main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 1.13 - Infested - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 22, 2021.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Jul 30, 2021.
  1. 10

3.4%
  2. 9

5.2%
  3. 8

19.0%
  4. 7

22.4%
  5. 6

19.0%
  6. 5

19.0%
  7. 4

6.9%
  8. 3

1.7%
  9. 2

1.7%
  10. 1

1.7%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 1.13!!
    Infested

-------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a few days before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced.

(3) The Bad Batch episodes air on Friday on Disney+ at 12am PST/PDT. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(4) Spoilers like character deaths, appearances, and major plot details must be spoiler tagged in the new episode thread prior to the episode television air date.

(5) Do not post any preview video clips from the individual episode in the episode threads.

(6) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(7) Do not discuss future episodes in here.

(8) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2021
  2. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Infested...

Brain worms?

[​IMG]

DarthKreVass likes this.
  3. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Hooray for Star Wars eve!

Automatic 10 if Cid's bar gets infested and destroyed by something in this episode. I could see this being a Crosshair focused episode though.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  4. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    The bad batch have to clear out a rodent infestation in cid's plumbing.

LedReader, Sproj, Grey Matter and 2 others like this.
  5. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Makes me think of the Red Dead Redemption 2 random encounter where the barkeep asks you to exterminate rats. Ok, And Wrecker decides to exterminate with explosives. The bar really does end up a health code violation because it's covered in crap and rodent entrails. Surely Best Dad (Or Best Brother?) won't want Omega hanging out in that anymore.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  6. Commander DuctTape

Commander DuctTape Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 4, 2021
    I know the reason is that the Bad Batch and the plot keeps being stuck in the same position and not moving ahead, but I love how you went from loving Cid to wanting her and her bar to explode to smithereens :p

As for episode 13, I'll echo what I said on the Ep. 12 thread. Infestation can refer to the rebellious clone troopers and their ideas spreading among the rank and file clone troopers or Kaminioans, so here's hoping that instead of brain bugs we get some Kamino and more seeds of a possible clone rebellion. Or perhaps Crosshair questioning his beliefs. Anything but more brain bugs.

7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    LOL, I just want the bar blown to smithereens. Cid is perfectly welcome to survive losing her establishment.

That's actually what I was thinking, it refers to rebellious clones infesting the ranks with Crosshair being the main character in all that reassessing his beliefs. I am not sure if the clones regaining their free will is really what the Kaminoans want to happen for a rebellion or if it's going to work against them, make Lama Su more hell-bent on capturing Omega for whatever contingency plan he has.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  8. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    someone let a bunch of Gizka on the ship

Reepicheep775 likes this.
  9. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    This episode was... fine. Seemed like a lot of weird decisions to put the Batch on course to encounter Maul.

Also, I kept questioning if Roland was supposed to be Vizago throughout the episode - he isn't, he's just another green Devaronian with a damaged horn.

10. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Yeah I guess though they showed how Vizago got de-horned most likely.

This episode was pretty bland. Great visuals but overall quite boring.

I actually genuinely don't know what there is to talk about with it. Fairly disappointing with only 3 eps left.

nilzo antonio and Riv_Shiel like this.
  11. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    So the Ruby prolog at the start of Battle Scars leads to something and the lizard is an influential character reference and another source of revenue for the Mantell Mix vendor.

So glad we spent an episode clearing up that pressing plot point.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    @Commander DuctTape
    But it's fine and everyone lived but a few mooks. Praise Mortis!

There are some cool scenes in this one. I laughed when that first mook tried to stonewall Hunter and the gang only to get his ass whooped. Right up there with Clovis telling Anakin to fight him like a man. Honestly their employer Roland doesn't fare much better there. The show actually handled his incompetence realistically in that he was completely in over his head dealing with both Cid and the Pikes. Messing around with the former almost got him killed. I tend to have a soft spot for characters who are almost too dumb to live, I kind of like him. Makes me miss Lux.

The animation in this one cranked it up another notch. The density of the swarm was unreal and it actually was pretty brutal to have the insect guts splattering on everything. Pretty much anything "The Mandalorian" can do so can this animated series. Not unlike, "Landing at Point Rain" where Geonosians were carrying off clones. I'm pretty sure some guys got eaten alive. And the repelling scene was gorgeous. The shot looking up the from Volcano (?... Alien geography, gotta love it.) at the Marauder silhouetted against the sky. I hope that's in the concept art for this week because what an epic wallpaper that would make. Cid and Wrecker are quite a duo.

There is no getting around there isn't much to this episode though. Just more setup for a future story thread and the introduction of some reoccurring characters. I'll include both Roland and Pikes in that. There isn't much doubt to me this is going to get a second season since this is the fourth to the last episode. I think the purpose of this episode is to show how deep into the underworld the Bad Batch has fallen.

They are getting involved with spice smuggling and the Pikes. That's only going to turn out one way and I don't mean just by how disappointing it'll be for Rex to learn this is how Hunter is trying to take care of his squad. Seriously Hunter; grow a pair, learn to tell Omega "No", and run. Maul is the last person you want to teach you this lesson. I think the other purpose of this episode was to develop Cid as a true ally, of Omega... really, she doesn't give a **** about the laser brains.

There just isn't enough time for all this to come together and pay off coherently in three episodes. Enough time is being spent letting Omega channel her inner magical girl and pass on the power of love and friend to Hunter. Okay, Hera was really cool. I couldn't tell if Hunter was confused or proud at the end of this episode. Also, Echo got to be cunning for five seconds this episode.

I want to add that another positive to this episode is another gap of time that happened at the beginning of this episode. That's three times this season. Between that, getting the Omega-focused episode, and then one from Hera's point of view that the Batchers cameoed in. This show is feeling more like TCW, wouldn't call it an anthology but it's really blending the narrative styles together. Really it's interesting to think about how the first 7 or 8 episodes really feel like "The Mandalorian" does and then this second half of the season really feels like The Clone Wars season 1. It's more campy, varied, makes things feel less focused and while the show is sticking with the Bad Batch there is a wide variety of plot bunnies being let go. It's something to ensure my continued optimism about this show and where it'll go.

Grey Matter, Sproj and VexedAtVohai like this.
  13. Aah Fisto

Aah Fisto Jedi Knight star 2

May 30, 2020
    Thats the first time that I can say this really was a damp squib of an episode

I can only assume that the introduction of the Pykes is leading to a future storyline, but it didn’t do much for this episode and advancing the story

Tech’s flash bomb was pretty cool though

Sproj likes this.
  14. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    well that was boring

avcpl, Sproj and Aah Fisto like this.
  15. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    A fun little adventure in the caves of Ord Mantell, with mild thriller elements. Really enjoyed it. I’m guessing the chase was influenced by the mine cart sequence in Temple of Doom - that’s the feeling I got from it anyway.

I do miss Hera and Chopper though. Maybe more of them in season 2?

16. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    It was an enjoyable episode, but I didn't like how the Pykes killed the troops off screen. It really feels like the series is shying away from on screen death/violence, for example Taun We, lack of deaths on Raxus and Ryloth and now this. Anyone else feel the same?

On a plus note it was nice to see the Pyke Syndicate in a more threatening light, unlike the joke they were portrayed as in the Martez Sister arc. I loved the voice of the Pyke leader.

Also nice to see a good variety of alien characters.

Usually I'm not a fan of creature based episodes, but in this episode the creatures weren't overused so I didn't mind.

17. Commander DuctTape

Commander DuctTape Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 4, 2021
    ....well this was honestly dissapointing. Like the story itself wasn't bad, and I liked that Cid actually did something besides bark orders and business at people, but did they really had to show this episode this far into the season? Especially right after last week's where Crosshair asks for permission to hunt the BB? I suppose this was meant to be a "breather" episode but we already got that with Common Ground. The final 4 episodes are NOT the place for breather episodes, c'mon.

And what's even more worrying is that I heard some people theorize that the 16 ep. count for the season is actually 14 plus the massively long first episode... in which case this is supposed to be the penultimate?? I really do hope that this is not the case though.

5/10 for me.

JediMasterMark15 likes this.
  18. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    This was an average episode for me. I guess if you're a huge fan of the crime syndicates you'll get giddy like a school-child; but IMO this episode was a hallmark of a filler one. This could've been placed at any point in the season, even towards the beginning, without effecting the turn of events. How soon they forgot the Ryloth arc; especially Omega's newfound friendship with Hera.

JediMasterMark15 and Sproj like this.
  19. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    This whole episode hinged on a homage to the Mines of Moria. It faired poorly. This episode really needed to be in the front half of the season. Sort of killed the momentum from the last couple. Also why are they still hanging around Cid? Their debt is paid.

The season has been really inconsistent in writing. We’ve had great episodes like the premier, last weeks and the one where Crosshair got scorched and the. We’ve had these oddball ones that feel really disconnected like tonight’s.

Really hoping the Kamino plot gets picked up in the next episode because that seems to have fallen off completely.

Sproj and Sarge like this.
  20. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Easily my least favorite episode of the series, i don't know, 3 episodes now, and put a episode like this is weird, i believe that the last episode will 1 hour like the first one.

Sproj likes this.
  21. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    I wonder if those gundarks the BB ran into were the same ones that Anakin and Obi-Wan met

22. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Not really disappointed in this one, because it's about what I expected. The same happened after the whole Bracca situation, and based on the title of 14, that's where things will pick up again and set the finale stage. The ending exchange between Hunter and Omega seems like another nod toward Crosshair.

What I didn't expect was for the title of this one to have a double meaning. I like seeing the machinations of different criminal elements, especially in conflict with one another. The hive seems to represent the perils of underworld dealings, the need to tread carefully. Roland's men not bothering to keep quiet down there could reflect his own inexperience.

I like the shake-up at the parlor, and playing off an earlier episode in the process. Showing the Batch landing on Ord Mantell is a nice signal that something's different. I do think that for this point in the season, the shake-up could've been more consequential or difficult to deal with, or the arrangement with the Pykes could've been left somewhat unresolved.

23. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    I liked the opening with Cid kicked out of her place and Roland in her place. Wasn’t sure where it would lead. Then we see pretty fast Cid is just displaced, not out. Roland must have rolled in with too many troopers for Cid to put up resistance. So she waited for the Batch to return.

I’ve been expecting an episode like this for the last six weeks - a side quest. It’s surprising we didn’t have more. This is set so close to the season’s end - maybe its a last break before The Bad Batch’s situation irrevocably changes. We’ll see.

The filmmaking and animation on this series continue to impress.

Grey Matter likes this.
  24. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    I realize not every episode is going to be a 100% hit, but this was just bad. Oh well, there's always next week.

JediMasterMark15 likes this.
  25. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I personally wouldn't call this episode awful. It's just slightly flat now though it will probably pay off down the road with The Bad Batch getting more involved with the criminal underworld. That Drydon Vos model is eventually going to get used. Though I'm not sure he's much of a threat to The Bad Batch. That's where his boss would come in.

Cid is also going to remain an ally after the situation is irreversibly changed. Wonder if she could join the Rebellion. If they don't leave Ord Mantell soon why don't they have an apartment there to function as a base? There is more to explore in the changing galaxy than these elements though. It doesn't seem like the terms are really good with the Pikes which will give The Bad Batch a common enemy with the Martez Sisters though I'm in no hurry to see them again. Surely they are still after those two idiots. Might have been more fun to have either Hunter or Wrecker snap and actually kill the Pikes. Then have to deal with the consequences. I wish these guys were willing to get more deadly. I hope to see that result when Rampart grabs hold of Omega.

Might have been fun to have seen the Bad Batch's off-screen mission. They might have been on Vanqor. Imagine if they saw the wreckage of the Venator that Boba had a big hand in bringing down in season two of TCW?

TheYodaPagoda likes this.