main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V The Old Republic MMO: The New Official Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Havac , Oct 7, 2012.

1. Gerak

Gerak Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2019
    PTS images, the Zoid design looks pretty cool
    [​IMG]

kalzeth and AusStig like this.
  2. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    It does look like a Zoid, doesn't it

kalzeth and Gerak like this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I suspect a tie to
    Iokath somewhere.

4. RafSwi7

RafSwi7 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2011
    Another Sith Banner from upcoming operation (from Twitter):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
  5. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    star wars insider 207 will celebrate a decade of SWTOR, with Malgus on the cover
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 18, 2021
  6. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Good thing he's not dead right now.

I absently wonder if they always intended to use Malgus as a 'finale villain'.

7. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    Originally the only way to beat him was to knock him down the shaft, so I don't think they ever had him 'die'.

He was always the 'head villain on the cover'
    [​IMG]

I also doubt this will be the final expansion since the contract was for 11 years.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    To 2023, yes?

9. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I thought 2022.

it is 2021 now right? I can't tell anymore.

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    It's 2021, yeah.

If 2022, we only have a couple more updates left at this stage, with current turnaround?

11. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    The game launched in December 2011. It should run until at least December 2022, 11 years.

Unless we are ENTERING the 10th year in December, then 2023 could be the 11th year.

Also it could run longer, depends if EA wants to renew it's contract, they did seem happy with it recently so it could go on longer if Disney see a profit.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    But even then... two-four updates yet?

13. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    I think they will milk TOR as long as they can, unless there is a replacement in the works or the game loses popularity

There has been some speculation that the KOTOR remake might also bring it into canon, but I just don't see them cancelling Legends TOR online to reboot it as Canon TOR and expect people to sign up immediately.... though I could be wrong.

High Republic MMO? But then that lacks Sith/Empire(s) and that’s a major vibe in Star Wars they need for a successful MMO. Maybe an other Sith based war period that needs to be re-fleshed out in Canon?

14. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    I'd imagine that, if the KOTOR remake is canon, TOR would be brought to an end to avoid confusion for the audience. It's not going to be dragged into canon just because KOTOR's getting redone.

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean I imagine the Nihil will become the Knights of Ren or revealed to be a Sith group...

... but I can't see TOR and KotoR co-existing.

That's just me, really.

16. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    If SWTOR ended (and I think it will, to some extent anyway) then it'd parallel SWG which ran for around 8 years. SWTOR gets a bit longer owing to its contract. Do Disney need a Canon replacement? Probably not, as the MMO genre isn't really turning the profit it used to. As much as I hate to say it, it looks like Battle Royale type games are actually the next popular thing, so Disney'd likely want to cash in on that.

17. Gerak

Gerak Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 23, 2019
  18. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    A lot.

I wonder if that will make them more keen to hang on to the revenue streams they have (like swtor). Gee that new management team that came in after they got the star wars exclusivity are just the worst. They wasted (on purpose) that deal with disney to focus more on milking fifa and now they are losing it. Built on sand indeed.

19. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    If TOR ends... will it end with a worths finale and on its own terms closure to its storylines? Will it just run till servers are disconnected upon license running out? Do they even have the time to end it on their own terms? I mean, if it is a quick decision to end it, there is not enough time to write, develop and program the fitting end. Hard cut then. Or do they know in advance long enough to work towards it? Cause no company or writer does write such an endgame if there is a chance to avoid it or renew a license. They may have thought about one, but that is still future music to be created then.

20. Hydrosphere13

Hydrosphere13 Jedi Padawan

Nov 9, 2020
    Tbh I always got the Emperor being the big bad. Also 100% Malgus was meant to return after that fp and I miss that mechanic. But that fp just has a lot of issues. Also in cut content apparently the Imperial Agent would've clashed with Malgus's spymaster on Ziost if I'm looking at the npc names right for the cut class storylines meant for the original ROTHC expansion.

kalzeth and AusStig like this.
  21. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    I am very disappointed Ziost got cut down (butchered) and Bothauwi got cut. Would have loved to see those planets in their glory (would love to go back to a healing Ziost).

kalzeth likes this.
  22. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I mean Vitiate has been dead for three years now, IC? If Nathema is any indication, it should be recovering well, though it was frozen in Fury so shrug.

Vialco likes this.
  23. AusStig

Feb 3, 2010
    It was and will remain a cold world, but it still had life.

I would still like to see the gateway to the Empire.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  24. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

25. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    No end in sight and expandiong... Wooohooo!