main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Star Wars: Shadow of the Sith Novel by Adam Christopher

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ColeFardreamer, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe Luke and Snoke haven't even met yet and meets for the first time this time around or just recently beocme allies.

2. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Hallelujah

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope for small Han and Leia mentions or cameo. Aslo maybe explain what Luke and his jedi do in this timeline.

4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Look at them expanding on that Sequel Era stuff, you love to see it

Also

MORE OCHI!

5. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Looking forward to scene where drunk Ochi tells stories about his adventures with Vader to folks in cantina. Also to scene where Palpatine meets infant Rey.

6. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Mara Jade and Ken Palpatine?

Ederlath Pallopides and Luuke Starkiller?

Mary Sue and John Doe?

Given Lando is canonically pansexual I think he may not follow the traditional wife and kid schematic... does he live with several wifes? Or is he a single dad and only had flings? Is Sana Starros the mom of Jannah finally? I feel Lando will surprise us with his love life! Maybe Sloane is the mom of Jannah and Lando once dated her shortly before ROTJ both oblivious who the other was or their allegiances?

Yeah that surprised me too that Ochi was not on orders (yet) but kinda bought himself a ticket to Exegol by reputation.

If Palpatine checks off contacting Vader's lackeys I wonder why nobody contacted the great one and only VANEÉ on Mustafar...

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Excellent news.

8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Indeed.

This was also the same guy whose Mandalorian book got cancelled.

Personally i think he got a upgrade by doing a Sequel Trilogy Tie-In

(at least i think so ;p)

9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I would have taken both but this works as a replacement.

It's also a very welcome and needed indicator that books get to address major plot points.

Golbolco likes this.
  10. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I feel like this particular plot point would work best as a book.

I feel like jamming into a wider Series would just derail said series.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2021
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  11. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, but until this announcement you'd have concluded the sequel era was going to be TV / Film only. That was the picture we had so this is a good bit of PR.

12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

That's true.

Although I still think there is some truth in that given the future of Sequel Era characters. Meaning what they'll do moving forward.

Backwards now seems like a different story

Though i still think a Ben Solo origin / Jedi Academy series is still on the cards.

But yes as you say it's good to know some plot points will be covered in books, and I think probably for the best, can't cram everything into one series.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2021
  13. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I just hope given all our expectations and creative connections to the plot snippets that the book does hold up to it. They could just, like usual, be careful and not add too much new lore and play it safe for other media to expand it or around it and have the book concentrate more closely on a few elements of said timeline spot.

We might not learn anything new about Rey's parents or Exegol and it ends up just a sad tale of Lando loosing his kid and Luke helping him to cope on a buddy trip following Occhi only to never find him and part ways. Ouch! I mean how to tackle the sadness in a meaningful way and not overshadow it with other plot points or a happy end? This book may be a dark turn for some characters and not end on a happy note.

And without finding Exegol, Luke sure will never loose his uneasiness about the vision and Sith emergence feeling as well as that may overshadow his entire training of his apprentices and Ben. To the point of overcompensating maybe by training them to fight an enemy others believe he only imagines unable to let go of the past war.

This book is the start leading to TFA, where the Heroes of Yavin and Endor's life took a turn for the worse and a quick and hard fall as Lando and Luke here will be changed afterwards, like Han and Leia were after their own fallout soon after.

But the books snippet at least gives me hope as Luke and Lando will meet Rey's parents and help them finally confirmed again as I suspected.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  14. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    @ColeFardreamer, I don’t think they need to shove polyamory onto Lando as well. Don’t want to feed the idea that bisexual or pansexual persons are polyamorous or promiscuous.

But.

We’re see.

I’m 100% here for Palpatine‘s son.

I bet his name alone blows up the fanbase.

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Disposable Sperm Repository #86571

16. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    Sorry I did not mean to generalise or imply anything on pansexual folks. Merely that Lando will surprise us.

As for Sheev Jr.s name... what if it is just... Sheev Jr.? And he wants to be called something else.. like Cos Da****.. but they already named their Sith hound that and his dad didn't like it.

Joke aside, I think Sheev Jr.s name might not be as surprising or good as we hope... back when they revealed Sheev for Palpatine I was quite shocked about it. Well that is until I learned of the etymology of Sheev and was happy again.

Or Rey's dad's name is simply... SNOKE.

And we never know how he would become so huge and ugly yet. Well his clone that is.

Imagine a tale of two brothers... one with the healthy body, the other with the healthy Force connection both vying for their "fathers" favor who tries to find the perfect mix between both's clones to have Force and body ideal.

The tale alone how Rey's dad could find love or be a nice guy is interesting. And how they escaped. Or did he have a dark past he turned away from?

17. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

This story is gonna blow up the fanbase regardless, i mean it's tied to a controversial film and a controversial concept of that film.

That being said I wonder how much this book will be allowed to expand upon. Being post ST gives it a lot of wiggle room i will say.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I thnik this book might hint to what Bad Batch and Mnadalorian does with clones, as Palpatine jr is non force user clone. He could be one of the supposed Snoke's. Rey being a strong force user with the dyad involved with the last skywalker.

19. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
  20. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Their names will be revealed! I love some Shriv content with Lando. Also Lando's wife from Last shoot, she is killed!

21. lordpixie

lordpixie Jedi Master star 2

Aug 30, 2015
    This is great news !. hopefully we get some Snoke story like how does leia know him was he just a boogeyman to Ben ?

Sinrebirth likes this.
  22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I bet at this time Luke and Snoke are good buddies. He's like Palpatine, he's close with Luke. I don't think they learned about Snoke's true intentions until it was too late. I could see this book, start a little trilogy from Luke's arc, this we see him having visions of the dark side and Exegol, we could get small mommetns with Snoke, and him trying to manipulate both Luke and young Ben Solo. I could see another book leads from this with Luke and Ben Solo book.

Sinrebirth and Sauron_18 like this.
  23. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
  24. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

I do love lightsabers. I love if this book feels like the Revenge of the sith novel with this beong the shaodw of the sith.

25. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Some good influences there as far as novels go.

AusStig likes this.