main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Star Wars: Shadow of the Sith Novel by Adam Christopher

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ColeFardreamer, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Badass Luke momments in the dessert humilating Ochi and members of the sith eternal. Maybe we see him slicing tie fighters and such.

AusStig likes this.
  2. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    16 years after Jakku…

One Canons it to just before the Vong War, or just after, yet to be seen. Probably just after

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    So thath's 17 after Endor right, and Rey would be 5-6 years old here right. Palpatine jr is around 15-16 by this book. Also it's nice that Luke didn't get this sense of danger until late in the game. The force didn't tell him of the growing darkness 16 years too late, lol.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  4. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I wonder if we'll actually get to see all of Luke's Jedi Students make an appearance? like Ben, Hennix, Voe, Tai, Maybe Grogu (and the other half a dozen that weren't name)

Jedi Ben and Sinrebirth like this.
  5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I think we will get a short Ben Solo cameo and a mention of Grogu.

6. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Bonus points if it is in the same sentence... like Ben playing with Grogu while Luke is busy with uncle Lando.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    It be a shame if Something were to happen to them, Snoke influence.

8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Despite wanting more ST stuff earlier I can get behind this thinking

Jedi Ben likes this.
  9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018

Intresting, i never considered this, so the plans for the first order is in motion, they are now arming the cartels and amaxine warrios, and inlfuence politics in the new republic.

I also like that this dork never really has a chance to come back.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  10. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    Looks like someone didn't like Poe Dameron: Free Fall

SyndicThrass and Sinrebirth like this.
  11. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    One one hand I’m excited for this. I have been wanting to see more of NR era Luke.

On the other hand I was (and still am) disappointed in Luke’s story in the ST, about him wanting the Jedi to end even knowing Kylo and Snoke are out there. Luke knowing Exogal is out there just makes his exile worse.

I hope we get more books (maybe a comic) about NR era Luke. I want to see one about him finding his students and building his academy.

Flyer75 and AusStig like this.
  12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Well that book kinda does have that (We need to Tie in/fix this retcon) issue.

This at least seems like they waited until they had the story they wanted to tell and would be the best executed

13. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The Dameron book gets you to the point where you want the Final Order to obliterate Kijimi - don't think that was the intended result.

14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Never read it so i'll take your word for this.

Shadow of the Sith though just seems like a more interesting prospect in general just in terms of concept and what it is expanding on.

15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    This book will must read for ST like bloodline with Leia is and the resistance book.

Shadowrain10 and Lord Exor like this.
  16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Generally, the YA books have been great but Dameron and Force Collector were a rare pair of total duds.

Back to the book, if the expectation is for this book to greatly improve Luke's ST story single handed, I don't think it can do that. More is likely to be needed.

17. Lord Exor

Lord Exor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2019
    I don't know about Grogu, since that would kind of spoil the surprise over what happens to him. I think they're going to keep Grogu's fate close to the chest for now.
    If Rey's father has a name, it's probably one he chose for himself. I can't imagine Sidious would have bothered with a name beyond something numerical.

18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    We got Leia for the politics and the republic, resistance book for the resistance storyline and this Luke novel for the Platpatine/Snoke, Rey's backstory and Ben Solo stuff, with how Luke got to the point of almsot killing his newphew.

Lord Exor likes this.
  19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I just want more fleshing out of the era regarding Palpatine's machinations and what not.

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Cam we really say Bloodline is, on its own, enough for Leia's story? It's a good start ,sure.

The danger I'm seeing if we go with the idea that it is, then that can lead to tick box continuity - you've had the Leia one, there's been a Han one, here's your Luke one, with a side order of Lando, now shut up and go away. I think the ST both needs and deserves more than that kind of approach.

Edit - I'm not sure how far this book can supply that Jid, if the story focuses on Luke and Lando, as they can't get to Exegol.

21. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Hey numerical names can be awesome... just look at how ancient Romans named their kids numerically!

@Jedi Ben Forcecollector was one of the best books Disney ever did!

what resistance book?

Lord Exor likes this.
  22. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Force Collector was 400 pages of following a boring bastard doing boring crap in a total borefest of a book.

23. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

well I think that all depends on what you the individual fan think the ST needs and deserves.

a continuation of Finn story to go more into the Stormtroopers and Finn ability to use the force yes.

bit more context into Palpatines return to power sure

however again I think it’s to be debated what the sequels deserve or need to be expanded on

24. Huncrweo

Huncrweo Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 3, 2020
    Not the person you're replying to, but I'll chime in and say that they're probably referring to Resistance Reborn.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    If ST content gets to a point of parity with OT or PT in terms of the content created for it, then you can start asking if it needs it, but its way behind right now.

For a supposed ST fan Jid, it's strange to me that you don't want it to get more content. (And talking of, where is the third Vi book?)

Never mind posting in Lit the idea that we shouldn't have more books.