main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Perfect [face_laugh]

And thanks @Rox

2. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Yes Chris, happy soapy birthday! or... will you save that special soap as a collector item!

ChrisLyne likes this.
  3. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    JonSB, I had missed ready your post1 I had lost my senses of taste and smell too, within 7 hours of getting sick! I became sick in 5 hours after "contact". since I don't get sick, sometimes for years at a time, when something hits me-it's very fast! there was no "incubation period" for me. I went and had tests and the hosp. said, they did not know what it was. I was miserable for 6 weeks. I was at home. my husband also caught it, he's diabetic, had the same symptoms but got over it fairly quickly. my taste and smell are still affected to this day, things smell "differently" meat, no matter what kind, tastes like paper and I have to spice it up. York Peppermint patties make me ill! I love those things! but, I hope your family member has gotten better. Have any of you considered how selective the virus is geographically? it says, " I think I will infect this part of the world," another says, " I'll mutate and get this specific geographic area for me." In the past, virus did not selectively "mutate" to very selective countries. has anyone thought about how and why they are doing this?
    I am very suspicious of these strange variants. they just aren't right. study virus history.

4. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Oh, he needs to use it.

5. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
  6. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    How much is it? I heard abt. $2000 a night? or was that for the whole 2 days?

7. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Nothing announced yet.

8. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Just a heads up that I will be on vacation July 23rd-August 15th. The last week I'm going to be totally offline, and the two first weeks I will spend with my boyfriend (we have a distance relationship so we really want to make the best use of our days together). We don't have any plans but I will probably not be around much, and I will have to rely on the mobile and not the computer. I'll go green on the forum, and if there is anything and I'm not around you can always contact @LAJ_FETT

ChrisLyne, Padme501st and LAJ_FETT like this.
  9. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    We'll behave...

Enjoy your time off.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  10. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Just a note that I'm in the UK so I tend to be on earlier in the board day than later. If there's something urgent (like a spamvertiser blasting the forum) you can contact any mod online for help

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  11. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    @Padme501st keeps peddling soap on here and I will not stand for it.

ChrisLyne and Padme501st like this.
  12. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I was only trying to give @ChrisLyne a suggestion

ChrisLyne and star_wars_is_good like this.
  13. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Padme, please have fun and safe vacation! hope the weather is good, hope you can make it to the beach!

14. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I never imagined at the start of this year that our trip to Disney World wouldn’t be a sure thing. Even after 2020, with vaccines rolling out well in US & UK I thought we’d be much closer to “normal” (and not in the “screw it, we’re giving up” way the UK gov is doing now).

We’d planned 3 weeks split between Disney and Universal as it’s our 10th anniversary and we did 3 weeks for our honeymoon. We have park reservations for Magic Kingdom’s 50th and tickets for Aladdin’s reopening night on Broadway. But less than 2 months to go and entry to US is still restricted with no end in sight.

It’s reached a point where we’re seriously considering doing 2 weeks in Canada (providing they open September 9 as planned) and then about a week in US. Not quite what we’ve been dreaming of for the last 10 years but, if it’s financially viable, it will still get us there in time for Aladdin & the 50th and we’ll still get chance to see Galaxy’s Edge.

I still have my fingers crossed it will all be ok and we can go ahead as planned, but not looking very likely at the moment. I hope it’s all sorted in time for Celebration next May.

15. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It's frustrating because we had our out and people wouldn't get vaccinated. I wish people would put politics aside, talk to doctors instead of reading Facebook about any concerns they have and get the shot. Florida has like 20% of our cases right now, which is sad. Hopefully those at most risk are vaccinated so deaths don't rise as much, but people are going to be hospitalized and die that didn't have to.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  16. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, it's really sad it's become so political. Cases going crazy here as well. Vaccinations mean that hospitalisations and deaths are well down compared with last wave but if cases keep skyrocketing those will go up anyway as there's just that many cases.

I really want to believe that it will all be ok for travel by next May but I thought that for this September/October at the start of the year and look where we are :(

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  17. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    It's sad to say, but politics may have a big part in this virus turn around, that's disgusting to imagine, using a disease to get your way! I wish we could get an accurate account of who has died of the virus or the flu, or other diseases. you can't clump all deaths or hospitalizations as virus cases. if that is the case, then it's political, we really, as the populace, do not know the details of infections and death's because the experts may not think we need to know! esp. if there's only 1-one source for all the information. I am not trying to be political, just frustrated at the panic this is causing. Will Cele. still go on next year?

18. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Posts like this across social media, filled with misinformation and conspiracy theories, create mistrust and confusion that has been a contributing factor as to why we are still in this pandemic.

BrentC007 and Guidman like this.
  19. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I suggest you look at the opening post in the below thread. Please stop with these types of continued posts.
    https://boards.theforce.net/threads...-covid-19-discussion-see-op-warning.50053179/

20. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Yeah, we don’t need these kinds of posts...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

21. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
  22. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  23. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    My placeholder is still present. I still see my purchased single day ticket and my requested ticket and details (place in line)
    Maybe Chris cancelled your request?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Thankfully I have a badge from when they went on sale, otherwise @ChrisLyne would be a suspect.

This was the placeholder page for anyone going on Lyte looking for tickets, not my personal account. They had a page up with the new dates (you couldn't enter a request yet), but now it's gone.

It could mean:

1) they are in the process of getting ready to sell tickets

2) they anticipate a cap on capacity and won't be selling more tickets

3) absolutely nothing

It's probably 3.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
    JonSB and ChrisLyne like this.
  25. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I was expecting #1 around the beginning of July so hopefully they will open up sales/waitlist within the next few days (Aug 1st?) via Lyte or other service.

star_wars_is_good likes this.