main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Star Trek] Communicating & Connecting. For the FF Olympics. Ensemble Cast

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 13, 2021.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Disclaimer: Borrowing with love.

This is for the FF Olympics.

Characters will be the Enterprise crew during pivotal moments. :D

---------

Shot Put post 2
    Word Sprint, post 7

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
    RX_Sith and Mira_Jade like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    First Event Singel Sentence Shot Put

Jim dreamed of the stars, of wide open spaces, of adventure and discovery...not of heroics necessarily, he just wanted to be out there doing.

3. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Out there doing - isn't that Kirk in a nutshell? And then, of course, the heroics came after. [face_love]

This was a beautiful character study, and a fantastic event to kick things off with. I'm so excited to see this thread up from you! [face_dancing] [:D]

4. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Out there doing what he was meant to do. That is definitely Kirk.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Jim and his Enterprise out there in the galaxy that's him

6. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    One sentence and you captured the essence of Jim Kirk perfectly. :D You always do, though. So I'm not surprised.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks!! I loved encapsulating Jim in a brief sentence. [face_batting]

~~

100 Word Sprint
    (Friends enjoying lunch and banter)

"We have to try this." Jim urged Audrey when they went to visit Leo and Christine in Vermont. "They raved about the lobster rolls."

"Sounds delicious." Audrey said and when she took a bite of the buttery bun with the tender lobster topped with lettuce and green onion and lime juice, she grinned. "Everything they said it was."

Leo and Christine entered the cafe at that moment, and there were smiles and hugs all around.

"I see you went with our culinary recommendation," McCoy remarked.

"It's marvelous!" Audrey enthused. "One of the perks of living in this locale I'll bet."

"And we get all four seasons," Christine said.

They reminisced and caught up and when Audrey teased Christine by asking how things were going romantically, Christine blushed and said, "Better than I could have hoped."

"You can say that again!" Leo said. "Christine and I both coming from derailed relationships... it could've gone so many ways when we made a try of it together."

"That's probably one main reason why you made an extra effort to make it work," Jim said and then a mischievous twinkle lit his eyes. "I can't even imagine what would've happened if Chris and I had gotten together."

"We had a couple dates, but I guess nothing sparked. I'm glad it didn't affect our friendship or working relationship."

Audrey laughed and nudged Jim playfully. "Was there a female crew member that you left unscathed?"

"Hey! I had very discriminating taste, and the search ended with you."

She smiled tenderly. "I'm very glad it did."

Last edited: Jul 17, 2021
  8. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    This made me smile. :)

9. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    Aw this was so sweet! Delicious too, in more than one way. ;)

This was a beautiful insight! And one of the reasons I love McCoy and Christine together so much! [face_love]

[face_laugh] [face_love] Gorgeously expressed!

This was a fantastic addition to your collection, and I look forward to reading what comes next. [face_love] =D= [:D]

10. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    A very sweet relationship for Jim and Audrey as well as McCoy and Christine.

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Sweet with Jim the ladies man with his love Audrey and McCoy with Christine

12. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Oh, these are beautiful as always!

I just love this, and I can totally relate to that feeling. [face_love]

And your 100 Word Sprint was so lovely. The food sounds amazing, and the companionship even better. I love the warmth and friendship between them all.

Haha! Such fun, sweet banter and a perfect ending to this. Awesome work as always! =D=

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    110 Word Hurdle
    Setting: Members of the Enterprise share their admiring opinions.

"I was surprised... but not anymore. He makes it look easy."

"Yeah, I was wondering if he could get the job done! But he's a great leader and one that's easy to be loyal to and inspires trust."

"You'd never know it to look at him. He seems so lighthearted and with that nonstop charm ..."

"Sometimes it seems like you peek beneath the surface and you wonder, all noise and no substance... but hey. What do you know? There's quite a bit there, a lot to admire, and a whole bunch more to emulate."

[face_love]

Last edited: Jul 21, 2021
  14. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Especially love the last part which exemplifies Kirk greatly.

15. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Yep, Jim Kirk is an onion; ya just keep peeling back the layers and find much to admire. :) Well done.

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great writing showing who Jim Kirk is but not revealing all

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :) I have the final 2 entries.

---

200 Freestyle

Title: A gift of haiku

Sulu approached Nyota in the rec lounge. "I want to get your opinion on a gift for Yolette. It's the anniversary of our first date. I was wondering if you think she'd like a gift of haiku? I have a collection of my favorite haiku poems bound in leatherette."

Nyota smiled and teased, "And to think in another reality that gift could have been mine."

Sulu groaned in response to the reference to the 'Mirror Universe' where slightly, or rather, more than slightly altered variations of themselves had been encountered.

"We were all a bunch of thugs and tyrannical wannabes." He retorted.

She laughed and grew serious. "I think she would love it because haiku is a beautiful poetic form and because the poems themselves mean something special to you."

When he gave Yolette the volume after a cozy meal of stir fry mushrooms, onions, and tender beef in a light soy sauce followed by a very decadent slice of chocolate cream pie, she beamed and exclaimed, "How exquisite! What a sweet, thoughtful gift, Hikaru, and how romantic of you to think of commemorating the occasion."

He grinned. "I was so delighted when you agreed to dinner that first time, I had to celebrate it."

She answered, "Believe me, I was all too eager for you to do so. I got something for you too on the offchance." She handed Hikaru a framed scrapbook of his favorite professional fencer with highlights and memorable quotes from the competitions.

"Oh, Yolette. How super is this! Thanks so much!" He exclaimed.

She chuckled at his boyish glee, and they lingered over a cup of expresso with sprigs of cinnamon and marshmallows.

Fantastical Fencing

Title: Steady & Sure

Nyota was the soloist in the semi-professional community orchestra. She and a few other very talented members formed a quartet of musicians and she played the viol and sang.

Upon winning the most recent competition, she was awarded a full scholarship to a prestigious Academy known for musical talent. But Nyota's heart was set on Starfleet and pursuit of a career in communications/linguistics. Although pleased and gratified, she turned it down with sincere thanks for being considered.

When she shared this with her folks, they told her they knew it was an incredible honor but were not disappointed she had declined.

"You're a lady who knows what she wants," her dad said with a wink.

"And doesn't stop until she gets it," her sister half-teased.

Nyota could not and would not disagree with either remark.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  18. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Some more great musings into both Sulu and Yolette along with Nyota who really had incredible talents, but pursued the one she was made for.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Haiku are lovely poems and a perfect gift from Sulu to Yolette. And Nyota can sing and dance but follows her dream.
    Congrats on finishing^:)^[face_dancing]=D=

20. Mira_Jade

Jun 29, 2004
    That is Kirk in a nutshell! It's easy to assume he might be all flash and charm, but . . . dig deep, and he just gets better. [face_love]

I loved everything about Sulu's gift and the dinner details (your work always leaves me so hungry!), but it was just how boyishly gleeful and sincere Sulu's response was that really got me. I could hear his beaming grin in these words, which I know Yolette loves as well. [face_love]

Yep, that's our girl! [face_mischief] [face_love]

Congratulations on finishing the challenge, and thanks for sharing this awesome collection with us! [face_love] [:D]

21. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    I love sweet, romantic HIkaru Sulu. Lovely gift. :) Excellent. =D=

Nyota is such a supremely talented woman. Very good entry. =D=

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the great reviews! I loved giving Sulu and Yolette a cozy couple moment over a delicious meal. Haiku is such a gorgeous poetic form, and as for the sports highlights LOL I'm a fan of that kind of thing, although connected to a different sport. [face_mischief] I love Nyota's singleminded focus and multi-talentedness. [face_love]