main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Diary of an investigator DDC 2021 half year challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jul 1, 2021.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Diary of an investigator DDC 2021 half year challenge

Author: Earlybird-obi-wan

Timeframe: legends
    Character: Jono Bel Hana
    Genre: diary
    Summary: Jono Bel Hana writes a diary and meets interesting persons like Kyp Durron, Ben Skywalker and Jyselle and Valin Horn

Disclaimer: Star Wars belongs to Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm belongs to Disney.

Diary of an investigator

Entry 1

I got it today from my new partner Steve Magaron and will be writing or recording in the device. It is a diary. Steve uses one to record all (or not) what is happening to him.

Who I am?

I am Jono Bel Hana and am 23 years old. My parents were murdered when I was 10. I grew up as an orphan living in an orphanage first but getting foster-parents after only two months. They are Dagan and Maury Es-Smina and have raised me. One of the things they teached me was about shielding. They are Dunai elder. I am a Dunai. We are living in a nice home a few blocks away from the Monir police academy. That and the murder of my parents had me very interested in becoming a police officer. I have collected old news-reports and am still figuring out who murdered my parents. One thing that is inaccesible for me are the belongings of my parents. They were part in the murder-investigation and locked in the archives in Noranan. 30 years after the murder they will be available for investigation.

Our chief at special ops goes by the name Chief Renolflo Er-Reemac but no one calls him that. Chief Reno is enough for him.

Among my colleagues are Ron Er-Hajin and Erin Brokaw.

I have graduated from the Monir police academy and followed the special ops course last year. Steve Magaron will be my mentor. He has worked at CorSec on Corellia and has worked with my grand-dad Captain Jono Bel Hana. Jono retired before Steve left and told him about his son Jeb (my dad) working for Ira Slojuk as a pilot.

And dad was working for Slojuk when he and my mother were murdered. Why? I hope I will find out after getting the belongings of my parents.

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 2

It is fun to be the partner of Steve. He likes to drive fast in whatever speeder we are driving but with me at the controls he is getting a WOW look on his face.

Today Steve was at the controls and stopped at a hangar at the Monir air- and spaceport and introduced me to his friend and instructor Shemi Ibithel.

I can become a pilot for hyperdrive capable transports but first I have to earn more credits. Lessons are expensive. But Shemi gave me enough study-material to be busy until I have those credits.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  3. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 3

I know now more about Steve. Yesterday we had finished an investigation. He asked me to join him for a celebration and we dressed in our nice ceremonial uniforms. He guided me to the memorial place for his parents. They became one with the eternity 6 years ago. He told me about the arguments he often had with his dad about work. Steve was born in Noranan, studied in Monir to become a police officer and had numerous jobs before coming to Monir and living again with his parents. His dad was a fire-fighter in Noranan when Steve was born and had a job in Monir when Steve was fired after wrecking a building during an op in Haradan. He left Moniron and became a CorSec officer on Corellia where he was a mentor for Rostek Horn. Shortly before Palpatine became emperor he returned to Moniron and had jobs as a special ops officer in Rhonda, Mitrinna and Kerana before joining the Monir special ops. He stayed with his parents and inherited the house after the passing of his parents. Steve has still connections to Corellia. He receives coded messages from Rostek Horn.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 4

I didn't see my diary for a very long time. I found it today in my locker. I told Steve about it and he told me not to worry. He had lost his diary often or was very busy with his work.

Today we were speeding to the highway when Steve ordered me to slow and put it down on a meadow. He decoded a message on his comlink and told me that it was from Corran Horn. Rostek Horn, the last of his CorSec colleagues died in his sleep. In the evening we went to the beach to celebrate his life.

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  5. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 5

Yesterday Steve celebrated his 379th birthday and Shemi Ibithel was one of the guests. Shemi asked me if I still wanted to become a pilot. I told him that I had finished the study-material and had now earned enough credits to begin lessons.

Today I was at his hangar and he had me flying an air-speeder.

Now I know why Steve is very good at speeding to an op. Shemi taught him all and he said to me that I am a natural.

Tomorrow I will begin my lessons to become a pilot.

study3600 likes this.
  6. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Wow, you write quicker than I have time to read. Hopefully, I can be more regular at the boards soon. My health is not the best at present. But I love your short diary entrances and the voice you give your main character here!

study3600 and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I enjoyed Jono's introduction and summary of Steve's back story. Steve will make a good mentor.

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    First: recover and try to relax.
    He was but you know what can happen with a diary as seen in the next entry

Entry 95

Yeah this diary has a delete-button and what did I do? I must have entered the wrong command and entries 6 – 94 are gone.

I will press the button 'new entry' and what pops up on the screen.

Entry 6

I will record what happened during the many years.

When I told my foster-parents that I was taking lessons from Shemi Ibithel they told me that my father had been a pilot too.

Steve revealed more about my grand-dad Jono, one of his colleagues at CorSec. Jono and Steve both left CorSec at the same time. Jono retired and Steve returned to Moniron. At the party Jono told Steve about the new job of Jeb. He didn't like the new job of his son at all, calling the Slojuk company a devious syndicate with connections to the underworld on Serenno and to the Black Sun syndicate. As Force sensitive Dunai Jono and his wife didn't become the victims of Palpatine and his inquisitors because of that early retirement. Rostek Horn managed to hide my grandfather and his wife in Firwood after Sith happened.

I am now a fully qualified pilot and mechanic. Shemi was fun, even when a craft broke down and had to be fixed. I helped him and that led to lessons in mechanics at the Monir university and the official pilot licence to become a pilot for the Monir city police. I am now an engineer and a licenced pilot doing that work and assisting the special ops guys.

I met my old mentor Steve often in the restaurant. He kept us informed about what happened in the galaxy. He told me about the messages he got from Corran Horn. The Jedi-master and his children had been fighting against Jacen Solo, now known as Darth Caedus. But there was good in Jacen when he died at the hands of his sister Jaina. He saved the people on Hapes from a nano-killer.

Yesterday Steve got a message from Corran about his son Valin. The boy called his parents impostors. Mirax managed to stun him. He was taken to be examined by Cilghal. She didn't find anything wrong. Valin escaped and was captured. He is now under a mixed guard at the Mon Mothma Memorial Medical Centre.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A very inconvenient deletion of a bunch of entries :oops: Lots happened personally and otherwise.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  10. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    Dang, about files having been deleted. Lots of things to record anyway. It was a good read.

study3600 and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  11. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more exciting things will happen
    that can happen with a diary

Entry 7

I have been very busy the past months and had no time to record anything. And I am feeling antsy. Tomorrow the archive material from my parents will be available for me. This morning I got a package from my foster parents containing a letter and a toy that I had with me when I heard about the murder of my parents. I boarded a transport to Noranan and got a room at the airport hotel. It's still early here due to the time-difference of 5 hours but I am hungry and I have to stop.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 8

No sleep at all during the night. I went to bed early because I was feeling sleepy. But sleep didn't come. A night with tossing and turning in my bed followed. I was anxious to see what the archive will reveal. I was at the Noranan city hall archives before opening and had to wait for the chief archivist to arrive. She was very precise, checking my credentials and even calling my foster-parents after seeing the letter and the toy.

But now I have the material and will study it as soon as I am home again. I remember that my father has told me about the treacherous nebula that wrecked the hyperdrive of the Corellian corvette he was piloting for Slojuk. He had Ira and his young son Amos aboard the Corellian corvette when he managed to escape from a Jedi-cruiser planning a random jump in hyperspace. That jump ended near Moniron. He guided the transport through the nebula before reaching the planet. Slojuk muttered about being stranded and not being able to go away.

Jeb was fired the moment he landed the transport with a debt to Slojuk to compensate him for the situation he had brought him in and for the repairs. He got a meagre job in one of the factories near the harbor. When Gwena Wanaron came to work there it was love at first sight with both being Dunai and bonding before the official marriage. Mom told me all about that.

They got me more than 18 years after they were married. And that's also a Dunai elder thing. Fertility is only for a few years. With me it will be the same I think.

13. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great discoveries at the archives

14. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    leading to

Entry 9

First thing I did was encrypting my diary. Each day after coming home I went to my bedroom to read the archive material. There were boring autopsy-reports revealing that my parents were murdered by someone using a particle weapon and firing it from a great distance. The slugs couldn't be traced from where they were fired and no fingerprints or DNA-material was found on the slugs.

I remember it now again. Dunai and Dunai elder children are getting shielding lessons when they enter kindergarten. I was at school doing those lessons and had my shields up when two very kind police-officers came with the news and took me home. Two signs marked the spots where my parents were found. My parents were in the garden tending the flowers when they were shot. The officers helped me to get some of my personal stuff. I was taken to an orphanage and went with the caretaker to the ceremony on the beach for my parents.

There is a book on the old Corellian language and a manual for a Corellian corvette. Both are very interesting but my father's diary even more. It is recorded in the Dunai elder language and can to be unlocked by a pass-word. I knew that word because he had told me when I was 9 and listening to him recording in the diary. I unlocked the diary and heard the first entries. He started the diary when he became a pilot for Ira Slojuk. Dad had this fourth entry in his diary: 'I have taken the Corellian manual when I had to leave the corvette. Without it repairing the hyperdrive will be almost impossible. I will pay my debt giving him the means to start an honest business but I am sure I will outlive old Slojuk and his nasty son. But those decommisioned trade federation battle droids in the cargo-compartment can be trouble.'

I pushed the fast forward button to the end. Hey this part about the debt is interesting. I have to go because my pager is beeping.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful to have his Dad's diary ... it will help and is good to have for personal reasons.

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and to find out who murdered his parents

Entry 10

Yes. Now it will be easy to find out who murdered my parents. Dad had been late paying his debt and had been warned by Amos Slojuk, the young son and enforcer of Ira Slojuk. It was the second time being late. Dad made an entry in his diary about it and there were no more entries. And seeing the date on the entry I knew and started to search for more in the old news-reports. The great university library has them. That took some days, interrupted by my work.

There it was; Two years ago Amos Slojuk was very satisfied after winning a sniper-contest in Harada with his particle weapon. The holocam was zooming in on the slugs used and I recognised them from the autopsy report. They were looking the same. I want to bring them to justice but that will be difficult after 30 years because Moniron law prohibits it and the evidence is rather inconclusive.

I have another idea and it involves Corellians and Slojuk's desire to leave Moniron. At the contest Ira Slojuk was muttering about his business on Corellia and Coruscant being very prosperous and his Corellian corvette still needing repairs and unable to get a technician. I can do those repairs. I have to do some studying using that Corellian manual and the language book but I will become an expert on that hyperdrive engine. For more general knowledge about engines I visited the university and took some copies.

I called Chief Reno and told him that I will take the accumulated leave being 90 days to do research on the old things from my parents.

More research revealed that Slojuk has now a prosperous business involving oil-products in Noranan but having to rely for storage and transport on Charlene Wismer. She has the recently completed hangar 57 near the passenger-terminal because she has an air-freighter for plastbin transport parked in one of the hangars. It can be loaded very easy with the big tarmac for landing and departing craft next to hangar 57.

I flew to Noranan and have a room at the airport-hotel but will start my search for a cheap apartment.

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 11

To collect more evidence and begin my plan to become a pilot for Slojuk I went to a sniper-contest in Rondor as an official. I showed my police-badge to the judges and was ordered to confirm the hits. That way I could examine all the slugs fired by the contestants. One fired by Amos Slojuk was taken by me. A visit to the evidence vault in Noranan had me with certainty that Slojuk is the murderer. But a prosecutor will discard it as being too many years apart. Yes there are more particle-rifles firing these kind of slugs. With some luck Slojuk and friends will end up in a CorSec jail.

Meetings with Wismer are very frequent. But she cannot supply them with a transport able to leave Moniron. Are the Slojuk's planning to leave? They will need me.

I have to stop to study.

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= :cool: I love this undercover stuff

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more is coming

Entry 12

More sniper-events were visited by me. Ira Slojuk has another sniper in his services. She is even better than Amos. But the son didn't mind when Vicky Padoffi won with her Blastech blasterrifle firing Hds-metal slugs.

I have taken a new identity. Jono Bekana is my name. I am keeping Jono because it is a very common name. Bekana will be recognised immediately by one versed in the old Corellian language. It is a command used by CorSec officers to keep silent. My grand-father used it and dad too. I have rented a cheap apartment in Noranan near the air- and spaceport. I paid visits to the hangars where the transports are parked and found a Corellian corvette in hangar 10.

I have to hurry. It's now helona 19 and on the 28th I am expected to return back to work. Tomorrow I will visit hangar 10 again and stay there.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent as things fall into place for the investigation

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and with this he can be with Slojuk but ...

Entry 13

I had to be there near that Corellian corvette almost all day but my patient waiting paid off. I met Ira Slojuk. I made admiring comments on the Corellian corvette and told him that I was a Corellian pilot with a degree in engineering. Ira asked if I knew how to repair a hyperdrive. I could show him my papers and he hired me immediately and told me to hurry with the repairs because he wants to see if there is something left from his business on Corellia and Coruscant. I will be his pilot for inter-continent travel and when needed interplanetary travel.

Amos Slojuk came and ordered me to stay in the corvette in one of the cabins. I told him that I needed my stuff. He gave me a comlink and went with me to my apartment where he waited for me.

I stuffed my valuables in a bag and went back to him.

And examining the comlink I knew. Father and son Slojuk can follow me where I am going. I am now a prisoner of the corvette. No more visits to the town-hall or other officials.

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Ooh, a definite barrier to sleuthing

23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and becoming a slave

Entry 14

Yesterday I became Slojuk's pilot. Today after seeing the progress on the repairs Amos took me to a visit to his factory that's producing oils on Benir road 15. He showed me the smaller plastbins that can be transported with the corvette. Large ones are filled with oils and taken by trucks to hangar 57 for storage and distribution. A laboratory had me very interested when I saw old plastbins with holes in them made by particle-slugs.

I recognised the woman working on an old droid. She didn't recognise me. She was Vicky Padoffi and told me about the old trade-federation battle droids that were found by her in the corvette. She was repairing one and had a smile on her face when she said 'it will make a nice house-droid.' Her fiancé Sil Melikas fully agreed. 'It will be our wedding present from Slojuk. A few days my love.'

Amos brought me back to the corvette, ordering me to go back to work as soon as possible. 'Six hours of rest Bekana and I want to see progress.'

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Oh no, things are getting more difficult. [face_worried]

25. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    very difficult

Entry 15

I have completed the repairs on the corvette in only two days and added some things after finding the bugs. I had to stay in the corvette but ordering things from a delivery service was easy. Wires, relays, switches and optical devices are also used in the hyperdrive. The transmitters are now sending copies of visual and audio recordings to my astro-droid that's also programmed by me to be my co-pilot. It is now easy for me to see and hear what Slojuk and friends are doing.

Amos only complained about the Corellian language I was using to programm the astro-droid. But he was silent when I explained that all had to be in Corellian language. 'You want a reliable Corellian corvette' was what I said.

I have tested the corvette on a flight to Haradan to transport some of the small plastbins. After the delivery Ira Slojuk, Amos and Padoffi went to the prestige shooting contest in Haradan. Padoffi won.

From the recordings from my astrodroid I knew that Slojuk was very satisfied but was complaining a bit about hangar 57. It should be rebuilt and used by Wismer and him only.

Why? It's a new building. Maybe because Wismer is sloppy with rules concerning safety and stashes plastbins with volatile liquids in the standard compartments in the building.

I don't know but the small plastbins were heavier than I thought when I was ordered to carry them to the customer in Haradan. Was there something inside that's not oil? Is he into some smuggling business? Wismer sure is. She is delivering all the Slojuk plastbins with her transports, small ones and the regular ones.