main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge WIPtober! (Finish WIPs, Win Prizes!)—Sign Up Now through Sept. 30!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Findswoman , Sep 20, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Thank you so much, Earlybird, and I likewise wish you much success with yours. [face_good_luck]

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Findswoman I too wish you luck on your goal. Eagerly anticipates reading it LOL

3. Pandora

Pandora Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    Good luck on your goals, @Findswoman.

-----------------------

I am writing to announce that I have achieved one of my small goals, that of 500 words on "Water Flowing Underground." Actually, I surpassed that goal by perhaps a few words--as I wrote 1457 words in all. Also, I finished a post! That has only been in progress since September 2019! Here's another exclamation mark! I have only to get the next post properly started, and I will have finished one of my failed goals from WIPril.

4. ViariSkywalker

ViariSkywalker Kessel Run Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Aug 9, 2002
    Making progress on my goals!

I finished my vignette for the Romanticism Roulette mini challenge (which is also one of the one-shots I need for my large goal of finishing multiple one-shots): Turn Ourselves Into These Ashes

I've also written 633 words on the Ferrus fic, so I'm inching toward the 2,000 word mark!

5. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Congrats to everyone making progress! =D=

And best of luck to you, @Findswoman! :)

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  7. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
  8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Wow, wonderful work, everyone, and I'm just sorry that I've fallen behind on updating the index! @Pandora @ViariSkywalker @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha @RX_Sith I've updated the index with your achievements so far. Really loving seeing the progress being made! :)

As for me, I have met one of my goals by finishing the Lasan Series one-shot mentioned in my list. I've checked it off on my list of goals, but as it's still in beta, I'll add the actual link and title later.

EDIT: Now posted:
    Child of Lasan—Child of Lira San (Triptych)

Last edited: Oct 8, 2021
  9. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    (Double post, sorry!)

devilinthedetails likes this.
  10. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  12. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    I have met my second goal, that of 200 words on "The Wrong Side of History." Once again, I wound up surpassing my goal--this time by more than a few words, for a total of 2838 and a completed post. Apparently, the lower I aim, the more I write.

That will be all for a bit, though, as I'm leaving for the woods beyond the internet tomorrow. Good luck, everyone, and I am sure I shall see many completed goals in this thread upon my return.

13. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Great work, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and @Pandora ! Got your latest accomplishments checked off and counted in the index. Way to go, and keep it up! [face_party]

As for me, I’ve finally managed to get started on the story I’m writing on the multiple minigames prompts, with about 127 words. It’s something! I’ve also got two reviews to log: on the latest installments of @Pandora ’s The Winter Queen and @Kahara ’s Twin Suns Bed and Breakfast.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  14. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    I've only managed to get about half done for my Small Goal, with one comic page. Judging by that, it'll be like... 3-4 pages to get to my final goal. My drawing hand might need acupuncture after this.

15. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    There has already been so much wonderful progress made here by so many, yay! Well done, everyone! :D =D= [:D]

As for myself, I am happy to report that I have finished a medium goal in posting All Fools in Love for the current OTP challenge. I have also finished a large goal in writing 5000+ words on So Few Things. I hope to have an update ready to share soon!

For reviews, I have currently written 6. (A Lesson In Death, by Kit'; Child of Lasan-Child of Lira San, by Findswoman; Never Lost in Translation and Hither & Yon, by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha; The Garden was Beautiful, by devilinthedetails; and Turn Ourselves Into These Ashes, by ViariSkywalker)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2021
  16. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    I met my small goal: 100 words on untitled Ezra story.

17. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Ooh, ouch, hope you're doing better soon! Take the time you need; there's still more than half of the month left. We're cheering you on! [face_party]

@Mira_Jade and @Raissa Baiard , that is great news! Very well done, both of you, and I've got your accomplishments checked off in the list! Keep up the fab work. =D=

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  19. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    A1, that's great to hear! Got it in the index now. :)

20. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    It is my pleasure to announce that wth the completion of my second oneshot entitled Dances and Disguises, I have achieved my large goal of finishing multiple oneshots this month[face_party]

Dances and Disguises took longer to write than I initially envisioned (in part, because it grew into a longer story than I had pictured when I did my brainstorming for it), but I'm so happy that it is done, and I had fun writing it.

Thanks to @Findswoman for making October a great and motivating month to write in![:D]

21. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    I got my 1000 words done for How it ends (and then some - it's more like 3000 words)

Got 1 of the oneshots done, but can't get the ideas for the others so that's a bit suckful

22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  23. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Great work by all three of you! =D= I’ve updated the index accordingly and am just sorry I didn’t do so earlier (I was at Wizard World Chicago this weekend). It’s wonderful to see the goals rolling in, and I’m glad to do what I can to help that happen this month!

Also, @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha , it looks like you’ve now met all of your goals for the month—extra way to go to you! [face_party]

24. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Somehow we're halfway through October and I still haven't written a word. The way time has flown by this year, I feel like in about five minutes it will be next October and I still won't have written a word. [face_laugh]

I'm so far behind on all the stories I want to read, too, but I've managed 4 reviews so far:

Icky stuff and creatures by earlybird-obi-wan
    The Garden was Beautiful by devilinthedetails
    Inherit the Earth by devilinthedetails
    Never Lost In Translation by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Congratulations to everyone who's made progress, and wishing you all the best of luck and good vibes through the rest of the month! =D=[face_good_luck]

25. Pandora

Apr 13, 2005
    So I haven't accomplished any new goals, but while I have been dealing with the Emergency Vet Electric Boogaloo, Part Duh (one of my cats had to have emergency surgery last night in a city over an hour away, and of course, it was my special needs girl for whom even five minutes of anesthesia is a risk. She made it all right, but I experienced true abject terror last night) I have kept working away at "The Wrong Side of History" and I now have a total of 4934 words for the month.

@Findswoman , would it be all right for me to raise my already accomplished small goal to a large goal? Let's say for 6000-- as I am already within sight of 5000 words, that wouldn't be enough of a challenge at this point.

Finally: congratulations, everyone--both on your accomplished goals, and those there are still just begun! Remember, every word pried from the void and set forth into a story can be a victory sometimes.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2021