible girl.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    confined in a suit and tank that must have been trouble for him being confromted with Cassie

Kahara likes this.
  7. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    There is no suit, while he is in his tank... ;)

As I wrote elsewhere:

After a little eternity, she reached the doors that led to her cousin's sanctum. This time no Red Guards were standing around. No Death Trooper in plain sight either.

She pressed a hand to her chest to calm herself.

Counting down to ten, she activated the door mechanism.

Her surprise could not have been any greater.

Like a silver lining the Dark Lord was floating in a bacta tank. Well, she had never seen such a tank, but something inside her knew it was. Her gut feeling, as she referred to it. Others might have called it the Force.

He also must have felt her, because he frowned into her direction. His eyes blue and large. “I did not invite you, cousin!” he spoke into her head and it took her a while to recognize his voice, for it sounded much younger and healthier.

Aware that he would not be able to hear her very well without his helmet, she shot right back via telepathy. “Then put up a sign next time you do not want to get disturbed during bath time!”

“Does this look like a bath to you?” he challenged her. “And do you believe that I am having the time of my life in here?”

“You might as well enjoy it, you know.”

“Joy would be to wipe that smile of your face, Cassandra.”

She walked up straight to the tank and pressed her nose against the glass, trying not to stare at the sad human remains inside. That Obi-Wan really had done a nasty job there and had left it to the lava to destroy the rest, only a bit too hasty to succeed.

“I am so glad that you cannot shoot any Force lightning at me with your fingertips.”

He raised an eyebrow at her mockery, his mouth hidden underneath his medical breathing mask. “I can think of more fun ways to disintegrate you.”

Cassandra blew him a raspberry, even though this way not a very grown-up thing to do. “If you do, I won't be able to tell you about… Darth Cognus.”

His pale face seemed to be made out of stone. It also did not help that the lower half was covered up. “Sometimes I believe you just come up with all those Sith legends to gaslight me.”

She recognised the sarcasm in his words and refused to answer.

“What? No attempt to bribe me?”
    He sounded smug. “Orson Krennic's only child is finally at the end of her wits?”

For a fleeting moment she seemed to waver. Then she turned her back on him.

“Are you sulking?”

Taking a deep breath, Cassandra started walking away from the tank.

“Don't you dare to leave me like this!” he ranted. “I am not finished with you, yet!”

She would like to scratch out his eyes now. “But I am so done with you!” she informed him coldly, just about on the brink to mention his mother. That would be a hard blow for him.

A mop and a bucket came flying out of nowhere, barring her way.

This was too much to bear.

In her anger, she flung the objects right back at him. They clattered against the tank and fell down unceremoniously.

First he was startled, then he convulsed in the bacta.

In panic she rushed towards the tank. “Are you okay?”

He did not answer, but shook even more.

It was only then, that she realized that silent laughter shook the Dark Lord.

“Nerfherder!” she screamed aloud and banged her fists against the glass.

“Impressive, most impressive!”

He made a little gesture with his fingers and she was risen in the air. Her brow came to rest against the tank, he made an effort to lean in with his own head.

Instead of fighting her cousin directly, she said crisply, “I could fry you like a fish finger now.”

Thoughtfully, he nodded. “Oh, I have no doubt about it, Cassandra! I bet there is more where all this comes from. The malice, the Force skills… a true Palpatine.”

There was not only sorrow in his blue eyes, but real physical pain. Pain that she had caused him. Due to her Darth had been forced to break out of his usual routine, make movements that he did not do while being in the Bacta.

Guilty tears ran down her face. She was such a horrible and selfish girl! To treat a poor invalid that way! A man who had been betrayed by everybody important in his life. She was not worthy to live under this roof.

Unblinking, he starred at her. After a while, he said, “Pity is the last thing that I need and want, Cassandra.”

She was devastated.

“Better start telling me the promised story!”

“Legend!”
    She pouted. “Take your own Sith religion seriously, would you now! Or I will force you to give back your title!”

Kahara likes this.
  8. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Title: “Cover me in sunshine”, 110 Word Hurdle with Cassie and Zev(ulon Veers)

Length: 110 Word Hurdle

Rating: not sure

Summary: A story old as time. Girl and boy make out. There is love within the Galactic Empire.

Time frame: The story takes place in 3 BBY.

Planet of choice: Chandrila

Further reader warning: Please excuse my weird English! I am German. English is only my Second language!

Disclaimer: SW is owned by George Lucas, Lucas Ltd. and now The Walt Disney Company

Hey
    Yeah, yeah, yeah

Sweet like chocolate
    You're sweet like chocolate, boy

Finding a way in the dark
    Ain't so hard when you're close to my heart
    You are there when I'm feeling alone
    All I need is for you to come home

Sweet like chocolate
    You bring me so much joy

Trust is the lock, is the key
    There's no doubt that your love's all for me
    You are sweet on the tip of my tongue
    You are warm like the rays of the sun

Sweet like chocolate
    You bring me so much joy

You're sweet like da da da da da da da
    Da da, da da da da da da da

Knowing you're there every day
    Makes me high in my own special way
    I am caught in the face of your love
    Holding you is a gift from above

Sweet like chocolate
    You bring me so much joy

You're sweet like da da da da da da da

Sweet like chocolate
    Da da da da da da da
    Sweet like chocolate, boy

Sweet like chocolate
    Da da da da da da da
    Sweet like chocolate, boy

Dawn's golden light woke the girl first. She felt delightfully debauched. Like a sun-warmed tooka. But instead of voicing her pleasure aloud, she kept her lips closed. For the boy was still asleep. At some point he had rolled on his back and tucked her up against him. This was very, very nice. She liked the new intimacy between them.

Outside her chamber door, the wooden floor boards creaked in a treacherous way.

“Good morning, Daddy!” she chirped. “I'll be with you for brekkie in a second.”

Startled, the boy tore his eyes wide open. Only in his COMPNOR underpants he stood to attention less than half a second later.

Sources:
    The song “Sweet like chocolate” by Shanks & Bigfoot (1999)

Last edited: Jul 12, 2021
  9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    boy and girl in love, great with the song

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  10. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Title:I, too can command the wind, sir!”, 400 Word Cross Country

Length: 400 Word Cross Country

Summary: To find lost SW movie scripts online is fun. I actually did so before and added it to the backstory of my OC Nagina.

As it happens, out there is somebody who wrote dialogue for the dinner scene at Cloud City. And I am not referring to the Robot Chicken team here!

Time frame: The story takes place in 3 BBY.

Planet of choice: Bespin

Empty spaces, what are we living for?
    Abandoned places, I guess we know the score, on and on
    Does anybody know what we are looking for?
    Another hero, another mindless crime
    Behind the curtain, in the pantomime
    Hold the line
    Does anybody want to take it any more?

The show must go on
    The show must go on, yeah
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile, still, stays on

Whatever happens, I'll leave it all to chance
    Another heartache, another failed romance, on and on
    Does anybody know what we are living for?
    I guess I'm learning
    I must be warmer now
    I'll soon be turning, round the corner now
    Outside the dawn is breaking
    But inside in the dark I'm aching to be free

The show must go on
    The show must go on
    Inside my heart is breaking
    My make-up may be flaking
    But my smile, still, stays on

My soul is painted like the wings of butterflies
    Fairy tales of yesterday, grow but never die
    I can fly, my friends

The show must go on
    The show must go on
    I'll face it with a grin
    I'm never giving in
    On with the show

I'll top the bill
    I'll overkill
    I have to find the will to carry on
    On with the show
    Show
    Show must go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on

Seven months pregnant, Cassandra Krennic felt bloated like a purrgil. Hidden out of sight, she stood silent watch in the Rinetta dining room. Only the Dark Lord and the infamous Boba Fett knew that she was there.

It was a weird dinner. Pointless really, but her cousin had been stubborn about the entire setting, drinks and snacks included. When it was about the wisdom of the Sith, he always listened. But in PR matters, she had no say whatsoever. Therefore he acted like a dummy now and again. This time, he even went so far and explained his plans concerning Luke Skywalker to an eager audience.

“TMI,” she muttered under her breath and started biting her knuckles.

But the Dark Lord was not finished yet. He had the nerve to inform the rebel princess straight forward, “He's alive. And he'll find you, because he loves you.”

Overcome with a heat wave of external shame, Cassandra turned deep purple, while Han Solo, obviously the true boy-friend around here, argued, “That's ridiculous. He could search for…”

“He'll find her.” The conviction in Darth's voice was heavy. “And until then, we wait. I would advise you against any rash moves. I've set a guard on the Falcon so there’s no escape that way. I shan’t lock your doors unless you make it necessary.”

The pregnant girl rolled her eyes towards the snow-white ceiling. What sort of a thread was that supposed to be? Neither where these people family members who were grounded. Nor were they little children.

Leia Organa was enraged about something else though. “It's impossible. Luke hasn't the faintest idea where we are. You must be out of your mind.”

Of course the Dark Lord had a snarky remark.“Then there's no need to worry, is there?”

“Any time the Empire is around, I worry.”

And while the princess strode out of the room dramatically, a bad feeling overcame Cassandra. Before she could prevent it, a fart left her body. Silent, but stinky.

On cue, the Corellian smuggler announced, “Guess I'll go, too. The air's bad in here. Coming, Chewie?”

The anger of her cousin tucked at her. The gates of his mind swung wide open. “I'll count until ten and then you are better off world.”

For a moment, Cassandra wondered if she ought to take offence and stab him with a fork. Then again, anger lead to the Dark Side.

Sources:
    The title hints at a movie quote by Cate Blanchett
    The song “The show must go on” by Queen (1991)
    The original 1978 Leigh Brackett draft script for the catchily-named “Untitled Star Wars Sequel”, containing a far more extensive 'Dining Salon' scene

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Title: “(I just) Died in your arms tonight” (4x100 Relay, Star Wars Decathlon)

Length: 4x100 Relay

Summary: Love and its fruit change lives forever. Especially the one of the mother.

Time frame: Between 3 BBY until 4 ABY.

Places of choice: Chandrilla, Corellia, Bespin and Endor

Reader warning: Please excuse my weird English! I am German. English is only my Second language!

1. Papa don't preach (Orson and Cassie on Chandrilla, 3 BBY):

Cassandra Krennic nodded fiercely. Of course, she would fulfil her promise. From her Naboo fairy tale book she had learned that it was important to obey one's father. Especially from the story“The Frog Prince; or, Iron Henry”.

Her voice was very small though when she asked, “Will you shoot Zevulon if he does not marry me?”

The creepy grin that she got back unsettled her a big deal.

“But you are an Imperial officer and gentleman,” she protested.

His eyes were large and luminous. “That's why I won't let him get away with it, little soldier.”

“But I started, really!”

2. Nights in white satin (Cassie and Zev on Corellia, 2 ABY):

Pollution, overfishing and crime had clearly taken their toll. Cassandra had come to gloomy Corellia on behalf of her fiancé only. His recent insubordination had left him without home leave for a very long time.

Being in a special position within the Galactic Empire, Cassandra had been able to pull some strings for this weekend. Right now though she wished that she had put her foot down slightly more instead of being discreet.

Burned out by too many physical exercises, Zevulon Veers snored softly into in the stained bed linen of the lodging house. Instead of enjoying her new negligée.

3. I'll be there for you (Cassie and Max on Bespin, Cloud City, 3 ABY):

The water broke two months too early. To be precise at the very moment Luke Skywalker lost his right hand. Her cousin, who had promised to be there for the actual delivery, seemed to be more interested hacking the young rebel commander into pieces. And so Cassandra left her lookout post without turning back.

Within the confines of Cloud City, she dragged herself to the next medical centre. There she made a HoloNet call straight to the Executor. Firmus Piett was as baffled as he was overtaxed.

“Tell General Veers that his grand-child is on the way,” she repeated calmly.

4. Cell Block Tango or: He had it coming (Cassie and Alex on Endor, 4 ABY):

Her godfather, Alexandre Kallus, had lead her far away from his rebel friends to have an eye-to-eye talk with her. He looked very capable of homicide.

“Tell me why I should save you. After all that you've pulled…”

“I have a son,” she admitted.

There was a sharp intake of breath.

The shock hit her hard. “It's Zev's,” she defended herself fiercely. “Vader was my cousin, you know. By blood! And he was a good man. He would have never… Padmé Amidala was everything to him.”

The tears, the young woman had not allowed herself for many hours, overwhelmed her.

Sources:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    WOW all those emotions and intrigues. You are weaving a beautiful complicated story

13. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Wonderful works!!=D=

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Dear @earlybird-obi-wan & dear @JediMaster_Jen, greetings from my lunch break at work. Just 4 minutes left and then I have to keep two eyes open for the sleep watch. (At present we have 10 of 19 kids present, all between 1 year and 3 years of age).

Dear bird, you were right that writing helps. I was very much in pain yesterday. The new medication was also rather helpful.

Hopefully, I can write on in 2 or 3 weeks. No idea how long I will remain in hospital after my important surgery.

About Cassandra, Nagina's clone copy: I am going to tell the rest of her story (including all that happened after Orson Krennic's death and Vader taking her in) in short stories. There will not be another large story spanning 50 chapters 'a la 14/16 pages. This way it' s more fun and I can squeeze writing projects in much easier.

During the Corona pandemic there was no way going to our fitness center for my husband, DarthUncle, and me. (And online courses are not the same.) They will re-open soon. And we have met just 2 RL friends in person since February 2020. Plus there is this Amazon Prime Account that I have since May 2021.

But I will continue writing, just not as often and as regular as I used to for it's eating up too much of my time.

And writing so many development reports for children and learning stories, I realized that I have trouble finding many words for my fanfictions.

I do want to finish my work for the Summer Olympics though...

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Caught up and loving all the interactions and moods with Cassandra and Vader in particular. Brilliant snark. Her relationship with Zevulon definitely took a sharp turn with immense consequences. =D=

16. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    I love how you write emotion, especially during these glimpses into Cassie's life. And Cassie and Vader snark NEVER gets old!

17. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Very intriguing seemingly prophetic dream at the start -- here is another place where we start to see some of the later events of the sequels melding into the storyline along with all the New Canon stuff that is already there. Cassie has her own personality in this nature-vs-nurture deal, but she definitely also has Nagina's intuitive tendencies, however much she's had to learn to keep them contained for her safety.

That conversation with Vader at Endor is so sad, because I'm guessing it is one of their last. And yet it shows how much they care for each other too, even though they can never agree on a single thing! Cassie might be the one person who would see the later events as explainable, since she knows her cousin better than most. I'm glad she and her remaining cousins got to at least answer some of each other's questions, however difficult it was.

Nifty to see where Cassie's path is taking her later into canon. (And I'd be interested to know how she knows and trusts Sabine so much, that sounds like a story!) It's great that she seems like she's opening up a bit to people outside her old Imperial circles and able to see them as potential allies. Kallus turning up was a surprise, and I'm glad that they are able to move forward with him forgiving Cassie for their last argument and that he's helping her and her son find somewhere safe to be in the chaos. She's lost so many of her family, adopted and otherwise, and it's good to see that there's at least one positive familial-type bond from her early life that she's been able to regain. And I'm glad to see that Cassie ends up safely out of the way (at least for the time being) with Lor; I've no idea whether that relationship will pan out as she hopes but it's great that they at least seem to have the beginnings of a beautiful friendship. @};-

My favorite of the series so far, though, is the Even More Awkward Bespin Dinner Scene. It is just pitch perfect. With Cassie there, you have the almost complete set of awkward family dinner members (I guess grumpy old Grandpa Palps is really the only one missing [face_rofl] ).

:oops: [face_laugh] If she only knew.

And aww, I feel so bad for her gastrointestinal distress interrupting things further! That really takes it to the absolute worst. Poor kid. [face_rofl]

NOW she's going to worry about that! :p

18. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Lady I don't know how many times you won "Best OC" in the Fanfic Awards on these boards but however many it's not enough, because the way your OCs develop and evolve over time is just incredible.

I remember meeting Nagina in Rage, Rage, and she was fascinating at the time already as Palpatine's niece, but it appears that she has grown into something more now with this mental and blood bond that she has with Darth Vader, and checking your profile I can see that I have a lot to catch up on in order to understand how that story went. Until I can do that, I'll stick around this thread and drink it all in!

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Thanks for loving the snark. And for always finding the time to beta-edit.

@gizkaspice: You saying that makes me very proud. I often do doubt myself as a hobby author.

@Kahara: I am glad that you enjoyed yourself so overly much while reading. That makes me rather happy, too. Of late, I was to ill to be overly creative, but I do owe you some stories concerning Cassandra as it seems. For me it´s also a way of coming to terms with the new Disney canon, but also being able to hold on some ideas of legends/ the EU.

@Kahara: I think Director Krennic and Agent Kallus were very essential for Cassie´s upbringing, who had no real female personages that she could identify to. And she shows a fierce loyalty to Darth (Vader), even when he is wrong about many things.

Hopefully, I can conjure some ideas soon. Hecate, the Dark Mother, helped me through a lot concerning my recent surgery and DarthUncle having ended up in hospital last week due to some trouble with his donor kidney (from a living donor). I might get my husband back this weekend, but he will face thorough monitoring & a lot of tests in the upcoming months.

So, I hope Calliope comes along, giving me further ideas for the Olympic challenge around here.

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    100 Word Sprint: A 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme.

Title: “Pali sikkhāpada” (100 Word Sprint, Star Wars Decathlon)

Length: 100 Word Sprint

Summary: A blind member of the Guardians of the Whills is in conversation with a pilgrim in the streets of Jedha City.

Time frame: 14 BBY

Places of choice: Jedha

Many nights we prayed
    With no proof, anyone could hear
    In our hearts a hopeful song
    We barely understood
    Now, we are not afraid
    Although we know there's much to fear
    We were moving mountains
    Long before we knew we could, whoa, yes

There can be miracles
    When you believe
    Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill
    Who knows what miracles you can achieve?
    When you believe, somehow you will
    You will when you believe

Oh-oh-oh
    Mmm, yeah

In this time of fear
    When prayer so often proves in vain
    Hope seems like the summer bird
    Too swiftly flown away
    Yet now I'm standing here
    My hearts so full, I can't explain
    Seeking faith and speakin' words
    I never thought I'd say

There can be miracles
    When you believe (When you believe)
    Though hope is frail, it's hard to kill (Mmm)
    Who knows what miracles you can achieve? (You can achieve)
    When you believe, somehow you will
    You will when you believe

They don't always happen when you ask
    And it's easy to give in to your fears
    But when you're blinded by your pain
    Can't see the way, get through the rain
    A small but still, resilient voice
    Says, help is very near, oh (Oh)

There can be miracles (Miracles)
    When you believe (Boy, when you believe, yeah)
    Though hope is frail
    It's hard to kill (Hard to kill, oh, yeah)
    Who knows what miracles
    You can achieve (You can achieve, oh)
    When you believe somehow you will (Somehow, somehow, somehow)

Now, you will (I know, I know, know)
    You will when you (When you)
    Believe
    You will when you (You will when you)
    Believe
    Just believe (Believe)
    Just believe
    You will when you
    Believe

Due to his blindness, Chirrut Îmwe could not see the pilgrim's face, but he was sure he had heard his voice some place before. Even though something felt off, the request itself was honest. “Sila is indeed the cornerstone upon which the entire Noble Eightfold Path is built.”

The other leaned in even closer, bringing his voice volume down to an absolute minimum. “How can I teach my daughter, Cassandra, your belief?”

The Guardian of the Whills smiled.

Even though the temple was no more, the Force was still with him. He was needed and listened to as a teacher.

Sources:
    The song “When you believe” by Whitney Houston & Mariah Carey for the movie “The Prince of Egypt” (1998)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2021
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    How cool is this?! =D= The conversations Chirrut and Cassie could have. ;)

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Cassie should be taught by Chirrut

23. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    We´ll see what I can do, okay, dear @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha?!? [:D]

You underestimate control freak Orson here, dear @earlybird-obi-wan... [face_laugh]

24. gizkaspice

Nov 27, 2013
    I agree here--Cassie should be taught by Chirrut, how cool would that be?! :D

25. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    Very interesting indeed! :) I loved Chirrut so much in Rogue One, so seeing him is always a bonus. And I remember that Nagina and Orson visited Jedha at one time... wonder if Cassie will seem familiar. ;)