main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC [Its Spoopy Season] Welcome to the Halloween Countdown

Discussion in 'Community' started by AutumnLight91, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I know it's cheesy as hell, but I watch the original The Worst Witch on or around Halloween. Faruza Balk nailed the typecasting as a witch at an early age.

I also watch the original Halloween movie.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
    christophero30 likes this.
  2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My black cat can be evil, particularly when he’s hungry and impatient at 5 a.m., but he doesn’t go outside except on my deck, because people and coyotes are ***holes.

Anyone watching the Muppet Haunted Mansion? It’s decent but doesn’t compare to the Vincent Price episode of the Muppet Show.

3. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I got a rock.
    Best line ever.

Alpha-Red and Sarge like this.
  4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I actually watched that episode about a week ago. As I've been working from home I watch an episode of The Muppets Show on Disney Plus each morning during breakfast. It's amazing how so many of the guests can keep a straight face on that show.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  5. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018

Darth_Foo and christophero30 like this.
  6. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
  7. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Did you recognize the ghosts from the Vincent Price episode, though? And the throwback to the old dancing sketch was a nice touch. But yeah, Vincent Price singing "You've Got A Friend"... oh man.

My SO could not stop laughing about that goat.

(An old friend of mine is a VP at the production company that Disney contracts out to make this and the other Muppets stuff from recent years - Soapbox Films.)

8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    [​IMG]

Rew likes this.
  9. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    How about a spooky video? Here you go

10. Darth_Foo

Darth_Foo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Just watched Garfield's Halloween Adventure for the first time since probably 1990 on YouTube. The old man and pirate ghosts at the end are still freaky to 39y old me...

Last edited: Oct 10, 2021
  11. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
  12. Darth_Foo

Feb 24, 2003
    ^^
    One of the best Disney cartoons!

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    [​IMG]

Juliet316 and mnjedi like this.
  14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I have that on DVD somewhere but haven’t done much with my DVDs since I moved into this house two years ago. My kids loved it when they were younger.

I’m watching Nightmare Before Christmas.

blackmyron and Darth_Foo like this.
  15. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    My SO and I traditionally watch the Garfield Halloween Special every year.
    And yes, those weird abstract pirate ghosts are truly terrifying (even if it's hard to understand what pirates were around in Middle America in the 1880s, since it's supposedly exactly 100 years after they buried their treasure)

16. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018

[​IMG]

who thinks of doing that?? That is literally waking up in the morning and choosing trick instead of treat

Sarge likes this.
  17. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
  18. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
    mnjedi and AutumnLight91 like this.
  19. Darth_Foo

Feb 24, 2003
    Copied from Movie thread:
    Dracula's Daughter 1936
    Decent movie with, as usual in the old Universal Monster Movies, great cinematography, lighting, and mood. Oddly the main character doesn't want to be a vampire and thinks that since Dracula is dead the "curse" will wear off. She sees a doctor thinking the whole vampire-thing can be cured with positive thinking and will power. However she still needs to rest by day. My wife lol-ed and said "the first clue that you're a vampire is having to rest by day!"

Halloween 4 The Return of Micheal Myers
    I like 80's slashers too much even these middle Halloweens. Nightmare on Elm St is my fav franchise of the era, imo Friday 13ths start off good and go downhill through the years, while the Halloween movies after 1 are pretty...standard I think I want to say. Like the quality doesn't dip below the awful threshold until 6 (We won't discuss 3...) but doesn't rise above the great line like 1. I forgot about how a bunch of townsfolk form a lynch mob and go after Myers
    the trailer for newest Halloween shows a lot of townspeople banding together also to take him out "once and for all"
    I mean as much as I like Halloween 4 and 5 I wouldn't recommend them to someone who hasn't seen the earlier movies. Plus in my head-cannon 4-6 can work with H2O, Laurie just faked her death and for some reason adopted away her newborn baby. Makes her over protectedness of her son in H2O more than just usual Halloween jitters.

20. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Dracula's Daughter is interesting in that it follows directly from the first film - although it's irritating that she never explains how she's Dracula's daughter.
    Dob't scoff at her attempts for a cure - Larry Talbot eventually is cured of lycanthropy by surgery!

Darth_Foo likes this.
  21. Darth_Foo

Feb 24, 2003
    Also there's no explanation about what happened to Johnathan and Mina. They could have helped Van Helsing with the police.

blackmyron likes this.
  22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  23. bstnsx704

bstnsx704 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 11, 2013
    Continuing on from this list, I've since watched:

The Evil Dead (1981)
    Venom (2018)
    Midnight Mass [limited series] (2021) - first viewing
    The Old Dark House (1932) - first viewing
    Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021) - first viewing
    Evil Dead 2 (1987)
    Dracula (1931)
    Army of Darkness (1992)
    Lamb (2021) - first viewing
    Creature From The Black Lagoon (1952)
    Frankenstein (1931)

Gonna rewatch a couple more of the Universal Monster films (definitely Bride of Frankenstein, and probably The Mummy as well) and then try to break into some more modern stuff, I think. I'd also still like to do the whole Nightmare on Elm Street series, since I've only seen about half of those.

Also, yes, I did list the Venom movies as horror movies. [face_laugh]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
    blackmyron, Darth_Foo and TCF-1138 like this.
  24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    [​IMG]

blackmyron likes this.
  25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I watched both the Vincent Price episode and Muppet Haunted Mansion last night. The Price episode is a classic, and is still really funny, while the Haunted Mansion wasn't great. Not bad, but not very memorable either, unfortunately.

And I just can't get used to Kermit's new voice.