main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph "Ponder the Question" Marvel's 'What If...?' [Disney+]

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ahsoka's Tano, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Looking forward to T’Challa’s Star-Lord tomorrow.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2021
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    2 minutes into episode 2, try to not look at the opening credits because mega spoilers.

Anyway slightly further in the "What If" of the episode is pretty gold

Yondu outsourcing young Peter Quill retrieval to Taser Face and Kraglin leads to "You morons grabbed the wrong kid!"

Last edited: Aug 18, 2021
  3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Well who knew Thanos just needed a good talking to by T’Challa? [face_laugh]

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    OMG I loved that episode so very, very much. Almost perfect.

Thanos gone straight! And the running gag of "but that's genocide" played out perfectly throughout the episode.

The heist reveal that Nebula and T'challa were working together on getting him captured all along was beautiful.

The entire "flipped on its head" premise of Yondu's gang was just perfect.

And the ending - both with Ego showing up and then me getting choked up with the Chadwick Boseman still screen homage ...

5. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I enjoyed episode 1, but this week's one was fantastic. The jokes, the action, the emotional beats, all outstanding. Might be cause it didn't have to 'follow the script' of a previous movie nearly as much as last week's. Hope the rest can maintain this amazing standard :)

6. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, this was absolutely a better episode because it was primarily an original adventure being told after the first 5-10 min or so and not just an alt-retelling of GOTG1.

Also worth noting that this episode is taking place in 2008, so before Iron Man 1.

7. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Ugh,
    the line about finding you in this life or the next from T'Chaka hits home hard when you think about Boseman.

Yeah I agree, what if stories are always more fun the more they diverge from the "real" stories.

8. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    And I just saw this brilliant poster for the first episode-
    [​IMG]

9. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Okay, I'm not sure how any of the following episodes can top Episode 2. :D Sheer perfection.

10. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    After seeing Ep. 2 all I gotta say is ...

... yeah, you did good Cha-Cha.

Farewell and adieu.

11. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Episode 2 is cool.

You know what they say when you're out of luck. Always go duck.

I like that he had everyone charmed with real leadership, compared to no one knowing who Peter was nor really being on his side.

I want 2 things now. The continuation of Ego finding Peter and more Howard the Duck. I think there is an MCU blockbuster waiting for a Howard the Duck movie.

12. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    that was excellent, possibly one of the best things Marvel has ever done

13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I really enjoyed it too. Very sweet and fun.

14. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    This show is great. The Black Panther / GotG mashup was pitch perfect. Smart and hilarious.

15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Yeah, I really loved episode 1 -- but this was a nearly-perfect episode. It was so good.

16. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    Another great episode.

I wonder how the Collector got Mjolnir and Cap's shield. Also, it was nice to PQ at the end. Also loved the HTD and Cosmo appearances.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    First scene was hilarious, I loved the way they twisted the original. I had my doubts that T'Challa would be an interesting Star-lord, but between the writing, the animation, and Chad's voice acting, they made it work.

18. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Absolutely fantastic. Nearly flawless. It just proves what a talent Chadwick was and how lucky we were that he shared as much as he did in his too short life.

LOVED Josh having fun with Thanos and everyone’s “that’s genocide” reaction. “No, because it’s random.” o_O

I love the impact T’Challa had on Yondu. He brings out the good in everyone. I do wish we had seen those embers put to use. Enjoyed Seth Green returning as Howard and glad that Cosmo is free!

19. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    Go ahead and cancel the series and go out on a Costanza High Note. This episode was amazing in every way possible.

20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Yes
    Josh getting to rethink Thanos and make his beliefs a running gag was pretty great. Actually, I wouldn’t mind seeing a sequel from Quill’s angle. So great to hear Kurt as Ego again.

Chad was wonderful. You could hear how much fun he had with this version of T’Challa.

21. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Au contraire! Those credits had me prepared for an entirely different episode than what I got. And I loved it!

RIGHT?!? That could’ve been the whole episode! Instead, it was “oh, BTW…” I was like-

[​IMG]

Talk about how a single decision can have a massive ripple effect! Think about
    all the countless billions of beings NOT slaughtered by Thanos (like Gamorra). Also imagine what the Genesis spores can do if amped up by the Power Stone!
    And
    Hela’s crown.

22. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but
    that was a Groot among the Black Order that Nebula made eat the spores, right?

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Just watched the latest episode. All I can say is..WOW. How in the world can they top these first two episodes, seriously? I mean all along I couldn't wait to watch the series for Captain Carter's appearance; and T'Challa as Starlord was on my radar of course but not necessarily as anticipated. It really was a fitting tribute to Chadwick Boseman all around; and of course the altered character plotlines were interesting if not comical.

Good Thanos of course was the biggest surprise. The reaction videos on YouTube should be worth watching for that revealing scene alone. It's cool to see Nebula and T'Challa/Starlord are a thing. I was trying to figure out why Gamora wasn't in the picture at all, but I assume it's because though T'Challa's inspiration, Thanos didn't come to massacre her planet and therefore she's just another blip in the galaxy of no consequence.

I did have one question though. The Collector obviously had Captain America's shield, right? So how exactly did he get it and when? Will that be something that's easily explained?

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
    Juliet316 and Master_Lok like this.
  24. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    No, it was Cull Obsidian, the “Big Guy” that Banner fought in Infinity War using the Hulkbuster Armor.

25. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Cap’s shield and Hela’s crown...I am thinking these may be due to Gorr the God Butcher (Not that Cap is a god, but the symbolism of the shield etc. might be all that Gorr needed in this alternate timeline to go after Cap.