main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Before the Saga Beyond the Saga Pass On What You Have Learned (2021 FanFic Summer Olympics) Ensemble Cast Decathlon

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by JediMaster_Jen, Jul 29, 2021.

1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Series Title: Pass On What You Have Learned
    Disclaimer: Star Wars was created by George Lucas. LucasFilm Ltd. and all its content are currently owned and operated by the Walt Disney Company. :bluesaber::ben:

/////

Author Note(s): The following stories, written for the 2021 Fanfiction Summer Olympics are set in an AU. They are not posted in any particular order, nor are they necessarily connected in any way; some might be. Not all characters will appear in every story. The BBY and ABY dates are merely there for reference of the timeframe in which these events occur. As they are AU, the Battle of Yavin did not take place in this universe.

/////

Decathlon Events Inc:

1. 400 Word Cross Country: 400 words about your character, couple, family or friendship with any theme.
    2. 110 Word Hurdle: 110 words in which the name or names of your character, family, friendship or couple aren’t mentioned.
    3. Prime Time Coverage: 500+ words of action, adventure, or excitement with your chosen character, friendship, family or couple as the star.
    4. 1500 Word Dash: A 1500 word story about your character, family, friendship or couple with any theme.
    5. 100 Word Sprint: A 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme.
    6. AU Archery: A story of at least 100 words set in an alternate universe with your character, family, friendship, or couple.
    7. Fantastical Fencing: A story of at least a 100 words involving your character, family, friendship or couple in which something fantastical happens.
    8. 4x100 Relay: 4x100 words on the four types of love (affection, intimacy, friendship, and charity) as experienced by your character, family, friendship or couple in one post.
    9. 200 Freestyle: A 200 word story about your character, family, friendship or couple with a free choice of any theme.
    10. Single Sentence Shot Put: A story told in a single sentence about your character, family, friendship or couple.

Index of Stories

I. Twilight Is Upon Me... | Single Sentence Shot Put | 4 ABY | (Yoda)

II. Always Pay Attention | 200 Freestyle | 26 BBY | (Xanatos and Anakin)

III. One Step At A Time | 110 Word Hurdle | 1 ABY | (names aren't mentioned but you can probably guess)

IV. Size Matters Not | 100 Word Sprint | 84 BBY | (Yoda and Dooku)

V. Wrinkled and New | AU Archery | 19 BBY | (Anakin and Ahsoka)

VI. Wonderous Happenings | Fantastical Fencing | 21.5 BBY | (Xanatos, Anakin and Obi-Wan)

VII. Moments In Time | 4x100 Relay | 79 BBY-4BBY | (Dooku, Qui-Gon, Xanatos, Obi-Wan, Ezra, Luke and Caleb)

VIII. Growing Pains | 400 Word Cross Country | 8 BBY-7 ABY | (Ahsoka and Leia)

IX. Never Try To Save My Life | Prime Time Coverage | 16 BBY and 5 BBY | (Obi-Wan, OC's)

X. ...and soon night must fall | 1500 Word Dash | 4 ABY-40 ABY | (ensemble cast)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
  2. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Title: Twilight Is Upon Me...
    Co-Author(s): N/A
    Timeframe: 4 ABY
    Genre: Introspection
    Canonicity: AU
    Type: Single-sentence
    Characters: Yoda
    Summary: Yoda prepares to say goodbye to his lineage
    Last updated: July 2021
    Other relevant Information: For Twilight Is Upon Me..., I chose the Single Sentence Shot Put, which was to write a story told in a single sentence about your character, family, friendship or couple.

/////

Twilight Is Upon Me…
    | Single Sentence Shot Put | 4 ABY

Yoda, tucked under a warm blanket on his sleep couch, let his watery eyes flit across the faces of each surviving member of his line of powerful Knights and Masters; his gaze conveying his admiration, appreciation, pride and yes, love.

Last edited: May 7, 2023
  3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Beautiful and touching =D=

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  4. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    touching description of old Yoda

5. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Thank you. :D

Thanks. Glad you liked it. :)

/////

Note: This one ended up being a little over 200 words.

/////

Title: Always Pay Attention
    Timeframe: 26 BBY
    Genre: Friendship, slight Humor
    Type: Short, Series
    Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Xanatos
    Summary: Xanatos teaches his padawan a lesson
    Last updated: August 2021
    Other relevant information: For Always Pay Attention, I chose the 200 Freestyle, which was to write a 200 word story about your character, family, friendship or couple with a free choice of any theme.

/////

Always Pay Attention | 200 Freestyle | 26 BBY

“Stop dawdling, Padawan,” Jedi Master Xanatos Renashaii instructed sixteen-year-old Anakin Skywalker.

“Stop walking so fast, Master,” Anakin complained.

Xanatos stopped abruptly and was nearly knocked over as Anakin barreled into his broad back. He stumbled forward before he turned around and glared at the boy.

“Anakin, you must…”

“Sorry Master, I wasn’t paying attention,” Anakin apologized.

Xanatos sighed. “I realize that. Anakin, we’ve been over this before. You must learn to pay attention Always pay attention.”

“I know, Master,” he acknowledged. “I just…why are we here? Why are we here to see him?”

Xanatos rested his hand on Anakin’s shoulders and spoke earnestly. “I know you were disappointed when he…”

“He abandoned me!” Anakin’s temper flared. “He discarded me even after Master Qui-Gon asked him to train me in his place.”

“Ani,” Xanatos began softly. “Obi-Wan had just been knighted and just lost Qui-Gon when he asked Yoda to be allowed to train you. Wisely, Yoda forbid it. He was in no shape to train anyone. Paying attention would have helped you see that. You would have suffered and Yoda would not allow that. Neither would Obi-Wan. Understand?”

Anakin nodded, not having truly considered Obi-Wan’s circumstances prior to that moment.

“I understand, Master.”

Xanatos smiled and ruffled the teen’s spikey hair. “Good. Now, let’s get moving. Obi-Wan and Satine are waiting for us.”

Anakin dutifully followed, this time paying attention.

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Understandable sense of abandonment from Anakin and unusual empathy and clarity from Xanatos who we usually see being a butthead [face_laugh] =D= It's true that after the loss of Qui-Gon Obi-Wan could've and might've been in no position to train anyone. [face_thinking]

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    great to see a different Xanatos as a caring Knight and Obi-Wan together with Satine

8. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Yeah, poor Anakin. He thought Obi-Wan would train him, but alas...in comes Xan. :p Isn't it nice to see him as something other than a butthead? :D He's actually a favorite character of mine and I love writing him.

I've always thought that Obi-Wan, after losing his father-figure and having been involved in a terrible fight with Maul was not in any position emotionally to be training anyone. Especially since he was barely a knight himself. :(

Glad you liked this Xanatos. :D

/////

Title: One Step At A Time
    Timeframe: 1 ABY
    Genre: Humor
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi (not mentioned by name), Luke Skywalker (not mentioned by name)
    Summary: A young padawan learns a new skill
    Other relevant information: For One Step At A Time, I chose the 110 Word Hurdle, which was to write a story of 110 words in which the name or names of your character, family, friendship or couple aren’t mentioned.

/////

One Step At A Time | 110 Word Hurdle | 1 ABY

He knew his gray hair was due to his padawans; especially this one.

“I can’t, Master,” the twenty-year-old whined as he looked at his new mechanical hand.

The Jedi Master looked at his student and gave him a tolerant smile. “Yes, you can. Your father did, so can you.”

The padawan sighed and tried again. He reached down, gripped the spoon and dipped it gently into his bowl of soup. Carefully, with a touch he kept light as a feather, he brought the spoon to his mouth.

“See?” he said. “You’ve just taken your first step into a larger world.”

“I gripped a spoon.”

“One step at a time, Padawan.”

Kahara and earlybird-obi-wan like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent and true. =D=

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    AW having to use a mechanical hand just like his father. But he can do it.

11. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks. :D

Some things never change. :p Thanks.

/////

Title: Size Matters Not
    Timeframe: 84 BBY
    Genre: Humor
    Canonicity: Canon-compliant
    Characters: Yoda, Dooku
    Summary: Yoda humorously teaches his apprentice Dooku a lesson about size
    Other relevant information: For Size Matters Not, I chose the 100 Word Sprint, which to write a 100 word drabble about your character, family, friendship or couple using any theme.

/////

Size Matters Not | 100 Word Sprint | 84 BBY

“Ignore my advice, you do,” Yoda chastised his tall apprentice.

Dooku nodded and lowered his lightsaber. “I cannot abide that silly high-flying style of yours, Master. It does not work for me. I am too tall.”

“Told you before, I have,” Yoda began. “Size matters…”

Dooku sighed impatiently. “Yes, Master. Size matters not, especially when you’re barely over two feet tall. However, it matters to me when you want me to jump around like an acrobat.”

“Humph,” Yoda grunted.

He whacked Dooku across his shin with his gimmer stick.

Dooku crumbled.

“Now you are barely over two feet tall. Size matters not.”

12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  13. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Right?!? Dooku needed to be put in his place. :p

/////

Title: Wrinkled and New
    Timeframe: 19 BBY
    Genre: Fluff, Family
    Characters: Anakin Skywalker, Ahsoka Tano, Padme Naberrie-Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker, Leia Skywalker
    Summary: Ahsoka meets Luke and Leia and has thoughts about them
    Other relevant information: For Wrinkled and New, I chose the AU Archery, which was to write a story of at least 100 words set in an alternate universe with your character, family, friendship, or couple.

/////

Wrinkled and New | AU Archery } 19 BBY

“They’re wrinkled, Master,” Ahsoka commented as she looked down at a newborn Luke and Leia Skywalker.

Padme and Obi-Wan chuckled from the other side of the room, each earning a glare from the very proud father of the twins.

“There are not wrinkled, Snips,” Anakin set her straight. “They’re just…new.”

Ahsoka smirked. “Whatever you say, Skyguy.”

Anakin walked towards Ahsoka and rested his arm over her shoulder. “Well, Snips, can we count on you for babysitting?”

The look of horror on her face had Anakin and Obi-Wan doubled over in hysterical laughter.

She shook her head. “Oh, no. You two laugh all you want. No offense, Senator, but I do not babysit.”

Gathering himself, Anakin picked up his daughter and placed her gently into Ahsoka’s arms. “Now, cradle her head. She can’t hold it up yet on her own. Make sure you look into her eyes and keep a tight hold on her. Babies are wiggly.”

Ahsoka did as instructed and after a moment, tiny Leia scrunched up her face. Moments later, a smile.

“Did she just…?” Ahsoka began.

Anakin grinned. “Babies do that, too. You’re a natural, Snips.”

The padawan glared at her master. “You’re awful. And she is wrinkled.”

Padme smiled.

Obi-Wan laughed again.

Anakin sighed.

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    SWEETNESS SO SO MUCH! ^:)^ [:D]

15. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Awe, thanks. :D

/////

Title: Wonderous Happenings
    Co-Authors: N/A
    Timeframe: 21.5 BBY
    Genre: Friendship, Family
    Characters: Xanatos, Anakin, Obi-Wan
    Summary: Obi-Wan is finally ready to pick a new student
    Other relevant information: For Wonderous Happenings, I chose Fantastical Fencing, which was to write a story of at least a 100 words involving your character, family, friendship or couple in which something fantastical happens.

/////

Wonderous Happenings | Fantastical Fencing | 21.5 BBY

Xanatos and Obi-Wan were standing together on the balcony overlooking the initiate training salle. The younglings were competing in their yearly lightsaber competition.

“I’ve been a knight for exactly three hours and you’re already looking to replace me, Master?” Anakin chided his now-former mentor.

Xanatos smiled affectionately at the young man. “Well, now that you’re on your own, I need someone to keep me on my toes.”

Obi-Wan chuckled as Anakin made a face. “You know, Anakin, you might just find yourself a padawan soon.”

The Chosen One shook his head sharply. “No. No way. I’m never taking on a padawan learner. Too much trouble.”

Xanatos placed a hand in Anakin’s shoulder. “Someday that view will change, I promise. We’ve all said those words. I said it, Qui-Gon said it, even Yoda said it.”

“I said it,” Obi-Wan said quietly.

Anakin looked at the other man and was about to speak when Obi-Wan stepped closer to the railing and leaned over, resting his forearms against it.

“Look, he’s about to do it,” he commented.

Anakin had no idea what he meant, but Xanatos leaned forward as well and Anakin followed suit.

He saw their eyes glued to a small boy of about nine standard years old. He had floppy blonde hair and bright green eyes. His opponent was easily a head taller and at least twenty pounds heavier.

“He’s…I’ve never seen a child move that fast,” Anakin whispered; now as mesmerized as Xanatos and Obi-Wan. “Remarkable.”

Obi-Wan, eyes wide, nodded absentmindedly. “Yes, remarkable.”

The child suddenly leapt into the air and seemed to be suspended for numerous seconds before gracefully landing behind his opponent and scoring the point to win the match.

The crowd of Jedi knights and master’s cheered; all except for Obi-Wan. He was moving quickly away from his companions and down towards the floor of the training salle.

Anakin frowned. “Where’s he going?”

Xanatos smiled, a mixture of sadness and relief in the facial expression. “He’s going to recruit his next padawan, I believe.”

Anakin thought for a moment. “Pass on what you have learned.”

Xanatos hugged his former padawan tightly, happy that Anakin still accepted such gestures at his age.

“Yes, exactly,” Xanatos agreed. “It’s amazing really, that he can finally move on. Seeing that young boy down there has brought him back.”

The two watched for a few more moments as Obi-Wan and the child chatted. When the boy’s eyes lit up with wonder, they knew their friend was truly back.

“Come along, Pada…Anakin,” Xanatos corrected himself. “That’s going to take some getting used to.”

Anakin laughed softly and followed dutifully. “Right behind you, Master.”

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love the fight between Dooku and Yoda.
    Ahsoka and wrinkled babies
    Obi-Wan and a new apprentice

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  17. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    :D Glad you liked the fight with Yoda and Dooku. That one was probably my favorite so far.

/////

Title: Moments in Time
    Timeframe: 79 BBY-4 BBY
    Genre: Family, Friendship, Angst, Drama, Humor
    Characters: Dooku, Qui-Gon Jinn, Xanatos, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Caleb Dume, Ezra Bridger
    Summary: Masters, Padawans and brothers experience the four types of love
    Other relevant information: For Moments in Time, I chose the 4x100 Relay, which was to wrote 4x100 words on the four types of love (affection, intimacy, friendship, and charity) as experienced by your character, family, friendship or couple in one post.

/////

Moments In Time | 4x100 Relay | 79 BBY-4 BBY

/////

Affection | 79 BBY

It was late and the Temple was quiet. Dooku was walking quickly through the halls in search of his padawan. He hadn’t seen the boy for hours and he had become slightly worried. He stepped into the Room of a Thousand Fountains; he found his wayward padawan.

Thirteen-year-old Qui-Gon Jinn was curled under a tree, sound asleep. Dooku let slip a small smile as he sat down next to the boy.

“Qui,” he called softly as he ran a hand over the soft spikes of hair. “Wake up, Padawan.”

Qui-Gon remained asleep. Dooku pulled him close and let him sleep.

Intimacy | 16 BBY

Xanatos didn’t know what he would find as he approached Obi-Wan’s quarters. He knew his padawan-brother was hurting over the terrible loss of his first padawan. He took a breath and pressed the chime.

When there was no answer, Xanatos entered his override code and the door opened. He was met with the sight of Obi-Wan slumped on the floor, tears streaming down his cheeks as his body was wracked with sobs.

Xanatos moved quickly to his brother and sat next to him on the floor. He pulled the younger man into his arms and held him while he cried.

Friendship | 11 BBY

“Come on, Skywalker, you’ll be fine,” Ezra assured the boy.

Luke looked wearily at the water. He was used to water. He grew up around water. Had played around water before, but for some reason no one could explain, he had a deep-seated fear of water.

“I don’t know, Ez,” Luke said; uncertainty written all across his face. “I don’t want to drown or something.”

Ezra jumped into the pool. “Come on. I’m right here. I’ll make sure you don’t drown.”

Luke took a deep breath, gathered his courage and leapt into the pool. As promised, Ezra was right there.

Charity | 4 BBY

It was the dark of night and Ezra was awakened from a deep sleep by a strange sound coming from the gardens just outside his room.

He tossed the covers off and wandered out of his room and onto the balcony. He looked down over the railing when he realized the sound was coming from the ground. There he noticed his master in the garden, raking away all of the garbage the storm they’d been though hours earlier had blown into the village.

No one else was there. Just Caleb.

Ezra got dressed and headed down to help his master.

18. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    So close to done I can taste it. Here comes the next installment.

/////

Title: Growing Pains
    Timeframe: 8BBY-7BBY
    Genre: Family, angst, slight humor
    Type: Oneshot
    Characters: Ahsoka Tano, Leia Skywalker
    Summary: Leia learns a few lessons from her Jedi Master
    Other relevant information: For Growing Pains, I chose the 400 Word Cross Country, which was to write 400 words about your character, couple, family or friendship with any theme

/////

Growing Pains | 400 Word Cross Country | 8 BBY-7 ABY

Ahsoka should have known all those years before when she’d teased Anakin about his wrinkled children that she would indeed become the master of one of them. Should have known. Anticipated that the galaxy had a sense of humor as warped as Anakin Skywalker’s own.

Here she stood watching her brand new padawan, eleven-year-old Leia Skywalker. The girl was all long dark hair and eyes to match her mother and long, gangly limbs to match her father.

As she stood toe to toe with the girl, she regretted much of the trouble she knew she’d caused Anakin over the years of their partnership. Regretted every snarky remark. Regretted every ignored order because she thought she knew better. Regretted every piece of ignored advice.

“I don’t want to, Ahsoka…I mean, Master,’ Leia whined.

Regretted every time she whined to her master when she didn’t want to do something.

Ahsoka knelt down in front of the young girl and tried to patiently explain why she had to relinquish her hold on her brother’s dead frog.

“Leia, sweetheart, you can’t just carry a dead frog around in your robes.”

Leia’s brown eyes teared up as she finally let Ahsoka take the frog from her and send it to it’s final resting place.

“I do not want to go, Master, therefore I will not be going,” fifteen-year-old Leia complained about a senatorial function she was being made to attend by her mother.

Ahsoka, well-versed in her padawan’s occasional outbursts, sat beside the teen and wrapped an arm around her and pulled her close.

“I know you don’t,” Ahsoka acknowledged. “But Leia, sometimes life demands that we do things we do not want to do. Sometimes we must…well, to use one of Mr. Bridger’s favorite phrases, suck it up.”

“Oh, Master,” Leia cried. “He’s why I don’t want to go. He’ll be there, too.”

Ahsoka nodded. “Yes, I know he will. I promise you will survive the night. You have my word.”

“If this you could speak to the fifteen-year-old you, what would you tell her?” Ahsoka asked her former padawan as she cradled her newborn son.

Leia smiled at the boy who stared back with his father’s deep blue eyes. He was perfect.

She looked over and shrugged. “I suppose I’d have to tell her to listen to her master’s very sage advice and to suck it up.”

Pleased, Ahsoka smiled back.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    love the moments
    And Leia and Ahsoka arguing. The wrinkled baby became her padawan

20. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    LOL. Yep, that little wrinkled baby became her padawan. Irony at it's best! Thanks for commenting. :D

/////

Title: Never Try To Save My Life
    Timeframe: 16 BBY and 5 BBY
    Genre: Action, Adventure, Excitement (sort of)
    Type: Oneshot, Series
    Characters: Obi-Wan Kenobi, OC's
    Summary: Obi-Wan and his padawan's
    Other relevant information: For Never Try To Save My Life, I chose Prime Time Coverage, which was to write 500+ words of action, adventure, or excitement with your chosen character, friendship, family or couple as the star

/////

Never Try To Save My Life / Prime Time Coverage | 16 BBY and 5 BBY

The small boy Obi-Wan had taken as his second padawan was now a sturdy young man of seventeen years.

“This will be dangerous, won’t it, Master?” Eram asked as he sat next to Obi-Wan on their transport.

Obi-Wan looked at the young man and for a moment he remembered. Remembered his previous padawan. The bright-eyed child who had saved his life and lost his own in the process.

”Stay right behind me, Toran, understand?” Obi-Wan made sure the fourteen-year-old understood.

The boy nodded. “Yes, Master. This is going to be dangerous, isn’t it?”

Obi-Wan nodded. “Yes, it could be. I’m hoping not, but…two things, remember your training, and obey every word I say.”

Again, the boy nodded.

Obi-Wan drew his lightsaber into his hand but didn’t ignite the blade. Yet. Toran followed suit and the two Jedi headed out from their place of cover into the fray of a world at war.

They hadn’t taken several steps before blaster fire rang out and both lightsabers, blue and green sprang to life.

Obi-Wan and Toran deflected bolt and bolt of blaster fire, inching their way towards the enemy stronghold they had been sent to defeat.

Obi-Wan’s focus was split between the battle raging around him and keeping an eyes on his too-young padawan. The boy was doing well but Obi-Wan could sense that he was tiring.

“Toran!” he yelled. “I want you to…”

“Master, watch out!” the boy interrupted.

Just as Obi-Wan turned, he saw his beloved padawan running towards him at full speed, blade flashing as fast as he’d ever seen it.

Before he could react, Toran was in front of him shoving him out of the way of…Obi-Wan didn’t even see what had been coming his way. But he did see Toran fall. He saw blood. He saw an impossibly-still, broken body. He saw a blank stare, devoid of all life.

He saw his padawan die.

Obi-Wan swallowed deeply and took several deep, calming breaths. He knew in his head that Eram wasn’t Toran. They didn’t look the same. Their voices were different. They smiled differently. But all his heart could see was the boy he’d lost so long ago.

He shook his head. “Yes, it could be. I’m hoping not, but…”

He stopped. His words from long ago were ringing in his ears as he repeated them now to a different young man. Not as young. Better trained.

“But what, Master?” Eram asked.

Obi-Wan stared at him for a few moments before answering.

“I need you to do three things for me, Eram,” he began softly. “The first two should be easy. First, remember your training. You’ve been well-trained to this point. Second, you are to do exactly what I tell you. No exceptions.”

Eram could see how serious Obi-Wan was. “And the third thing, Master?”

Obi-Wan ran his hands over his bearded face. “The third thing is…is the most important of them all. Please, whatever you do, never try to save my life.”

The young man agreed.

21. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Last one!! Done!!

/////

Title: ...and soon night must fall
    Timeframe: 4 ABY-40 ABY
    Genre: Drama, Angst, Family
    Type: Oneshot, Series
    Characters: Yoda, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Xanatos, Caleb Dume, Ezra Bridger, Luke Skywalker, Leia Skywalker-Solo, Anakin Solo, Dooku
    Summary: Masters, Padawans, friends and family say goodbye
    Last updated: September 2021
    Other relevant information: For ...and soon night must fall, I chose the 1500 Word Dash, which was to write a 1500-word story about your character, family, friendship or couple with any theme.

/////

…and soon night must fall / 1500 Word Dash | 4 ABY-40 ABY

It was said that stars often burned brightest just before they burned out. It was also said that the galaxy was darkest just before the dawn.

When Leia Skywalker-Solo was a girl, she didn’t know if she believed either of those things. Now, standing in front of a funeral pyre for her youngest son, Anakin, she knew she absolutely believed the first. Her son had been the brightest star she’d ever known. He was always calm. He always had a steady hand. He was brave and courageous and he had become an unfaltering beacon of light for the Jedi Order he served so proudly like so many of Yoda’s line before him.

Watching the last vestiges of her son fade from sight, she also knew that the the adage of the galaxy being darkest before the dawn was not true.

Her galaxy had only grown darker day after day as she faced life without a child she’d birthed. There would be no dawn for Leia. She would live out the rest of her life in darkness.

“Goodbye, my son.”

Anakin Skywalker had seen a lot of things over the years. He’d seen slavery. He’d seen cruelty and death. He’d seen new life; had helped create it.

Now, well into his twilight years and with so many of the Jedi he served alongside having passed into the Force already, including his master Xanatos and good friend Obi-Wan, he was facing his own departing.

“Don’t try to speak, Father,’ Luke said softly as he held his father’s hand. “Just rest. You’re going…”

“I’m…I’m dying, my son,” Anakin got out with a cough. “You mu…must let me…go.”

Luke’s tears fell then. His father was his best friend. He’d had to watch his master die, and now his father. Life was cruel; Luke knew. Death came for everyone. No one escaped. Immortality was not just elusive, it was impossible.

“We’ve lost so many,” Luke mussed.

“You’ve gain…gained so many,” Anakin reminded his son.

Luke wiped his tears and tried to smile. He squeezed his father’s hand tightly and leaned down to press a kiss to his forehead.

“When you see him, please tell Anakin that…”

He trailed off as he felt his father pass into the Force. A moment later, the Jedi Master’s body faded away, as if he’d never been there at all.

“Goodbye, Father.”

Obi-Wan had always believed that Xanatos would live forever. He knew how foolish a thought that was. He ws painfully aware than no one lived forever. But some losses hurt worse than others. Losing his padawan had torn his heart in half.

Losing his brother had torn his soul in half.

After Qui-Gon had been killed by Darth Maul and the entire plot of then-Senator Palpatine had been revealed, Xanatos had been around much more, and the two padawan-brothers had grown close.

Now, days after the funeral pyre had burned itself out, Obi-Wan found himself staring at the ashes which remained. The smell or burned wood still lingered in the air and he could feel the residual presence of Xanatos.

“You’re probably going to haunt me now, aren’t you?” he whispered into the empty room.

If you wish.”

Obi-Wan turned wildly, almost falling over which sent the ethereal form of Xanatos into hysterics.

“How?” Obi-Wan stumbled over his words.

Xanatos shrugged. ”I wish I knew. I died and then I woke up and…Yoda and Qui-Gon were teaching me how to do this.”

Obi-Wan sat down heavily on a bench and sighed. “I miss you.”

Xanatos sat down next to him and reached out before he remembered that he could not longer touch the living world.

”I know. But, you’re going to be fine. I know you’ve experienced so much loss in your life, and you think you can’t endure anymore. But you can. You must. You still have life to live, brother-mine.”

“I wish I could believe that,” Obi-Wan replied. “What could possibly be left besides my own death?”

Xanatos chuckled. ”Qui-Gon told me once that to die would be an awfully big adventure; the last big adventure each of us will have.”

Obi-Wan considered that for a moment and was about to speak when Xanatos faded away.

Obi-Wan smiled. “Goodbye, my brother.”

Ezra was running towards the ship. He could see Sabine in the pilots' seat and he could just make out Hera. She was trying to run from the ship towards something. His gaze shifted and that’s when he saw him. Caleb. His master.

The explosion was about to encompass the ship, but Caleb had jumped out and was facing the inferno, hands stretched out before him, eyes closed. Ezra could feel the Force surrounding his master as he used it to hold back the flames.

Ezra ran faster as he shook his head and screamed. “Master! Caleb, no!”

“Caleb!” Hera yelled.

He turned to face them both. His love and his former padawan. He kept one hand stretched out against the inferno and quickly used the Force to push both Hera and Ezra back into the hold of the ship.

They had to live. Caleb knew that beyond a shadow of a doubt. He saw the ship begin to pull away and knew that his final mission was complete. They would survive.

Ezra watched as the fire engulfed Caleb. He was gone.

Tears streaming down his cheeks, Ezra spoke into the wind.

“Goodbye, my Master.”

Anakin Solo never thought he’d be present when the great Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi took his last breaths. But here he was. It was dark out and the Jedi Temple was quiet. Obi-Wan was lain in bed with the covers drawn up to his chin. The room was warm but he had long ago stopped being able to maintain his body temperature and was always cold.

“Stay still, Master Obi-Wan,” Anakin said gently as he watched over the man who had been a part of his life for as long as he could remember. His grandfather had been friends with his man. Anakin remembered the sounds of soft laughter and gentle teasing between the men. He remembered jokes about flying and not making fun of droids who were always trying.

“Thank you…for being…here,” Obi-Wan said quietly and with little strength.

Anakin reached down and took hold of his hand. “I wouldn’t be anywhere else, Master. This is where I am needed so this is where I will be.”

Obi-Wan managed one more smile before he faded from existence. Anakin stood and headed for the door before he turned back and looked into he room. He looked around at shelves full of holos and books and keepsakes from a hundred different worlds. The sum total of a life well lived as a Jedi.

“Goodbye, Master Obi-Wan.”

Dooku was an old man. He’d been an old man for a long time and Xanatos knew it. He’d been old when Xanatos was a child. He’s first met the man when he had become Qui-Gon’s apprentice. Dooku was an imposing figure and at first Xanatos had been a bit afraid. Now, seeing this once towering, powerful man frail and unable to do much of anything for himself, the last pieces of fear Xanatos held finally faded away.

“I used to be afraid of you, you know,” he said to the man as he huddled beneath warm blankets. “You terrified me. Qui-Gon said there was nothing to be afraid of, but…as usual I didn’t believe him.”

Dooku managed a small smile. “You are your masters padawan. That has always been certain.”

Xanatos laughed. “I’m not sure I would have enjoyed that comparison years ago. I’m not sure I do now, but…there are worse things to be called.”

“He…cared very deeply…for you,” Dooku said in a halting voice. “Just had…poor ways…of show…showing it. My fault. Same….same way…with him.”

“Yes, he did,” Xanatos agreed. “He wasn’t much better with Obi-Wan. I at least didn’t crave the attention. Didn’t need it that way Obi-Wan did.”

“He loved…you…both,” Dooku managed with his last breath.

Xanatos inhaled deeply, sudden sadness gripping his heart. He reached out and closed Dooku’s eyes and then rested his hand on the old man’s chest.

“Goodbye, Dooku.”

Yoda’s weary-eyed gaze met the stare of each member of his line. So many. So few. Each one held deeply in his heart.

He saw all of their adventures. He saw all the moments he’d shared with each of them. He remembered early lightsaber lessons and stories about his own adventures as a padawan.

Now, when his life had come to its conclusion, Yoda saw the legacy he was leaving behind in these strong, capable, kind-hearted beings. He had done his best to pass on what he had learned from his master to every padawan he had trained. He was proud to know that they were in turn passing on what they had learned.

His line would live well beyond him.

“May the Force be with you.”

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Sweet wrap up(s) as we get wonderful partnerships of mentor/padawan and lessons learned and final farewells.

JediMaster_Jen and Kahara like this.
  23. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    beautiful final farewells for all