main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Animated Shorts Visions: The Twins - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Sep 15, 2021.

?

Grade the episode

Poll closed Oct 6, 2021.
  1. 10

11.6%
  2. 9

7.0%
  3. 8

9.3%
  4. 7

23.3%
  5. 6

16.3%
  6. 5

14.0%
  7. 4

7.0%
  8. 3

4.7%
  9. 2

2.3%
  10. 1

4.7%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [​IMG]

Studio: Trigger
    Director: Hiroyuki Imaishi

clone commander bossk likes this.
  2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    More images-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2021
  3. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    This one wasn't very good IMO. Too ridiculous for my taste.
    Though I did find it to be funny that the humans didn't need space suits, but the droid did. I didn't get the impression that that was intentionally funny though.

4. CampOfSorgan

CampOfSorgan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2020
    Liked the animation and really liked the music in this. First of Visions that I've watched. Not particularly intrigued by the story in this one, but I look forward to watching the other Visions episodes later.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    It was way ridiculous. Moreso than even the old Clone Wars animation. I want to like it for the era but sheesh.

6. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Not really sure what the era is by looking at it. Seems more like an alternate Empire than post-TRoS.

Definitely the most out there, I think.

7. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I also didn't love this one but R-duo (2) haha, nice.

8. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Great episode.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  9. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This one was… okay.

I liked the story and watching it I thought it could actually work really nicely as the backstory for Rey’s father if they retcon him not being Force sensitive. But it was executed a bit too over the top for my liking. Also why the hell did the droid have a space suit on while the humans could survive in space without one? That bothered me more than it should have. :p

6/10

10. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    This was an excuse for a flashy light show, but I enjoyed it.

Maud'dib and CampOfSorgan like this.
  11. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    That's kinda Trigger's MO, so kinda helpful to know going in.
    Yeah I got a big lol out of that, but then again realism and practicality clearly weren't on Imaishi's mind. :p

bstnsx704 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Empire vs Republic kinda means after Endor but pre-ST?

cwustudent and CampOfSorgan like this.
  13. Todd the Jedi

Oct 16, 2008
    I believe they mentioned they're part of the First Order, Am definitely mentioned destroying the Resistance at one point. Plus the montage of their creation was clearly inspired by the labs on Exegol.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I agree, but that museum hangar was weird as. [face_curious] I’m content with it being post-ST, of course.

15. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    The droid in a the spacesuit was just a play on C-3PO’s overly cautious personality. I liked this one overall, good potential to crossover into a live action format down the road.

2 for 3 so far.

16. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    What was the humans in not-spacesuits a play on? :p

17. Vader Bob

Vader Bob Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 8, 2020
    Mary Poppins Lea…?

18. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If we do get a season 2 I am hoping this one gets a continuation

19. dinnertime

dinnertime Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 14, 2020
    This one was a little too avant garde for me but I liked the sibling dynamic.

Sproj and CampOfSorgan like this.
  20. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    I liked it a lot. It was fun.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  21. CISMestizo

CISMestizo Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 14, 2020
    I thought the design and animation were top notch and the sound and music was really good. I didn't mind it being so over the top because that is what they were going for. What really dragged it down more than anything was the dialog. While not excessive It felt really hammy and expositional. It was like they were trying to embody every bad stereotype about anime dialog. I think the Episode would have been far better served if there was no dialog what so ever. Basically a what could of been a 9/10 became a 7 maybe even 6 out of 10 for me.

Riv_Shiel, Sarge and Sproj like this.
  22. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    If anyone said to them "Tone it down a bit.", they said "Oh nonono. We're turning it up to 12!"

Characters yelling big chunks of backstory as they fight was really corny. Forget logic. I loved it.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  23. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    I agree and I think you've nailed with taking the dialog away, so I watched it on mute just to see, give it a go, it is surprisingly better!

CISMestizo likes this.
  24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I'll jump on the 'ridiculous' bandwagon. Interesting that many of us were thinking the same word. As for the dialog, that was some Ric Olie level exposition. The sad part is, I have a sense that the story could have been much better than its telling.

Riv_Shiel, CISMestizo and Sproj like this.
  25. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    It is basically Force Unleashed with a couple of differences (eg: bro and sis / original and clone) but a lot of similarities.