main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub What Is Thy Bidding My Master? *Darth Vader Fanclub* (All Are Welcome)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Chancellor Yoda, Apr 20, 2015.

1. KaleeshFett

KaleeshFett Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 21, 2021
    Ah, I remember that comic and definitely a solid tale despite it initially coming across as a simple fan service story. It really captured Vader's characterization of self-loathing better than most other Legend stories.

Which is an aspect of Vader I always found fascinating. Despite how much he loathes Obi-Wan and his Master, his own self hatred seems to fuel his rage and resolve more than anything else.

2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  3. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
  4. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
  5. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
    I love pixel art. Makes me wish for a Super Rogue One game.

[​IMG]

6. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Rouge one arcade? Sounds good!

7. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  8. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
  9. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
    Darth Vader's hallway scene recreated in Lego.

10. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
  11. Ithorians

Ithorians Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    [​IMG]
    Speaking of old video games, I can't tell you how much I love the Dark Forces series. Why our Lord was portrayed in this particular cover of Jedi Knight (the one I owned had Jerec in it) I can only guess, but he did show up in the first one!!

Cynda, KaleeshFett, Iron_lord and 2 others like this.
  12. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    I like the ps one dark forces.

KaleeshFett, Ithorians and Iron_lord like this.
  13. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
    I consider the Dark Forces game series to be the best from Star Wars, outside of maybe KOTOR.

Jerec would have been an interesting Inquisitor for Vader to work alongside of. Though I can imagine Jerec's conniving and ambitious nature probably would have gotten him force choked.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2021
  14. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    He was later retconned to be a High Inquisitor indeed! I just loved when authors like Abel Peña worked to connect the villains of several sources into a cohesive guideline within the Empire. In Jerec´s case, he appeared having different relationships with many interesting characters, like Blackhole, Thrawn, or Ardus Kaine.

It was said that Jerec hated Vader, though, since he would have been the prime candidate to succeed him as Sith Lord. Vader stood in his way to power, yet with all his might, Jerec never dared to challenge him. That just tells us how powerful our favorite Sith Lord was by the heights of the Empire reign...

Emperor Ferus and Iron_lord like this.
  15. Cynda

Cynda Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2014
  16. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    that's a cool drawing.

17. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    When I was little, I used to think that one of the most amazing things you could do if you were in the GFFA was to work with Darth Vader. Oh I felt people like Tremayne, Blackhole and Lumiya were amazing just for being able to follow his lead. And then, years and years later, I saw the issue of the Darth Vader comic were he is training the Inquisitors, and, I mean... there is harsh training, and there is the one you get to work for our Sith Lord!

[​IMG]

18. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    So, last issue of the Vader comic had our favorite Sith Lord facing famed bounty hunter IG-88!! Not only that, but the droid was equipped with the same device that Cylo had to shut down Vader´s cybernetics! How did this go?

[​IMG]
    Yes, this about sums it up...

19. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Lol. As expected.

Iron_lord, Ithorians and DarthIshyZ like this.
  20. Ithorians

Apr 26, 2016
    The preview of the latest issue of current Vader comic has this line:

[​IMG]
    I've said it before, but one of the things I like the most about canon is the way Vader is treated. Yes, he has his defeats, but everything about him seems legendary again, like it was during the times of the OT. I'm finding myself quite interested in this comic, and I've been eager to get to see this issue in particular, where Sly Moore will somehow attempt to undermine our favorite Sith. Can't wait to read it!

21. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    I honestly love Vader’s entire arc, and how he transitions from menacing villain to redeemed father.
    I feel like TESB in particular is Vader’s chance to shine, he is not operating on behalf of Tarkin or the Emperor, but his own agenda. True, he is acting on Palpatine’s orders, but the plot to ensnare Luke and rule the galaxy is all his own.

22. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    The comics capture the balance of Vader being vulnerable but strong. He's a survivor. It's his will that makes him legendary.

23. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
    I've said it before, but Vader's various comic runs have been some of the strongest pieces of media to come out of the Disney buy out.

They truly show the inner character of Vader as a dark, brutal and tragic figure. I also enjoying how these comics can go from brutally dark and then brutally goofy at the same time. :p The comics strike that right balance IMO, that the best of Star Wars can usually achieve.

Plus, the covers are always delightful.

[​IMG]

24. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Vader is an angry man. But it shows his genius comes from moments of contemplation.

25. KaleeshFett

Jan 21, 2021
    [​IMG]

“And you rage and scream and reach through the Force to crush the shadow who has destroyed you, but you are so far less now than what you were, you are more than half machine, you are like a painter gone blind, a composer gone deaf, you can remember where the power was but the power you can touch is only a memory, and so with all your world-destroying fury it is only droids around you that implode, and equipment, and the table on which you were strapped shatters, and in the end, you cannot touch the shadow. In the end you don't even want to. In the end, you do not even want to. In the end, the shadow is all you have left. Because the shadow understands you, the shadow forgives you, the shadow gathers you unto itself—And within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame.” -- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith by Matthew Woodring Stover

Chilling quote, Stover knew how to write the inner darkness of Anakin Skywalker.