main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit A/V Kotor? remake? is? probably? (not?) happening?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Jid123Sheeve, Sep 9, 2021.

1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    I almost bought Grogu slippers yesterday. :D

2. I think the remake will be new canon they will delete SWTOR and make a new KOTOR 3 instead SWTOR and Revan novel will be Legends

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2021
  3. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Those aren’t canon. I’m talking about their mentions in the post-Lucas Star Wars universe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Only the sith in name are canon, Revan, Plagueis sith master, Naga Shadow and Exar Kun.

5. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Poor Revan... first the Sith Emperor brainwashed him to become a Sith, then the Jedi brainwashed him to become Jedi again and then his brain was all mushy so that he even forgot his gender or which companion he dated in his little hippie commune. He is a wreck and historians sort the mess into heroic tales that are barely there. They stole his life and made him a blank slate propaganda can fill by both sides of the future war when the Sith Emperors legions faced the Republic and Jedi. But with people on both sides believing these legends about Revan... he post mortem became the single unifying point that could bridge Jedi and Sith, Republic and Empire and reunite the galaxy as they all followed a dream he neither had nor was to union.

(Why does that now remind me of Life of Brian? Lol... a hero without heroism that founded a religion and was the playball of propaganda from all factions, be it Judäa or Rome)

All hail the sandal of Revan!

MercenaryAce, Gerak and VexedAtVohai like this.
  6. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    I would watch this movie.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  7. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Your wrong, Revan is Lord! Lol your post made me laugh. :)

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  8. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I agree with this post wholeheartedly. That being said though, the last time they tried this, fans slaughtered them for it (RIP to the Revan book). It's almost a lose-lose situation.

Personally, I'd rather know too much about a character than too little.

AusStig and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  9. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I prefer some mystery. Some mystique. Otherwise there isn’t much to elaborate on.

10. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I think the only way for there to be a more defined Revan character is to opt for a linear narrative. That does mean losing both the player created character and player choices though.

11. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    A way to have both is to make the remake linear like you say, and make a special ed of Kotor that is the same as the original in every way except the graphics are updated to look like the remake.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Nice idea, but unless they change it from remake to remaster, I'm sceptical it'll happen.

To a degree the two products do oppose each other too.

Do we then need a new Sith lord tale? Before KotOR came out there was no Revan, after all.

There's a good few other untold Sith stories that could be tapped into.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    Kato Sai likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I wonder if Darth Revan could work in a game like Uncharted or Last of us type of game?

14. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Probably be closer to Uncharted, as there you kill entire armies.

But I think there is value in getting away from Revan - as there's millions of versions - and doing what KotOR did originally, with a new character.

15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I think Revan could work in about any game style. Heck I’d love a FPS, like how the Jedi Knight series allowed you to switch between first and third person views.

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    A more action style of gameplay might well enable that. Plus quite a few games have been enabling first person view where you wouldn't expect it.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I love a game like uncharted, where it feels you play as in a movie.

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You ought to start on Trails of Cold Steel, but you have to start with the first one.

It's a very ambitious JRPG epic.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  19. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    Yeah I don't know who vetoed the remaster Idea, but they are a fool. This is the age of remasters not remakes. People want why they had before, but looking better and maybe improved gameplay. This is a lot of peoples fav game or at least one they hold dearly. So messing with the story (which they will do, you don't hire 4+ writers just to ad some side quests), the thing, people REALLY like is a bad idea.

I think there will be backlash, simply because they are changing things. And then the people who don't like it will be called sexist/homophobic/etc, just like one of the writers already did to people who don't like Rey in TLJ. So get ready for that, "Fun" times.

Kato Sai likes this.
  20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I'm not so convinced of that. I think this is Disney/LFL looking at the big Resi 2 / FF7 remake pies and they want a slice!

Improved audio-visuals? Equals remaster. Once you start changing the gameplay you are into remake territory.

21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

And honestly i think that their are certain things in the gameplay that could use a massive upgrade and retooling.

Not to mention again added options for choices. Like Female Revan X Bastilla or Male Revan X Karth romance option.

22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Character creation, choices - are the biggest challenges for Disney.

The developers will likely consider it all standard stuff, but it probably won't look that way to Disney. Probably look far more radical.

It wouldn't be the first project that got signed off without its corporate masters not fully understanding what they were signing off.

23. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    They changed gameplay stuff in the Crash and Spryo remasters. They have also said they will rebuild the ENTIRE thing.

Oh yeah they want ALL THE MONEY.

Also @Jid123Sheeve it's Carth. Krath are a Sith Cult.

Kato Sai likes this.
  24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I
    Ah k....Forgot how to spell it.

AusStig likes this.
  25. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    haha. To honour Carth, I don't want to talk about it.

Barriss_Coffee and VexedAtVohai like this.