main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The VISIONS Fan Club - All spoilers behind spoiler tags!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Sinrebirth , Sep 17, 2021.

1. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    Possibly, but I saw it more as a former Sith that is now more in the Grey side, he certainly is 'No Jedi' as he declares, and is more than fine killing willy nilly. Perhaps the novel will reveal more on his past. I hope so at least. We don't even know his name! Lol.

darthbernael and greyjedi125 like this.
  2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    @Shadowsun

I kinda like him having no name, like Nameless in Hero and of course The Man With No Name.
    I agree he’a more Sith Grey, a Dark Jedi perhaps.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2021
    darthbernael and Shadowsun like this.
  3. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    I do too, I love how we know so little about him. That whole short was a master class of show don't tell... I could write an essay on that episode alone...

4. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    True to GL vision, “show don’t tell.” You should write an essay, I’d love to read it.

darthbernael and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Kato, have you seen the blurb to Ronin?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I did not see the blurb. That’s very helpful! Thank you. Now I need to rewatch with this info.

7. Shadowsun

Jun 26, 2017
    Spoilers for The Duel and the Elder

Ah so indeed as I presumed, former Sith. And yes I will love this novel if they never name him... which is another reason I loved the Elder too, he was so mysterious and yet so brutal and evil. The mixture of his slow, cynical words and his fast-paced movements. Too good.

darthbernael and Sinrebirth like this.
  8. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I have meditated and prayed we’d get more Sith centric content, at last The Immortal Gods of the Sith have answered.
    The fact the Ronin is a compassionate Sith, Passion, the source of a Sith’s power can mean “ardent affection,” is refreshing! At long last the Sith didn’t get the creepy boogeyman treatment. (Duel, I haven’t seen The Elder yet)

darthbernael and Shadowsun like this.
  9. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Okay. I’m sold.

I’ve never been a fan of anime, but this I enjoyed very much. Wow.

10. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Welcome to the anime fold. :)

11. The Jedi in the Pumas

The Jedi in the Pumas Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2018
    Tried watching it in English.

But Japanese was so very much more rewarding. *drools*

12. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Akakiri:

It was neat to see a Sith heal and raise the dead, “the dark side is s pathway to abilities some consider to be unnatural.” (Palpatine)

darthbernael likes this.
  13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    At Sinre's recommendation, I gave this a try. I typically stay far away from anime—it's a stylistic thing for me—but I have to admit, this was pretty good. I thoroughly enjoyed the stories.

I've watched the first three episodes so far, and I intend to follow through with the rest of the series! :D

14. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    If you want to be Ronin from “The Duel” this Halloween or perhaps your kids do, there is a way to get his lightsaber right now.

The answer is the Snake Eyes Katana:

[​IMG]

The blade is translucent and lights up red with fire sound fx:

[​IMG]

Its hard to see in the pic, but at night or the dark, the entire blade becomes red.

The blade length is more Wakashi in size, so not super long like most lightsabers. The hilt and handle really is only good to use for one hand if yiur an adult, but a child could use two handed grip.

I wanted to share because I intend to use it with my Sith saber and Revan helm at Holloween.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2021
  15. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Now that's awesome.

I finally watched The Village Bride,
    I liked it being set during the Dark Times.

As you can tell, I've prioritised the ones I really wanted to see.

Speaking of The Ninth Jedi,
    anyone else swear when the Sith were revealed?

16. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    This is my second favorite, after The Duel. The Sith reveal was masterfully crafted. They got high marks from me just for that.

17. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I have to say Akakiri is my favorite. I love the Duel, but Akakiri did something new for SW on screen:

It showed the dark side is stronger, that Sith can heal and raise the dead. The Jedi can heal, but not raise the dead!

If this was canon it adds legitimacy to Palpatine’s claims Plagueis could do the same; that the power to control life and death does reside with the dark side.

For me this was a mighty boon, showing that the Sith do have “unlimited power” and the Jedi’s acceptance of death as fate and non-attachment is a bad dogma.

18. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    I am uncertain if those claims are canon for the franchise, and though interesting, I still maintain a different opinion regarding the darkside and healing. Since the jedi CAN heal, I found it convenient for the story that the Jedi could not. Overall, his arc seemed incomplete to me, his struggle was so brief against dark temptation, I wondered if it actually happened. Above that, what happened to the Jedi code, there is no death? or no attachment? It was interesting to see how he reacted to the Shogun, which was well portrayed as an alpha. I must point out that reanimation of corpses is not 'life', but a pale imitation, yet a great example of the power of the darkside. Despite Akakiri not being at the top of my list, it was a well crafted reminder of what we know about the overwhelming powers one can tap into through the darkside.

19. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    Interesting, I took away from his flash backs that the Jedi had developed a love affair with woman/ princess, and that his Master warned of temptation: which could be about the Sith Shogun, or the woman he loved being the door to the dark side; which she was.

I got the sense from little pieces and scenes showing his past with her, and serving as a Jedi at the palace, that the door to the dark side, passion, was already bearing fruit and gave birth to coveting her.

I thought this was brilliant lesson on how those we love, and what we will do to keep them safe, and alive can lead us to become Darksiders.

In truth I would rather have passion, and be a slave to the dark side, then be a stoic who never knows ardent affection like a Jedi.

greyjedi125 and darthbernael like this.
  20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Yes, agreed and thanks for the reminder about their love, that was mentioned at the very beginning. The themes were present, for some reason I missed some of the connecting dots. The nightmares were a warning and he did not seek clarity from the force. Indeed, his Master did warn him however, so there was that. I wonder what happens now?

darthbernael likes this.
  21. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    It moved me, that a Jedi fell over love. Yes Anakin did too, but he then destroyed that love.

I do want to point out when the Sith Shogun raises the Princess/ Jedi’s lover from death, she came back as she was; she wasn’t some demonic spirit via divination or necromancy, she returned as herself, even acting bewildered, concerned, horrified, and worried over her Jedi lover’s descent to the dark side and devotion to the Shogun.
    This proved for me, that this was no parlor trick or using mediums to imitate her for deceptive aims, you could see her full conscious self was there as it had been prior to her death.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  22. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Quite true my friend, quite true. (That creative license is a personal point of contention which will remain so for the moment), but something curious happened there visually. Did the Shogun use the Jedi's hand to perform the deed and not her own ( or did I imagine that bit )?. But yes, the Princess was fully herself when she came back. I believed that she was dead, for he was striking to kill. There were definitely some Anakin undertones there. Good stuff all around and your points well presented. Btw, your current avatar gets a big thumbs up!

Kato Sai likes this.
  23. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014

Now I must rewatch it to see if the Shogun uses the Jedi’s hand, Shogun’s hand, or both.

If its the Jedi’s hand, then love is the source of healing power.

You do me great honor. I always hope to present my points with respect, and still honoring the differing point of view.

Thanks! I stumbled on it looking for the Sith Shogun stills.
    Did anyone else noticed Kylo Ren was running around wrecking havok? Joking that is obviously an edit and insert of Ren, but I love it; two of my favorite sabers outside tradition sabers is the Daito (Katana) Saber and Crossguard Saber. :)

Twins thoughts:

This one at firsy t wasn’t to my liking, but what I loved was the idea of genetic grown darksiders. The fighting on star destroyers in space without oxygen masks was ridiculous, I mean this short actually sought to outdo Starkiller’s catch in Ths Force Unleashed.

What I did appreciate was the brother and sister tension on the polar ends of the Force. We never got that on screen (in Darkhorse comics we got it with Dark Empire).

I loved Master Am’s quotes, especially about being born to sacrifice all to the dark side.

Had the star destroyers been in atmosphere, with oxygen, like the ones over Jedha in Rogue One, that would have made the outlandish fight more believable. Then again this short was about going over the top, to convey the strong feelings of kin and the Force. This one had major Gundam and Dragon Ball influences.

greyjedi125 likes this.
  24. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Anyone else think that
    how the Jedi were in a lot of these shorts is how they should have been? Among the people, helping them more than pontificating from Coruscant?

25. Kato Sai

Apr 27, 2014
    I agree. The Jedi in these shorts could help broaden their image from stoic ruminators in temples to actual Guardians of the Peace.

I personally enjoyed the Jedi in The Village Bride. She had such depth, you could see she cared for people being oppressed.

Sarge, Sinrebirth and greyjedi125 like this.