main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends The perils of draxin-collecting Star Wars Olympics decathlon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jul 14, 2021.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Title: The perils of draxin-collecting Star Wars Olympics decathlon

Author: Earlybird-obi-wan

Timeframe: Legends: Beyond the Saga
    Genre: A variety.
    Timeframe 83 ABY
    Characters: Kaagi Adin, Soron Adameh and more Moniron characters
    Summary: stories written for my Star Wars Decathlon focusing on my OC’s. An index of entries is found below.

1. AU Archery: A story of at least 100 words set in an alternate universe with your character, family, friendship, or couple.
    Destruction

2. Fantastical Fencing: A story of at least a 100 words involving your character, family, friendship or couple in which something fantastical happens.
    Helped by a toy

3. 1500 Word Dash: A 1500 word story about your character, family, friendship or couple with any theme.
    Expedition 41

4. Single Sentence Shot Put: A story told in a single sentence about your character, family, friendship or couple.
    No Force?

5. 110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, family, friendship or couple aren’t mentioned
    Nasty lava-glass

6. 100 Word Sprint: A 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme
    Rescue

7. 400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character, couple, family or friendship with any theme
    Contamination?

8. Prime Time Coverage: 500+ words of action, adventure, or excitement with your chosen character, friendship, family or couple as the star.
    Treatment

9. 200 Freestyle: A 200 word story about your character, family, friendship or couple with a free choice of any theme.
    Recovery

10. 4x100 Relay: 4x100 words on the four types of love (affection, intimacy, friendship, and charity) as experienced by your character, family, friendship or couple in one post.
    Released.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    JediMaster_Jen and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    1. AU Archery: A story of at least 100 words set in an alternate universe with your character, family, friendship, or couple.

Timeframe 83 ABY

Destruction

Mount Moniron was still spewing lava and ashes when a large craft was nearing it. Two cities were gone. Rondor was destroyed and even great parts of Noranan were covered by a blanket of ashes after a devastating pyroclastic flow had set buildings ablaze.

Tarmenel Eled-Hir was flying his hyperdrive capable craft and coming to the rescue. He stayed clear of the spewing volcano. With him were surgeons Kaagi Adin and Aaqu Maerhin. They had been visiting him.

“The Darrin valley is gone.” Aaqu Maerhin was sitting in the co-pilot seat. “No more draxin. No more draxinon to help us with the procedure on a Force-sensitive.”

“And our homes are gone,” Kaagi began to cry bitter tears.

3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    2. Fantastical Fencing: A story of at least a 100 words involving your character, family, friendship or couple in which something fantastical happens.

Timeframe 83 ABY

Helped by a toy

“Snuffle, snuffle, tears go away, wake up my beloved.”

Kaagi opened his eyes briefly to see an orange shape. He tried to move his arm.

“Tickle, tickle, I am yours.”

Again the orange colour before his eyes. “O no it's the lava again.”

“Lava? No, it's an old toy used by me to keep you entertained when you were recovering from your mission to the Kawtun trench. Wake up and see.”

“A Beesie! I have been dreaming. I am in my bed.”

“Dreaming yes.” Aranella put down the toy.

“I will have breakfast in the restaurant. There I want to read a book in the library about Mount Moniron.” Kaagi sat up and hopping on one leg he sat down in his wheelchair and entered the fresher.

“But we have all the time in the world.”

“After expedition 41 has come to an end.” Kaagi came out of the fresher dressed in a comfortable shirt and trousers after donning his brace.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    3. 1500 Word Dash: A 1500 word story about your character, family, friendship or couple with any theme.

Timeframe 83 ABY

Expedition 41

“Thanks chef Mouraha for the excellent breakfast. I will need it for expedition 41 to the darrin-valley.” Kaagi Adin placed his tray on the counter.

Jeruan Mouraha knew. He had seen Kaagi and Soron coming back from a similar expedition a year ago looking very tired and with Kaagi falling asleep with his nose almost in a bowl with fruit. He had been the one to warn Aaqu Maerhin, who had helped Kaagi to go home. “See you and your helpers in the afternoon. I will bake brikufruit pies.”

“I will come and try to enjoy it.” With some time to spend Kaagi wheeled to the small library in the restaurant in the surgery wing of the Noranan general hospital. One of the books was a copy of an original book owned by Kevin Kaol titled: Anjii el unwari. Almost 40 years ago he had been studying that book in search of a cure to wake up hibernating midichlorians. The original in the Dunai elder language had revealed more and had offered the clue to the protection. A healer had used an isolating suit to collect minerals to cure Dagnir and unite him with his beloved Sorana. The union had led to the unification of the Dunai elder tribes. His friends and colleagues had helped him finding the way to collect the minerals from the depth of the ocean. And the suit that had isolated him from the environment and the hazardous minerals had been used after that expedition. It was the best protection to go and collect the draxin in the darrin-valley. Another book was next to it. It was about the history of Moniron. He picked that up, leafed through it coming to a page with a picture of Mount Moniron and began to read.

Mount Moniron is the name-giver of the planet. The Dunai elder discovered the dormant volcano after they were transported by the Sheir-Irel to their new home after their planet Dunai was destroyed by their sun going nova. The valley near to it is known as the Darrin valley. It is the only place to find the mineral draxin, the source to make the medicine draxinon, used as a Force suppressing drug during procedures. Draxin is a complicated chemical ingested by the plant that has given his name to the draxin. The tarba draxin with red fernlike leaves with blue bioluminescent patterns was once found on many places on Moniron but can now only be found in the darrin-valley. Rodents and their predators – the Darrin – had the mineral in their bones. The darrin were a reptilian species with vicious claws and wings. They became extinct 30.000 years ago when the Rakata on a quest to rule all the planets in the galaxy, landed on the edge of a large lake in shuttles coming from one of their capital ships with a hyperdrive powered by the Force.

The landing was difficult because the Darrin attacked immediately. It was the main nesting ground of the species. One of the shuttles – entangled with a large Darrin –crashed. None had survived. But the Rakata didn't care and didn't bury their dead. Geologically conditions were pointing to a volcano that would become active very soon. They killed all the Darrin with their weapons guided by the dark side of the Force and wondered why this wasn't as easy as they expected. The Force was muffled by something unknown. After killing the Darrin in the large nesting ground a group of scouts returned in a hurry urging the leader of the Rakata to leave. Waves of uneasy feelings had been battering away at the Rakata, plants and animals had fled and sudden flash-floods and rumbling of the ground had revealed to the Rakata scouts that the planet was geologically unstable. The Rakata took the eggs of the Darrin and left to begin their experiments with the eggs on Kreyfon, a planet steeped in the dark side of the Force. That planet was destroyed by the apprentice of Darth Plagueis.

More than thousand Darrin corpses were littering the hills near the valley. The volcano became active. It was the only active mountain in the region where a hot spot had once given birth to Mount Moniron. All other phenomena had been caused by the Dunai elder sensing the dark Force and hostile intent of the Rakata scouts. Lava-flows burried the Darrin corpses and the Rakata shuttle. The nesting ground was now a rock and crevasse streaked wilderness. A stream coming from mount Moniron was diverted for years to come and the large lake was filled with cooling lava.

But the last cool period in the history of Moniron had the glaciers on the mountains growing and the frequent volcanic action created new faults and streams gouging deep canyons in the former nesting ground.

Bones of the Darrin became exposed, debris was carried by the flowing water towards the lava covered valley. A murky lake began to form and the minerals – responsible for the suppression of the Force – were deposited on the shores.

Looking up he saw the large chrono and put the book back on the shelf. 'I have to get ready to go to that gloomy place.' He wheeled to the exit and headed to the large hangar where the air-speeder with callsign NH 40 was parked. It was a special air-speeder, modified for the collecting of draxin and could be cleaned easily. Durasteel containers were attached to the struts.

“We are early.”

Kaagi looked up to see Soron Adameh keeping up with him. “The Hospital squadron mischief boys are early too.” He wheeled into the ready room and saw Mick Kerebuy, his brother Jim, Alan Guyet and Beran Daranon busy with the suits.

“Good morning guys,” Mick greeted. “First this but when you come back to the decon...”

“It's fun for him.” Beran had a large plastform syringe in his hands.

“That again?” Soron began to doff his greens.

“He must have seen it in the Jedi-temple when I was having fun after giving initiates their shots.” Kaagi removed his shirt and tossed that to Mick. “Help me with suiting up and we are ready. And when we are back,” he pauzed for more impact “and no getting-me-wet fun we are invited by Jeruan Mouraha in his restaurant for a nice brikufruit pie.”

“Good to know.” Jim began to help Soron with the first layer of the suit, a formfitting – one way permeable – layer of synthrubber. “We have ER-duty after seeing you gone.”

“Don't eat all the pies.” Mick was fitting Kaagi with a diaper and urine-collector. “Alan and I like those too.”

“He will make enough pies for all of us.” Soron began to guide his head through the seal of the first layer of the suit.

“He will.” Alan closed the zipper in the back.

The next layer with cooling tubes was easy to don with the cooling unit around the middle and the third layer had a zipper in the back and a ring to attach the helmet. Gloves were attached to the rings, the helmet was guided over Soron's head, the hose of an air-tank was connected to the helmet and Soron was ready to go. He sat down on a comfortable couch and waited for Kaagi to get ready.

“Air check.” Jim had connected the test-unit.

Soron felt the pressure inside.

“The suit is airtight.” Jim observed the controls. “Coms check. One, two three test.”

“One, two, three test.” Soron repeated.

“Kaagi's suit is OK.” Mick had helped Kaagi.

Another coms check followed.

“Ready to go.” Beran disconnected the test-unit.

Kaagi stood up helped by Mick and Beran and sat down in his wheelchair. He accepted the air-tank from Mick who began to guide him in the hangar where the air-speeder was parked. Helped by Jay he settled down behind the controls and connected a hose from the large air-supply tank to his suit to provide him with air until he was at his destination where he had to use his air-tank that was placed next to him. “Thanks Mick, see you at decon.” He waited for Soron to take the passenger-seat. He activated his com. “Soron test one two three reply.”

“Kaagi one two three OK.” Soron gave a thumbs up.

Kaagi held up his right hand. With his left he fired up the engine, guided the air-speeder out and activated his com. “Hello guys at dispatch. Good-morning the draxin-express is leaving on an errand to the darrin valley.”

Kaagi, the coordinates are 78.549 dash 375.682.

“Ah yes dispatch. NH 40 on errand to to collect draxin. That's OK?”

Dispatch out.”

Kaagi steered the air-speeder up towards the mountain range. Mount Moniron was visible in the distance. And he felt the Force diminishing when he passed the dormant volcano and saw the darrin valley in the distance.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    4. Single Sentence Shot Put: A story told in a single sentence about your character, family, friendship or couple.

Timeframe 83 ABY

No Force?

The Force was muted, even absent for the two Dunai elder when the airspeeder with callsign NH 40 touched down near the edge of a murky lake with stunted trees and succulents with pink flowers and purple seed-pods.

5. 110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, family, friendship or couple aren’t mentioned

Timeframe 83 ABY

Nasty lava-glass

“Here we go again.” A hose was uncoupled from the large air-supply tank in the back of the air-speeder.

“Let me help you.”

“Thanks.” Fully isolated and connected with a safety rope to the air-speeder the man entered the water of the murky lake taking the first of the sacks to be filled with the draxin-minerals. He collected and collected and guided the sacks up to his colleague who stored them in the durasteel container. The last sack was almost full when he saw a promising rock. He tugged.

A piece of lava-glass dislodged and cut through the three layered suit on his right thigh.

“Ooww.”

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    6. 100 Word Sprint: A 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme

Timeframe 83 ABY

Rescue

“Kaagi!” Soron tugged at the safety rope and had his friend on the shore to see the pain filled eyes behind the clearplast faceplate of the helmet.

“Help me in. We can leave and I can controll it. A piece of lava-glass messed with my thigh.”

Soron helped Kaagi in the air-speeder, secured the last sack in the durasteel container and sat down on the passenger seat.

Guiding the air-speeder up and leaving the darrin-valley, Kaagi felt the Force returning. He activated his com in the helmet. “Draxin express is returning. My right thigh needs care and sutures.”

7. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Quite a journey for Soron and Kaagi as they try to procure the draxin.

8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    All stories fit nicely into one another like puzzle peace into a puzzle. And the puzzle pieces are connected by the Force and solid story telling.

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    It is and never easy
    Thank you and you are a great storyteller too

7. 400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character, couple, family or friendship with any theme

Contamination?

Kaagi guided the airspeeder through the open door inside the rectangular box of the decon-unit. “Draxin expedition 41 has come to an end.” He powered down the air-speeder. His right thigh wounded by a piece of lava-glass that had pierced his three-layered suit was beginning to hurt.

The door closed. A droid took care of the durasteel container with the draxin-minerals taking it to the automated processing unit.

“I will help you.” Soron left the passenger-seat and strapped his air-tank on his back. He took Kaagi's wheelchair and guided it to Kaagi. He helped him to sit and placed the air-tank in his lap after disconnecting it from the large unit in the air-speeder.

The two doctors headed to the back-door of the box. A deluge of water started showering men and airspeeder for ten minutes until a green light showed.

Kaagi observed his thigh when Soron guided him through the back-door for the next shower.

The shower started automatically and ended.

“Now we have to see if this piece of rock has done more harm than is shown.” Kaagi saw blood oozing from the wound.

“Ivano Arvedai and Lionel Keranan will help you.” Soron saw two faces behind the round glass in the next door. He opened the door and guided Kaagi out.

Lionel – wearing a bright orange decon suit and with his face covered by a mask – took the guidance bar of the wheelchair.

Ivano Arvedai – dressed the same – passed a scanner over Kaagi. “No draxin on the outside. He is clean. And there is the doctor to make nice stitches.”

“Sutures battalion chief Arvedai.” Mick Kerebuy indicated the wound. “It will hurt but we have to get a clean working area.” He took his trauma-scissors and began to cut away the suit around the thigh. He sprayed sterilex on the leg and sutured the wound. “Now removal of the rest of your suit and we are good to go to the hospital for your check-up.”

“Get it done guys. Destroy the rest of my useless suit.” Kaagi held his arms up and was taken by Lionel in a firm grip.

The suit was soon in pieces lying on the floor.

“No clothes.” Kaagi – his dignity covered by a large towel – was guided down in his wheelchair. Following Mick he wheeled outside to the waiting air-speeder.

10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Ominous dream about the volcano erupting and the cities being gone. Glad it was a dream. Great action with the draxin extraction.

11. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    At least they made it back. :D

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Kaagi and Soron are the only ones to go on those expeditions
    at what cost?

8. Prime Time Coverage: 500+ words of action, adventure, or excitement with your chosen character, friendship, family or couple as the star.

Treatment

“In you go.” Mick opened the passenger door of his air-speeder, a bright blue and yellow striped one with a number 1 on the sides and roof. “And you don't want this?” He held up the large bag containing Kaagi's clothes and brace.

“No destruction of those.” Kaagi held on to his large towel, used his good leg to hop inside and saw Mick stashing his wheelchair and the bag before sitting down at the controls. And he felt the nausea coming and swallowed.

“Don't soil my star-fighter.”

“It is coloured the same as the Eta Actis you flew during the clone wars but it's not a star-fighter commander Kerebuy.” Kaagi had a small smile on his face. Mick was beginning to distract him.

“No Jedi-master Adin but it's guiding us to our destination with great speed.”

“And don't vape those droids. They are delivering meals to go.”

“Oops. Missed that one.”

“Use the Force commander.”

“I will try.”

“Do or don't. No try.”

“I will do Jedi-knight Adin.”

“Great you are doing padawan Kerebuy.”

“Yes initiate Adin. Coming to the hospital we are now.”

“Yoda Kerebuy hurry.” Kaagi swallowed again and gave a sigh when the air-speeder touched down on the grass in front of the ER-entrance.

“Use the Force master Adin.” Mick had the wheelchair before Kaagi.

Kaagi stood up using his good leg and lost control over his stomach and the towel. He heaved and a little bit of vomit escaped.

“Easy Kaagi.” Mick helped Kaagi to sit down and covered him with the towel. “Up to the ER and a test of your midi's.”

- - -

“You have enough dead midichlorians to have you on midillamin treatment.” Mick had analyzed the blood-sample after he had guided Kaagi in one of the ER-treatment rooms. “But one bag will be enough this time.”

“Get me sedated and on hypothermia treatment. I don't want to endure a week or more of nausea. It happened the last time when we had the large contamination in our hangar leading to six men – including Soron and me – enduring the treatment. I didn't want the sedation and was nauseous for three weeks.”

“I know. We had escape-guy Arvedai here after he rescued Soron. I told him about the contamination and he wanted sedation. Jago Amaral was his sleepdoctor.”

“And Arvedai was kept here by Erdin Felaron. Each day I saw him coming to the room next to mine. Arvedai was released after ten days. They were gone and I was still feeling very sick. Four days is enough for me.”

“I will see who is in the ready-room.” Mick left the room and returned with Jago Amaral and Kevin Kaol guiding a bed inside that was covered by a black sheet.

“We are here to help you.” Kevin had the bed next to Kaagi, helped him to lie down and covered him with another black sheet.

“Icky but I know it's gone with the rest of the thingies when I am awake again.”

“Have a speedy recovery.” Mick patted Kaagi on his left shoulder when Jago and Kevin began to guide the bed outside.

Kaagi saw the tiles of the ER and more tiles and non blinding lights when he was guided towards the IC and to a stop in one of the rooms with a nice view on a garden.

“Trouble coming.” Kaagi saw Jago hooking up a bag with a sickly green liquid next to a bag with IV-saline and a bag with prop A.

“It is and I will be there to wake you.” Jago fitted Kaagi with monitoring patches, a BP-cuff, pulse-OX-meter, an IV-set and connected the saline and prop A bags.

“I am ready Jago.” Kevin had the mask from the anesthesia-unit and placed that on Kaagi's face.

Jago opened the tap. “You know what's coming now and by the way your airshow is very nice to keep your patients distracted and unaware that they. He is under.” Jago saw eyes closing.

Kevin removed the mask.

Jago had the tube in and connected to the unit. “We can start the treatment. Help me with the lower life-support before we begin with lowering his temperature.”

- - -

Soron was observing Kaagi. He had hurried to the IC-ward after parking NH 40 in the hangar and saw Jago coming into the room with a tray. “And?”

“Only one bag and in 24 hours I will guide him out of the sedation after removing all the thingies.” Jago took a sample from the waste bag and placed that on his tray. A bloodsample was taken from the IV-tap. “Only the IV will stay.”

“Kaagi and his thingies. He will love that. I have brought his destroyed suit to the examiners and hope that they will come to a solution to improve it.”

“I am sure with Danil Reed leading the team.” Jago left the room with his tray.

Soron sat down. “Next time no contamination Kaagi.”

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent that there is treatment and help after

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    there is and he will recover

9. 200 Freestyle: A 200 word story about your character, family, friendship or couple with a free choice of any theme.

Recovery

No more nausea for Kaagi. The dead midichlorians and the midillamin had left his body. He had enjoyed the full meal ending with the brikufruit pie. It had been a harrowing three days for him after being guided out of the sedation by Jago Amaral. The only relief after seeing Jago was that there were no more thingies attached to him. Only the IV stayed and was still there.

His eyes drifted towards the nightstand where a book was. It was a copy of the book Anjii el unwari. Kevin Kaol had given it to him after he could leave the IC and settle in medium care room number nine. He had told Kevin about the scary dream he had before he went on the mission to collect draxin. That had been yesterday.

Today Mick had visited him and inspected the right thigh. The wound was healing nicely and suture-removal was planned for the next week. Mick had promised that he could be released after a full meal stayed inside and a visit to the fresher had him producing. He had done that after donning his brace and limping towards the fresher. He waited and heard footsteps in the corridor.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent to see definite signs of recovery

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and he is recovered in the last entry finishing the decathlon

10. 4x100 Relay: 4x100 words on the four types of love (affection, intimacy, friendship, and charity) as experienced by your character, family, friendship or couple in one post.

Released.

Friendship

Kaagi waited.

A man clad in greens entered.

It was his friend Mick Kerebuy coming in with a big smile. He had known Mick since the tour of duty in the New Holstice grand hospital during the clone wars.

“You are good to go I see.” Mick removed the IV and placed a bandaid with a picture of a starfighter on the hand.

“That again.” Kaagi left his bed and sat down in his wheelchair and picked up his book.

“Anjii el unwari? That was the book where you found the clue to rescue Aaqu and Marhin.”

Affection

“The healer in that book showed great affection when he saw the son of his bitter enemy struggling for his life.” Kaagi wheeled to the exit.

“The boss of that healer even more.”Mick followed. “He became one with the eternity after succumbing to the deadly eiaa. The healer survived thanks to his suit and could save Dagnir.”

“Dagnir and Sorana married and united the Dunai elder tribes.” Kaagi halted before Mick's air-speeder and hopped on the passenger-seat with his book.

“Home Kaagi.” Mick stashed the wheelchair and activated the controls. “You are not cleared for duty.”

Intimacy

Skimming the waves and beach, zooming past trees and roofs, Mick guided the air-speeder down in front of the cottage. “I see you in five days to remove the sutures.” He helped Kaagi with his wheelchair. “And there she is, your Adin-sitter.”

Kaagi had seen his wife each day after his wake up in the IC. “Aranella.”

Aranella ran to him and kissed him on both cheeks and after savouring a long kiss on the mouth she saw the hand and laughed “Mick did it again?”

“It's still commander Kerebuy with a great love for fast starfighters and fun.”

Charity

Kaagi saw his friend Mick guiding the air-speeder up and zooming over the cottage. He wheeled to the opening door. “I expect more fun when he removes the sutures.”

“But first you have me, your Adin-sitter. Rest you need and...”

Pwieetprrppooopprrt.

“Beesie silence.”

“Your astromech missed you I think.” Aranella headed to the living room.

“Nah.” Kaagi entered the cottage after her and saw the fluffy orange Beesie-toy on the floor. “And I have a great idea. We will get more Beesies for the children in the hospital. Seeing Beesie started the mission and ended it.”

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great bit of history and nice homecoming to Aranella

18. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Thank you again for reading and comments.
    Adding a bonus with poetry

Bonus: Water Polo Poetry: a piece of poetry written in any style about your character, couple, family, friendship, etc.

Snuggled in his bed with Aranella Kaagi smiled
    Remembering the book
    Anjii el unwari

Remembering the words
    Spoken by Aranella
    Spoken by him

Ghenesin tree planted for the eternity
    Nenya flower and gwalion flower
    White like the eternal soul
    White like the eternal spirit
    Eternity forever
    Forever friends