main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Kotor? remake? is? probably? (not?) happening?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jid123Sheeve, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Wait actually 2024 since EA still has the license until that year

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I doubt the overall narrative will change that much, wake up on ship with blank brain, land on Tarris, bounce around the galaxy to locate the Star Forge maps, find out you're Revan, big fight with Malak and you're either lightside or darkside. Game over. but I'm expecting some swerves and differences along the way. But it will fundamentally be a remake and I expect new stuff to happen in the confines of that narrative. Like maybe how they find Bastila on Taris (or how they find any of the other characters) could be completely different. Maybe they find HK on the underwater world or what have you. When you expect thing A to happen in the remake because you played it something else happens. But the overall story arc will be the same is pretty likely.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think at most you get a few extra side quests

4. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Hopefully the galaxy will be made to feel bigger. It's obvious why, but it feels weird having every companion's story conveniently tied up on the same few planets.

Also, "Kash-EEK".

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I hope they get a lot of the original voice cast

TheMechanical0ne likes this.
  6. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    I don't think there is a point in making "You are Revan" a twist again. I think everyone knows this already. It's like Vader twist.
    It would be cool if you started out as Darth Revan, and then experience Malak betraying you and your capture by the Jedi.
    Reminds me of God of War 3, when you start all-powerful, and then you are stripped of all your skills and powers, and cast down into the underworld.

7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    nah, no way. The "You are Revan" twist is engrained in the fabric of the story, ain't no way they're passing on that. Also there will probably be some (some!) players who don't know it and it's a fantastic twist. It'd be like remaking Empire Strikes Back where Vader isn't Luke's father.

Although starting off as Revan so you know it already is interesting but a lot of the story of KOTOR is finding out all this stuff about Revan and then the player is Revan which is why it works so well.

I am expecting different side-quests and characters pop up different locations and what have you. Maybe even different endings to each character's story in different locations. Maybe even an entirely new planet/location. But broad strokes, it'll be the same story.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    If Trask isn’t in their game as the most blatant tutorial ever

Riv_Shiel and TheMechanical0ne like this.
  9. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I do wonder how you do remake the twist that everyone knows.

10. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Is it even an RPG, with choices? I mean they could (not saying they will) make it more actiony like Jedi Fallen order, with out player choice.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    We don’t know at this point. I am assuming yes it will be

12. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    i am making no assumptions.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Probably better that way

14. silentfault

Mar 5, 2021
    I guess it will be something like Witcher 3.
    Not going to lie, I actually quite enjoy KotOR DnD mechanics. It's relaxing. Not so fond of your typical action RPG that oversaturated the market in the last 10 years, but I am more than certain that's the route they're likely going to take.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think you can definitely kiss those goodbye

AusStig likes this.
  16. TheMechanical0ne

TheMechanical0ne Jedi Master star 1

Aug 24, 2014
    Long have I waited.
    I literally have no words to describe both the excitement and caution I am feeling at this moment.

BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  17. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    If they don't know already, anyone interested in the game will probably have that twist spoiled over the next couple of years.

The option to play as a near-human would be a cool addition.

---

Seeing all of the little details that have been introduced since 2003 integrated back into KotOR will be fun. Like the name 'beskar'.

18. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    it felt like giving orders. Kinda like an rts. Eh I don't mind the action ones, haven't played witcher 3.

19. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I can't help but be a little bit excited, although too burnt out on Star Wars to be too optimistic. I just hope the ship cutscenes look great, always liked KotOR ship design (prequel-influenced but not as obvious as SWTOR later would be). It'd be great if the final battle looked as epic as Mass Effect 1's ending.

Nom von Anor likes this.
  20. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    If they're going to change stuff up, I'm thinking maybe redo the light and dark side system? Seems rather annoying how in KOTOR you just have to commit to being full light side or full dark side, or else you get penalized.

Also, make the laser and blaster bolts look more like they do in the movies, instead of these colored blobs or pellets.

21. silentfault

Mar 5, 2021
    Apathy is death :p

And all those choices never really mattered in KotOR 1. The only choice that mattered was the one in the Rakata temple, when Bastila confronts you. You can literally be 100% Dark Side, choose Light Side in that moment, and the Republic will give you a medal, while you stand there looking like a zombie with glowing yellow eyes :D

Riv_Shiel, Alpha-Red and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  22. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    For me, my favorite memory was when I first came across Ja'Gatcha. I love Star Wars aliens with unique designs and after wadding though hordes of Aqualish, Rodians, Ithorians and Twi'leks I was super excited by not only an unfamiliar design but a super creative one at that.

23. VexedAtVohai

Jul 4, 2020
    More from that StarWars.com article:
    (emphasis mine)

I think this approach makes sense. As scary as change may be for some, the expectations people have of RPGs today are not the same as in 2003. It's evoking the feel of the original that matters.

24. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    At present I’m drawing on FF7R as an example of what we’ll end up with.

IgnusDei, BigAl6ft6 and Jedi Ben like this.
  25. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    So where will they split it?