main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V AHSOKA Lit Thread - All Spoilers Under TAGs!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Zorkel567, Dec 10, 2020.

1. JediBatman

JediBatman Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2015
    There are a couple of mitigating factors here. There's sometimes a difference between actor age and character age. (Luke Skywalker was around 20 when Mark Hamill was 26). They could have Barris been frozen in carbonite, or say that Mirilians age slowly like an efl or Vulcan.

But yes overall it seems more likely that it's actually Sabine.

AusStig likes this.
  2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    What if like Kix she was frozen and when we see her again she's still 16-17 years old?

3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    I mean, if they're really doing a re-imagining of the first Thrawn trilogy and have him attacking the New Republic, I don't see Leia NOT getting involved. Especially if they're exploring the political aspect of the early post-RotJ era in Rangers.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think a loose adaptation is most likley with new canon characters taking over the legends ones, like Boba, Din and Ahsoka, Ezra even with Thrawn. I can See Leia, like Luke having some role, but other characters will have the forefront.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  5. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah, honestly it is hard to see them doing "the Thrawn Trilogy" in any but the vaguest sense of "Thrawn does something other characters don't like and there is a fight."

I mean, Ruhk is already dead, and he was a key part of the story. For that matter, Palleon has been a Thrawn ally for years in canon whereas they only just met in legends, Mara Jade would be awkward at best to fit in, as would Jorous C'both and his whole kidnapping the Solo twins plotline which is kind of crucial to how the overall trilogy plays out so on and etc.

Heck, I am not even sure Thrawn is still imperial in canon, since his operation in the Mandalorian is devoid of any traditional imperial iconography or elements.

Barriss_Coffee and Sinrebirth like this.
  6. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    You obviously can't do a somewhat close recreation of the Thrawn Trilogy, but some of the basic concepts would still be possible. E.g. Thrawn uniting bickering Imperial remnants into a cohesive force and putting up a challenge to the New Republic that takes quite the effort to be repulsed would still work. Including quite a bit about the stuff he tries to pull off during the war.

I doubt that there is much of an interest in going beyond picking the occasional plot-point from that trilogy though, if even that.

7. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Well I mean, what makes Thrawn, Thrawn? (shameless plug for my own thread).

But I think if they wanted too they could take some stuff, mostly around the ships and maybe a crazy jedi clone in there (for Ashoka to fight).

I mean there were rumors Thrawn was working with Ezra (and a Rakata, which would be awesome) to fight some other threat.

8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Chiss military genius who uses art to understand his opponents and defeat them.

JediFett10 and AusStig like this.
  9. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Spoil sport. Does he still do the art thing in Rebels? (I know he LIKES art in Rebels, but I don't know if he still uses it to base is strategies on).

10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I mean he still uses art in some way, maybe not in the same extent TTT does but it's more or less the same in my view, military strategist, chiss and that sometimes involves art.

AusStig likes this.
  11. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    He still used art, though in the specific circumstances when it’s brought up as a process he used it in undermining the psychology of individuals rather than entire cultures.

Though that wider cultural understanding through art is alluded to both in-universe and out.

AusStig likes this.
  12. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I prefer the personal use (something I think he does in last command as well). Since that would give an insight into a person and is useful (i don't like how the art stuff leans into planet of the hats stuff).

Sarge likes this.
  13. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Honestly that's one of the reasons I think you don't necessarily need massive space battles for Thrawn

You can play more on him being a physchological villain to fight then a military one.

Reminds me of Lars Mikkelsten character in Sherlock Season 3

14. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Have you heard the casting rumors?

Also yes his character in s3 was great (more moriarty than moriarty).

15. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Well, no, because he used that psychoanalysis in the context military opposition. What Hera would do in battle, how she’d respond to different tactics etc

AusStig likes this.
  16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

;)

Knowing is Owning.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2021
    AusStig likes this.
  17. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I think he used it specifically against Ackbar or Garm Bel Iblis. I need to go over the trilogy again soon to refresh myself, and see what specifically they might draw from.

18. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    In Heir he does it as a racial thing (which I don't like), in Last Command, he uses it on art (I think) that Ackbar and Garm MADE.

19. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Yeah, and in Rebels it’s art personally made by Sabine and Hera(’s family). Though I think he does actually mention a couple of times art in the context of a broader cultural understanding. (I think specifically against Mandalorians with their reverance for Beskar too).

MercenaryAce likes this.
  20. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yes, that is very true.

(Well, there doesn't seem to be as much in the way of bickering warlords to unite - or at least all of them outside the proto-first order seem a lot weaker than in legends, since Gideon having a light cruiser is shocking to the heroes, so clearly they don't have fleets of star destroyers just lying around. But still, excellent points. )

Crazy jedi clone for Ahoska to fight? I have to admit I kind of ignored that aspect of the Thrawn trilogy, especially since jedi clones has seem to become something the fanbase dislikes since the Thrawn trilogy, but I suppose they probably want at least one enemy would can fight Ahsoka evenly one on one.

I am curious what Ezra's status is going to be, given that Thrawn's allies in the Mandalorians were pretty clearly villainous - it is hard to see Ezra signing off on that, even in the face of a greater threat (after all, he was willing to call out Saw for threatening innocents in the name of fighting the empire), but then again if they were opposed and Thrawn is making headway into the main galaxy then Ezra is probably in a bad spot.

Plus yeah - I wonder if we will get to see more of the Unknown Regions and its local factions in this show.

In all fairness, Thrawn did lose his fair share in the original Thrawn trilogy, so I am not sure "defeat them" is totally necessary

21. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    High-handed, chauvinistic, paternalistic, arrogant - C'Boath is a perfect villain for the present.

Nom von Anor and MercenaryAce like this.
  22. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I think Ren would make a lot of sense as a dark-side villain in this era. His backstory could be that he was taken for Project Harvester, until the Empire fell and he found the Knights of Ren. Maybe he ends up in a form of alliance with Thrawn, with his allegiance eventually transferring to Snoke.

He already exists, why not use him?

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
    Jid123Sheeve likes this.
  23. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I’d be all for Ren showing up again. Extra points if they can explain a connection-if any-to the Nihil.

It’ll be interesting, because I kind of get the gut feeling that it won’t just be the Thrawn Trilogy they draw from for inspiration. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s more of an amalagation of early post-RotJ stories.

Jid123Sheeve likes this.
  24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I'd be down for that. Also would elevate something from the Sequel Trilogy.

I mean wouldn't you argue that in a lot of way the Mandoverse is sorta the lets smush all the Post ROTJ Bantam Era stories into one big story in a way Rogue One was the "Lets steal the Death Star" story all in one?

We have Warlords
    Boba Fett Returning
    Luke doing Jedi Stuff
    New Republic still struggling
    etc etc etc

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2021
  25. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    We’ve got 3 (maybe 4) tv series to cover this period, so I think they could touch upon a lot of different stuff. Like, I don’t expect Kyp Durron and the Sun Crusher, but they might have a scene of Luke and Grogu meditating in the Yavin temples or something. Maybe a mention of Ysanne Isard or Zsinj as Imperials that are still wanted.

There’s a lot of material they could mine. And then have the backbone of the story by Thrawn and all that.

Jid123Sheeve likes this.