main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars: The Hidden Empire (WofBH / Crimson Reign sequel)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by JediFett10, Oct 12, 2021.

1. JediFett10

JediFett10 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 8, 2008
    Vialco likes this.
  2. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    The site that you linked to says "Details are unknown, save for its title, The Hidden Empire, and the knowledge that it will launch in 2022." So the Qi'ra/Crimson Dawn aspect is just speculation from the person who wrote the article.

3. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    It is a Bleeding Cool article so some scepticism is warranted.

Unless Marvel bust Crimson Reign out two a month, this'll likely start mid-2022.

Xammer and AusStig like this.
  4. JediFett10

Feb 8, 2008
    But we know that this trilogy focuses on Qi’ra and her criminal organisation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Well Crimson Dawn is a hidden Empire.

6. Daneira

Daneira Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 30, 2016
    We know the first two parts do. All we have for the third is a title.

7. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Soule has said it be trilogy for QIRA starting with WOTBH.

JediFett10 likes this.
  8. JediFett10

Feb 8, 2008
    My response is what’s quoted below.

9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    The more interesting and dangerous aspect in the limited info for your wallets is the term "linewide event".

10. VexedAtVohai

VexedAtVohai Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 4, 2020
    Hence why most of my comic consumption is a yearly binge through Marvel Unlimited.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  11. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Hidden Empire? Qi’ra is the secret founder of the Final Order and the post-IX big villain confirmed!

-some Youtuber, probably.

12. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Won't lie when i saw the heading that's kinda what i was hopping that's what the story was about.

Not Qi'ra being the founder of the Final Order just the Final Order in general.

Buuuuuuut Ren is gonna a big part of her arc maybe so......[face_dunno]

(Tin foil hats on)

13. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Oh no, she’s actually Palpatine’s Master. And Abeloth. Ren’s just a distraction.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  14. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I suspect that Qira and her hidden empire will factor into post ROTJ, stories. She has no reason to get involved with the cvil war between rebellion and the empire. Qira might help imperial warlords and others in the mandalorian timeline.

15. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Just sharing confirmation that this title is indeed the third entry in the Qi'ra trilogy -- this is from the final page of WotBH #5:

[​IMG]

16. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Marvel loves their roadmaps.

17. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Dunno if I'm gonna sound like a party-pooper, but I hope Bleeding Cool got this part wrong, and that entries two and three in this Qi'ra trilogy are their own minis without every other series getting roped in again. I think the creative teams on all the series did the best they could for WotBH, not knocking them here -- but by nature of the central story, the pacing was just plain gummed up in some tie-in issues. Maybe if 5-6 issues' worth of tie-ins wasn't required of every series, it would have flowed better -- but then that would mess with the TPB/arc design Marvel seems set on. So, hmm.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  18. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Marvel wanted the Immortal Hulk to end in a huge line wide event and he flatly told them no, and as result we ended up getting 50 issues of self contained storytelling that sold incredibly well.

Wish Soule would go that route.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  19. JediFett10

Feb 8, 2008
    The Hulk said no to Marvel…? That’s mighty brave of him!!

WMIRTUTSF and Daneira like this.
  20. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    He’s the Strongest One there is!

JediFett10 likes this.
  21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Soule wouldn't do what Ewing did. He's done lots of corporate event stories.

Were Immortal Hulk not the smash hit it is, I doubt Ewing would have pulled it off too.

Although, he may have paid in other ways with his Guardians run getting suddenly axed. It's been noticed this happened after greater diversity was added to the cast which is rather ominous.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  22. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Can not unsee this now... [face_nail_biting]

Well the War of the Bounty Hunters in a way took the Shadows of the Empire spot with only leftovers of SOTE still canon due to earlier books. So depending if Hidden Empire is pre or post ROTJ I can guess the story will involve Crimson Dawn being the Shadow of the Empire, as embedded into the galaxy as Black Sun was in Legends with agents in every organisation.

Hidden Empire could mean Crimson Dawn manipulating the Empire, or the Empire in hiding aka post ROTJ First Order. The latter though is unlikely I think given they would jump the timeline to after Jakku and not make use of going slowly through the post Endor year as is to be expected. The Knights of Ren may seem like a connection to Snoke but are not I think. Like Occhi they are not who they later will be, different cast for most of them for one and they will maybe end up with Snoke or in the Unknown Regions at stories end only.

What I do wonder is, what are Qi'ras goals and ambition? She claimed that she intended after shenangians to have Solo with his Rebel friends yet makes no move to help them or worry for him in Jabbas hands. She wants Crimson Dawn known and spread, destabilising enemies but does only show her strength to Vader and all to see but does not intend to directly engage the Empire aside dueling Vader.
    Thus to me it looks like she after years of preparation and infiltration, needs to be known for some reason instead of keep operating in secrecy. And what is unknown to date is if or how Dathomir is still important to her or Crimson Dawn as well as Darth Maul's Legacy depending of when and how she took over and who betrayed him. Is it all a ploy for the Legacy of Maul post mortem? Maul's spirit commanding her still from Dathomir where dead Witches can do so as he might? Did he even posess her maybe? Or are Qi'ra's character and ambition driven by some other need? Does she want the galaxy or just the underworld? Crimson Reign comes before Hidden Empire and it may tell us more, maybe with flashbacks, maybe even bridge till beyond ROTJ or Jakku.

23. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Which is ultimately what I’m being critical of. Soule’s probably popular with Marvel because he’s very much a team player, but they need someone in the Star Wars room to tell them no every now and then.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  24. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I'd be more inclined to agree with some of these complaints if WotBH hadn't turned out to be so fun. If that's representative of what a big Marvel "crossover event" looks like, then forgive me but I guess I'm failing to see the problem.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I bet this will be as big if not bigger event then WOTBH. As we might see Crimson Dawn creating this shadow empire, and like First Order it's unknown to rest of the galaxy. And has spies everywhere. Qira and Crimson Dawn has taken over the black sun as the prime criminal syndicate of the galaxy. And after the empire fell, i'm sure Crimson Dawn exploited the shift of the guard with Empire and New Repubilc.