main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Archive disasters. For the Olympics pentathlon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jul 30, 2021.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Archive disasters.

Author: Earlybird-obi-wan

Timeframe: Legends: before
    Genre: A variety.
    Characters: Jocasta Nu, Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn, Mace Windu and OC's Shh-kir, Benno Perion, Kaagi Adin and others

Time frame: 84 bby
    Summary: Trouble in the archives and healers ward with three initates.

1: 110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, couple, family, or friendship aren’t mentioned.

2: 400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character, couple, family or friendship with any theme.

3: Single Sentence Shot Put: A story told in a single sentence about your character, family, friendship or couple.

4: 100 Word Sprint: A 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme.

5: Prime Time Coverage: 500+ words of action, adventure, or excitement with your chosen character, family, friendship or couple as the star

Last edited: Aug 9, 2021
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, couple, family, or friendship aren’t mentioned.

She had become a Knight 4 years ago and had seen some active duty on missions but her heart longed for the archives of the Temple. To read the stories of long ago, to conserve them, to record the origins of the Jedi, she loved it. She achieved to become a member of the council. She was an authorative looking woman with dark brown hair and was constantly rearranging the archives to make them better accessible. She designed new computer-programs. She researched everything about archiving. She needed only 5 hours of sleep every night. She became an authority on archives and the current archive director considered her as his replacement.

3. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Adding this to the Watched List because we so need more Jocasta Nu stories. :cool:

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent beginning with a wonderful introspection/character piece

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  5. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Yes please! Let's have more stories about our favorite badass librarian!

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    she will meet trouble
    That was Nu and it continues with
    bad things

400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character, couple, family or friendship with any theme.

Jocasta Nu asked reptilian Jediknight Shh-kir to bring the sorted disks to the vault.

Shh-kir was 175 years old, was big and from head to the tip of his tail three metres long, covered in spikey scales and because of that wore only a loincloth. Powerful legs ended in sharp claws and his hands were four-fingered claws.

The vault was in the basement of the Jeditemple at its most protected place and disaster-proof.

It could be reached by elevator or a great winding staircase.

Shh-kir was exiting the elevator and entered the stairwell and hall leading to the vault when he heard some yelling.

“Oops” Benno Perion tried to avoid colliding with the Jedi at the bottom of the banister but unable to slow his descent he hit Shh-kir with his feet first. Qui-Gon and Mace who had been close on his heels couldn’t stop either and the result was a tangled mess of arms, legs, bodies and a tail.

Ruined datadisks were scattered on the floor

Shh-kir disentangled himself and righted his body and feeling none the worse for wear took out his comlink and called the healers.

- - -

Crèche assistant Moari Junila hurried to the healer’s ward and was directed by the receptionist to room number 9.

She entered it and saw three initiates in medbeds.

Qui-Gon was lying with his leg elevated on a cushion.

Benno Perion leaned in the pillows behind his back and had his arm in a sling.

Mace sat upright in his bed and was smiling again.

Jediknight Kaagi Adin put the last band-aid on Mace’s leg.

Moari asked “What has happened to my charges?”

“They collided with old archivist Shh-kir and as he is big and tough and has a scaly spikey skin the three of them sustained some injuries. Qui-Gon has a badly sprained ankle, Benno a sprained wrist and Mace some bruises. They have to stay in the healer’s ward for a week and Qui-Gon and Benno need therapy after that.”

“I was the last to fly off the banister and landed on top of them,” Mace nodded.

“He means my arm, that’s were he ended upon.” Benno grumbled.

“And he pushed me from the back of Shh-kir and I fell on my leg.” Qui-Gon said.

“I think this is punishment enough for them but I will tell the crèche master of this.” Moari left.

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Collision with injuries :oops:

gizkaspice and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  8. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Good start. =D= I don't think I've ever read a story about Jocasta Nu. Looking forward to more. :D

9. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Great start and interesting introspection! I love that Jocasta Nu is both a badass librarian AND a badass Jedi so I"m absolutely looking forward to more entries about her (extra brownie points if she ends up kicking someone's butt for touching her books ;))

10. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Quoted for emphasis – because I feel that our younglings are going to be in more trouble than they bargained for. So far, a broken arm and bruises, OK. But wait until Jocasta Nu gets hold of them for ruining her datacards!

I very much enjoyed how you introduced her in the first entry, emphasising the importance of the archives for her. The old job really shines through!

11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    leading to more mischief
    she will be there but fiirst
    more will come
    or they helping her?

But recovery first
    Continuing with the story in:

Single Sentence Shot Put: A story told in a single sentence about your character, family, friendship or couple.

Master Yoda came to visit them in the afternoon and the 9 and 8 year olds got a lecture from him and the worst of it was that they had to go to the archives after their recovery and help Jediknight Jocasta Nu to retrieve the data on the ruined disks and that meant piles and piles of real paper to shift through.

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excelent bit of realistic consequences for ruining the data cards =D=

13. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    There are always consequences, Younglings!. =D=

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    but first the healing
    and always in for some fun

100 Word Sprint: A 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme.

A disaster it was, those three initiates in the healers ward.

The first day they were quite subdued and sleeping most of the time but the second day it started.

With breakfast.

Benno could use only one hand to cut his slices of bread and butter them. And after he put the jelly on them, it happened. It just flew away.

Mace used the Force to grab his bread-butter-jelly combination and was munching happily on it.

“Give back my bread. Make your own toast.”

Qui-Gon had been watching this and decided to help Benno.

A tug of war started.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    LOL Doesn't take long for the mischief to resurface

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more mischief completing this pentathlon

Prime Time Coverage: 500+ words of action, adventure, or excitement with your chosen character, family, friendship or couple as the star.

Mace didn’t want to give up his possessions.

Qui-Gon ended the tug of war and the result was a messy Mace covered with jelly and butter.

A nurse came in. After one look at the mess she called two other nurses. Each initiate was fed like a baby.

Qui-Gon and Benno shot daggers at Mace.

- - -

After breakfast a teacher came to visit them and gave lots of homework to keep them busy for the rest of their stay in the healer’s ward.

“All of it should be finished by the end of this week and I will examine It.” she warned them.

After she had gone Qui-Gon and Benno agreed to help each other. Mace – almost eight years old – had easy work to do and asked if Benno would help him.

Benno and Mace could leave their beds and were exploring the room.

“Here is the holoviewer, let’s watch it.” Mace turned it on. A music-show was on the air.

The DJ announced 'The Coruscant Keytones with the newest hit ‘Love potion number 9’ coming into Top Pop at number 7.

Do you love me?
    Do you want me?
    Do you need me?
    All I need is
    Love potion number 9

- - -

Mace loved it seeing those singing girls but the two nine year olds Qui-Gon and Benno looked with disinterest.

“All that screeching is bad for my ears.” Qui-Gon covered his ears.

“Hey we’re in room number 9.” Benno started to make the same moves as the girls on the holoviewer.

Qui-Gon started to sing “medroom number 9, medroom number 9, we can’t leave it, we are trapped, trapped in medroom number 9.”

Mace looked with a scowl on his face at his fellow-padawans and turned the holoviewer to another channel: holosoaps.

Qui-Gon and Benno were bored and went back to their studies.

- - -

Day three at room number 9 started with the usual breakfast and after that:

Therapy.

“I am Lojarani and I will give you therapy for your injuries.”

Lojarani was covered with brown fur and had black beady eyes. He had very big furry hands. He un-wrapped the bandage on Qui-Gon’s ankle and started to massage it.

“Hey you are tickling me, aarch stop it!” He tried to move his ankle away. The other hand was blocking that and Qui-Gon was getting desperate as Lojarani continued with his tickling massage.

Qui-Gon moved his other foot and it collided with the back of Lojarani.

Lojarani tried to brace himself and ended spread-eagled on the floor. He righted himself and exited the room with a scowl on his face, closing the door with a bang.

“Good job Jinn, now we can’t have therapy anymore.” Benno was smiling.

Qui-Gon started to sing “medroom number 9, medroom number 9, we want therapy, no more tickling.”

The door opened again and Kaagi Adin entered. “Don’t you like Lojarani’s tickling?”

Three initiates shouted “No, no more tickling today.”

“I will give you therapy.” Kaagi walked to Qui-Gon’s bed. He started the massage.

“This doesn’t hurt at all, you are very kind.” Qui-Gon smiled.

Benno Perion was next and Kaagi got the same response.

Master Aaqu who had come in to watch Kaagi, asked “Kaagi have you ever considered to become a therapist?”

“No, I am just a surgeon.”

Qui-Gon and Benno said in one voice “Master Kaagi, Master therapist, we will like that.”

For the next three days Qui-Gon and Benno got therapy from master Kaagi and Mace was released from the healer’s ward after the third day.

Qui-Gon and Benno could leave the healer’s ward after a week and the next day it started:

Working in the archives

- - -

Three initiates were guided by master Yoda to the great archives.

Benno, Qui-Gon and Mace were assigned to do some paper work in the archives to retrieve the data from the wrecked datadisks.

Each initiate got a large pile of paper to feed in the scanner and Shh-kir transferred the data again to data-disks. It was a boring job for all and Shh-kir fell soon asleep with his tail curled around his legs and body.

Qui-Gon saw a white piece of paper entering the scanner and when it came out he thought ‘why does it have to go in the archives?’ He picked it from the pile and began to fold it diagonally first and another until the end-result became visible. He picked up a pencil and wrote something on it and threw it to Benno.

The paper-plane flew to Benno who caught it. Benno started searching his pile too and soon white planes were flying everywhere until Mace joined the fray. Mace didn’t look for a white piece of paper but took the top-one of his stack and planes with text were added. Some of the planes landed on the spiky scales of Shh-kir and soon he was covered by them.

“He is a walking archive.” Qui-Gon observed.

Jedi Knight Jocasta Nu entered the archives and saw the disaster. “These are the recordings from the Jedi-council and they are valuable archive-material.”

Master Yoda was standing on the top of the stairs leading to the archives when he heard Knight Jocasta Nu yelling “Out of my archive, you’re three walking-archive-disasters.”

Qui-Gon, Benno and Mace started to whimper softly.

Yoda jumped atop of the banister and glided down and a short jump brought him in front of Jocasta Nu and the three initiates.

“What archive disaster do they create?”

“This, they are destroying recordings from the Council.” Jocasta Nu pointed at the sleeping Shh-kir.

Master Yoda walked to Shh-kir, grabbed one of the paper-planes and unfolded it. “Used it can be still to create record. Good work this is.” Picking another one he gave it a push and it flew away and landed with a graceful turn in Jocasta’s hair.

Three initiates were laughing again at that sight of a hair-bun with a decoration.

Jocasta Nu gave Master Yoda a stern look and asked “will you release these initiates from archive-duty?”

“Yes, released they are, guide them back to their room I will.” Yoda looked up for a moment with smiling eyes towards the hair-bun and guided the three initiates to the stairs.

Jocasta reached for her hair and took the paper plane, dishevelling it somewhat. “You are an archivist disaster.”

“Archivist disaster hmm? Archive disasters we are.”

Kahara likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] Singing, tickling and paper planes!

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  18. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
    Well, of course she will. Look at who she's dealing with.

Ah, the trials and tribulations of doing library work with younglings. I know it well. :D However, being able to make paper airplanes with the kids makes some of the trouble worth it. (Seriously -- Jocasta should try it some time. Use non-archive paper, though.) Despite the papers being valuable, I'm torn between "that's cute and funny" and "I'd hang all those kids up by their ankles for this" at seeing the airplanes stuck to Master Shh-kir like leaves on a porcupine. [face_laugh]

Still, the kids don't really mean any harm and yes, scanning data is boring work, so I understand. (Maybe only a couple of minutes each hung by their ankles, just to get the point across....) ;)

Looking at the adults these youngsters will become in the future, however, it appears that they are basically good kids who grow up to become good adults. It appears no permanent damage was done here.

An amusing set of tales. Quite enjoyable!

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Yes and being an ex-archivist I love to write about them