main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Animated Shorts Star Wars: Visions - General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Dec 10, 2020.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  3. DarthRamRod

DarthRamRod Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 1, 2018
    It'd be hilarious if it was one of the 10 minute ones.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Apperently it's one of the best ones among the visions,

DarthRamRod likes this.
  5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I get what you are saying but I don't want to take anything away from Marvel What If....? They have been pretty good and if you ask me the run time is pretty decent. All in all, I am impressed by WandaVision, Falcon and the Winter Soilder, Loki and now there first animated series. I was disappointed when they announced the run times for Vision but maybe the time they have is what they needed to tell their story. Bottom line, the What If series also has had quality animation and very good storytelling.

6. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    While a cool idea I kind of don’t see the point? It comes out the next day and I feel like those motivated to stay to watch a Star Wars anime short would already be subscribed to D+.

Still waiting to see Shang Chi. Haven’t been to the cinemas since 2019 as they have barely been open during the pandemic down here in Australia.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  7. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    "..something akin to a traditional Japanese river boat, unlike anything we’ve seen in Star Wars before."

Because it is a traditional Japanese river boat... from Japan, and not the GFFA.

8. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Two days...

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  9. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I'm looking forward to them, the reviews have been glorious. I love the teaser poster.

10. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016

Last edited: Sep 20, 2021
  11. DarthRamRod

Oct 1, 2018
    There were some bits of the first trailer that looked exactly like regular anime and you wouldn't know those bits had anything to do with Star Wars .

I'm weirdly looking forward to AND dreading this series.

12. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    It doesn't seem like any of these shorts are going to technically be canon, and the mission statement was for the anime studios to reinvent the GFFA from their unique cultural and artistic lens. Not exactly sure how that's translating to consternation for some.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope this is a testing ground for more anime star wars, maybe make some canon ones in the future.

14. DarthRamRod

Oct 1, 2018
    For me it's not a matter of whether it's canon or not, it's whether or not some episodes are essentially just a skin. Granted it was only trailer but some bits looked like the studio was making some other show when Lucasfilm called and the studio just slapped the name Star Wars on it.

CrazyOldJedi likes this.
  15. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I mean all the directors signed up because they're all big Star Wars fans and wanted to do their own spin on the universe; all the shorts were explicitly made with this particular franchise in mind, but these are also very Japanese directors with very Japanese lenses, so it really shouldn't be surprising that some of these have extremely heavy Japanese elements.

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    No.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2021
  17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    No links to leaks and off-sites leaking.

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s almost time!

PymParticles likes this.
  19. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Episodes are live!

20. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Reminder that spoilers are to be behind spoiler tags until otherwise stated.

21. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    First two down. :redsaber::boba: Man, this is fun

22. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    I watched these with subtitles, was there any English options?

23. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Yes, they have English audio options.

That first episode was hauntingly beautiful, it really was stunningly made and somehow managed to incorporate anime, classic cinema, samurai movies, Star Wars and space westerns into a coherent, EPIC 14 minute short, kudos!

Sarge likes this.
  24. choccy

choccy Jedi Grand Master star 2

Apr 18, 2004
    Found Audio options now

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  25. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    There is a little box on the pause screen (once you pause it) in the top right corner, click on that and choose the English audio option.