main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sidious, Snoke and Salacious B Crumb’s Sarcastic and Sassy Situation Saloon (Fanfic Social Thread)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Oct 11, 2017.

1. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
  2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I’ve been home alone for five days and it hasn’t been great. I had some good zoom calls, but the friend who talked me into hanging out with her on Saturday was kind of a drain on my energy because she was combining a difficult medication adjustment and lack of sleep and didn’t get that it was okay to cancel under those circumstances. I’ve stress-eaten a lot this last week.

Chyntuck and amidalachick like this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    We are here for you

4. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I mean, I was one of those people who spent mid-March to about mid-June 2020 without seeing another human in person. I had weekly Zoom meetings but that was pretty much it. So 5 days is nothing to me. My advice is to do what you can to stay sane - it's okay to think short term and indulge in comfort food and media.

So I have a flight on Friday and I'm kinda freaking out. I'm double vaxxed and I'll be wearing both a face mask and a face shield, but it still feels kinda weird. And unfortunately my new face masks wont be here in time. I have one new one that fits me well I plan to wear for my flight there and back, but I HATE stinky face masks so I'm going to try de-odorizing a couple of my other ones again to wear while I'm there. Maybe less water and more baking soda will help.

Edit: victory against the mask stank! Minimal water (just to cover them in the bucket), extremely hot, about 3/4 of a cup of baking soda (probably overkill but this box of baking soda has been open for awhile so it's probably getting time to throw it out anyways), I agitated them a bit by hand and then let them soak for about a half hour. Then into the wash on the highest heat setting with a detergent strip (I use these and they are the BEST), some scent beads, and then into the dryer. They all now smell quite lovely.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
  5. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    No longer home alone, nominally. (I’ve seen my roommate twice in the kitchen, once on the stairs. Now she’s out with friends.) I’m currently trying to not fall asleep early.

Chyntuck, mavjade and amidalachick like this.
  6. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    So the universe continues to hate me. My car (along with like 4 others in the parkade) was broken into last night and my window smashed. All they took was my fanny pack with my spare glucose meter and (prescription) sun glasses (not the $1000 wheelchair attachment so guess I'm lucky). I had to file a police report for the first time in my life, then had my sister come over to help me clean up the glass enough so I could drive it to the autobody shop. They were thankfully really nice and said I could just leave it there until I'm back in town/it's fixed.

Because I'm leaving tomorrow and I might not come back.

I already told my manager I am starting my holidays early.

Chyntuck likes this.
  7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    KOTOR remake for the PS5 here we come!

Chyntuck, gizkaspice and mavjade like this.
  8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Is anyone else watching Marvel's What If...? They are killing it with all of these shows, this one make me want to write a ton of AUs, though I know the muse won't cooperate.

Thank you for posting what you did! I've got some I really need to do that with as no amount of washing has helped and I also hate mask stink!
    And safe travels! I do think flying the first time will be really weird/nerve-wracking. I think I'll have to in November for a work thing (unless they cancel it, which is up in the air at the moment) and

Oh no!! I'm so sorry, that really sucks. I'm glad they didn't take anything too expensive. My car was broken into when I was in high school, the only thing I had in there of any value was my CD folder. Well, the joke was probably on them because 90% of the CDs were musicals and I figure they didn't have a ton of value to resell. Though I was quite sad to lose all of my music.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2021
    Chyntuck likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I still need to watch the most recent episode

Chyntuck likes this.
  10. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    @Briannakin Oh no! That sucks, sorry to hear you have to go through all that! Glad the repair shop was easy to deal with at least. And I hope you enjoy your holidays because you totally deserve a break!

Chyntuck likes this.
  11. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    I'm just watching the most recent episode now! I forgot it came out last night. I think the concept is so much fun and I really hope they do more!

Hopefully my methods work for you! Mask stink is awful and it seems like such a waste to throw them out.

One of my old roommates has a similar story. He is the son of a pastor and had his own Christian rock band. They stole a CD folder full of gospel music and a box full of copies of his band's worship CD. It sucked that he lost it all but it was also really funny.

All they got from me was a fanny pack I use for work so it just had some diabetic supplies, some snacks and business cards. I'm far more pissed about my window. From now on, I'm just not going to leave anything in there that even looks like it could hold something valuable.

At least the bright side I get to buy a new fanny pack for work. I think I'm going to treat myself this time (I deserve it!) but I'm having a hard time picking out the colour. They are all so pretty.

Thanks! My brain is already on vacation mode at this point

12. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    I heard about it today when my son texted me asking for the Disney+ password. I watched the trailer and thought...isn't this just AU fanfiction? I decided anything like fanfiction might be a good show. :)

Chyntuck likes this.
  13. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    It’s like the Star Wars Infinities. I need to catch up.

Chyntuck likes this.
  14. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    The trailer for Hawkeye (the TV show) dropped today. That was the one I was least interested in when Marvel was saying what they were doing, but now that I've seen the trailer, I'm 100% in. It looks awesome, and they've shown they really know how to these shows.

I totally thought I replied to you the other day, but I guess not. :oops:It kinda is. Comics have a long history of doing alternate universes and these are based on some of those comics. The show is kinda a series of stand alones except for they are somewhat connected by a character called The Watcher so that makes for an interesting dynamic. It's a fun show.

Chyntuck and DarthIshtar like this.
  15. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I haven’t seen the trailer for Hawkeye and am similarly not as interested, so now I need to watch it and have my interest piqued.

Chyntuck and mavjade like this.
  16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    My hope for What If is that it will be popular enough for there to be a Star Wars version. I know SW did dabble in that comic tradition but Marvel is all over when it comes to AUs and multiple canons.

I'm back from my visit to my family. The town hasn't changed at all in the 2 years since I moved. It's so boring and I am so happy I left (my life might be a hot mess here... but at least it's entertaining). It also made me appreciate living alone (god my mom's boyfriend is annoying). But it was nice to have a mental break from work and physically be away. Travelling wasn't too bad, but I was also on a little tiny regional airline. I'm used to small planes, but these were 16 seat planes with 8 passengers (each way) and no flight attendants, just the two pilots. It was kinda an interesting experience. On my flight today, they left the cockpit door open so we were all able to watch.

I took an extra day off tomorrow. My house is decently clean, so I can push that chore till the weekend, I did laundry there, so I got nothing I need to do (I'm getting groceries delivered tomorrow since my car isn't fixed). I'm just going to have some needed alone time.

17. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Extremely hyped about this. Looking forward to seeing how they visually improve Lehon (Unknown World) so my Revan can just stay there again and photograph gizka all day instead of saving the Galaxy :p

Chyntuck likes this.
  18. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    That does sound interesting. How was the legroom?

Chyntuck likes this.
  19. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Meh, about average for an economy ticket (though all the seats were the same). What was kinda annoying was there were no overhead bins so my carry-on bag had to go under the seat in front of me. Kinda expected this so I Sky-checked my duffle bag (basically there's a trolley as you board the plane and you grab your bag as you leave - it's free and faster than checked luggage) and I just used my tiny backpack for all my electronics and medical supplies. But since there were no flight attendants (and no one across the aisle or in front of me) I just stuck my legs out in the aisle.

The seats themselves were rather small. Fine enough for an hour flight but I wouldn't want to have to sit in one for a long-distance flight. Definitely an interesting experience.

I'm very glad I took today off too. I laid in bed very late, now I'm just waiting on my groceries. I think after they get delivered I'm going to pop some popcorn and spend a random Wednesday afternoon watching movies. Perfect way to conclude my vacation time. It's really wet and cold here today so I don't feel guilty at all for cuddling up and doing nothing.

Chyntuck, amidalachick and jcgoble3 like this.
  20. mavjade

Sep 10, 2005
    Flying with no flight attendants would feel weird, I'd think. I've been on a regional jet that small and there was one. I guess that was COVID related? When I was on a sea plane there weren't any, but that thing is tiny and I don't think they want the extra weight of a person. (And let me tell you, that was an interesting experience, the stall warning goes off every time right before you land in the water. It's a little disconcerting.)

I would love for that to happen!! They are doing Star Wars: Visions which is an anthology anime series which from the trailer seemed like might have some AU elements, though I'm not sure. It looked awesome no matter what!

21. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    I have officially begun the process of ending my time in college. Eight full-time job applications have been submitted tonight, with more to come. Two employer networking opportunities tomorrow and Friday courtesy of my college as well. I'm ready to be done, but also nervous about what comes next. I suppose that's normal.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Hey everyone

Chyntuck likes this.
  23. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Hi there!

I got asked by an opera company to review their new production of Madame Butterfly. There was a tech problem for the broadcast, so the options were to not review or come in person on the 15th, 17th, or 19th. I could only come tonight and granted the request of a guy I know from church to come.

What. A. Nightmare. The opera was great. But he demanded that I provide him with food, yelled at me for giving him directions, got lost twice because he wouldn’t take directions, complained that the opera by Puccini in Italian had supertitles and he didn’t come to a play to READ, complained about me on Facebook and said he had been doing me a favor. Also refused to wear a mask and is not vaccinated.

This is the third time a guy from church has invited himself to my night out and then been a jerk. I thought I could get to have more male friends around here that way. So much for that.

Chyntuck likes this.
  24. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Ugh, he sounds awful! Sorry that happened to you, Ish! :(

So I just discovered Chromeo (a really fun band I listen to sometimes when I want something purely fun and upbeat) released an album about the pandemic and quarantine, and it is amazing. I mean, how can you not love lyrics like this:

If I could reincarnate
    Tonight
    I would be your Clorox wipe
    'Cause I know in this climate
    You might
    Finally want me in your life
    I'll be your Clorox wipe

Seriously, it's all so relatable, and it's also the first thing in a while that's legit made me laugh, so I wanted to share it here! :D

EDIT: Forgot to say, @jcgoble3, it's totally normal to be nervous about change and taking those next steps after college! Best of luck with the job hunt and everything else! [:D]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2021
    Chyntuck, DarthIshtar and jcgoble3 like this.
  25. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    BAHAHAHA. I've never heard of Chromeo but they are really fun!

My sister bought me some pins to support an artist friend of hers, and I had a couple I had collected over the years that I thought were cool but never knew what to do with them... so I stuck them on the back of my wheelchair (it's a mesh material anyways) and it actually looks really cool! I went on RedBubble to find a Bartlet for America pin and got lost in a black hole of West Wing pins, LGBTQ pins, and just generally vulgar pins. I don't think I want to plaster the back (I don't have that much room) but I want them all!!!!

I still don't have my car yet so I need to start making plans to get my ballot into the elections office by Monday (I opted to do mail-in voting but I'm not going to get to the post office by the deadline tonight). I WANNA VOTE but it's annoyingly inconvenient for me this election.