main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Star Wars: Shadow of the Sith Novel by Adam Christopher

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ColeFardreamer, Oct 7, 2021.

1. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    https://www.starwars.com/news/new-books-revealed

SHADOW OF THE SITH

By Adam Christopher
    Del Rey
    Release date: June 28, 2022, available for pre-order now

Luke Skywalker and Lando Calrissian return in this essential novel set between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens.

The Empire is dead. Nearly two decades on from the Battle of Endor, the tattered remnants of Palpatine’s forces have fled to the farthest reaches of the galaxy. But for the heroes of the New Republic, danger and loss are ever-present companions, even in this newly forged era of peace.

Jedi Master Luke Skywalker is haunted by visions of the dark side, foretelling an ominous secret growing somewhere in the depths of space, on a dead world called Exegol. The disturbance in the Force is undeniable…and Luke’s worst fears are confirmed when his old friend, Lando Calrissian, comes to him with reports of a new Sith menace.

After his daughter was stolen from his arms, Lando searched the stars for any trace of his lost child. But every new rumor only led to dead ends and fading hopes–until he crossed paths with Ochi of Bestoon, a Sith assassin tasked with kidnapping a young girl.

Ochi’s true motives remain shrouded to Luke and Lando. For on a junkyard moon, a mysterious envoy of the Sith Eternal has bequeathed a sacred blade to the assassin, promising that it will give him answers to the questions that have haunted him since the Empire fell. In exchange, he must complete a final mission: return to Exegol with the key to the Sith’s glorious rebirth—the granddaughter of Darth Sidious himself, Rey.

As Ochi hunts Rey and her parents to the edge of the galaxy, Luke and Lando race into the mystery of the Sith’s lingering shadow and aid a young family running for their lives.

2. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Luke and Lando novel finally and some Rey backstory. Sounds like it be from Ochi point of veiw. This Will tie big into TROS.

3. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I can't say how hyped I am for this and finally my most speculated and discussed backystory bits finding exploration! I could link my old topics about Occhi if people want to read up on all known facts to the storied past so far before seeing the full picture in this upcoming novel.

4. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Also I wonder if there will be some Snoke content in this.

Lord Exor likes this.
  5. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Possible given Luke and Lando need to be held off from finding Exegol somehow.

I do wonder though, will it feature Lor San Tekka and Savi who both travelled with Luke into the Unknown Regions several times? Or was that a separate journey without Lando then?

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  6. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Yes, finally!

7. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Beyond excited for this. Great to see more tie-ins to the ST!

8. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    Finally, hopefully this is only the start of filling in the details that led up to the ST. Ochi has grown on me since he started appearing in the Darth Vader comics, And as much as I’ve been enjoying the High Republic, I’ve been missing these stories from other parts of the timeline. Although I do wonder if we’ll ever find out what the Mandalorian novel was going to be about…

9. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Interesting, glad to see this is closer to TFA then ROTJ.

10. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    The Mandalorian novel was Mandorla but in another era maybe.. hence its fate!

11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    So this 10 years before TFA i gather. With Baby Rey,[face_love] maybe we get nee info on clone Palpatine jr.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    Lord Exor likes this.
  12. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Rey is born 15ABY and was abandoned 5 year old around 20ABY so it would be rather 15-16 years after Endor and not 2 decades as advertised. Kinda middle point between ANH and TFA which is 30 years after ROTJ in 34ABY.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  13. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope we get plenty of info on Reys mom and dad.

14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Glad to see Adam Christopher is getting another shot at a SW novel. I was disappointed when the Mando novel was cancelled.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think a kittle Ben Solo cameo and Grogu mention is likley.

16. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well I am super into this.

Super, duper.

I really wanted this book!

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Knights of ren cameo, anybody.

18. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

You wanted to write it... we all did!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
    CampOfSorgan and Sinrebirth like this.
  19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Finally some much needed Sequel Trilogy related content.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope we see some of Luke's jedi acedemy before him and Lando go to hunt for Ochi and the sith.

21. DarkLordoftheFins

DarkLordoftheFins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 2, 2007
    I was sitting in cinema and knew this book was coming … what took them so long?

22. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    MOM AND DAD Palpatine will finally get names

23. Golbolco

Golbolco Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2016
    I am very excited about this. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get an encounter between Luke and Snoke, or some Lando and Ben interactions.

24. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Lando's wife and daughter?????

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  25. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Add me to the chorus of "finally!"

It is really exciting to see this plotline fleshed out, and yeah it would super great if we got some more stuff of Luke's academy, Lando's wife and daughter, and Rey's parents.

Also interesting to me that this makes it sound like Ochi wasn't on Exogal and dispatched, but was depressed out and about in the galaxy before being recruited by Palps for this job.

Lord Exor, Sauron_18 and Jedi Ben like this.