main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Star Wars: The Bad Batch Series Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sable_Hart, Jul 13, 2020.

1. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Scorch!! Gregor! Wonder where the rest of Delta is?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
    Contessa, Dawud786, Slater and 4 others like this.
  2. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    I'm beginning to suspect that we'll find out why there were no Kaminoans in the Original Trilogy. I suspect they will go the same way as the Geonosians.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Ok, this episode i enjoy very mutch, seeing Gregor again i had the feeling it would be him or Wolfe, And ii love how he's already little cracked. Nice cameo by Stryder/Rex again, Seems he in his own kinda trouble. We will see him in next episode. I liked the new planet, a hidden imperial base in outer rim, nice. We see the return of clone commando units, and easter egg of a known clone commando, nice. We see first batch of TK storm troopers, love the new design for them, good they using old strom troopers designs. Also i kinda tired of stunning now, just blast the canon fodder. Wrecker knows what im talking about.

Return to Kamino finally again and you get this feeling of dread for the kaminoans, almsot all the clone troopers and cadets are being shiped off elsewhere. The Empire has plans for the remaining clones and the kaminaons. Lama su says all the contracts been cancelled and unlike with the republic they can't continnue with other client, they be wiped out then. SO they prepare to leave but gets found out and the emprie takes Nala Sa and puts Lama Su in house arrest, he is not killed of screen, he a major movie and tv show character. Clone wars and rebels didn't kill of major characters off screen so i doubt Bad Batch does it too. When Felling Hunter is cought and reunites with Crosshair.

Barriss_Coffee, AusStig and Vialco like this.
  4. Loopy777

Loopy777 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 8, 2013
    For a minute there I thought the Bad Batch had stumbled across Mount Tantiss.

Daneira, MercenaryAce, Slater and 8 others like this.
  5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    crossed my mind as well.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  6. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Cool to see the transition from Clonetroopers to Stormtroopers tackled early on as when I first read that Clonetroopers were phased out after a year in source books, it's cool to see a story addressing it. Where the TK troopers armour based upon early Ralph McQuarrie production art for The Star Wars? It didn't look exactly like the classic Stormtrooper armour.

The Kamonians are going to end up rather messy, I feel. Too bad they didn't try to sell their wares to the Corporate Sector.

AusStig likes this.
  7. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    So is this the end of seeing Phase 2 Imperial Clone Troopers?

We know there were still clones serving the empire years after Bad Batch.

Perhaps they are all updated with proto Stormtrooper armor or are eventually updated when traditional stormtrooper armor is invented.

I’m hoping we still see some Bad Batch vs Phase 2 armored Clones.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  8. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Looks like the clones are gone. Except for the commandos.

Interesting that the clone commandos seemed to beat the bad batch a bit there. I guess they are the the 'Super Battle droids' here.

I also think the PM is dead.

JediFett10 likes this.
  9. son_of_skywalker03

son_of_skywalker03 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 7, 2003
    I liked the use of the music from the Death Star escape. Gave the moment a feel of the prequels era coming to a close that much more.

AusStig, Slater, Dawud786 and 5 others like this.
  10. Nom von Anor

Nom von Anor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2012
    Really liked this episode. Nice to see Gregor already acting a bit crazy. And Lama Su is a Kaminoan to the end - when cornered by Rampart, he doesn't even panic or show much of any other emotion. He's like, "oh, too bad, guess I'll die now or something". And I loved that Gonky got to be useful!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  11. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    yeah, that was McQuarrie early concept stormtrooper armor. Loved it. My kids were noticing the similarities with First Order armor as well as the cadet helmets from Rebels. I said, "yeah. Ralph McQuarrie's work is always being reused and repurposed and reinterpreted."

Loved seeing Scorch btw.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So the clones are now outnumbered 20-1if we apply this number out that means there are something like 200 million stormtroopers that’s a number that makes way more sense than the clones 5 million.

13. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    The last episodes I watched were the Ryloth centered ones, and I loved seeing Hera and Chopper again. I was a little surprised by the naming choice of Hera's mom- Eleni? Why didn't they just go with Rhea, who was Hera's mother in Greek mythology?

14. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    There were some weird things in the latest episode. Like... opposite the direction the old EU was taking:
    Delta Squad has completely drunk the coolaid and is imposing the Empire's new scheme. I thought that was my imagination it was them, until I came online and saw yup, that was really them. I assume their inhibitor chips work then?

And the Kaminoan scientist is a) noble and b) gets away alive. What must Karen Traviss be thinking? This is seriously Opposite Day in so many ways.

Well then this leaves us with the unfortunate inference that Kanan was something of a Zeus..........

15. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

makes sense. Empire wants quantity over quality

recruit 200 million in a week then a 4-6 week basis training course then out u go to oppress the Galaxy

I like it when it goes in a opposite direction makes canon more distinct from legends

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Karen Traviss is probably in full Alan Moore mode these days when it comes to Star Wars.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope most canon works goes in opesite direction then legends, did.

Sarge likes this.
  18. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    she must be spinning, um on her chair I guess. Remember when she left star wars over tcw mandos?

Ghost and son_of_skywalker03 like this.
  19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder how many recruits they already got troughout the galaxy now, 1-2 millions?

20. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    It depends on the size of the galaxy. If the Core worlds have populations similar to earth they could have upwards of 20 million (say 2 million from 10 worlds)

Well for the Sequel it kind of did, Chewie alive when everyone else is dead, action hero saves the day.

I do like that they are (mostly) showing the Empire as bad though.

21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Yeah but she's not a Wizard.....Yet.

Funny enough I would say they have brought some of her lore back when it come to Mandalorians it just doesn't come of as well....As overly praising of them.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2021
    Dream-Thinker likes this.
  22. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Mmmm I don't see it that way Jid. It's more complicated than that. I'm not going down a Karen (heh) vs the Disneyverse debate, but I brought up those two examples for different reasons:

If you read her books Jid, you'll find she's pretty negative toward aliens. She never came out in an interview saying she disliked them, and fans don't point it out much, but I found it annoying because the aliens are my favorite part of Star Wars. Regarding the Kaminoans, she absolutely hated them. She wrote them as villains across the board using humans as slaves and for profit. There was a female Kaminoan scientist in particular she used as the major heartless nemesis, who resembles Nala Se in many ways. Except Nala Se proves not all Kaminoans are so bad.

As for Delta, they were the beacon of independent thinking in Traviss's books. She never got to Imperial Commando but it seemed they were headed for an inevitable split with the Empire so they could join the Mandos. That's about as far as you can get from what's happening in Bad Batch. And the Mandos don't even act anything similar. I doubt most clones besides Boba care what a Mandalore is.

darthcaedus1138 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well everything i've heard about Karen was that she had...quite interesting takes on Star Wars to say the least.

Many I don't think I would agree with but interesting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2021
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    The Empire being shown as the true evil is good, makes us feel bad for all their victims.

Sarge and Dream-Thinker like this.
  25. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Once again in this episode (War-Mantle) we have a character referred to as an "old friend" despite never having met on-screen prior. Not really a problem, but it makes the surprising lack of clone content in TCW more noticeable when so much set-up happens off-screen.