main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Animal lover. Olympics pentathlon with Qui-gon Jinn and friends

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Aug 1, 2021.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Animal lover.

Author: Earlybird-obi-wan

Timeframe: Legends: before
    Genre: A variety.
    Characters: Qui-Gon Jinn (9), Mace Windu (8), Jocasta Nu, Yoda, and OC's Serinka, Benno Perion (9) and others

Time frame: 84 bby
    Summary: Qui-Gon's love for animals leads to trouble in the archives and more.

1: 110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, couple, family, or friendship aren’t mentioned.

2: 400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character, couple, family or friendship with any theme.

3: 100 Word Sprint: A 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme.

4: Single Sentence Shot Put: A story told in a single sentence about your character, family, friendship or couple.

5: Prime Time Coverage: 500+ words of action, adventure, or excitement with your chosen character, family, friendship or couple as the star.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, couple, family, or friendship aren’t mentioned.

He saw the furry rodent – known as a rockhound and as large as a pittin – during a visit to a shopping centre. He was there with five initates and their crèche-master. He picked it up and it began to make cooing sounds and he hid it in his tunics. After returning to his room he showed it to his friends. One was delighted and the other liked it but only a bit.

He made a nest for it in an empty tool-box with an old blanket he had found in one of the closets. The rockhound made soft sounds and rolled itself in a ball and fell asleep.

3. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I think his furry friend is going to cause some trouble.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    big trouble for some

400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character, couple, family or friendship with any theme.

Mace Windu was slowly waking up and heard small sounds, in fact he heard a lot of small sounds. He looked at the chrono and it was early, very early and it was no time to wake up at all. The sound was coming from the toolbox. He walked annoyed to the purring toolbox and looked inside. He counted loudly “1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, SEVEN PESTS” and hollered “Jinn that beast of you had multiplied itself.” Mace examined the nest carefully and started to whimper “that was my blanket and now it is dirty.” He got the toolbox and decided to clean his blanket. He banged the door shut and walked to the laundry.

Qui-Gon startled awake by the slamming door and fell out of his bed with the covers flying every which way. He had heard Mace’s yelling and muttering and thought he was dreaming.

Benno asked “where is Mace going to?”

“To the laundry-room and that in the middle of the night.”

“Let’s follow him before he does something stupid.”

- - -

Mace had entered the laundry-room and carried the toolbox to a pile of laundry. He upended it and removed his blanket. The rockhound mother hissed and snarled at him and after scaring him away she made a nest in the laundry.

Mace cleaned his blanket in a tub and was just finishing it when Qui-Gon and Benno entered the room.

“This was mine and I have cleaned it.” Mace pointed at his blanket.

Qui-Gon asked “where is the rockhound?”

“She was very angry at me and now she and six others are sleeping in the laundry.”

“Six others?” Benno enquired.

“I thought I was dreaming of a countdown for a game.”

“That rockhound was pregnant and has six younglings and she doesn’t like to be disturbed at all.”

“Let’s go back and come back tomorrow,” Benno said.

“Good idea,” Qui-Gon agreed.

“Good riddance.” Mace followed with his blanket.

- - -

Next morning the three initiates entered the laundry-room where a furious master Errolls was yelling to the Jedi on duty “who dared to use my clothes as a nest for that pest.”

Said pest was scurrying away her last cub into one of the ducts and snarled and hissed visciously when the laundry-chief tried to grab her.

Errolls turned on his heels.

“I did it.” Mace whimpered.

5. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Are we sure it isn't a tribble?[face_thinking] Loved this one. =D=

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I liked Qui-Gon finding the rock hound but uh-oh! It was pregnant and Mace taking it to the laundry led to all kinds of mischief.

7. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I understood that reference! [face_laugh]

8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Tribbles, I loved those pests on the Enterprise but these rockhounds are inspired by rabbits, mice and cats
    It will cause more trouble
    It isn't but will be a pest of Nu

100 Word Sprint: A 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme.

Master Errolls contacted the master of the crèche and soon a tap tap sound was heard.

“Hmm trouble your laundry gives you again? Tsk tsk Master Errolls, not leave it alone you should.” Master Yoda looked from the Jedi-knight towards the three initiates with a smile.

“Mace Windu made a mess of my laundry and he confessed.” Master Errols pointed at Mace.

“Little animal caused it. Qui-Gon lover of animals he is.”

“Yes it was my rockhound.” Qui-Gon agreed.

“Qui-Gon, Benno help clean and repair the clothes you will. Help you with it I will.”

9. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great seeing Yoda pitch in and not scold. He knows the cleanup is punishment enough LOL

11. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Fun stuff. With Qui-Gon and his pals. Liked it very much. [face_laugh]

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    And he will help more after the next part that's ending with a cliffie
    Yes but more to come
    It is fun to write those three initiates

Single Sentence Shot Put: A story told in a single sentence about your character, family, friendship or couple.

The morning was spent with repairing and cleaning the clothes and master Errolls was pleased with the result and the rockhound was somewhere else causing more trouble.

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Nice results in the laundry but the rock hound is still causing mischief probably having more babies [face_laugh]

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    The morning was spent with repairing and cleaning the clothes and master Errolls was pleased with the result and the rockhound was somewhere else causing more trouble.

I detect evil in the air... :eek:[face_plain];)[face_laugh]

15. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Can't wait to find out what the "more trouble" turns out to be. :p

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    not more babies but trouble and inspiring more
    sure for a certain Jedi
    It is revealed in the final post completing the pentathlon with

Prime Time Coverage: 500+ words of action, adventure, or excitement with your chosen character, family, friendship or couple as the star.

The rockhound was cause for another disaster in the archives.
    Ductcrawling was natural for her and she needed a new nest.
    A tiny hole in one of the opening grates was all she needed. She scurried out and collected her belongings and chewed them to bits and pieces. More were added and she went to get her offspring.
    Soon all six of them were crawling around in their new nest and mother rockhound went to hunt for food.

- - -

Qui-Gon was waking up and decided to wake Benno and Mace with a pillowfight. He used the Force to tug at their pillows and they floated to his bed. Covers floated to the floor and the first one to notice this was Mace.

“Aach, brr, I’m cold in here. Jinn give me back my covers.”

“Here they come.” With a Force push two pillows and two covers buried a sputtering Mace.

Beneath the covers a muffled muttering “this means WAR” was heard and the covers and pillows went sailing again. Caught up in the floating mess was however a more solid object: an alarmclock. It went sailing through the open door into the common-room and crashed against a ventilator-grating.

The crèche assistant Moari Junila had just placed a stack of pancakes on the table when she heard the ruckus coming from the bedroom of the three initiates. She went into that room. “Benno, Qui-Gon, Mace stop it immediately and get dressed. Breakfast is ready.”

Benno opened his sleepy eyes and found his bed missing everything but the sheet he was lying on. He heard the last “eakfast is ready.” He jumped out of bed. He was always in for a good breakfast and the sweet smell of pancakes wafted up his nose.

Three initiates dressed and went to the common-room and saw a familiar creature scurrying away with the last bit of an eaten pancake

- - -

“Eeek, look this pancake has holes in it” Mace grumbled.

“Tastes the same.” Benno didn't mind and grabbed another.

“Like them, grind them to little pieces and eat them.” Qui-Gon took a pancake.

- - -

In the archives another creature was doing the same and her younglings were nursed by her.

Jedi Knight Jocasta Nu entered the archives and she smelled something. She walked towards an archivebox. She peeked in yelling “ooh noooh, who is wrecking my archives!”

- - -

“Pancakes, it would be nice if we could make them ourselves.” Benno had eaten another. “They are delicious and crèche assistant Moari only makes them once a week.”

“I agree with you Benno and maybe we should ask our crèche-master about it.” Qui-Gon nodded.

Tap Tap Tap, a sound was heard in the corridor and master Yoda entered the crèche.

“Goodmorning master Yoda.”

Benno asked “master Yoda can you help us. We” and he pointed to Mace and Qui-Gon “love pancakes and we like to make them ourselves. Can you teach us?”

Yoda was quite amused by this request of three initiates with an initiative. “Go to the large temple-kitchen; learn to make pancakes we will.”

Mace, Qui-Gon and Benno followed him and Yoda was soon instructing them how to make the batter.

Mace tasted it and with a delightful look on his face he grabbed a spoon and began to eat more.

“You have to bake them before you eat them Mace.” Benno took the bowl.

“But this batter is delicious,” Mace said.

Qui-Gon tasted it. “Yuck, I prefer my pancakes baked.”

Serinka the cook was preparing a pan with butter and asked “who wants to make the first one?”

“Demonstrate this I will, pancakes of Serinka end in ventilation-shaft, never learn to turn them he has.”

Yoda demonstrated how to bake a pancake and soon Benno, Qui-Gon and Mace got the hang of it and the end result was a stack of pancakes.

“We should give one of them to the rockhounds.” Benno was thinking about them.

“If we can find her and her six younglings.” Qui-Gon agreed.

“I don’t want to find that rockhound. It’s a disaster!” Mace shook his head.

Jocasta Nu chose that moment to enter the restaurant for breakfast and heard Mace. She turned to master Yoda. “I know where those rockhounds are. They are wrecking my archives. They are even worse than bookworms.”

“Help with rockhounds we will.” Jocasta Nu, Mace, Qui-Gon and Benno followed master Yoda to the archives.

Jocasta pointed towards the archivebox and Yoda used the Force to secure the entire box in a cage. He contacted a Coruscant children farm and they took care of the animals.

Jocasta gave a relieved sigh. “Only one year of senate-recordings lost. And I can ask for a new copy.”

When Qui-Gon, Benno and Mace were back at the crèche Mace asked “what are bookworms?”

Benno replied - thinking of a new prank - “they are delicious.”

- - -

Benno was making bookworms, big bookworms, each a centimetre long. He had searched in the databank of the archive what they really were and was smiling. Bookworms were small wriggling creatures with a silvery skin and two antennas. They wrecked archives because their main dish was paper. Benno made his bookworms out of mashed cat-food which he kneaded into a form of a bookworm. Silver coloured foil was wrapped around it and two pieces of iron wire were added and the worm was ready. It was put in a bag were 6 others were already waiting.

Qui-Gon was watching this. “How do we get them in the salad of Jocasta Nu?”

“Using this duct. It is leading to the restaurant where Jocasta Nu is having her lunch today.”

“But there are many restaurants in the temple. How do you know she will go to this restaurant?”

“Mace is in the archives and will ask Jocasta to accompany him to this restaurant. And he is our distraction. Come it is time to go.” Benno crawled into the duct followed by Qui-Gon. The duct led to the restaurant and one of its openings was above the food counter.

They waited until a beep from Benno’s comlink alerted them that Mace and Jocasta were entering the restaurant. A salad was placed on Jocasta’s tray and Mace began to talk excitedly about what he had learned from her. The salad was left unattended for a second and in went the bookworms.

“Time to go to the restaurant” Benno whispered and they crawled towards an exit just outside the restaurant.

Two innocent looking initiates entered the restaurant and walked towards their roommate.

Jocasta Nu was looking at her salad with a disgusting look on her face. “I have never known that bookworms can grow so big.”

Mace asked “what are bookworms?”

Jocasta pointed at the silver creatures in her salad. “These things, they can wreck an entire archive in no time because they multiply like rodents.”

Mace asked “can you eat them?”

“No and my salad is ruined by them.” She walked towards the counter with her salad. “How did those bookworms end up in my salad?”

“They could have fallen out of that duct.” Serinka pointed upwards.

Jocasta got a frightened look on her face. “They can be everywhere in the temple. I have to tell the council about it.”

Serinka had examined the salad and was hiccupping from laughter. “You have been pranked. They are not real. It’s catfood surrounded by metal foil.”

Three initiates were hollering with laughter when Serinka removed the bookworms and placed them on a plate and gave a new salad to Jocasta Nu.

“No wriggling creatures Benno.” Qui-Gon peeked inside the bowl.

“Get away from my salad.” Jocasta Nu took the bowl.

“You know he is an animal lover.” Mace said.

Master Yoda entered and walked to the initiates. “Come with me cooking lesson is about to begin.”

They followed master Yoda towards the large templekitchen.

FIN

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Great pranking and yummy pancakes =D=

18. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Great work! That little rockhound sure caused a lot of mischief, LOL. I don't think poor Mace is too fond of the disorder that animals can bring. Qui-Gon rolls with it a lot better.

I'm right there with ya, Mace. :p

I liked how Yoda was hands-on with teaching. Pancakes sound good right now.

19. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Fun story with children being children, certain Jedi masters being simply themselves and yummy pancakes. [:D]

20. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    I can totally see Qui-Gon as an animal-person! And baked pancakes? I agree with him there, anything baked is better :D

21. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    What's the saying -- "No good deed goes unpunished?" Qui-Gon tries to be nice to a furry critter and gives it a home, and look what happens. :D

The stories are cute and funny, with little real harm done (although part of me hopes Jocasta Nu comes up with a really good pay-back scheme after that salad trick.... [face_devil] )

Also, I'm glad you mentioned pancakes -- our local pancake restaurant is about to start offering pumpkin pancakes for autumn, and I need to get that on the calendar....

But overall, a nice, light-hearted set of stories. Perfect for summer reading.

22. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    It makes perfect sense that Qui is an animal person. :D Wonderful stories. And now I'm off to make pancakes. =D=

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    I had great fun writing this
    Younglings causing mischief is nice to write about
    And we know what they became
    Qui-Gon sure is loving all life-forms and baked? My brother is a dough-lover
    Pranking Nu is fun
    And pancakes. I love them too and my father could make the little fluffy ones with apples and raisins

Thanks all for the nice replies