main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Saga - Legends Emergencies DDC 2021

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Jan 2, 2021.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Tarhin will play an important part
    It is nice writing them and following them through the years and the events in other parts of the galaxy

Entry 53

Erdin kept me very busy. And no he didn't want to go for a ride when I asked him. After my shift I often went with Tarhin to the farm of Dan Menanzin for a ride on the beach. All his husans like me. A month ago Tarhin introduced me to his new friend. Ariane, an old husan owned by a woman who had to leave Moniron after her husband got a new job on Corellia. She had chosen Tarhin when he came for a ride and saw her in the stable, alone and sad.

Swimming with the Falgans was also a frequent after-duty-sport. And Tarhin told me more about Varanko and his last job on Corellia.

But with busy busy Erdin I had no time at all to record anything in my diary.

And when Erdin doesn't do his busy busy it is Tobe Amauta or Shirin Gannely. I am still seen as the rookie incident commander being the youngest of the four serving as battalion commanders under Matt Kulmaro. We all are Dunai elder.

Coming back from an incident I went to the restaurant. The holotube was on.

We heard the terrible news that the war had come to Coruscant and that creep Palpatine had been taken prisoner by Count Dooku and General Grievous. Is that real?

AzureAngel2 and Darth_Furio like this.
  2. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 54

Yesterday I was in my cottage when I felt an intense grief and had to shield. But I had to go to the office because my shift was beginning. The first stop was the restaurant to get caf where I saw my Dunai en Dunai elder colleagues. They sat there with anguish showing on their faces and were trying to shield. Erdin was crying and I went with him to our offices but no work was done. Matt told us to go home. 'Dispatch can reach you at home. Go and tomorrow evening we have a meeting in the restaurant.'

Today we had the meeting in the restaurant and had the holotube on. We saw Palpatine declaring himself emperor and telling that the Jedi-traitors were being exterminated by the clone-troopers. Other colleagues were giving agitated comments.

A piece of the news had me crying out in anguish. It was a recording of Anakin Skywalker leading his clone-troopers up the stairs to the Jedi-temple. And that was followed by Palpatine coming to the great hall and praising 'well done Darth Vader.'

'Darth Vader? Anakin why? Now you are fighting your friend Obi-Wan Kenobi.' I was shouting and closed my eyes. Shields were not enough. Horrible images of a fiery red planet were in my mind. A man was burning, arm gone, legs gone, clawing with a metal hand preventing him from sliding into the glowing stream. Kenobi was leaving why? A dark shape was descending. Tears were dribbling down my face and I felt a hand on my shoulder. Opening my eyes I saw Matt with tears in his eyes helping me to stand up. Shirin will bring you home. Go and we will meet when you are ready to come back. I went home and recorded in my diary sitting on my bed and...

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Devastating changes =D=

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    for the galaxy. sure

Entry 55

I must have fallen asleep. When I woke up to visit the fresher I saw my diary on the floor in record mode. I deleted the zzzz's and cries.

More dreams or were they visions? Babies crying in a sterile room on a bleak world. Droids working on droidparts. A horrible burnt face. A mask descending on that face and a hissing sound. A prison for a maimed, suffering man. Something good left.

I recorded that in my diary and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up with a nice smell wafting up my nose and going to the kitchen I saw Erdin busy stirring in a bowl.

I had put my diary on record and this is included.

'Caf Ivano and I know what has happened.'

'Uh yes caf.'

'When you are ready we will go to see Matt.'

We went and Erdin and Matt told me about their dreams. Erdin had recognized Palpatine and Matt had seen two men fighting on a fiery red planet and a vague operating room. They wanted to know what I had seen.

'With you meeting Jedi your dream must have been very graphic.'

'Yeah I saw two men fighting on a volcanic planet called Mustafar and recognized them immediately. Anakin was fighting against Obi-Wan and he lost. But why Obi-Wan was leaving was unclear to me until I saw senator Amidala giving birth to twins. And there was that creep Palpatine.'

'I recognized him too in my dream. He was commanding a droid.'

'A medical droid Erdin.'

'That's why he needed that Chancellor Palpatine Reconstruction Center. He had to save Darth Vader.'

'But Anakin doesn't know that his children are born.'

'They will be his redemption. Senator Amidala whispered about something good left in him.'

'Ivano can you tell me more about your experiences on Coruscant?'

'Sure'

And I did.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Heart-stopping dreams and foregleams of hope

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  6. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    It would have been difficult for anyone to understand why Obi-Wan and Anakin would be fighting each other if they knew how close they were.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    all sensed by the Dunai elder
    Ivano has met both men

Entry 56

Palpatine and his new enforcer Darth Vader were on the Monir-holonews yesterday. Darth Vader had hunted down more Jedi.

Some positive news from that same holonews that had me interested.

Jon Vanrood is here on Moniron. He has students, is now leading Moniron donor and stationed at the healers academy of Eled-Hir on Rhova. There was a father explaining in Monir university hospital that his son was saved thanks to Moniron Donor.

Hano and Dana Majeski became one with the eternity a month ago. They were very old, 971 and 970 years, living a long and happy life and caring for two children.

Halla left their house when she ended her study as a pediatrics nurse in Noranan city hospital. She left on 1 telona when she bought an apartment in north Noranan. Halfir left that same day to begin his study at Rondor university. Steve Magaron went to the police academy in Monir and I went with Jihan Eled-Non to the Monir firefighting school. Four friends were following their dream on the same day. Three were known as the mischief trio and one – Jihan – as the serious one always telling us to behave.

For me today was the day to remember Hano and Dana.

The sun was coloring the beach and sea orange when I went to the beach to place two paper candles on the waves.

Two Falgans came to take the paper candles away and when I saw them leaving I remembered my youth.

The fun I had when Hano and Dana invited me for a stay. And very often our friend Steve Magaron completed the mischief trio.

Hano taking us on a trip into the wilderness.

Dana giving us a lesson when the trio returned late from school. We had to explain why we were late after being busy in the fresher. We had secured the seats in the upright position with duct tape and had redecorated the fresher with a synth-rubber fish that had the girls shrieking and teacher Fringo ordering us to clean the fresher.

Dana and Halla busy with...

My pager is beeping. I have to go.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  8. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Entry 57

That 'I have to go' led to my diary slipping behind the backboard of my bed and becoming lost. I found it today when I was hauling the old mattress outside the bedroom to replace it with a new one.

Some of the important events from the last 17 years and starting with the oldest.

Moniron is erased from the galaxy-maps thanks to a visit from Darth Vader. He must have experienced something scary after he destroyed a cabin in the wilderness in Rhova. Dunai elder led by our leader Jasir Ere-Dun had been influencing his mind.

We all know that Darth Vader is the former Jedi-knight Anakin Skywalker. Ere-Dun is convinced that he will turn back to the light.

From Bret Chedokin I heard that my childhood friend Steve Magaron is working in Kerana.

And Dick Kerebuy knew even more about the exploits of Steve. Our friend had after graduating from the police academy 21 jobs all over the planet. Number 21 in Haradan and getting fired was reason for him to leave Moniron 44 years ago. He went to Corellia for a job at CorSec. He returned months before Palpatine rose to power and joined the Rhonda police-department as a special ops officer. After Rhonda came Mitrinna and now it's Kerana. Steve is notorious for wrecking police-property but he gets the job done.

The last time I saw Steve was when Jilan and I entered the transport that brought us to Monir to begin our studies. Steve went to the police-academy.

Rides with Tarhin are quite pleasant. Tarhin is still riding Ariane and I take a husan given to me by Dan Menanzin.

A new hangar is under construction at the site of the hospital. It will become the place for the rescue-craft.

Noranan city hospital was built 55 years ago and the new name Noranan general hospital was revealed five years ago by the director. I have known the old Noranan central hospital very well. Yeah fire-fighting is dangerous. I hope to stay clear of hospitals.

Yesterday I had a reunion from my group in the Monir firefighting school and met Luciano Robi, the director. He told me very vividly about his adventures. During the Jedi-purge he was doing duty at the fire-house in the Jeditemple-district. He saw the fire raging in the Jedi-temple and saw a disfigured Palpatine declaring himself Emperor. The next day he was called for an alarm in the bowels of the senate-hall where he found Master Yoda's light-saber. He kept it hidden when he fled Coruscant with his friend Boyd Vienar and returned to Alladea where he joined the city-fire-department and met Alwin Karao. And like his friend and Alwin, he was a lover of pod-races and went more than 2 years ago to Tatooine for the Boonta Eve. The trio never saw the race because they had to rescue a victim in a speeder. That was Obi-Wan Kenobi and he saw the light-saber and asked Boyd to come with him to Mos Espa. Luciano and Alwin had to bring the light-saber to Moniron where they settled in the valley of Eled-Hir. Luciano met more Jedi there. Healer Enga Mariss had escaped with an initiate in a transport piloted by Vanrood. Kaagi Adin and Aaqu Maerhin are working there at the healers academy. Kaagi is married and has a son. A meeting with Hank Welling had Luciano with a job in Monir as head of the firefighter-school and Alwin as a healer and leading the firefighters at Eled-Hir's place. Luciano has an airspeeder and can visit his friends in the valley but he is very busy.

A visit to see the Jedi again will be difficult because no public transport services the valley.

Erdin is here. I have to go.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Great summary of events near and far =D=

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    big events are unfolding in the next entry

Entry 58

Lots of work had me unable to record anything in my diary but today I had to shield when I found billions of lives snuffed out in an instant.

Matt Kulmaro called all of us for a meeting in the restaurant. He showed the anguish on his face.

In the evening we watched the GEN (General Empire News). The grey-clad reporter was declaring that the treacherous planet Alderaan was erased from the galaxy.

I started to cry. My friends in Alladea all gone.

Comforted by Erdin and Matt they pointed to the holotube where a fight between a black trooper and a Jedi-knight was beginning.

The announcer said 'Darth Vader is slaying his nemesis'

I thought I recognized the Jedi-knight and when he saluted and closed his eyes I knew. Obi-Wan Kenobi was there and protecting a boy and girl running away.

A red light-saber cut and only a brown cloak was settling down.

Matt said 'he knows. Now he is one with the eternity. Tomorrow we have a ceremony for Jedi-knight Obi-Wan Kenobi on the beach.'

Darth_Furio likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Definitely devastating =D=

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  12. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Hearing about mass deaths in any galaxy would be heart breaking.

13. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    for him sure because he lost friends on Alderaan
    loosing and unable to do something

Entry 59

That ceremony on the beach led to my diary becoming lost again. Yes, it was stuffed into the jacket of my formal dress uniform. No way to record what had happened in the last years. I heard from Erdin that Steve Magaron is now working in Monir at the special ops department of Monir police. Will he keep that job?

I don't like the cermonial uniform very much. Someone has to come with a new design. The collar is a torture-device. Erdin calls it an indestructible prison. But we have to wear it now for the festivities.

Tobe Amauta had his wife removing the collar and Matt was laughing when he came in. 'You go up first and make sure those reporters see you.'

Great joy and festivities in all the towns, villages, farms and cottages.

And not only here on Moniron but everywhere in the galaxy.

Anakin is redeemed.

Palpatine is gone.

In a big battle the Death Star was destroyed.

A new republic will form but Moniron will stay independent. We don't exist for the galaxy.

And we know there are more planets. The Sheir-Irel visit us regularly and have revealed that Lingala and Varanko are protected by them. The new republic has even declared them as planets of death with a deadly virus making life impossible. Space-buoys are warning all craft to stay away. My friends on Lingala are safe and...

My pager. I have to stop.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Momentous changes and a ceremony to celebrate with uniforms that chafe [face_laugh]

15. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Would hate to live on those systems with the virus. eek

16. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and more trouble coming with that uniform
    A great way to keep the republic away

Entry 60

I found my diary again in my formal dress uniform, the thing I dislike and don't want to wear at all and forgetting to get it most of the time. Tobe's appearance didn't work. He had to rush to the second emergency before he had to go to the town-hall and after I was called away for the first incident. Only Matt, Shirin and Erdin had to endure the torture of the collar during the ceremony in the town-hall to celebrate the end of the empire. And there was a banquet that lasted for five hours.

I had to take the thing when I was invited to come to Monir.

A week ago I attended the ceremony for John Vanrood. He became one with the eternity after living 91 years. He has been leading Moniron donor since he settled on Moniron at the place of Eled-Hir and appointed Galin Mayama as his successor. President Eren-Mil spoke words of praise when he revealed the statue in the great hall of the Monir university hospital.

After the ceremony I met Luciano Robi. He invited me to stay in the school for the Monir firefighter-games. I could sleep in the dormitory.

I did and had fun.

Firefighter Errin Sebin was the captain of the winning team and he was dunked by his crew in the pond. I was there to help him with a dry towel and he began telling me about his injury after the festivities in Monir. Youths had begun rioting and were throwing rocks. One rock hit Errin and he suffered broken ribs. And with Luciano seeing that after his return he was brought to the hospital. Very reluctantly, yeah that's with us firefighters the case.

Rookie Neil Mosely was on his team and wants to become a battalion chief like me. He has already an impressive record finishing two studies at the Monir university to become a construction engineer and a lawyer. But being a firefighter became his goal coming from a family of firefighters and he entered the firefighter-school a year ago.

I have to stop and get my stuff. The transport to Noranan is leaving in one hour.

Darth_Furio likes this.
  17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent fun and meetings as Neil stays with the family tradition ;)

18. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Since the Republic had returned, people could go back to getting an education and think about the future without worrying about tyrannic entities.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Neil will appear more
    no but there are Vong and Sith out there

Entry 61

I found my diary again and no more guesses where it was; in my formal dress uniform. I didn't need that at all and my work kept me very busy.

Today I needed my uniform because of this.

Four months ago Lionel Keranan – a firefighter from station six – had been with his mother to a show for molonin-sheep and nerfs and was driving the truck outside the stadium when disaster struck in the form of another truck loaded with wood. Lionel had broken bones and was the last to be freed by the Rondor-firedepartment. His mother died after being without the Force due to an overdose of draxinon, a medicine to put midichlorians (engwa eiaala) to hibernate. Lionel refused to heal and leave his wheelchair until his father guided him to a new truck with some tufts of hair belonging to molonin and another animal. Lionel met the five husans his father had bought. They were the mares Zunia, Feana, Freya and the two stallions Arano and Sarhan. He became friends with young Sarhan after his father placed him on the back of the stallion. Lionel regained the use of his legs and rode on Sarhan to station six. He wanted to take the physical.

Lionel did take the physical today.

I went with him to station six to officially clear him for duty. And what did I wear? The formal dress uniform. I donned it and could record this entry.

20. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Tragic loss for Lionel but great that he has friends and a nice new job.

21. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    and with a lot more entries to come here is

Entry 62

I had to go to the dresser for a new formal dress uniform and had to take the old one to supplies and what was there in one of the pockets? My diary. I should have remembered that years ago that diary and uniform are big friends but uniform and Ivano not. I keep that constricting thing as far away from me as possible and that's in the closet. The new one has a slight improvement. The collar that keeps your head trapped is gone.

Now I can record where I have been the past few days.

Monir Central came with the message that instructor Robi had died in his sleep. I donned my new formal dress uniform, hurried to take a public transport and could attend the ceremony.

I remember him coming as a 10 year old boy with his father to the Alladea-station celebrating his birthday. He dressed in my coat after getting a helmet from his father. That was 78 years ago.

And that day when I was at the big incident in Alladea where Luciano and his crew were busy. He went soon after that incident to Coruscant where he was serving in the Jedi-temple fire-station when I met him again.

And the many meetings in Monir after I met him for the first time when he was leading the Monir firefighting school.

I remember him fondly and know that he is now with his beloved ones.

I have to go. Some house-cleaning to do.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lots of memories =D=

23. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    I have house cleaning too. ;) Great looking back on friends.

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    house cleaning can lead to more cleaning

Entry 63

Not the formal dress uniform this time but a bucket with old cleaning rags was responsible for not seeing my diary for what? 10 years? Yes, not exactly 10 years but close. I must have put that old bucket in my shed after getting a rag to do the house-cleaning. And after the cleaning my pager had me rushing away. The diary must have slipped from my pocket.

Today I needed an old rag to clean my airspeeder covered with volcanic dust and found my diary. Now I can record what happened this morning.

After an exercise I was walking past the dispatch room when one of the dispatchers saw me. He asked; 'Ivano can you go to the high pass of Mount Moniron leading to the darrin valley? You have been there. Doctor Soron Adameh called for help after a visit to the lake to collect draxin. His groundspeeder has broken down. A fast airspeeder can make the difference for him. A medevac from Rondor is coming but you will be there before it arrives.'

I told him that I would go. I was still dressed in my fatigues and loaded some blankets in the airspeeder before taking off. On that pass it's below freezing. And the darrin valley; I don't have to go there.

I have been there four years ago leading a search-party for two tourists lost when they were climbing the now dormant volcano mount Moniron. Using your powers was impossible. Avoiding all contact with the minerals was possible, being very careful and using protective gear and BA-sets. Contact with the mineral draxin can lead to dead midichlorians and the infamous treatment to get rid of them. You can see the difference between rocks containing draxin and others. Droids not and that's why they are not used for the collecting. The shores of the lake in the valley are the places where draxin is collected to make the Force-suppressing medicine draxinon. It puts midichlorians into hibernation. An overdose can rob a Force sensitive like a Dunai or Dunai elder of all his powers and can even kill when the patient is unable to cope with the loss.

Coming on the high pass I spotted the groundspeeder with Soron inside. He was conscious, shivering and suffering from hypothermia, sporting an IV with an empty bag of the sickly green mayhem midillamin and a half-full bag of IV-fluid. And he had smiling eyes.

I wrapped him in blankets and asked dispatch when the medevac would arrive. We had to wait. Something more urgent had diverted the medevac.

I told dispatch that I would get Soron to Rondor. I helped him into the airspeeder and took off.

Soron told me about the draxin collecting showing me the bag with the minerals. He was contaminated when a gust of wind blew dust into his face. He was suffering from dead midi-chlorians needing the treatment. Thanks to the freezing temperature he was free from dead midi's and only nauseous. He had finished his story when we were touching down on the roof of the hospital in Rondor. Medics put him on a stretcher and gave me my blankets back.

I returned to the station and saw the looks the guys were giving it. A smiling chief commander Matt Kulmaro told me to take the airspeeder and blankets home for some cleaning. Vomit and volcanic dust was everywhere. And that's why I needed a rag and found my diary.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  25. Darth_Furio

Apr 17, 2008
    Draxion sounds dangerous in the wrong hands. Vomit and Volcanic dust seem like they would hard to get out of your clothes. :p