main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "Ponder the Question" Marvel's 'What If...?' [Disney+]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ahsoka's Tano, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I wouldn't read a comic that followed up on that tease.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    What if he somehow flew a military cargo plane in it?

What if...

3. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Well we can’t all have good taste ;)

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    @The2ndQuest =D=[face_laugh]=D=

If I ever get a What If...? with
    Rabbi Marc Spector becoming Moon Knight I’d be so jazzed. Oh the possibilities...but I’ll probably have to write it myself.[face_idea][face_thinking]

5. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
  6. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Good, the more Peggy badassery the better.

Sarge and Juliet316 like this.
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    There's already a Captain Carter "What if?" Funko Pop to be released soon.
    [​IMG]

8. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    ^ My Peanuts logged brain sees that as a bad a$$ Lucy Van Pelt (I think it’s the hair and Funko shaped head).:D

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    Sarge and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Wait a minute, are you trying to suggest that most, if not all Funko pops are molded off the same body?

Master_Lok and Juliet316 like this.
  10. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Aren’t they? :p

Waahwahwahh wahwahwah wahhhhhhhhh

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    New extended clip of "Captain Carter" which looks like will be covered in the first episode.

Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  12. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Yeah, you’re right, episode 1 is Captain Carter. The episode I really want to see is Strange vs. Strange.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2021
  13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Captain Carter episode is pretty cool, animation style is very Spider-Verse ish. Great voice cast with most of the original First Avenger actors and the substitution voices are great. Ross Marquland Red Skull is solid and more like the original than he was in Endgame. And just Joffrey Wright few lines as The Watcher and perfect.

Not sure if it's technically What If Captain Carter more like what if the Hydra goon blew up his bomb earlier, but I'm assuming it happens because Peggy was downstairs and it freaked him out enough to detonate early.

Great in-joke that Peggy almost pulled off Bucky's arm.

I'm gonna head-canon that the Hydra Saviour / Giant Tentacle Monster that Red Skull summoned was Hive ala in Agents of SHIELD where it was stuck across the galaxy (as AoS established that Hydra was looking for it) but it just came back as giant monster because of comic book reasons.

14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    When asked about post credits scenes the producer responded that there is a post credits scene.

Liked Steve Rogers as a pre-Iron Man. I wonder if he survived to the modern day.

I wondered if they would make Carter physically larger and they did. it could be that it's just because it's a cartoon but it looks to me like she is stronger than Rogers/Cap.

Can't wait for the toxics to complain about a female Cap and a British flag on the shield.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Jedi Merkurian and Juliet316 like this.
  16. nilzo antonio

nilzo antonio Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2015
    Captain Carter is the new Teela, who is the She-Man that destroyed the chidhood of millions manbabies youtubers :p:p:p:p:p

Last edited: Aug 11, 2021
  17. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Very good first episode. But damn…
    Steve and Peggy are just not meant to be together are they? :(

18. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Anything that gives Hellboy vibes is bound to put a smile on my face.

Hope they don't shy away from weird tentacle monsters in Raimi's Doctor Strange sequel.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  19. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Yeah the
    Hellboy
    wink was fun.
    There’s some good potential for Captain Carter, but those “Wow, golly gee” moments do not land as well as they did with Steve. I think Hayley will grow into this variant of the character. Episode had its moments. Bring on T’Challa’s Star Lord.

20. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    Except in Endgame.

21. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Huh beat the show is rated TV-14. I just wish we could have seen
    Hitler get punched in the face

22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Yes. Not just
    Master Race - [face_sick]
    And there’s fun speculation that Peggy was fighting
    Shuma Gorath here, so that works for me. I like Peggy wielding sword and shield

23. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    Yeah she is. And by extension of that if Marvel was to ever punch Kevin's Smith's golden ticket and give him an "official" director's playground in which to romp and have a good time an episode or two of What If? would be the perfect place for that

24. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Good first episode.

It, on the whole, is a better version of events until Howard sticks the Tesseract into a suit to put into the field. If he had kept it out of Hydra's reach, everything would have been fine! Damn Starks always messing up the world with their toys... ;)

Action sequences were well done, though- very smooth. Makes sense that Carter, who has more training and experience, would have a more dynamic fighting style than Steve did initially. Speaking of Steve- I was impressed by the voice actor, as I legit thought it was actually Chris Evans.

It was also awesome to have Bradley Whitford reprising his character from the Agent Carter One-Shot (we never did know what he did during the war, but it makes sense that he'd have been part of the SSR).

Maybe my only minor critique is that it paralleled TFA for a bit too long- I would have liked it to have branched away earlier instead of being mostly swapsees for as long as it did.

Oh, yeah, there's too much of a parallel there to ignore- but I don't think it's literally Hive. You would need to twist his nature too much to make that work. A better alternative would be that, since Red Skull would have known about the Hydra society's efforts with the Monolith and the overall legend of Hive, that this was his attempt to use technology where ritual had failed by using the Tesseract instead of the Monolith. Only he got the wrong creature due to whatever instructions were on the Asgardian wall.

Or, alternatively, this actually was the right creature and the Malicks of the world were fishing for the wrong Hydra space being (but that's less likely, given that Hive had the Hydra symbol, etc- unless he adopted it from the Hydra pilgrims, but it would be too much of a coincidence for that to be the case, IMO).

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm skipping all spoilers in here because even though I watched the first 20 minutes or so of the pilot episode, the power went out from my house and I'm gonna have to watch through it again.

Jedi Merkurian and BigAl6ft6 like this.