main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books Star Wars: Shadow of the Sith Novel by Adam Christopher

Discussion in 'Literature' started by ColeFardreamer, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I want more content I just don’t want it to be made because of a need to FIX anything.

like I love Luke story post Endor and I don’t think it needs fixing.

the content isn’t the problem so much as the intent behind it. Are we embracing the Sequels or trying to fix something that’s not broken

2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, in this case, this book is bad news for you Jid because it likely will, regardless of what story it actually tells, be perceived as a fix book.

Unlike you, I don't see that as a guaranteed negative either.

For instance, is Cloak of Deception a fix book? It can be perceived as such. But, even if it is, does TPM benefit from the tie-in support it provides? Yes. Similarly Bloodline for Leia in TFA.

Wanting certain story strands expanded on can only boost the films, not weaken them. (If you really believe the films, on their own, need nothing, that they are perfect, then what are you posting in Lit for?) Does Marvel's War of the Bounty Hunters event suggest there is something wrong with or broken for either ESB or RotJ? I don't think it does.

Intent is pretty much irrelevant to me - no writer who is offered and takes on a SW job, with all the craziness it entails, wants to do it badly.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2021
  3. Lord Exor

Lord Exor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2019
    What the book is perceived as by... certain corners of the fandom is kind of irrelevant. As a fan of the trilogy, aren't you just a wee bit curious about some of the lore only briefly introduced in the films? If it scratches that itch, then great! That's all that really matters. I doubt any of the authors are going into these projects looking to "adjust" or "damage control."

Jedi Ben likes this.
  4. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Oh i'm hyped for this book regardless, and I doubt the author is gonna do anything to offend me personally

Who says i wasn't

This book has me more intrigued then all of the High Republic.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2021
    Lord Exor likes this.
  5. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    So sure are you? [face_devil]

6. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Nah i really excited for this and I really haven't cared much for the High Republic stuff in general or really interested in reading it.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think this is just the start of more ST era content. First books then comics and eventually tv show.

8. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I hope for the Snoke takes over the First Order book one day.

9. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    He won a danceoff with Sloane.. we need to break with the duel to the death and violence one day.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Don't worry Cole, Snoke insists duels are not to the death.....

Merely to involve multiple maiming of limbs so as to better enjoy the suffering of defeated enemies.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018

You think these guys could show up, I think this would be after Luke's first encounter with them.

12. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Actually doubt it as it seems Luke first explored with Lando and then maybe more with Lor San Tekka before travelling with Ben. Still they may appear but not meet Luke though.

But hey, Snoke had a first apprentice before Kylo... so maybe that guy can appear. And what if that guy is actually Ren himself!

Thoooooouuuugh... what if Rey's Mom, before fleeing with her dad, was Snokes apprentice? Nobody said it has to be a male apprentice, right? And seeing Rey's mom in full dark gear would be sweet.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  13. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Well, as the recent lego story establishes, Vanee gave even Palpatine the creeps.

Certainly a possibility...but I don't see any reason to hold back here. They were largely cautious before because they didn't want to contradict any answers the triology might provide, but I doubt any of the upcoming films are going to fill in ST plot points, so there is no need to hold back for them.

Honestly, Ochi is such a looser I am more curious how he manages to evade Luke and Lando enough to kill Rey's parents and die in the pit.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  14. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

@Jedi Ben

I think one thing to take from this is what stories in the Post Endor era will be told in books/comics and what do TV/Movies (Though lets face it mostly TV for now) will tackle.

If I had to guess stories involving/staring any of the major characters, Rey, Finn, Poe, Rose and Ben will probably still be in the TV/Movie preview

Though stories like this involving OT characters (Who Lucasfilm doesn't wanna recast for now) and more smaller scale stuff will go to the Books and Comics.

15. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Or do deepfake de-aging on. That tech needs a few more years of R&D.

Before this announcement I would have placed this in the film / TV slot.

As to main characters, depends how cynical you're feeling. The actors may for now want to get some distance from SW as it hasn't been kind to actors' careers. But equally Disney may want LFL to sever the link between actor and character.

16. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

I tend to be cynical the other way and I don't believe anything the actors say regarding what they won't or will do

So honestly the day the announce a Rey, Finn Poe and Rose story post TROS is the sign that there is no TV stuff in the works

17. Xander Vos

Xander Vos Jedi Master star 4

Aug 3, 2013
    Glad we're finally getting a book about movie characters between ROTJ and TFA. Curious as to the short gap between this and the Anakin/Obi-Wan book though, thought they'd space them out a bit more.

18. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It's less about the actors Jid and more SW' track record - it's not great.

19. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

They also can do animated series stuff with them too ala a Clone Wars too which is still TV

20. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    People like to fume about Denis Lawson trying to dissuade Ewan McGregor from doing SW, but from a business perspective? I can see Lawson's point easily.

21. EmperorHorus

EmperorHorus Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2016
    Thus commences Operation: Fix the ST

22. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Let's be honest, the real draw here is that we'll finally get to experience Ochi tooling around in that landspeeder with the Sith hood ornament. My current headcanon is that Ochi is playing "Low Rider" on Space Spotify as he does so, and I look forward to Adam Christopher officially confirming this.

darthcaedus1138 likes this.
  23. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I think you mean execute order: Fix the ST.

I am interested in this, I wonder what it will be like and how it will treat Luke.

Also Lando, Luke team should be fun.

24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Question is what needs fixing

My guess is he won't be that different, his change really happens when he opens up his academy and or feels the need to take out his nephew.

25. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    This book should explain how he goes from "I won't kill my own father" to "I see darkness in my nephew must kill".

As to what needs fixing? A lot.

TheMechanical0ne and Jedi Ben like this.