main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The VISIONS Fan Club - All spoilers behind spoiler tags!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 17, 2021.

1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Indeed, One Day More!!! I mean, even Wolverine and Newt Scamander are singing it!! [face_laugh]

2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Minutes to go!

3. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    The Duel spoiler

Well this was sublime. Utterly. So good. So so so good. I cannot under-sell how good this was. Seriously. It was good.

Twins spoiler...

I mean this was a bit of a hodgepodge and I would not lead with it as it may disabuse you from watching more, but that's just me. The Twin Star Destroyer is hilarity design-wise, and the references to the Empire and Republic tickle, but a museum hangar was a thing. All in all, fun, but not what I was expecting because it was, well, INSANE. chuckles. I will rewatch this a few times I think.

On to Ninth Jedi...

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
  5. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    I have seen all but the final two episodes and....

Agreed with Sinre, out of the seven I watched by far the best. Perfect.

The Star Destroyer design is goofy to say the least. The action was perhaps the most visually impressive of the series. Them breathing in space... that isn't a thing right I was constantly confused by that.

Man I was so hyped for this one and it is rather good but I needed like an minute or so of more action with the Elder vs the Master Jedi. The way the Elder spoke and acted was awesome. The two Jedi were perhaps some of the more well-developed characters in overall.

More mini reviews to come but I have class to go to :/

6. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Ok, Ok!! I'm going, I'M GOING TO WATCH IT NAAAOOOO!!!!!!8-}

7. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    Soon....soon, for me.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  8. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    The concept of all Lightsabers all gone and then being rebuilt I quite enjoyed, no idea if it has happened in legends or what not but it was good here. The way they all looked when they saw a lightsaber for the first time in their lives were quite good and the plot twist with all red lightsabers I genuinely gasped. Was not expecting that.

The girl being able to use a lightsaber to deflect blaster fire irked me

A very solid and good episode imo. The lightsaber at the end was pretty awesome and the worldbuilding with the planet and its culture and how they understood the Force in a different way I immensely enjoyed.

I did not, particularly like this episode. It needed perhaps five or so more minutes to establish a few more things and the characters. and was pretty poor in pacing. Seeing Boba and Jabba bop to the music did make me chuckle however...

Was I watching Pinnocoo/Astro Boy? The only episode I watched so far that didn't quite have the DNA of Star Wars grafted into the episode, or so I thought at least. The visual when TOBI kills the inquisitor was really good however.

9. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    *RUNS AWAY!! - because the temptation to click on spoiler tags is too great! But is buoyed by the knowledge that he'll have a whole lot of clicking to do- and responses to make, once he returns!

:D[face_dancing]

10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    I just finished it all. Completely blown away!!! So Amazing!! I'm currently basking and digesting it all.....so gooooooooood!!!! I'm so thankful for good Star Wars stories right now. Visions is something we've ALL been needing for a very long time. ^:)^^:)^^:)^

@Sinrebirth ; Bring on the One Canon cannon!! I'm ready!! :D :D

11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Lop and Ochi

Well that’s neatly in the Dark Times. My eldest loved it to be honest. I found it well enough but a Force sensitive Lepi is so cool and fun! I decided Imperial officers have body armour on underneath their white uniform… also I could not see Krennic doing moves like that. [face_laugh]

12. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    They have beskar underneath their armor? She survived a lightsaber slash... that was a big eyebrow raise for me

I did quite enjoy the episode however

darthbernael and greyjedi125 like this.
  13. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    The Duel was divine.

At last a
    Dark Lady that sent shivers down my spine. She will forever be in my memory, and a reminder to me that the dark side distributes power equally among the sexes.

14. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Agreed, by far the best episode of them all. Exquisite. Her voice actress (I watched in Japanese I cannot speak to the English Voice actress) was chilling, truly chilling.

15. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I watched it in English and voice actress is supurb! Its Lucy Liu in Engl dub, she was in Kill Bill Vol. 1.

16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Duel
    getting its own novel is sublime news

Season Two rumours too!

17. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Ah yes I did hear about that! Exciting stuff

18. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Okay I’ve watched only five so far!

The Elder was a creepy one.
    Seems slightly after the Sith Wars a thousand years before

The Ninth Jedi had me eeek when
    the Sith drew their red blades! But wow. Interesting one to set. No lightsabers for twenty years, eh?

19. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
  20. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I’ll be
    buying that book.

darthbernael and Sinrebirth like this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    So help me God I am on the verge of doing a One Canon RP based on Duel/Ronin.

22. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    You have me in an instant. You here me Sinre? In an instant.

darthbernael and Sinrebirth like this.
  23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    is assaulted by plot bunnies

Do I wait for the Ronin novel?

Then again October 12th isn’t that long off!

darthbernael and Shadowsun like this.
  24. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Ah.... I wanna say no but my heart says yes...

darthbernael likes this.
  25. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I didn’t see an explicit mention of Ronin be a Sith hunting Sith. To me he is neither Jedi or Sith, a Grey perhaps. Him using red blade ai believe throws his opponent off who wonders why he’s using Sith crystals; simple, he took them from Sith he has killed.

TAG: @greyjedi125