main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indy 5 Indiana Jones & The Dial of Destiny All Aboard the Hype Train to June 2023!

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by choccy, Mar 15, 2016.

1. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Hopefully a trailer for Christmas.

2. Fistful Of Fistos

Fistful Of Fistos Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 26, 2019
    I'm glad they dropped the idea of using Chris Pratt for roles played by Harrison Ford.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I think that was mostly a joke

4. Fistful Of Fistos

Fistful Of Fistos Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 26, 2019
    Ya never know...

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    christophero30 likes this.
  6. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    Perhaps, but being raised in NY, the NY Post is a bit of a joke newspaper.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I grew up in CT at the NYC end - Daily News was my favorite NY paper. I only chose this version as it was free to read.

christophero30 likes this.
  8. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    It does make sense that they would continue with that character. Hopefully this means she is good in the film.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  9. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    True. I'm not that familiar with her as an actress - I know of her but can't remember if I've seen anything she's been in.

10. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Um, Solo? :p
    Yes, you didn't actually see her, but she was in it ;)

As for the rumour, it reads like someone was supposed to write something about the movie and made up the first thing that could deliver some attention. It's Indiana Jones, nobody replaces him as the lead. They may introduce characters who have an important role, maybe even with the hope of using said character in a future spin-ofl, but that's about it. Kathleen Kennedy, of all people, wouldn't change Indiana Jones into being about anything but Indiana Jones. It would be like doing a James Bond movie where James Bond would not be the lead.

11. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Forgot about Solo since we didn't see her as herself. I stand corrected.

12. paradigmes

paradigmes Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 9, 2021
    She may be the lead in future adventure film of similar type or maybe spin-off, but how can she be lead in Indiana Jones when she is not Indiana Jones?

13. Scoffed-Gherkin

Scoffed-Gherkin Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 11, 2021
    Can’t say an 80-year-old Indiana Jones particularly excites me.

14. R.D.

R.D. Jedi Master star 3

Nov 26, 2015
    Well, we know at least that it won't be entirely Old Indy...

15. paradigmes

paradigmes Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 9, 2021
    I too thought this about 65 year old Indy in "Crystal Skull", and whilst I do not think that film is the best one, Harrison Ford is actor who manage to still be a huge draw and convince as Indy even in his senior years. I will be watching for him first, because he makes the role despite his age. I trust Mangold to make this age appropriate adventure for Indy. Will we see him running around and swing on the vines as much? Probably no, but like in "Crystal Skull" during the scenes where he is looking at the clues to the graveyard or trying to open the tomb to Orellana Cradle, this stuff is still fun and he can do it.

KyleKartan, GunganSlayer and Sarge like this.
  16. Dr Silva

Dr Silva Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 23, 2021
    Sorry folks Indiana Jones is a trilogy , Raiders, Temple and Last Crusade, Indy riding off into sunset with his dad Henry Jones Sr and good friend Sallah is how it will always be for me .

Last edited: Sep 13, 2021
  17. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Well no one is forcing you to see it. So this probably isn't the thread you're looking for.

KyleKartan and GunganSlayer like this.
  18. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    "Most", yes, but Europe is still very far from everyone being vaccinated. Around 70% of people over 18 have been vaccinated in the EU/EEA (and around 65% in the UK). That leaves almost a third of the adult population, and most minors, unvaccinated.

Don't forget Marcus Brody.
    I'm not much of a fan of KOTCS either, and don't rewatch it together with the earlier three, but I'm still looking forward to this one. I'm not going to decide to dislike this film before I've seen it.

19. DartJackson

DartJackson Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 26, 2020
    When will the full official title of the film be announced?

20. KyleKartan

KyleKartan Force Ghost star 4

Feb 4, 2004
    We do have the same problems as you guys in the US: uneducated stupid right wing a-holes wont get vaccinated no matter what. They want the virus to stay to destroy the system. Iam so full of those people.

I wasnt even aware of this world wide anti vaccine movement before corona. I dont get it. Kids in africa die because they dont have vaccines and the first word/western world says: no, vaccines are dangerous. Its sooooo stupid! Where does this thing to be AGAINS vaccines comes from anyway? When did it become a thing? Its so utterly stupid.

GunganSlayer and Leoluca Randisi like this.
  21. Scoffed-Gherkin

Scoffed-Gherkin Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 11, 2021
    Indiana Jones and the Retirement Home

22. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    These movies usually takes up to 5 or 6 months of filming. Since it started in june, then i suppose it should be over by the end of november...

Do we know if Harrison Ford was able to shoot in august and/or september? Does it mean filming will take longer? If they're done by end of november, they only have 7 months left for postprod, not a lot of time! If shooting takes longer because of Ford's injury it's even worse. Lucasfilm shouldnt be rushing things, isnt that the main complain about their SW movies output?

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
  23. christophero30

May 18, 2017
    An old Indy joke. How original.

24. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    She can’t. It’s completely ridiculous.

25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I'm not from the US. But agreed.

Of course she can't be Indiana Jones, but they could make spin-offs with her character if they so wished. I don't find that to be ridiculous.

Darth Chiznuk and Sarge like this.