main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit MACLUNKY -- The Lit Forum Maclunky Thread, v3

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Point Given , Sep 12, 2015.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Lol, i don't think it was that bad but ones milage may very when it comes to spiders.

But again, can't wait to hear more thoughts as you proceed, especially if you like me get any Sequel Trilogy vibes from She-Ra.

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  2. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    They weren't that bad, but of course they were also obviously robots so it didn't trigger my arachnophobia. (Yeah, I have it! What of it?!? IT'S A COMMON FEAR!!! :_|)

But no, I'm making a PM for you right now so that I can share all my thoughts on Season 1, which I just finished.

So expect that in a few minutes. XD

3. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Hurray! I can't wait. Also man you got through season 1 faaaaast.

Also no worries I too am terrified of spiders....It's why i can never enjoy Return of the King 100% or Hobbit 2

4. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    If I binged something, it's usually a sign that I liked it. XD

I mean, in fiction giant spiders are usually pretty badass, but they still freak me out. You ever see a close up of a spider's face?

It's like a hairy Satan. *shudders*

JediBatman likes this.
  5. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Heck yeah they freaky.

But then you do stuff like they do with Shelob and it's like...BACK DEMON BACK!

Also YAY you liked and binged it that means you'll get to the seasons I like faster

(Edit: Season 2 and 3 are meant to be watched as one Season because Netflix choped them when releasing them)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2021
    Dream-Thinker likes this.
  6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

ROBOT CHICKEN RISE OF SKYWALKER!

Ghost and VexedAtVohai like this.
  7. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well....This happened

8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Sorry for the triple post but

@Jedi Ben Doctor Who just went in a very interesting direction right now.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  9. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Who?

10. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Okay before anybody kills me for even thinking about messing with perfection,...

What if in the distant future one were to remake Star Wars entire, including and especially Lucas trilogies. What so far missing in SW could be attempted when retelling it in a completely different style befitting a different era of filmmaking?

Like f.e. flashbacks, flashforwards. I know other SW used it elsewhere, but what other storytelling tricks could be implemented and pulled to recreate SW yet give it a new touch and how would you implement it?

F.e. could an animé style Force vision insert into TPM work, that young Anakin has when dreaming of himself as a future Jedi (akin to Tarantinos animé insert flashback in Kill Bill movies?)? Or could some classic sw elements like the Forcepowers be depicted different? More visible like in some superhero movies with visible effects in the air? How about for SW untypical nonchronological storytelling (f.e. Anakin and Obi Wan have visions of Vader and a dark future and try to prevent it, find the secret Sith of the Clone Wars and think it is him... only to later learn Anakin will become Vader when it is too late)?

11. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    And you're referring to?

12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Russel T Davies is returning to Doctor Who as show runner

13. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You already posted that, had the sense there was something else.

14. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    No, he's actually just named the Doctor.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  15. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Every time I come across some Legends ride or die fan posting up anything from LOTF/FOTJ and Crucible, I realize what rose tinted glasses a lot of people view those novels through.

All that stuff did Star Wars way dirtier than anything that can be argued for the ST. Post NJO storytelling was clearly hampered by the unwillingness to kill off or sideline the Big 3. Han, Luke and Leia became a drag on Star Wars storytelling and a crutch on which authors relied, refusing to pass the torch to the next generation. Which is what the NJO was supposed to be. And turned out a collosal failure at being.

The fact that the torch was never successfully passed to Jacen, Jaina or Ben Skywalker and that the novels relied so heavily on Han, Luke and Leia is a greater shame to Star Wars storytelling than what we got in the ST. We didn't even get a true next generation story until Legacy and that needed the Big 3 dead off screen to happen.

It's kind of pitiful.

These people always think what we "should have" gotten was the Thrawn trilogy(I'd argue it would.be a terrible episodic film continuation, DE is clearly a better continuation of the family saga for films... and we practically got that), what we would have gotten(because of the realities of time and aging) is an adaptation of the literal worst storyline in Legends with the worst edgelord tendencies, LOTF/FOTJ.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    Vthuil, Jid123Sheeve and Jedi Ben like this.
  16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@Dawud786

Every time I see people do the whole "Bring Back Legends" thing I'm like...Okay do you want ALL of Legends back because that means post NJO stuff, now if you like post NJO stuff that's one thing cool but like are you sure you want all of that.

I would understand if you'd like a Jacen Solo story that's just it's own fun adventure sure but do you really want ALL THE BAGEGE that came with legends.

Same.

JediBatman, Vthuil and Dawud786 like this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The strange thing is, independent of Legends, the ST did pretty much do Denningverse SW. You couldn't make it up.

In other news, the original KotOR is getting ported to the Switch. Combined with the Bayonetta 3 news, it might finally be time for me to nab a Switch.

Slater likes this.
  18. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I've been thinking of getting a switch myself only because a lot of my friends play it.

Plus i'v been dying to actually play some Mario Kart .

19. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    Mario Kart is fun. I havent done anything else on the Switch. I got it for my kids. One almost exclusively plays Fortnite on it, another exclusively plays Lego Jurassic World.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The other aspect is it has some very old classics available - Phantasy Star, Thunderforce 3 and 4.

Plus Xenoblade Chronicles remaster and sequel. Those games are huge. Wouldn't put it past them to find a way to port Xenoblade Chronicles X to the Switch.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    Dawud786 likes this.
  21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I got a ps4 for my Fortine time ;p

22. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I have a teen that plays Fortnite on Xbox and a preteen on Switch at the same time. It was literally the only way to bring a little bit of peace to my household and shrink game time by a couple hours.

23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Nice :D

Oh and to back to your previous post. I'm glad Star Wars got it's edglrodiness out of it's system before stuff got mainstream again.

Dawud786 likes this.
  24. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I would absolutely loathe the kind "blood and guts" R-rated Star Wars some people seem to pine for. Talk about missing the entire point.

25. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Oh yeah, i would even go as far as to argue that Star Wars as a IP is probably in a healthier place then it was during those LOTF/FOTJ days